PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Spell or Spells

relytdan
2014-08-02, 12:51 PM
Ok Playgrounders, I need a spell or spells that will automatically be cast on my character should that character be killed to bring it back to life.
Any book, any casting class, no dragon magazines.
what spell or spells can do this?

Dalebert
2014-08-02, 01:11 PM
Clone (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/clone) Extra letters needed so the forum will let me submit this.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-02, 01:12 PM
Death Pact, Spell Compendium, Cleric 8, Pact domain 8. "Permanent until triggered" so it can be dispelled or disjoined before it goes off.

heavyfuel
2014-08-02, 01:13 PM
Astral Projection (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Astral_Projection)will help you too.

TmasterT
2014-08-02, 01:14 PM
contingency, with raise dead, resurrection, true rez?
Close wounds?
Revivify?

Hiro Quester
2014-08-02, 01:25 PM
Revivify seems like the ideal solution, if you are thinking about a contingent spell. Instantly restores you to -1 HP, with no loss of level, etc., if cast within one round if your death.

Most of the other raise spells without loss of level, etc. will be too high-level to be put in a contingency.

I've been looking for there same kind of spell for my contingency.

Question: Can an arcane caster get someone else (the party cleric) to cast a spell like revivify into their contingent spell? Can it be cast from a scroll? Does it have to be one the caster of contingency casts?

Edit: typos

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-02, 01:33 PM
Question: Can an arcane caster get someone else (the party cleric) to cast a spell like revivify into their contingent spell? Can it be cast from a scroll? Does it have to be one the caster of contingency casts?

Not for Contingency itself, but if using Craft Contingent Spell from CA you can have multiple characters contribute to it just like any magic item creation.

Falcon X
2014-08-02, 01:36 PM
It's an investment, but a Lvl 10 Sand Shaper gets the Desert Shroud ability that lets him always revive in his home environment.

I used this for a boss once. The players hated it, because he just kept coming back. I made him a half-janni and the best way of finishing him off is getting sucked into a magic lamp (Yes, I homebrewed the idea, it worked thematically). My players discovered this surprisingly quickly.

Aliek
2014-08-02, 01:36 PM
If using the "wiring" system for Psionic Tattoos(made for 3e but can be converted without much trouble), you can do the revivify tattoo(Instructions written by PhaedrusXY)

Psionic Revivify tattoo (2 slots, 1400+1000 gp, or 1400 + 200 XP)
Capacitor (1250 gp)
Relay (50 gp)
Dimension Slide tattoo (or could use Ectoplasmic Cocoon on yourself, basically you just want to get out of harm's way)(750 gp)
Body Adjustment tattoo (augmented with 2 power points, making it count as 3rd level)(750 gp)
Inducer (2 slots, 2400 gp)
Transducer (1250 gp)(optional, allows you to recharge this with your own power points. You can also use this to recharge other tattoos, if you get more)

Total: 9/20 slots and 8850 gp

This circuit will do the following:

1) Activate Dimension Slide or Ectoplasmic Coccoon (on yourself) immediately upon your death.
2) The next round, you will be brought back to life with no XP loss, but at -1 hit points and stable.
3) The round after that, you'll be healed for 2d12 hit points (this amount could be increased for more money).

The whole thing is reusable. It naturally recharges after 19 days, or you can recharge it yourself for 38 power points. While recharging, it drains 1 power point per day from you.

I can't explain the psionic circuit system very well, but there's a great guide on it (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2814), which should clear things up :smallbiggrin:

Story
2014-08-02, 01:53 PM
You might want to throw in a Miracle to undo any conditions that may be preventing you from being resurrected normally.

relytdan
2014-08-02, 07:37 PM
contingency - Revivify should do the trick - thanks
I will also look into Psionic Tattoos