PDA

View Full Version : New idea for favored soul

maniacalmojo
2014-08-02, 03:16 PM
I was thinking about the favored soul and what they should get in order to make them fit thematically and i think i came up with an idea.

Limit their spellcasting and tie it all to charisma but in exchange they have all the other divine abilities of cleric and paladin. They have turn/rebuke undead. Lay on hands, aura of diety (plus some special aura specific to FS) all of the domains of their diety and all the powers of those domains.

They would also need to be within one step of their diety (if they follow a chaotic evil diety they need to be neutral evil or chaotic neutral for instance)

Wings would also be given at tenth level.

Vhaidara
2014-08-02, 03:38 PM
One thing that I mentioned in the other Favored Soul thread that I'll repeat here (and shameless stole from Grod_The_Giant's T3 cleric fix): Replace their spell list with the combination of the spells from their deity's domains, give them all of the domain powers (War Domain advances their Weapon Focus line up a step).

Note that this is designed to put them at T3, so it does weaken them. But their current problem isn't that they're weak, it's that they're strong and pretty boring, so I don't see this as an issue.