PDA

View Full Version : Immunity to Energy X?

Andvee
2014-08-02, 04:23 PM
Hey first post!

Anyways I'm trying to make a fire sorcerer character and he should be immune to fire. I'm having difficulty finding a good way to get it for him though. I'm looking for a low to no LA means of getting it. I've heard of the rings that would grant it to but they're a bit out of budget, no items over 10K allowed unless it's found. Character will be lvl 11. I want to keep as much caster progression as possible since sorcs are behind already. Any sources except for Dragon Mag, Homebrew and Tome of Magic is allowed.

Chronos
2014-08-02, 04:41 PM
Mantle of the Fiery Soul, a spell from Sandstorm, will give you the fire subtype. Best of all, it's instantaneous, meaning that you can just cast it once (or get it cast on you), and it's forever, with no chance of being dispelled. It'll also make you vulnerable to cold, of course, but I've a hunch that fits your character concept.

Daishain
2014-08-02, 04:54 PM
Racial methods (others exist, but I left out those with +2 or higher LA)
-Fire Gnome (+1LA)

Class related methods:
-Flame's Blessing (stance, grants FR equal to ranks in tumble, grants immunity at tumble 19)

Other methods
-Ritual of the Elements (costs 36k, 1,440 xp, and gives a +1 LA, among other things grants immunity to particular element)
-Be polymorphed into fire elemental, Efreeti, or similar critter.
-Be an undead animated by someone with the Acid Symbol Spell, somehow gain a a mind and freedom
-Get CL7 Arcane or CL 6 Divine spellcaster to hit you with Energy Immunity once a day.

I also ran across a homebrew class, Fire Mage, that would grant it at level four. But I don't know if that would be acceptable to you or your GM.

Andvee
2014-08-02, 05:06 PM
Mantle of the Fiery Soul, a spell from Sandstorm, will give you the fire subtype. Best of all, it's instantaneous, meaning that you can just cast it once (or get it cast on you), and it's forever, with no chance of being dispelled. It'll also make you vulnerable to cold, of course, but I've a hunch that fits your character concept.

Mantle of the Fiery Soul sounds right for him getting fire subtype is ideally what I want him to have since his thought process will be similar to Kossuth (despising water/cold magic). I wanted him to be born with it but I guess I might be able to haggle the DM into allowing it and we just RP like I've had it from birth. ty :smallbiggrin:

SethoMarkus
2014-08-02, 05:12 PM
It isn't the best PrC and only has 8/10 caster levels, but Elemental Savant grants immunity to your chose elemental type as it's capstone. You also gain the Elemental type, as a Native Outsider, as a bonus.

Chronos
2014-08-02, 05:21 PM
...Wait, never mind, I just double-checked, and Mantle of the Fiery Spirit is at least an 8th level spell, and requires a 5000 GP material component and 2000 XP, which (at the standard costs for spellcasting services) puts it out of your price range.

Anthrowhale
2014-08-02, 09:00 PM
A major bloodline of Red Dragon, Gold Dragon, or Efreeti grants resistance to fire at early levels and immunity to fire at level 20.