PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Tvtyrant's Homebrew Spell List (Peach)

Tvtyrant
2014-08-02, 05:42 PM
Tyrant’s Force Barrage
Evocation (Force)
Level: Sor/Wizard 9
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./CL)
Effect: 30 rays.
Duration: instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes
You inundate an area with force rays, pulverizing your enemies. You fire 30 rays which each require a ranged touch attack and deal 1d12 force damage each.
You may fire all of these rays at one opponent, or divide them evenly amongst any number of enemies up to 30. These rays all emit from your hands simultaneously.

Tyrant’s Liver Beast
Transmutation
Level: 6
Range: Close (30 ft. + 5 ft./CL)
Target: One living humanoid
Saving Throw: Fortitude
Targeted creature makes a fortitude save.

On a failed save part of their internals is turned into an elephant, which immediately tears free, dealing 1d6 bludgeoning hit point damage per caster level (capped at 20d6) and 1d6 constitution damage. The elephant is intent on killing the creature it came free from, attacking them relentlessly until one or the other is dead. If the Elephant wins the battle it becomes permanent, but it is wild and not in any way under your control.

On a successful save the target takes 5d6 hit point damage.

Tyrant’s Heart Beast
Transmutation
Level: 9
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Target creature makes a fortitude save.

On a failed save the target humanoid’s heart if transformed into a Legendary Tiger. The target takes 1d6 bludgeoning hit point damage per caster level and 2d6 constitution damage. The Legendary Tiger aggressively attacks the target until one or the other is dead. The Legendary Tiger remains after the battle, but is considered wild and is in no way under the control of the caster.

On a successful save the target humanoid takes 5d6 hit point damage and 1d6 constitution damage.

Tyrant’s Stomach Beast
Transmutation
Level: 3

On a failed save the target humanoid’s stomach is transformed into a Giant Crocodile. The target takes 1d6 bludgeoning hit point damage per caster level (maximum 10d6). The Giant Crocodile aggressively attacks the target until one or the other is dead. The Giant Crocodile remains after the battle, but is considered wild and is in no way under the control of the caster.

On a successful save the target humanoid takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage.

Tyrant’s Finger Beast
Transmutation
Level: 1
Target: Target humanoid

On a failed save the target humanoid’s Index Finger is transformed into a Baboon. The target takes 1d8 bludgeoning hit point damage. The Baboon aggressively attacks the target until one or the other is dead. The Baboon remains after the battle, but is considered wild and is in no way under the control of the caster.

On a successful save the target humanoid takes no effect from this spell.

Tyrant’s Myriad Tortures
Necromancy
Level: Wizard/Sorcerer 8
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 min/CL
Saving Throw: Will and Fortitude
You touch the opponent, and their body convulses as waves of exhaustion, nausea and fear over take them.

The opponent makes a will save or become frightened, and even on succeeding on their save are still shaken. At the same time they make a fortitude save or become nauseated, becoming sickened even on a success. The enemy is also fatigued upon being touched by the caster and cannot save against this.

Tyrant’s Fright Glare
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S, M
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft. per level)
Target: Target Creature
Duration: 1 round/CL
Saving Throw: Fortitude Save
A dark beam of energy emits from your eyes, terrifying your enemies and causing them harm.
Target creature makes a fortitude save or takes 1d6 cold damage and is shaken. On a successful save they resist the effect entirely.

Doorhandle
2014-08-03, 10:11 PM
Wow, the beast spells are... insanely horrifying, insanely fun, insanely awesome and generally just insane. I like them. I think figner baboon is way too powerful for a level 0 spell tho:the most ray of frost will do is 1d3, remember. I'd leave it at level 1; it's perhaps a little weak for level two.

Tyrant's mirad tortures isn't too out of line, except for the fact that the target is guaranteed fatigued which will instantly screw over barbarians. Not sure what to replace it with, since the target is already guaranteed to be shaken and sickened.

Force barrage is good as is, I think. It will average 180 damage.

Tvtyrant
2014-08-04, 02:29 AM
Wow, the beast spells are... insanely horrifying, insanely fun, insanely awesome and generally just insane. I like them. I think figner baboon is way too powerful for a level 0 spell tho:the most ray of frost will do is 1d3, remember. I'd leave it at level 1; it's perhaps a little weak for level two.

Tyrant's mirad tortures isn't too out of line, except for the fact that the target is guaranteed fatigued which will instantly screw over barbarians. Not sure what to replace it with, since the target is already guaranteed to be shaken and sickened.

Force barrage is good as is, I think. It will average 180 damage.

Moved Finger Beast to a 1st level spell, I am going to make a hair to weasel spell as a cantrip to replace it. No damage, just fortitude or your hair becomes a weasel!

Myriad Tortures doesn't really need fatigued, I just liked the idea of a spell that effectively acted like a no save Bestow Curse (and then put it into 8th level slot.) I might swap fatigue for reflex save against blind, and then dazzled no matter what. If I do that I might need to bump it to a 9 (slightly too strong for 8, doesn't compete well with 9s.)