PDA

View Full Version : Uses for turn undead on a MT

TypoNinja
2014-08-02, 07:17 PM
So I've got a new Mystic Theurge (or at least will only 2nd level so far:P) and I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with my TU uses.

I don't want to go DMM since that's way too much OP for the game I'm in. I'd be fine with TU being used to actually turn undead, alas MT won't advance my level for turning so it'll quickly become useless.

Air and Travel domains.

Anything useful I can do with my TU? Or am I chasing a lost cause?

BaronDoctor
2014-08-02, 07:23 PM
C-Divine Sacred Healing lets you burn turn undead attempts to grant your party fast healing for a minute. If you're looking for low-op, it's a decent way to use a non-spell resource to do something people often look at a cleric to do.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2014-08-02, 07:26 PM
Maybe some Divine feats other than Metamagic. If there are a lot of ghosts or similar in your campaign, Divine Accuracy can be a help and give you something to do with TU attempts. Since you have the Travel Domain, Divine Alacrity will let you burn a TU to get +30ft land speed for a round. Divine Defiance lets you use TUs as if they were dispel magic to counter spells. Divine Spontaneity lets you burn TUs to convert Cleric spells into domain spells, which might be useful.

TypoNinja
2014-08-02, 07:27 PM
Ohh that has potential as after combat heals without burning the cleric spells, that's not bad at all.

edit: Divine Defiance is amazing. Counterspells as an immediate action, without readying, from a single feat, without using up your actual spells.