PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy: Damnation is Eternal IC thread

Ghost49X
2014-08-02, 11:38 PM
You wake in your assigned cell serving as housing for acolytes and others who serve the Inquisition. The cell is small but as a veteran acolyte you are given the small comfort of being assigned individual quarters. Half the size of group accommodations you have room for your bunk bed and not much else. The bottom bunk has been removed and replaced with a small desk and writing materials. The room also contains a personal bunk box or chest and what ever meager personal decoration you were able to acquire in an attempt to render the heavy bare stone walls room any less gloomy. Other than your personal sidearm, weapons and professional equipment are of course stored elsewhere in vaults and armories until needed.

The morning horn blows a loud and clear tone, indicating the start of the day. To you this means you have an nearly an hour and a half before you are to report for at training hall F-03, where you will meet your new assigned master as and team. It is not far from your quarters so you do have some spare time.

FroDough
2014-08-03, 05:42 PM
A horn blasted through his morning prayer. Iacton's eyes snapped open at the interruption, the hundredfold Decalogue remaining once again uncompleted. He sighed. Perhaps one day if the Emperor allowed. he would have the hours necessary to complete the prayer. Removing his night robe in favor of his hallowed Ecclesiarchy gear, he let the fabric flow round his waist, comfortably hiding the bolter dangling from his waist. A candle danced in the corner of his eye,turning he moved to extinguish the flame. Looking up, a chronometer told him he had an hour and a half left before meeting his team. Deep black bags under his eyes told him he should spend the time resting, but Bamberg demanded otherwise. Gliding outside, Iacton began to search around for what he could find about his new master.

[roll0]

A scrutiny role to see what I can find out about our new master and or team.

Cilvyn
2014-08-04, 11:00 AM
Arue - Assassin

Arue sits on her bed with her eyes closed after she woke from the horn blowing. She sits motionless with her arms in relaxed position. After a while she stands up. makes sure she is correctly dressed and carefully applies her cap. She paces through the room to kill time, not stressed but just walking in silence like she's continuing her meditation.

The rest of the time she polishes her boots and weaponary to look as good as she can for her new master and teammembers.

dupersudi
2014-08-05, 03:48 PM
As soon as the Horn begins blowing Fizz snaps out of his reverie, he had been calculating prime numbers in his head until something happened or it was time for Tech rituals to be done with his Mechadendrites and Las Pistol. Fizz gathers his Las Pistol, muttering a brief prayer to the Omnissiah, and slips it into his red Mechanicus robes. He then walks rapidly towards the training hall, reaching it quickly and waiting for the rest to gather.

FroDough
2014-08-06, 08:16 AM
"Hmm an arbitrator that despises the nobility" , Iacton murmured. "Perhaps she found the rot taken root among the spires of the upper class. No reason Bamberg would suspect her." . Dismissing his speculation, he made his way to the meeting place, and scanned the room. So far two acolytes had made it there. Putting his sermon voice on, his voice soared across the hall "Greetings fellow acolytes, I Iacon Jan wish to make the pleasure of your acquaintanceship"

Cilvyn
2014-08-06, 09:05 AM
Arue Tadleigh - Assassin

Arue makes her way to the hall where the other acolytes are. her movement is like she is sliding over the floor, her feet making no sound. And her face is hidden udner her cap.

Mh she mumbers and she nods at the two others. leaning against the wall waiting for something to happen

dupersudi
2014-08-06, 09:30 AM
"I am Fizz Prime, Tech-Priest of the Omnissiah. Do you have any information about our leader? Or our next assignment?" Fizz also looks around for any computing or vox devices in the room to interface with.

Tech use to interface with any vox or computer systems, ignore if there aren't any.
[roll0] TN 67 47 Int +10 Tech-use +10 Utility Mechadendrite.

Ghost49X
2014-08-06, 11:34 AM
Looking around Fizz spots an cogitator monitor, it is currently folded into the wall and would presumably be used to record or review training records. There is also a service jack in the wall that would allow interfacing with the cogitators and other machinery within the palace, but using this would require an Electro-graft.

Cilvyn
2014-08-06, 01:50 PM
Arue remans shady leaning against the wall.

nah-ah she sais to let Fizz know she has no intell

FroDough
2014-08-07, 10:32 AM
"Dearest friends, had I information of worth, it would flow from my mouth, surely as forgiveness doth flow from that of the Emperor!" Iacton uttered. Any information he had gathered, in truth, probably wasn't especially relevant to the lives of these acolytes.

Ghost49X
2014-08-07, 09:16 PM
The room is silent when the door opens. A platinum blond woman wearing the black coat and hat of a Commissar walks in and looks around the room, then at them. "Attention Acolytes, form up against the wall facing the center of the room." Standing silently ten paces ahead of them and off to one side. Staring at them with the cold stare of authority until they do as requested.

Once everyone is against the wall, she calls out "Ma'am they're ready for you" and salutes as a middle aged woman walks in with black armor, a Shock maul and combat shotgun hanging from her belt. Orange hair in a short practical boyish cut and a stern look make her stand out as she walks to the center of the room and eyes them. She tilts her head to towards the Commissar and murmurs "There's missing one"

The Commissar doesn't show any reaction as she responds "The deserter will be taken care of, I will see to it personally"

The woman in armor nods. "Good, now for the rest of you. I am Inquisitor Astrid Skane, I've heard about each of you and I've brought you here to serve the Imperium. I don't intend to send you far right away, for there are already matters worth investigating here on Scintilla. You are not to bring judgement without my approval unless it is the most dire of cases. I have other business to attend to in Hive Sibellus, so I'll be sending you to Gunmetal City to investigate something on my behalf. Commissar Malkovic will provide you with the details." Inquisitor Skane steps forward and takes a moment to size each of you up, then points at Iacton Jan "Until further notice I will appoint you to lead this investigation. Do not disappoint me." Stepping back she nods at the Commissar.

The Commissar calls out "Questions or concerns for the Inquisitor? If it's trivial, it can go through me."

dupersudi
2014-08-08, 02:35 AM
Fizz wordlessly complies with the Commissar's orders. Hearing Iacton being chosen as their leader he examines the man more carefully. And when asked if he has further questions for the Inquisitor he keeps his mouth firmly shut. I know not what value these entities have for me or the omnissiah, best to be one more in red robes until I ascertain their worth. As for my team... Well time will tell.

FroDough
2014-08-08, 11:07 AM
"I will do what the Emperor demands of us all, Inquisitor." The benefits that this position would provide would make investigating Skane somewhat easier. A leadership position would make it significantly easier to decide if she was worth a full investigation from Bamberg.
"Commissar, if we may proceed to the mission with much haste, I would be most grateful." Iacton asked.

Ghost49X
2014-08-09, 11:35 AM
Inquisitor Skane nods at the silence then walks out. The Commissar salutes promptly as the inquisitor leaves, then looks back at the acolytes and produces a data slate from her pockets. "A few months ago an archivist in noticed some inconsistencies with the records for the psyker tithe in Gunmetal city. You are to investigate this archivist and his claims then let the inquisitor know of your findings. After which she will either pass judgement or request that you look further into the matter before she does. The details are on this data slate. Questions, concerns or requests?"

dupersudi
2014-08-09, 12:07 PM
"What resources will we have access to either prior to, or once involved in, this mission?"

Cilvyn
2014-08-09, 12:49 PM
Arue does as the inquisitor and the commisar ask, but is silent the whole time. She looks at the leader of the cell and nods respectfully at him. The rest fo the conversation she listens very interrested and alert, but not bringing anything up.

Ghost49X
2014-08-09, 12:53 PM
"A modified Aquilla (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Aquila_Lander) has been chartered to take you to Gunmetal city. There it will remain under your command but the pilot will stay with the ship. If he is idle the Inquisition may re-assign him elsewhere, in that case you will have to contact the Inquisition and requisition another when you leave Gunmetal City. If you see the need for anything else I will see what I can do, but understand that the inquisitional resources are stretched thin."

FroDough
2014-08-10, 01:29 PM
"By the power of the great and noble Emperor, the blips in His records shall be accounted for, and by His word it shall be dealt with" Iactons preached, his words echoing around the hall. A pilot would doubtlessly be a useful aid in this mission, as well as the Aquillia, furthermore, access to the planets records should give him a good idea of the pecking order among inquisitors in this sector. "The rot of miscreant psykers should be torn from the Emperors galaxy" Iacton finished, injecting a tone of anger into his speech.

Ghost49X
2014-08-11, 03:54 PM
"At this time the pilot should be performing his daily checks at the palace landing strip. If there are any issues you can find the procedure to contact both the Inquisitor or myself on that data slate." She looks around at each of them as if expecting other questions or requests then nods when there are none. "You are dismissed, but remember that the Inquisitor will be expecting timely reports of your progress."

With this she walks out of the room, no doubt to attend to her other duties.

FroDough
2014-08-11, 04:01 PM
"Well then fellow acolytes, we should proceed with all due haste toward the landing pad. I should expect to see both of you there in the hour - after picking up any equipment we might need". He turned his smile in just a manner as to hopefully imply that they should do what they could to pick up what they could, hopefully without any particular authority figure noticing. He had done the maths in his head, it would likely take no more than half an hour to pick up the required equipment for this mission, he only really had to acquire his grenades and flak armor, which gave him half an hour to try and find something about this gunmetal city from other acolytes. Hopefully, the other members of his team would use the time productively, maybe to 'acquire' some gear that was perhaps usually off limits.

A inquiry role to see what I can find about Gunmetal city - hopefully only spending half an hour on the task

[roll0]

dupersudi
2014-08-12, 04:42 PM
Fizz moves to the armory to retrieve his gear and inspects it thoroughly, going through the requisite blessings before equipping it or stowing it in various pockets beneath his robes. Having done that, he quickly walks to the landing pad and arrives precisely 1 hour after Iacton gave the order.

Cilvyn
2014-08-13, 08:29 AM
Arue makes herself ready, fetching her stuff and returns to the others without saying a word awaiting for the chosen leader of the cell to give her new orders.

Cilvyn
2014-08-15, 03:25 PM
Mh so, boss what do you want me to do? het voice is clear but not what you expect. it sounds girly yet a bit hoarse.

FroDough
2014-08-16, 05:46 AM
Robes billowing around him like some great bird of prey, Iacton, shouting over the noise of the various flight crafts, said "Lets get to the mission." Thrusting at an obviously modified Aquillia. Striding to the pilot, he asked "When are you ready to fly? I want to get going as soon as possible"

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 01:01 PM
Fizz walks around the interior of the vessel examining it's systems.

[roll0] TN 67

Ghost49X
2014-08-16, 03:01 PM
As Iacton aproaches the Aquillia he spots a woman, with dark hair wearing civilian attire, under the ship performing maintenance on an open panel. When he calls out to her she puts down her tool and rolls out from under the bird. Standing up she salutes him "Valery Alaxis, I used to fly for the Imperial Navy. She can be ready to fly in twenty."

Fizz arrives while Iacton is talking to to the pilot. From the outside he immediately notices that the Aquillia is well cared for, the standard bolter has been replaced with an auto-cannon and the original engines have been replaced with modified high trust X-800 'Eques' thrusters. The insides of the ship are comparable to others Aquillia Fizz has been on, but is still remarkably well kept.

FroDough
2014-08-18, 11:34 AM
"Superb" Iacton flashes the pilot a quick smile, before smoothing out his robes as he takes a seat on the ground. "Please notify me as soon as we are ready to leave."

Cilvyn
2014-08-19, 06:04 AM
Ready Sir!