PDA

View Full Version : Do these multiply on crit?

j_spencer93
2014-08-03, 12:07 AM
I am just wanting to clarify if these two ability multiply on a critical hit. Also is Crushing Blow worth a feat with a monk whose base speed is 390ft (paragon creature), level 31 (monk 6, monk of enabled hand 5, acolyte of the fist 10 [allowed it to increase monk speed/unarmed/flurry], perfected one 10).

Crushing Blow (feat)
Your charges strike with incredible force.
Prerequisite: Power Attack
Benefits: At the end of a charge, if you move less than your standard movement, you add 1 point of damage to a successful attack per 10ft of movement remaining. Crushing Blow cannot be used if you charge beyond your standard movement.
Example: A 20th level monk (base speed 90ft) with Crushing Blow charges an opponent 10ft away. With a successful strike, he adds +8 to damage. The same monk charges an opponent 80ft away. With a successful strike, he adds +1 damage. If he charges 90ft or more, he adds no damage. Extra movement from magic items or spell effects do not add to damage.

Lung Soo, "Dragon's Tail Slap" (Su): The Enabled Hand monk has the ability to send a creature that is damaged by his unarmed attacks flying across the battlefield. The monk can use this supernatural ability once per round, up to a number of times per day equal to his Enabled Hand class level. The monk must declare he is using a dragon's tail slap before making the attack roll (thus, a missed attack roll ruins the attempt). If a foe is struck by a monk of the Enabled Hand, the monk automatically initiates a bull rush attack (Player's Handbook, page 154), except as follows. The Enabled Hand monk and his foe make opposed Strength checks. The Enabled Hand monk is treated as if he were one size category larger than his actual size for purposes of determining his size-category bonus on the opposed Strength check. In addition, the monk also automatically gains a +4 bonus from his lung soo training.
The foe takes an additional amount of damage from the attack equal to the number of feet she is knocked back. The Enabled Hand monk doesn't move when his foe is knocked back. The foe may provoke attacks of opportunity when he is knocked back (although not from the monk), but the monk is not subject to attacks of opportunity because he doesn't move (unlike a standard bull rush). If the monk fails the opposed check, he suffers no deleterious effect.

Blackhawk748
2014-08-03, 12:11 AM
since both are fixed numbers and not bonus dice i believe they do, though im not 100% on that

Also Crushing Blow seems to be very worth it.

Vhaidara
2014-08-03, 12:12 AM
1. Any flat damage, including that of Crushing Blow, is multiplied on a crit.
2. I don't see anything about the second feat that would be multiplied on a crit. And I didn't finish reading.
3. It won't hurt him. Being effectively a level 31 monk hurts him plenty.

Svata
2014-08-03, 12:17 AM
If it is a set number, yes. If it is a variable, no.

j_spencer93
2014-08-03, 12:17 AM
Ok thank you. I forget what crits multiply at times.
Second one is the last ability of monk of the enabled hand, not a feat. Sorry if i did not clarify that, also his stats are pretty outrageous, so he can send a character flying with a bull rush pretty easy. Crushing Blow is out of Quintessential Monk 1 or 2, which actually has some pretty good stuff in them.

Khedrac
2014-08-03, 01:16 AM
The knockback damage from crushing blow - I don't think this would be multiplied by a crit as it is not damage dealt by the critical hit - it is damage taken from the knockback the crit caused...

j_spencer93
2014-08-03, 02:43 AM
Think you mean dragon tail slap right? Since that damage is caused by the bull rush, which takes place after the actual strike, then i agree no it does not crit. Crushing blows damage is static (no dice) and is dealt at the time of the blow, so i think it would multiply.

Khedrac
2014-08-03, 01:30 PM
Think you mean dragon tail slap right?I did indeed.