PDA

View Full Version : [PTU] To Be a Master - Bright Futures

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-03, 04:39 AM
Boutal is a small but incredibly busy port on the eastern coast of the region of Dunia. For the longest it and the few smaller surrounding villages have been your home, insulated by high mountains and hills on one side, and the ocean on the other. The more you learned, the greater your drive to see what was beyond those mountains grew. In time, each of you took the pokemon trainer exam and passed, earning you the right this year to be the towns junior representative trainers in the Pokemon League.

Today is the day of your sending off, and the town square is full of activity with you in the center. Friends and family dot on you before you get set off on an adventure, regular townsfolk drop by to reminisce about when they or their friends went on their journey, and you even hear a few of the towns professional trainers are in attendance despite being impossible to pick them out of a crowd of a couple hundred enthusiast who don't have their first journey ahead of them today.

Over the sound of an excitable crowd the tapping of a microphone is heard on ancient speakers. At a small wooden stage in the center stands the mayor, a tall and portly man of ebony skin wearing a dusty suit and a smile. In one had the mayor has the microphone, in the other he has a few white cards to hold up and read. Directly behind him is a table with eight pokeballs sitting on the table; new or old friends ready to be part of the ceremony of receiving your first pokemon. Beside him are the seats of several parents or mentor figures that will be handing them over.

"Friends! Today is a special day of celebration. Many times we've told the tale of the young men who leave their homes to become men, but today we send off our precious ones on their own journey of discovery, and there's no better send off than a good cheer!" His friendly and energetic manner is infectious to the crowd, as they all raise their glasses and voices to you. He waits but a moment for them to finish, delighting in his role. "From this day, our new trainers will be setting out to Ab-deb up in the mountains, and from there wherever their hearts lead them. They will have one year to travel Dunia, visit each of its honored gyms, and compete with all the other young trainers setting out with them on this day at the Pokemon League junior tournament. Each young one today is bright and full of energy, and I know they will represent us well in the year to come."

He turns his shoulder to cough, pausing just a moment as he flips between cards. "Now, if each if of our trainers will come up here one at a time to receive or have returned their first pokemon, so that we can all have a good look at you before you go."

One at a time he calls you by name, and you walk up to the stage to retrieve pokeball and pokedex.

"Tau!" A young boy in ragged clothes walks up on the stage, meeting an incredibly tall man who carries a spear on his back. The elder steps down to his knee to meet the boy face to face, speaking only to him. "Let this Ralts be your friend. I know that with him at your side, you shall find your way."

"Pitch!" A tall shaggy teenager steps onto the stage, looking maybe a bit fidgety with so many eyes upon him. One of the towns premier trainers and administer of trainer testing , Leia Reynaud, steps up to hand over his pokeball. "Just remember the one condition I let all that late paperwork through; I want to see you at the tournament. You've got too much potential not to."

"Jonah!" Scrawny, shifty kids seem to be all the rage this year with the third entry, but this one seems to have an air of confidence about him already; It's whispered he saved an Abra once. A man in Ranger Corps Uniform hands him a pokeball and salutes. "Show us proud son! Your mother and I will be watching all of your gym battles and rooting for you."

"Solomon!" The next teenager up seems like he's already been on an adventure of his own, wearing a straw hat and a guitar on his back. Leia steps up to the plate this time as well, returning a slightly worn pokeball. "She's all rested up and ready to go, I hope you are too. You might just be traveling again, but try to keep up a good trainer score while you do."

"Dio!" A 6'3 giant steps onto the stage; it's hard to believe he's just seventeen still. A family of four steps up to give him a hug and pass him a pokeball, and the thought in crowd is that he could probably suplex them all at once.

"Minda!" One of the few female trainers this year steps up to the plate, easily the youngest and smallest of the group. Leia picks up a nice pristine pokeball for her. "I never get to see girls your age with scores as high as yours, it's a real treat. I know you'll take good care of this little guy."

"Juno!" Another female steps up, this one standing with the older and scrawny crowd. Her mother stands opposite her, practically a mirror image with their dark skin and tough faces as Juno receives her pokemon. "You'll do good, I know it. Just don't get yourself hurt alright?"

Another name is called, and the crowd goes silent as nobody steps up. The mayor tries to laugh off the missing trainer. "Don't worry folks, sometimes the kids just sleep in a bit long. We'll be sure he's out on the road with his pokemon too."

With the seven of you onstage, the crowd claps and cheers. Even as they celebrate, you know they're already sizing you up and getting ready to place bets on your rankings. Leia and the Mayor guide you to their respective open-top cars, parading you slowly through the streets until reaching the end of town where the paved road becomes one-lane only and dirt collects on the side from all the foot traffic over the years. The crowd gives its last hurrahs as they wait for you to go forward.

Before you the road winds up into the rocky mountains, but even from here you can spy many a grassy plateau. It's quite a hike from here to Ab-deb, requiring a grueling but at least perfectly safe inclined hike up the road. There are plenty of small rest stops, camping areas, and even a few tiny villages on the three day walk. As trainers in the league ranking system, you know you'll be expected to accept challenges to battle and record them through your pokedex (or let the pokedex do it automatically for other league competitors), and that you'll want to explore along the way for pokemon to capture and train against to be ready for your first gym challenge in Ab-deb. While nobody ever said you had to stay together, travelling together or at least in tandem seems to be the best option; Not only do you get access to 6 other league trainers to challenge, train with, and improve your ranking, but it might help in a tight spot. Pokemon are friends, but an encounter with a starving pack of Poochyena might end poorly for a new trainer. Where you go and what you do now and who you do it with, perhaps for the first time, is truly in your hands.

OOC:

Start of the game! Go ahead and introduce your character during the ceremony, and even make a social roll if you try to impress or win over the crowd somehow (Charm to be cute and endearing, Intimidate to be a tough elite trainer), then decide where you're walking or what you might go off and do.

While I want to give all of you the freedom to choose what to do, I will be following a basic rule; you'll all be traveling the same routes (or about) and ending up in the same areas. This is just so that I don't have to make two separate games entirely. Being kids not immune to peer pressure of where the 'group' is heading, and competitors desiring to keep their rivals at hand, it makes at least a bit of logical sense apart from simply narrative sense.

I've also loosely mentioned a "ranking system", which really is just keep track of wins and losses.

alchaos
2014-08-03, 08:50 AM
Midna turned toward her fellow trainer and said at Dio: Hey mister, you look like the coolest person ever, wanna travel together? while tilting her head on her shoulder and looking cute as a button.

OCC

Charm roll
[roll0]

Arcran
2014-08-03, 11:26 AM
As Pitch crosses the stage, he frowns slightly. There were too many people here; too many people had seen his face. That was, frankly, not something that would help him in the long run. At least they didn't announce to the world what the starter was; that could have ruined everything.

Still, Pitch strides across the stage, left hand spinning his switchblade in his pocket, giving him more confidence than he had. Pitch loved the knife, loved it more than he loved anybody he could think of. Easy to hide, easy to stab with, the perfect weapon. He moves slowly, without any sort of dramatic flair, but every stride says how confident the Trainer is, how ready he is for his Pokemon journey. He nods softly at Leia's condition; that was the plan, anyways. How else will everybody know how capable he is?

Through the parade, Pitch is silent, ignoring the other trainers as they speak to him. They weren't worth his time. Instead, he fiddles with his Pokedex, making sure that there is an option to turn off the auto-recording. Not everything should be seen.

When they finally reach the dirt road, Pitch looks at his Pokeball, feels his knife within his pocket, and grins. With an easy flourish Pitch flicks the knife out, carving an "X" slowly and carefully into the red part of the Pokeball, clearly marking it.

Then, without a word, he sets out, making his way his way towards the path, looking for a secluded spot where he can "break in" his new Pokemon.

Intimidate as we cross the stage: [roll0]

Amaril
2014-08-03, 11:52 AM
Accepting the marble-sized Pokeball and pocketing it, Jonah squares his shoulders and salutes his father back, laughing. "Thanks, dad. I'll come back in one piece, I promise!" He leaves the stage with a spring in his step, already turning the Pokeball in his hand again, anxious to crack it open and meet the first of his new friends. All through the parade, it's all he can do to keep the device closed, but he forces himself to remember the control techniques he's practiced, and keeps his anticipation in check.
Finally, they reach the edge of town, and he steps down from the car, shouldering his hiking backpack. His eyes follow the dirt road as it continues upwards into the mountains. "Alright, let's see," he mutters to himself, reaching into his other pocket and withdrawing his Pokedex. "What are we gonna run into up there?"

Not sure if the Pokedex has any information about what kind of Pokemon live around Boutal--if not, Pokemon Education roll to remember on my own.

[roll0]

ImperialSunligh
2014-08-03, 05:00 PM
Tau receives the Ralts from the man and bows respectfully before turning to the crowd. With a goofy smile, he flexes his scarred muscles and poses, trying to act impressive.

He then looks at the pokedex and starts fiddling with it, but frowns as he finds it really confusing. He wasn't used to using computers. He would have to figure it out more while travelling.

He stares at some of the others, not sure how to begin to talk to them.

"So... Ab-deb, huh? I wonder what it's like over the mountains."

Intimidate: [roll0]

Boolprop
2014-08-03, 09:52 PM
Dio struts across the stage, not in arrogance or vanity, but with self-confidence. Self-confidence he have developed throughout the years; both before and after living in Dunia. Full of self-confidence and testosterone, Dio beamed a smile as he look unto the crowd.

His family greeted him upon the stage, performing a group hug. His parents dotting him, reminding him to take care of himself while he is out in the world. His little sister Sarah, clearly holds back a tear, sniffling as she wishes that he could stay home; before passing him a Pokeball. Grandpa Mundo, a burly old man in his late 60s and of the same body build of Dio, if not muscular, only holds out a hand, giving a firm handshake. No words were exchanged between the two, but the handshake itself convey all the words the old man needed to.

As the last announcement is made, Dio asks for the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of Boutal. I am Dio Mundo! Remember my name and those of us who stand here, we'll show Dunia and to the rest of the world, what we are capable off. We'll make you proud!" He then passes the microphone back to the mayor, grinning.

Approached by Midna, Dio blinks twice before he kneels down to eye level, "You're Minda right? I'm Dio, Dio Mundo. It's a pleasure to meet you." Dio looks at Minda as she batters him with her cuteness. She's a cute kid, reminds me a bit of Sarah Beaming a confident smile, he answers her question. "I don't see why not, the more, the merrier... Now I I wonder what is between us and Ab-deb."

Dice Rolls
Charming the crowd during both his walk and announcement: [roll0]
Fiddling with the Pokedex to find out what Pokemon are around, towards Ab-deb: [roll1]

alchaos
2014-08-03, 10:28 PM
Midna looked annoyed all of a sudden and she said while stomping her foot.''It's Midna,M-I-D-N-A. I don't think my name that's hard to remember right? As for what is waiting for us....'' And then she started describing what was waiting for them.

OOC:

Describing the next step in their journey. Education (General) 3d6+4. See OOC Thread for Roll.

Dudeons
2014-08-03, 11:28 PM
Solomon calmly walks onto the stage, looking as though the audience was barely there. He was used to having a crowd during his performances, and stage fright was never a thing for him. He takes the Pokeball from the administer lady, hearing her advice about keeping up his 'trainer score'. He didn't care much for fighting people, but he thinks he might try it at some point.

"Alright," Solomon says to her, "I'll see what Breeze thinks."

Solomon lets Breeze out of her ball, letting the little Hoppip jump onto his head. Solomon never liked keeping Breeze in a ball like that, not when she enjoyed drifting on the open wind. Solomon gives an innocent grin towards the audience as he tips his straw hat towards them, Breeze hopping down into his arms, snuggling against Solomon and happy for their reunion. Solomon strokes her, feeling happy as the trainers load into cars. He smiles at the mass of people surrounding them as they move along; he always enjoyed performances when lots of people came by. He gets out with the other trainers, Breeze hopping into the air and perching on his hat.

Solomon looks about casually to see what the others are doing. He sees one guy, Pitch, scratch something on his Pokeball and wander away. "Must be shy," Solomon thinks. One girl, Midna, is talking about grouping up with one big guy named Dio. Solomon has been around these parts, but beyond the mountains would be fairly new to him. He reaches for the Pokedex he got, but he doesn't like relying on computers for information, so he withdraws his hand. While he's happy to wander on his own, he thought that having a little company could be nice. He goes over to Midna and Dio, smiling lightly.

"Hi!" he says, "I'm Solomon. Mind if I join you?"

Making a roll to see what the audience thinks of his blithe charm. [roll0]
Not rolling Charm like Midna did, given Solomon's 'take it or leave it' approach; he doesn't care if he has to go alone, but joining a group was more of a casual thought.

alchaos
2014-08-04, 07:01 AM
While the crowd was laughing at the display Midna was putting on, talking to Dio.
She heard someone talking to her and turned around to see whom.
He seemed like a very laid back guy.

''''Sure you can come with us and my name Midna,M-I-D-N-A.Wait you got it right.Sorry.''

She seemed sheepish and was rubbing the back of her neck while apoligizing.

''Sorry about that outburst,can he come with us mister Dio?''

She was giving him the puppy eye while asking.

OOC

Charm again [roll0]

Boolprop
2014-08-04, 12:47 PM
Dio chuckles softy at the outburst, "Ahh, I'm sorry Midna. I wont make that mistake again."

Upon another's voice speaking up, Dio turns towards the newcomer. Listening and already deciding, before Midna gives him the puppy eye look, though whatever it if it influenced his thoughts or not, he didn't show. "Sure you may come with us. Plus it'll be safer for new trainers to travel in groups." Dio then offers a hand to Solomon, "Nice to meet you Solomon. I'm Dio." Looking up, "And you must be Solomon's Pokemon," Dio speaks to the Hoppip.

Reaching for his own Pokeball, Dio lets out his starting Pokemon. Materializing from the energy, and landing into Dio's arms, an Elekid appears. "Hello Elekid I am Dio, Dio Mundo. And starting today we will be traveling together." Dio smiles as he spins around to introduce his new friend to his new friends. "She is Midna, and he is Solomon."

The Elekid nods at Dio before jumping out of his arm, gracefully landing onto the ground; offering it's hand to Midna, and then Solomon, a small spark dances between it's plug-like horns. Laughing heartily, Dio kneels down to the Elekid. "I've thought about this for a while now, and I've decided on your name." Offering the Elekid his hand, "Summanus, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you'll like it." The Elekid, looks at Dio first, observing it's trainer's intention, before nodding in acceptance and takes the offered handshake.

alchaos
2014-08-04, 03:34 PM
Midna took out her pokeball and also released her riolu.

''Omega,these two gentleman are going to be our traveling compagnon.The big guy is Dio and the one with the hat is Solomon.''

''Solomon,Dio this is my compagnion Omega.''

Omega inclined his head to salute them.

Dudeons
2014-08-04, 09:33 PM
Solomon watches Dio and Midna release and introduce their Pokemon, Summanus and Omega. Solomon felt he should return the favor. He pulls his hat down over his eyes, displaying his Hoppip.

"This is Breeze," Solomon says, "Breeze, I'm sure you know who these four are.

Breeze chirps happily on top of Solomon's hat. Solomon adjusts his hat back to it's normal positioning, its shade cast over his eyes and allowing him to peer out into the distance. He's looking forward to seeing what's out there for them. Solomon turns back to his group.

"So, when are we going?" Solomon asks, "Are we going to get some more people in our group, or what?"

Although Solomon is calm in his tone and his actions, it's very clear that he wants to get going.

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-04, 10:57 PM
During your brief period on stage, the crowd seems a bit enthralled by the brashness of Pitch, Solomon, and even Tau. Dio receives a polite clap form the audience and a cheer, but they're easily distracted with the other three options presented to them. Midna too wins them over with just before they part with the batting of her eyes at the significantly taller Dio. A few trumpets from the band give a final fanfare as they retreat to town and leave you to your own devices.

Dio and Jonah both search their pokedexs for information, poking at the touchscreens little book icons to pull up some relevant information. Bugs and butterfly pokemon in particular inhabit the region, most notably Butterfree and Beautifly. These are predated on by by bird pokemon like Pidgey, Spearow, and Ducklett who happen to be flying through to their winter home. Higher up in the food chain sit Poocheyna who keep to packs. Higher in the mountains are Sandshrew and Onyx, as well as small scatterings of Fire and Fighting types.

Midna, congregating with Solomon and Dio as they all let their pokemon say hello, explains what to expect between here and Ab-deb. There is one village on the way two-days in to the journey that has a small pokecenter, some farms, and is a good place to resupply before the final day of the journey; this means at least one day camping at one of the rest stops along the way. While most of the journey is uphill, the only difficult slope is on that final stretch, likely to leave most people a bit winded. A quicker path stretches high up into the mountain, and is likely to encounter more dangerous pokemon, but would be less physically exerting; other travelers without strong pokemon avoid this road. Along the way, after each upward slope, are large plateaus full of tall grass, filled with the local pokemon. Local pokemon are known for not making any distinction from the wilds and human-claimed areas of roads and parks, and may even attack travelers who stick to the roads if desperate enough.

--------------------------

Pitch sets off on his own, sliding through the options menu of the pokedex, turning off "Auto-Connect" and "Check-in". With those off, battles with other junior league trainers will not automatically affect your ranking, or give away your location and travels when you reach pokecenters.

Pitch goes up the first incline, following the road until it evens out, tall grass on either side. He breaks off immediately into it to search for a challenge. It doesn't take much to hear the rustling up ahead, immediately spotting a Sandslash sitting in a small dusty are of recently cut grass. It seems to be swiping its foot long claws at a few rocks, passively passing them back and forward and chittering rather happily at its choice of amusement. It hasn't noticed Pitch just yet.

Arcran
2014-08-04, 11:06 PM
Pitch has no interest in the Sandslash, at least not yet. What he needed was a place to introduce himself to the new Charmander, not kill it. Without a second thought the Trainer turns and walks from the clearing, seeking one that isn't already occupied. Maybe he would attempt a Sandslash later, but now? He didn't want to kill his new Pokemon just yet, especially before he has made his introductions.

Amaril
2014-08-04, 11:10 PM
Looking through his 'dex, Jonah somewhat regrets having brought so few extra Pokeballs. Damn, didn't expect so much great stuff...have to make every try count, I guess.
Closing the screen cover and returning the device to his pocket, he looks up to notices his three peers introducing their Pokemon. Listening in for a moment, it seems they're planning to make the trip together. Waiting for a convenient break in the girl's description of the route (he searches for her name...Midna, yeah, that's her), he approaches the group and waves. "Hey, I don't suppose you guys have room for one more? I could use the company, and your Pokemon seem pretty cool."

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-04, 11:25 PM
Wisely stepping away, finding another clearing to be alone in isn't too hard for Pitch; plenty of bare patches dot the grassy area, providing little areas of privacy like the Sandslashes play area. Far enough from the road not to be disturbed, and the only other creature nearby readily distracted, there's plenty of space to say hello.

Arcran
2014-08-04, 11:43 PM
With a wide grin Pitch pulls out both the Pokeball and his switchblade, releasing the Charmander with an easy press of his finger. As the Charmander begins to form on the ground, Pitch quickly steps out a foot, placing it right next to the tail flame of the Charmander, its very lifeblood, threatening to crush it into the sand, extinguishing it forever, ignoring whatever cry of pain the Charmander makes.

"Good morning," Pitch begins, switchblade hovering in front of the Charmander's face. "It hurts, doesn't it?" he says, a sadistic grin on his face. "You know that you could hurt me, hurt me badly, but where would that leave you? Dead? Dying?" Pitch says, his eyes burning almost as brightly as the tail of the Charmander.

"If you were faster, if you were stronger, perhaps you could move before I could. But how would we know? Would the risk be worth it? Am I going to kill you right now?" Pitch says, the question lingering in the air.

"You and I both know the answer to that is no. You were far too expensive to just kill like some common Pidgey. No, we both know how much you're worth. You're a living weapon, at least someday. Assuming you live that long, that is," Pitch says ominously, his grin twisting ever further.

"Let me make you an offer. You're weak right now. I can make you strong, stronger than any Pokemon that will get in our path. All you have to do is aid me, do as I say and you will be stronger than you could ever fathom. You will be a great dragon, flying through the skies, pouring fire and blood into the path of those that stand against us. You and I will be family, no, closer than family. We will be partners, brothers, father and son, all at once."

"Or you can leave now and go off into the wilderness, right now, and never see me again. It's your choice. Aid me and become stronger than you can dream of? Or go off alone, trusting only your own instincts to guide you in this wilderness and earning your strength on your own."

"The choice is yours," Pitch says, lifting his foot off the tail and flipping the knife away with a flourish, eyes watching the Charmander intently.

Boolprop
2014-08-04, 11:57 PM
A soft whistle escapes Dio's mouth "You sure know a lot, well more than me." Dio laughs heartily, then addressing the group "I'm glad to journey together with you all." Grinning, Dio nods at Omega and Breeze, "It is nice to meet you Omega, Breeze." Summanus stands in front of Omega, studying him with a glare, before receding the glare, smiles, salutes Omega and then places an arm over the Riolu's shoulder, as if they were long time bros.

Looking up, Dio sees a scrawny looking boy approaching the group, waving. "You're Jonah right? I heard you've saved an Abra once, that's a cool deed." Dio places both hands on the back of his neck, nodding at Jonah's requests. "I'm fine with you joining, how about you guys?"

alchaos
2014-08-05, 06:57 AM
Midna looked at Jonah and he seemed alright.

''Sure, you can come with us, the more,the merrier.''
''I'm Midna and this is Omega.''
''You really saved an Abra? I don't like human psychic much but pokemon are alright.You're a nice guy.''
''So what's your speciality?''

She seemed curious and was looking him right in the eyes.

Amaril
2014-08-05, 12:02 PM
Jonah is a little unnerved by Midna's scrutiny, but answers with a chuckle nonetheless. "Uh, well, you pretty much got it with the psychic thing--if we run into any Pokemon that are telepathic, I can communicate with them, maybe convince them to be a little friendlier. Also, I can give commands to my team in battles that way, so the other guy won't know what to expect. Oh, speaking of which..." Remembering his still unopened Pokeball, he fishes out the device and taps the button, expanding it to its full baseball size. Aiming it down at his feet, he activates it and releases his new companion. To his mild surprise and great excitement, the cloud of glowing energy forms into the familiar shape of another Abra, just like he'd hoped for. Kneeling down in front of it, he raises his hand to his right temple and cautiously reaches out to it. Hey buddy...I'm Jonah, and I'm gonna be your trainer now. How's that sound?

alchaos
2014-08-05, 12:55 PM
''So you're a psychic? You seem like a nice person, so you get ONE free pass. Don't betray my trust ok?''

She seemed very intense, while talking and had an almost doll-like expression and voice. Then she was all smile again, almost like a different person.

ImperialSunligh
2014-08-05, 06:11 PM
Finished with the pokedex for now, Tau raises the poke ball and releases it, causing a strange pokemon to appear, pale and human-shaped. Tau crouches down to be level with the Ralts.

"I'm going to be your trainer, ok? I'll call you Sipho. It means gift, because that's what you were. Someday we're going to defeat the... Pokemon League, I think it was. And then we'll have lots of friends."

He smiles and ruffles the pokemon's green "hair".

He then stares at the group of trainers beginning to form nearby for a while, before setting off by himself with Sipho in tow.

Once out of sight of the group, he tries to follow them without being detected.

Stealth: [roll0]

Dudeons
2014-08-05, 07:05 PM
Solomon turns towards the new voice. It was one of the boys, Jonah, and he had an Abra with him. He also claimed to be some sort of telepath. Solomon had heard of such things in his travels, but hadn't actually met one. He figured that having one with them could be helpful.

"I don't see why not," Solomon says.

Boolprop
2014-08-05, 11:37 PM
A telepath huh? Can't say I ever met one before. Dio thoughts, then smiles at Jonah. "Looks like everyone agrees, welcome Jonah. Not to be rude, but please don't be reading my mind all willy nilly ok?" Dio then claps his hands together, "If this is everyone, I guess we can start heading off. Unless anyone wants to train with their Pokemon first or have a mock battle? Though I'm not sure if the PokeCenter is up and running right now."

Looking around, Dio couldn't spot Pitch, whom have already left, but sees Tau walking away, with Juno who seems to absently stands alone.

Perception check to see if there is a PokeCenter and/or it is open: [roll0]

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-06, 02:51 AM
The charmander under Pitchs heel cowers, growling in pain as he twists his tail to try to loosen it, but not to any avail. He pays close attention as he's given his choices, looking first out into the tall grass, shivering as he hears noises out in the wild, pondering his chances before looking back up at the intimidating figure that let his tail free. The devil he knows wins over the one he does not as he toughens up his expression, straightening up and nodding at his trainer, ready to follow.

------------

A much happier gathering still takes place down at the base of the road, the few pokemon let out exchanging playful noises to each other while their trainers decide on a course of action. At the speed of thought, Jonahs Abra conveys back a feeling of eager anticipation as it raises it's hand to it's head in playful imitation of its trainer, "A human with such talent will make a fine companion... and perhaps a good trainer too.. The Abra shares a glance with Tau's Ralts, who seems to be looking in quite good spirits before the two walk away.

Dio searches his brain, and recalls that there was infact a pokemon center in town, and it usually opens early. If nobody wishes to battle (or officially challenges another), then the open road awaits.

alchaos
2014-08-06, 07:03 AM
''Let's get this show on the road then.''

Midna seemed ready for departure and was rechecking her bag, to be sure that everything for the journey was there.

Arcran
2014-08-06, 08:40 AM
Pitch smirks as the Charmander chooses correctly. He never would have let it leave.

"Good choice," Pitch says, bending down to pick up a rock. With a quick turn of his hips Pitch pivots, flinging the rock at the Charmander, the small Pokemon crying out as the stone connects.

"You'll dodge the next one," Pitch commands, picking up three more stones. With a flick of his wrist he sends another at the Charmander.

Thirty Minutes Later

The stone spins through the air, intent on striking the Charmander. It gets closer and closer until, in a bilurst of flame, it is knocked away harmlessly.

Pitch slowly begins to clap, a wide grin on his face.

"Three in a row! You know what that means," Pitch says, sitting next to the Charmander. "It means you're done. And you're ready. Not even an hour with me and you're stronger for it. I'm a man of my word, no?"

With a wolfish grin, Pitch reaches over to rub the head of the Charmander, giving it a quick, encouraging pat if it allows it.

"For now, your name is Lighter. A tool, like a shovel or a power outlet which, while useful, is nothing more than that. When you prove yourself more than a tool you'll earn a real name and not a moment before, understand?"

Pitch's eyes are black pits as they stare at the Charmander.

"You have a chance to prove yourself right now. Get up," the Trainer commands, hopping to his feet. "We have a Sandslash to hunt."

Confident that the Charmander won't balk at the challenge, Pitch sets off for the clearing from before.

Training Lighter for 30 minutes! Lighter gains 5 EXP.
Applying Brutal Training to Lighter.
Applying Ace Trainer (Special Attack) to Charmander.

Returning to the earlier clearing and scoping it out from the side.

gearHead
2014-08-06, 10:02 PM
Juno groaned in embarrassment, ducking away as her mother ruffled her hair. "Moooooom, not in public..." Her mother grinned and pulled her in for a proper hug, which the teen reluctantly returned. "I'll be fine, Mom... not like you to worry." She stuck her tongue out as she pulled away, and the senior Matthews chuckled wryly.

"I know, kid, I know. But you forget to call Mother Dearest once in a while, I'm hunting you down and dragging you home. Gotta keep track of how much butt you're kicking so I can brag to the other parents!" The two high-fived, then parted as Juno made her way towards the cars, eager to get out from under the uncomfortable scrutiny of the crowd.

Once they reached the edge of town, Juno released her Pokemon; a small squid-like creature appeared, giving a surprised squeal and pressing against her back, seeming to vanish as it blended in with her hoodie. "One of these days you gotta grow a spine, Drifter!" she laughed at the Inkay, reaching back to give it a reassuring pat. Juno kept pace a bit of a ways behind the larger group of kids, not quite intentionally, though she was for the moment uninterested in socializing - she was occupied fiddling with her Pokedex. "Wonder if I can download any games for this thing..."

Perception [roll0] to see if she notices Tau, or anything else interesting nearby.

Amaril
2014-08-06, 10:11 PM
Jonah grins physically at his Abra's returned thought, knowing the psychic signal accompanying the expression will mean more to the Pokemon. Awesome! Uh, I don't know if you have a name, or if that's a human thing, but if there's anything you want me to call you, just let me know. Rising again, he holds out the Pokeball and activates it once more--his new friend vanishes back into his cloud of glowing energy and is pulled inside the device before it closes and shrinks back to marble size. Returning it to his pocket, Jonah turns back towards the group. "Okay, I'm ready when you are. Onward, to excitement and adventure!" He punctuates the proclamation by striking a goofy pose before shouldering his backpack again, ready to set off with the others.

If Abra has any name preference, he has time to say so before I put him back in the ball--he communicates at the speed of thought, after all.

Boolprop
2014-08-06, 10:31 PM
Seeing as everyone have finish their introductions and decided to set off, Dio quickly check and double check his belongings; making sure he isn't missing anything for the journey ahead. "Seems we're all in agreement. Alright ladies and gents it's time to head off." Grinning and looking forward at the journey ahead. He softly laughs with amusement at Johan's goofy pose, then strikes one of his own.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140510085542/jjba/images/4/43/JosephJoestar123.png

Dudeons
2014-08-06, 11:03 PM
As Jonah and Dio make their heroic poses, Solomon simply laughs a bit and swings his guitar around.

"Let's get this show on the road," Solomon says. He idly strums his guitar, eventually kicking up a jaunty tune as they walk the path. Breeze croons on top of his hat, humming along with his playing. Solomon smiles. Breeze always loved it when he played his guitar. He stays towards the back as he plays, taking his time to enjoy the scenery as the group moves forward.

Making a Perception check, in case there's any interesting scenery as we travel. And yes, I'm not going to see Tau; Solomon is just too oblivious for that.

By the way, I found an image that seems to work surprisingly well for Solomon's general appearance. Just in case anyone was interested.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110820142948/black-butler/de/images/3/36/Finnian_Profilbild.jpg

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-07, 03:30 AM
Though Lighter certainly did not enjoy the experience, he seems rather determined to beat the simple task, and even a bit eager and excited at your approval of it.

Returning to the clearing is simple, but over the past half an hour it seems the Sandslash has wondered off, though not without considerable damage in its wake. Tracking it would be the simplest of things. Something seems odd in the air as you proceed. Every breath you take you detect a subtle hint of something faint, and your eyes water once; It's a smell either very unimportant, or very far away.

OOC:

Looking for a Survival Check, DC 5, to track the Sandslash.
Poke:Edu, DC 10, to identify what could be making that sort of smell.

-------

The abra takes a moment to look at Jonah, offering up a more abstract thought pattern in response to such a simple question. It seems to have scrutinized the thought quickly, but if you had to tell someone else what it said, you'd only be able to translate "I am Myself" and "I don't know / I'm uncertain" with a deeply philosophical angle. By the time it returns to its pokeball, it's still making mountains of molehills.

Within short order a few silly poses, Jonah, Solomon, Dio and Midna set forward. Though Tau keeps just out of sight, tailing the four of them, not a one seems to notice as they exchange small talk and carry on their way. Things are jovial and full of high spirits for quite some time until about a mile down the road when a loud shout is heard up ahead, accompanied by an awful stench that brings your eyes to tear up. A kid not much older or taller than Midna starts running into your view, huffing and panting as he jogs up to you, holding his nose.

"Don't... huff... Don't go that way! There's a whole pack of Stunky that way blocking off the road. I... I was just out collecting a couple butterflies, and they just sprung out of nowhere while I was checking my catch. I'd like, make a mile wide detour if I was you." He stays put for a bit, hands on his knees just trying to catch his breath from his sprint.

-----------

Juno browses through her pokedex application downloader; thankfully it's still in range of the town to get a proper download signal! It's got all the top hits ready for download like "Angry Pidgey", "Flabebe' Dream Dress-up", "Hungry Sharpedo" and "Wonder Fighters: The Movie: The Game". Downloading and playing a single one is enough to relieve boredom, and makes walking easy, even if at a slower pace. Game-time is interrupted when a scream is heard up ahead, and you spy the group of trainers from before in the distance talking to some other kid.

Arcran
2014-08-07, 08:20 AM
Pitch smirks as he looks at the trail the Sandslash has carved out.

"This way," he states, hoping he's up to the task of hunting down the powerful Pokemon. "Stay close and stay quite."

As he does so, Pitch wonders about the smell, blinking back his tears. Was there a corpse nearby?

Survival: [roll0]
Pokemon Education: [roll1]

alchaos
2014-08-07, 09:22 AM
''I know how to make repel if we want pass that way.But we would need to go back into town for the material.And i'm not sure if stunky are resistant to repel.''

On the last word, Midna tried to remember what she knows about stunky with the help of her pokedex.

OCC

Knowledge (Pokemon) [roll0]

Amaril
2014-08-07, 11:28 AM
Gagging slightly, Jonah covers his mouth and nose with his sleeve to avoid breathing the foul smell. "I say let's not bother--even if we had one, we'd still have to walk through this.. Let's just go off the path. Anything shows up, it'll be good practice, and maybe worth catching, too."

Boolprop
2014-08-07, 12:16 PM
Dio's noise cringes, blinking back his tears. "As much as Jonah's plan sounds best, I believe we could at least investigate why the Stunky are releasing this foul small." Dio then covers his mouth and nose with a handkerchief, to avoid breathing in the foul smell any longer. "Of course if we're to investigate, the repel can prove useful." Dio then catch's Jonah eyes while continuing, "And if we do, you can use that telepathy of yours to find out why."

Waiting for the boy to catch his breath, Dio then asks if the kid, were able to count how many Stunky were there.

Dio looks to check the direction the boy ran from, and to get the general whereabouts where the Stunky are at from their smell. Perception Check: [roll0]
Forgot to state that Dio would have recall his Elekid before my post earlier, before the group statrt heading out.

Dudeons
2014-08-07, 01:13 PM
As the group travels, even Solomon notices the foul scent. He stops strumming his guitar and pulls his hat down over his mouth and nose. Breeze hops off, indignant at being displaced from her perch. Breeze floats back to Solomon's head. Solomon laughs as he feels her feet rooting into his hair.

"Well," Solomon says, his voice muffled by the hat over his face, "I don't think following the scent is a good idea. Going around couldn't get us into anything worse than those."

gearHead
2014-08-07, 08:23 PM
"Oh dude, Wonder Fighters! Don't have this one yet... heard there's a secret character you can unlock in the mobile version." Juno kept enough attention on the road not to trip over anything, trusting Drifter for the moment to watch her back. The commotion up ahead began distracting her, however, and with the other kids at a standstill in debate it wasn't long before she caught up. The reason for their uncertainty was immediately obvious, and Juno got into hearing distance just in time for Dio to mention the Stunky. "Hey guys, uh..." She'd seen a couple of them around town before, but only knew them in passing; most of her small circle of friends weren't as interested in Pokemon as she was. Fortunately, she still remembered all their names from the earlier introductions. "If you want, me an' Drifter can sneak ahead a bit, scope the road out without catching any flak?" She ducked her head a bit, avoiding eye contact. "We're, uh... pretty good at getting around unnoticed..." As if to reinforce her claim, Drifter suddenly faded into visibility over her shoulder, the Inkay clinging to her nervously.

Amaril
2014-08-07, 08:28 PM
Jonah hardly notices the girl approaching until she's right next to the group. Startled at her arrival, he jumps a bit as he turns to regard her. "Oh, hey...Juno, right? I feel like I've seen you before..." He listens to her outline her offer. "Well, if you want to walk through this reek, by my guest. Actually, it'd be nice to have your opinion--Midna and Dio want to go back to town so she can get stuff to make Repels for the Stunky, Solomon and I want to just go around, so we need a tie-breaker vote."

gearHead
2014-08-07, 09:31 PM
"Yup, that's me." Juno scratched idly at her chin as Jonah elaborated on the situation, pocketing her Pokedex. "Well, we're not that far from town yet, so wouldn't take too long to double back... probably not much longer than detouring all the way around this stink, I bet. I'm raring to see what's further ahead myself... but on the other hand I'm actually kinda curious about what's got these skunks riled up, y'know? Uh... how much do you guys care about sticking together? I mean, we're all gonna end up in the same place." She seemed a little flustered about suddenly having the group's decision rest on her opinion.

ImperialSunligh
2014-08-09, 09:00 AM
"Stunky, eh?", Tau thinks, "I wonder what kind of pokemon that is... Well, I can't come out of hiding just yet. I don't know how to introduce myself to these strange people right now... I'll see if they need help first."

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-09, 10:38 PM
Pitch stalks through the grass, the cut blades softening his footfalls as he traces the whereabouts of the Sandslash. Though the grass plain has trees spread here and there, the trail leads to a small collection of about a dozen trees. The grass is shorter under their shade, and the Sandslash stands at the base of one of the trees, scratching away at their bark. While it's attention hasn't diverted, about fifty feet of open ground stand between you and it; stepping out would almost certainly draw its attention.

OOC:

Stealth if you want to approach stealthily, otherwise it'll be action time. DC of [roll0]
Perception if you want to identify anything else in the area. DC of [roll1]

----------------

The group shuffles about a bit as they consider their options. Just going around seems the simplest solution, but without knowing their range or territory, you risk running into the Stunky and anything else hanging out in the grass, including whatever has driven them into your way. Making some repels seems like a decent way to fight fire with fire, but adding an extra hour on to your journey to head to town and back makes it harder to find a public camping spot later on.

The kid seems to have caught his breath and takes a step out of the coversation, only to interrupt by pointing out another traveler heading your way. You make out a giant messy beard and a baseball cap of an older man, who seems to be lugging a backpack three times his own size. By the time he gets close he waves off to you to get your attention. "Greetings, Morning, Hello! Johnny C., traveling salesman at your service; I visit everywhere at least once. Anything I might sell to you this fine day? Spare pokeballs (well refurbished), some bandages for any scraps or bruises, even some hats! Yessir I got a lot of stuff!" He says, quite eager to see if anyone bites.

"Hrm, you lot look like trainers though... If you happen to have a Vivillon extra to spare, I'll give you a good $700 credit! How about it?"

Edit
OOC:

Dio's perception isn't enough to notice much more than the Stunky are likely "dead ahead" down the road. The kid isn't able to provide much in the way of numbers, having ran.

Arcran
2014-08-09, 11:01 PM
Pitch smirks on the outskirts of the clearing, dragging a finger across the Pokeball, his long fingernail tracing the "X" he had carved into the ball so much earlier.

"You better not die you expensive bastard," Pitch mutters, his switchblade held loosely in his left hand.

In one rapid motion Pitch flings the Pokeball out, watching as the Charmander emerges in a beam of light.

"Burn it!" the trainer screams, staring with pure hate towards the Sandslash. "Show it the strength of the dragon!"

The Charmander staggers after the sudden release, gaining its bearings before it hears the screech. A blue ring appears around the maw of the Charmander before blasting outwards, heading straight towards the enemy.

Pitch Shift Action: Release Lighter 6 meters away.
Pitch Standard Action: Brutal Training

Lighter Shift: Shift to exactly 8 meters away.
Lighter Standard: Lighter uses Dragon Pulse!

AC 2: [roll0](Using one AP to boost the AC by one). Crits on 18-20 due to double Brutal Training.
Damage (Dragon, Special): [roll1]

Lighter

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-09, 11:42 PM
The Sandslash is drawn to attention at the sound of Pitchs voice. In a flurry of action he swipes his claws at the air, shooting a bony dart that flies through the blue ring of energy heading at him and directly into Lighters chest as Sandslash is shoved back a foot on impact. Sandslash keeps his distance though, through up a pile of dirt and sand directly at Lighters paling face.

OOC:

As rolled in the IC thread

Surprise: Pitch Releases Lighter, uses Brutal Training order

Round 1
Sandslash has the higher speed (11 to 10 and 7)
Sandslash uses poison sting. AC 2+2 (1d20)[20], damage (1d6+21)[24] special (31 avg crit), and charmander is now poisoned (special def down 2 stages, 1/8th health per standard action lost at end of turn.)
Pitchs Turn (order sustains)
Charmander uses Dragon Pulse, does 39-9 (30 total)
Charmander takes 1/8th HP as damage from poison

Round 2
Sandslash is still faster
Sandslash uses Sand Attack, AC 2+2 (1d20)[5], target is blinded until next turn (-6 to accuracy)
Pitchs Turn
Charmanders turn

Arcran
2014-08-09, 11:54 PM
Most trainers would wince as they watch their Pokemon get impacted with a bony dart. Pitch? He simply grins all the wider, even as the blow nearly knocks the Charmander to the ground, the tail flame dimming dangerously. When the Sandslash closes, spraying dirt into the face of the Charmander Pitch frowns.

"Ignore it!" Pitch shouts, knowing the futility of the words. "Just focus on burning the damn thing!"

Lighter turns towards the Sandslash, Pitch's shouts removing some of the panic (at least the panic towards the Sandslash) and allowing it to fire a jet of flame at the Sandlash.

Pitch quickly rips an empty Pokeball from his belt, feeling it grow to full size even as Lighter fires a new blast of flame. While he wanted the Charmander to beat the Sandlash, capturing the bladed wonder would be far more useful in the long run.

And so, without a word, Pitch flings the Pokeball past the Charmander, hoping it connects with the Sandslash and ends the fight for good.

Pitch: 48/48 HP
Lighter: 13/44 HP

Pitch delays until after Lighter

Lighter Shift: Move to be 4 meter away from Sandslash, towards Pitch.
Lighter Standard: Lighter uses Ember!
AC 2: [roll0] Burns 17+, Crits 19+
EDIT: That's a 17 on the natural roll; Burns the Sandslash, although that really doesn't matter now, does it? :smallamused:

Pitch shifts into Pokeball range!
Pitch uses Pokeball!
AC 6: [roll1] (Boosting with AP)
Capture Check: [roll2]

gearHead
2014-08-10, 12:31 AM
"Vivillon?" If Juno remembered correctly it was some sort of bug-type, but she didn't bother whipping out her Pokedex again. "Sorry, we all just started out as trainers like an hour ago, I don't think any of us has caught anything new yet. But, dude, got any repels? That'd make this a whole lot easier." She scratched her chin, eyes narrowing as she considered the possibilities. "Actually, tell you what... I bet you're just as eager to keep moving as we are, yeah? Seem's there's a mess of Stunky blocking the road up ahead - sure you can smell it from here. If you got 'em, you give us a couple Repels - or at least discount 'em - and we'll be the ones to take the risks and clear them out. Everybody wins."

Guile [roll0] to convince the salesdude that's a great idea!

alchaos
2014-08-10, 08:12 AM
''Pretty please mister.''

Said Midna,giving him the classical puppy eye.

OCC

Charm [roll0]

Boolprop
2014-08-10, 08:40 PM
"Well, I think we ought to see what are causing the Stunky behave like that."

Turning to Juno "You're Juno right? What you're suggesting can help us a lot. Doubt I can be as stealthy as you." Dio stands upright, showing how it might be a be harder for him to sneak around with his large body frame. "I don't mind if you stick with us, it's probably better that way for now. Seeing as how the Stunky are all riled up. Who knows what other Pokemon are behaving the same way."

Agreeing with Juno when she explains to the traveling merchant, Dio chimes in "I agree with Juno, if we help each other, we'll be able to get to the public camping spot quicker, rather than taking a detour. Then you'll be able to sell your other wares sooner." Dio beams a confidant smile at Johnny C.

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-11, 07:29 PM
Johnny C. gives a good hard chuckle that shakes his beard. "Well, I've never made a profit by just giving away a sale! Hard enough keeping in the black ya' know." He takes one glance down at Midnas cutesy act and melts. "But well... You kids do bring up a good point; sorta heading the same direction aren't we? Tell you what then, let's make a deal. You are new trainers but I'm certain a couple butterflies won't be any trouble for you to find at all in the end. I'll give you each a repel now, and along the way you each catch me a Butterfree, Vivillon, or something pretty a girl would like, and I'll still give you credit when you do."

He twists and turns to take off his massive pack and lay it on the ground, opening up one of the pockets and pulling out some simple plastic spray bottles loaded with the repel formula, and distributes them. "If we don't happen to stick together since I'm such a slow walker, I'll end up at the campsite by tonight. You won't be able to miss it if you stick to the road, or climb a tree."

-------
The pokeball flies through the air, bonking the Sandslash in the face as it lowers its claws to try to protect itself from the flames. Burnt and tired, it doesn't seem to have time to consider much before the pokeball turns it to energy and drops to the ground, not even shaking once in struggle before the light dings; It's captured.

Lighter doesn't seem to be in good condition, as it takes its moment of victory to pluck the boney dart from it's chest; it's color is drained and he pants heavily, obviously suffering from poisoning.

OOC:

Pitch Gains 1 trainer XP, and 80 pokemon XP (high risk encounter)
Pitch Gains a Sandslash: Lvl 20, Distracted Nature (+HP, -Def), Abilities of Sand Veil and Quick Curl, Knows: Fury Swipes, Swift, Poison Sting, Rapid Spin, Magnitude, Sand Attack.
Don't forget to roll damage for ember to see how injured it was (9 Sp Def at the time)

Counter Barter: Guile [roll0]
Midnas charm is enough to sway Johnny C.

Amaril
2014-08-11, 08:05 PM
Jonah grins and inclines his head as he accepts the Repel from the salesman. "Thanks, mister! You're really helping us out, here. We'll catch you some good ones, count on it." Over his shoulder, he flashes Midna and Juno a quick thumbs-up, mouthing "nice going" before stepping aside to let the others accept their items.

Arcran
2014-08-11, 08:51 PM
Pitch can't help but let out a sigh of relief as the Sandslash is absorbed into the ball. While he'd never admit it, fighting that thing in melee combat had been just about the last thing Pitch wanted to be forced to do. Another hit would have laid out Lighter, leaving only Pitch and the beast.

As Lighter begins to swoon, Pitch dashes over, an Antidote appearing in his hand which he uncerimoniously plunges into the side of the Charmander, breathing a sigh of relief as the color of the beast instantly begins to return.

And then Pitch begins to laugh, lying on the ground next to his Charmander, a wide grin on his face.

"You did it Hephaestus," Pitch mutters, watching as the Charmander looks at him, dazed by its injuries and somewhat confused.

"You heard me. Lighter was the name of the Charmander that I had just bought. Hephaestus is the name for the Charmander that just faced down a Sandshrew and won. Hephaestus is the name for a member of my family. Hephaestus is the name of a dragon," Pitch says, watching the Charmander's grin widen with each addition.

For some time Pitch just lies there, looking at the Charmander with pride. One day and it was strong enough to accomplish this. One day! While most would disapprove of his methods, it would seem they were very, very effective.

Finally, after long minutes of contemplating where to go from here, Pitch rises, picking up the Sandslash's Pokeball idly and plugging it into the Pokedex, reading the data as it scrolls by. Not bad by any means.

"Let's go Light - Hephaestus," the Trainer says, quickly correcting himself. "Let's see if the doctors can patch you up."

With that, Pitch heads into town, intent on getting his Pokemon both old and new patched up. After that, it would be time to incorporate the Sandslash into his team.

Pitch will go to the Pokemon Center and get his two Pokemon patched up then find a secluded place close to town to talk to the Sandslash. He'll have Lighter out first.

Dudeons
2014-08-11, 11:51 PM
Solomon, watching the negotiations with Johnny C, is quite happy to hear that the merchant has agreed to help them. In return, they needed to catch some Pokemon for him. 'Something pretty that a girl would like' as Johnny had said. Solomon smiles, having an idea of what Johnny has planned. Solomon takes a Repel bottle from Johnny. Breeze comes down and sniffs the bottle, clearly displeased by it. Solomon puts the bottle away and strokes Breeze reassuringly. He wouldn't put it on until he had to. He puts his hat back on his head, Breeze alighting herself onto it in content. Solomon swings his guitar back again, this time playing a calmer piece that Breeze was especially fond of. He watches the group, waiting to see what the others are doing. He's not used to having to wait to be back on the road, so he's trying to withhold his impatience.

gearHead
2014-08-12, 02:36 AM
Juno palmed the Repel with a grin. "Alright, you got a deal, Mister C!" Reaching over he shoulder, she tugged on one of her nervous Inkay's tentacles. "Drifter, camo mode." The little squid obliged, sinking towards the dirt road, its skin rippling as the color and texture of its hide shifted to match the dirt road. Sitting motionless on the ground, it resembled nothing more than an oddly-shaped rock. "Here's the plan. I sneak ahead, see what's going on; you guys stay just out of sight. If I think the Stunky won't be any trouble, I'll send Drifter back to get you, you can use the Repels, and we'll deal with 'em. If something weirder is going on, I'll come back myself and clue you in."

With a mock salute, Juno sunk into the tall grass and brush just alongside the road, carefully making her way ahead with Drifter alongside, senses peeled - though she was going slowly, so if anyone had a protest or suggestion, they had time to do so before she got too far.

Juno Stealth [roll0] (Spending 1 AP for +1)
Juno Perception [roll1]

Drifter used Camouflage to become Dark/Ground type.
Drifter Stealth [roll2]
Drifter Perception [roll3]

alchaos
2014-08-12, 12:47 PM
''Good luck, shout if you need help.''

Midna waved at her,while she was sneaking towards the stunky herd.

Boolprop
2014-08-12, 02:31 PM
"Something pretty a girl would like huh? Is that a one time offer or as many as we each can catch?" Dio questions Johnny C, before accepting the Repel, then pocketing it.

Turning to Juno as he agrees with her idea, he releases his Elekid from it's Pokeball. "Alright, it's a sound plan. At the meantime, Summanus and I will start preparing ourselves."

Facing Summanus, Dio poses with his right hand over his face "Alright Summanus, lets began training. First stand with your legs apart, knees slight bent..." Dio shows Summanus a basic stance, before continuing into more details. Trying to Psych up Summanus while boost it's confidence as Dio throws a few punches in the air while bobbing and weaving. Dio works out by Summanus' side, explaining more in detail at the techniques, specifically working on Summanus's footwork, balance and posture.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130316042945/jjba/images/archive/0/03/20130606042814!JonathanW.png
His pose

Will attempt to train Summanus. If it is at least 30 minutes before Juno or Drifter returns, or something else interrupts the workout.

If training succeeds
Training Summanus for 30 minutes. Summanus gains 4 EXP.
Applying Agility Training to Summanus.
Applying Agility Training to Dio due to Athlete Feature..

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-13, 11:40 PM
Juno and Drifter set forward, staying just off the road and crouching to use the tall grass as cover for their investigation. The group stays behind as she makes her way closer, taking her time not to startle anything she sees. Up ahead are a group of Stunky, twelve in all once counted, shifting about at the side of the road, their eyes focused upwards as they try hiding their dark fur against the darker pavement of the road. A quick look up, and Juno and Drifter both see something flying quite high in the air, a yellow feathered bird of some kind circling, perhaps in wait? Between the two, you might almost say they're in a standoff.

-----

Back in the group, Johnny C. sits back and watches as Dio trains, just a slight by amused as he ponders the question. "Well, if you happen to catch a few I'd gladly take 'em... Just wonder how many I actually need before it gets to be silly as a present. See here, there's a beautiful woman who lives on the village along this road; grand blonde hair, wonderful bronze skin, and such a wonderful caring nature for her butterflies. I've been through before, but the only thing that grabs her attention are those butterflies. I figure with just enough of those, I'll win her heart right over!" He shuffles a bit and chuckles, "That, or she'll only see all the butterflies. Worth a shot at the least, right?"

-----

The walk back to town is is peaceful, but increasingly hot as the sun rises higher in the day. The freeze breeze of air conditioning is a warm welcome to the pokemon center, where the resident nurse is more than happy to see you. She sends your pokemon to the back to be healed in short order and inspects you briefly for a moment before chatting up, "You know, it's the funniest thing! I swear I've seen your face somewhere before... I wonder where."

A brief pause is had before she fills in her own blank. "Oh yeah! I saw you out at the new trainer send off this morning didn't I? Too bad I couldn't stick around for it all." She quickly turns around at the sound of a bell, pulling up your pokeballs to return. "Don't feel too bad about returning to town; pretty much all the new trainers every year sort of do. They always try to tackle something out of their league; seems you got away with a catch for your troubles though." As Pitch is on his way out, she calls out, "Hope to see you again on TV!"

Find a secluded place in town at least is simple; plenty of buildings are stacked closely together enough to provide concealing alleyways, mostly for storing rubbish bins and back doors. When brought out, Sandslash is easily distracted by the vast departure in setting he had left previously.

Mystery Bird rolls; You can make a pokemon edu check to try to identify it.
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Arcran
2014-08-14, 12:27 AM
Pitch bites his tongue in the Pokemon Center, drawing blood. Out of his league? While the woman might know his face, she could never understand him. She'd see him on TV, just not in the way she was anticipating.

Still, that was unimportant. What matters now is the Sandslash.

"Hello," Pitch says, voice low, his knife sliding out with an audible click. "New place, new air and new master," Pitch mutters, idly tossing the Sandslash's Pokeball in the air. "It doesn't take a genius to tell you enjoy cutting things," the Trainer says, a smirk on his face. "I'll make you a deal, one that decides what happens to you."

"I will give you one free cut," Pitch says, stretching his arms outward, leaving his chest open. "Strike me down in a single blow and you can leave. But, if you fail," Pitch says, eyes shining maliciously.

"If you fail, you go in this little ball. I take this little ball, find the deepest well I can and drop it in. If you break out, you drown. If you don't, you're trapped in a Pokeball forever."

"There is, of course, a third choice," Pitch says, flipping his blade shut with a practiced motion.

"Join me and I will make you strong. I will let you cut through everything that stands in my way. With me you will be as a god. Stand against me and you'll be a prisoner to a pool of water."

"Make your choice," Pitch states, exposing his chest. "And feel free to ask Hephaestus; I'm a man of my word."

And Pitch waits, staring down at the Sandslash as he awaits its decision.

Grr I'm scary! [roll0]

gearHead
2014-08-14, 01:11 AM
Remaining motionless in the grass, Juno squinted up at the circling bird; in-depth species studies weren't something she'd particularly focused on in school, but she didn't dare try her Pokedex at the moment. Gonna have to look for a mute button next chance I get. She glanced back at the skunks; would they get aggressive if Juno intervened, or just flee when given the opportunity? Should she gamble on that, or go back for the others?

Pokemon Edu [roll0] - spending 1 AP for +1.
Intuition [roll1] to gauge the morale of the Stunky.

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-14, 02:01 AM
The Sandslash spreads its stance and readies its claws, ready to accept Pitchs' challenge. It lowers one claw at a time until one remains fully flexed, but it stops to look at it. It seems to seriously contemplate the challenge issued to it, and takes it quite literally. He sizes you up, calculatingly tracing his claw in the air before exchanging a few quiet noises with Hephaestus. A brief nod in response from the charmander seems to seal the deal; He lowers his last claw.

---------

A pokedex entry would surely spot you out before the name and type had even been declared, if it could identify the bird at all at this range. With its yellow body, blue wing tips, and red head it's practically a rainbow of a pokemon, but the species eludes you.

As for the Stunky, you ponder briefly what their reaction might be. If it came to fight or flight reactions, they seem well ready to make a stand, regardless of the threat involved. You could attempt to show that you were of no harm if you approached carefully, but a single misstep while they're on edge could trigger them to attack.

gearHead
2014-08-14, 03:07 AM
Juno decided to take the gamble; the Stunky were much less likely to feel threatened by a lone trainer than a large group, and if they tried to come through all together right now, even the Repels might not be enough to drive off a dozen Pokemon who were already in fight-or-flight mode. Worst case scenario, she could always flee and regroup if things got out of hand. Palming the Repel in one hand and an empty Pokeball in the other, she slowly rose to her feet. "Reflect up," she murmured to Drifter as the Inkay levitated in front of her, and with the shimmering barrier of force settling around her, she strode into the middle of the road. Her eyes were locked on the colorful bird, completely ignoring the Stunky. "You!" she declared loudly, pointing up at it imperiously; Drifter followed her lead, twirling in place and giving the bird a raspberry. "Been looking for you for a looong time, you feather-brained booger. You're mine. Get down here and face your doom!" Hopefully the skunks would be content to stay out of her mock-feud.

Guile [roll0] to convince the Stunky Juno's not interested in them - another AP for +1.

Arcran
2014-08-14, 07:45 AM
Pitch grins.

"You made the right choice," Pitch says, looking to Hephaestus with pride. "For now, you are Shovel. One you prove yourself you may have a real nane."

With an easy flick of the Pokeballs Pitch returns his family member and his tool, setting out to find Leia and hopefully make use of her specialized training.

ImperialSunligh
2014-08-15, 02:11 PM
"Ugh, this is boring, just watching them...", Tau thinks, but continues to follow just out of sight.

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-16, 02:49 AM
Juno's instantly seems to grasp the attention of everyone on the ground and in the air. They all face off at Juno, but step back and give her some space; whatever she's up to, it doesn't have to involve them as they slink into and hide among the grass.

While your words keep the Stunky at bay, the opposite effect is had on the one in the air. The bird in the sky starts to circle around you instead, far out of reach as it inspects its new target. It seems a bit patient as it decides how to attack, before its wings unfold against the sun in a brilliant display of color as it dives down directly at you.

------

Pitch walks in to the low brick building that is Leia's office that serves as the trainer testing center. A loud AC unit in the front window smothers the conversation Leia is having with a staff member at a desk until you get close enough for her to spot. She turns, a bit surprised but welcoming. "What can I do for you Pitch? It's only been about an hour, so I can't imagine you've gotten into any real trouble already."

Both Juno and her Inkay may move first, at the higher speed
The pokemon is fairly high up, 10m by the time he can be said to 'engage'. After a brief gloss there doesn't -seem- to be a hold-action option, but it would make perfect sense to say you wait until it gets within range.

gearHead
2014-08-16, 03:38 AM
While the bird plummeted towards her, Juno kept herself relaxed, lashing out suddenly at the last second from an unexpected angle with a leaping kick just as it came into range. "Rough it up Drifter, while it's off guard!" she shouted as she landed in a crouch, and the Inkay pulsed with dark energy as it struck the bird with its tentacles, turning its own strength against it.

Juno - Astonish! (AC 2) [roll0] - Flinches on 15+
Physical Ghost damage [roll1]

Drifter - Foul Play (AC2) [roll2]
Physical Dark damage [roll3] + target's Attack stat

Arcran
2014-08-16, 10:07 AM
Pitch lightly bounces Shovel's Pokdeball in his hand as he walks in, flipping it to Leia as she asks what she can do.

"I've caught a new Pokemon but, sadly, it doesn't know Rollout. Do you know any Move Tutors in town that could help?" he asks, not bothering to state that it's a Sandslash.

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-17, 03:38 AM
As the bird rushes down toward the two, it pulls up, gliding just overhead and out of reach when you see inbetween its claws two rocks held fast, hurling them with its momentum added directly towards Juno. As the bird swoops closer you can get a much better look at it; its body is covered in feathers except for its head, which is smooth and reptilian, almost like a stone.

--------

Leia examines the pokeball a bit as she taps her head for information. "I'm pretty sure we have that move in our pokemon training program. It'd be an hour and $800, but one of ours could handle it right here if you'd like... But if you're a bit tight on money, maybe you could do me a little favor? I've got a friend down the road who needs a little help; he says there are ghost pokemon harassing his farm and starting fires. I'm not convinced, but the rangers won't be able to get to him for a while. If you'd promise to handle it on your way I could consider throwing in some extra training for your new pokemon too, if you have anything in mind."

The bird, starting at 10m up, can only move 4m closer each turn. It's now at 6m, which isn't close enough for the melee attacks, but close enough for its ranged attack.
Bird uses Rock throw (AC4) [roll0] minus evasion, damage [roll1]

Arcran
2014-08-17, 08:42 AM
"That would be perfect, actually," Pitch says, forcing a grin onto his face. "I'd be more than happy to swing by and see what I can do. Maybe even catch a Ghost!" Pitch says, doing his best to fake the enthusiasm of a new Trainer. He'd do the task, of course, but he'd rather be on his way towards the first Gym. At least it was a useful task.

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-18, 01:56 PM
The rainbow colored bird squawks as his first throw goes wide, taking another dive to properly throw the rock in its other claw, this time at Drifter. Both claws empty, it starts moving in to attack with its wings, just close enough for you to strike back!

-----------

"Always good to see a young trainer get so enthusiastic!" Leia says with a good bit of cheer at your acceptance. She starts fishing out a pokedex of her own until yours beeps with a message; it's a map point update. "Jebediah lives off the main road between the public campsite and that little village. If you head off north from there, you'll be able to spot his farm pretty easily."

Pokeball in hand, she leads you to the back training room where one of her staff takes over. The tutor takes Shovel and pulls out a smaller Sandshrew to help him go through the motions of the move, teaching in easily digested increments. To Shovels credit, he picks the motion up quickly, and begins refining it with the tutor almost immediately. By the end of the hour, Shovel is a rolling flash across the room.

Bird uses Rock throw (AC4) [roll0] minus evasion, damage [roll1]
Bird Moves lower, to 2m up (directly overhead, in reach)

Juno and Drifter gets their turn (readied actions for this round)
Juno and Drifter gets their turn (actions for new round)

----
Pitch can have the Sandslash learn Rollout, and get one more free tutoring skill or move done for him.

Arcran
2014-08-18, 02:27 PM
Pitch grins as he watches the Sandslash train, becoming a rolling ball of destruction. He even seems to become more adept at using his spines, the dangerous spikes protruding outwards, making any direct attack against Pitch's newest teammate a dangerous proposition.

Pitch takes the Pokeball back eagerly, a dumb grin forced onto his face.

"Thank you so much!" he says eagerly, looking at the map. "I'll be sure to get that problem all sorted out!"

With a wave Pitch leaves, his forced grin disappearing almost as soon his back is turned, replaced with a casual smirk as he feels for his knife in his pocket.

As Pitch reaches the outskirts of town he pulls out his knife, carving an "X" on to Shovel's Pokeball before releasing his two team members, a flat expression on his face.

"Looks like we're stuck doing some idiot's work," Pitch says, a frown on his face at the prospect of being forced to hunt down ghosts. "It's a waste of our time, but we've got to keep the League happy," Pitch says as he looks at the two Pokemon.

"Of course, we have to be ready for a fight. Shovel, I want you to hit Hephaestus," the Trainer says, watching as the Sandslash rolls into a ball, careening towards the Charmander who, amazingly, dodges aside. "Again. Hephaestus, don't make it easy for him," Pitch says, watching as a thick cloud of smoke oozes from the mouth of the Charmander.

Thirty minutes later after countless reproaches by Pitch about technique the Sandslash finally finds its mark, barely coming against the Charmander but still sending Hephaestus flying. Pitch grins as he helps the Charmander up, satisfied with the work. The Sandslash was faster, stronger and, if he wasn't mistaken, ready to Rollout any opponent who comes against him.

"Good work," he says simply, turning to make his way towards the farmhouse, expecting his two Pokemon to follow.

Training for another session. Hephaestus gains 3 EXP (already trained earlier), Shovel gains 8 EXP.
Apply Ace Trainer to the both of them, Hephaestus in Special Attack and Shovel in Attack.
Apply the Advanced Mobility (Overland), Advanced Connection (Defense Curl) and Accuracy Training (Rollout) Edges to Shovel.
Both are now benefiting from Training Techniques.

gearHead
2014-08-18, 02:28 PM
The rock slammed into Drifter just before she struck the bird, but much of its force was absorbed by the shimmering Reflect. Turning as it swooped past her, Juno took aim and pitched her Pokeball. "Be ready to grapple it if I miss!" she commanded the Inkay.

Pokeball toss (AC6) [roll=1d20+1[/roll] 1 AP for +1 ACC
Capture? [roll0]

If capture attempt fails, Drifter: Constrict (AC2) [roll1]
Physical Normal damage [roll2]

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-18, 07:23 PM
Shovel and Hephaestus are both dirty and full of minor scrapes from their training, but seem set and ready to head out. Looking at the map, the farm isn't -too- out of the way, at least halfway between the two towns. It'll be a good solid day of walking ahead, if no more diversions are planned.

---------

The strange bird pokemon is surprised first by a human of all things lashing out at it, and then secondly by the red and white orb that smacks it right in its bruised beak. Dazed from the sudden assault, it hardly has any time to resist as the pokeball falls to the ground, wiggles once and flashes bright; Captured!

Pokedex and pokeball in hand, you quickly check exactly what it is you've captured. The pokedex announces it as Archen, "The First Bird Pokemon", listing vital statistics including extinction date, and date first cloned in laboratories. It's lists suppositions about Archens nature, ancient habitat, and the presumption that it "cannot fly"; obviously a bit outdated. Somehow though, you've come across a wild fossil.

Pitch is now... about 2 hours behind the main group (if you throw in walking to their position), maybe 1.5h if Dio's training doesn't get cut short. What's ahead depends on how the situation resolves.

----

Pokeball capture fails (target 37, at full HP)
Drifter succeeds, doing 0 total damage, but lowering speed by a stage.
Half chance of pokeball being broken (1 broken, 2 recoverable) [roll0]

Juno and Drifter go first next turn

Pokeball successfully captures Archen
Archen, lvl 13, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk), Abilities: Defeatist.
Moves: Wing Attack, Double Team, Leer, Quick Attack, Scary Face, Rock Throw
11 hp remaining

gearHead
2014-08-18, 08:53 PM
"Whew!" Juno wiped her brow as she crouched to pick up the Pokeball, then offered her Inkay a high-five as she stood. "Great job on our first catch, Drifter! An Archen, huh... wow, I bet it's super valuable!" Drifter preened happily, smacking her extended hand with a tentacle. Juno surveyed the bushes for any sign of the Stunky, then called out, "Skies are clear, fellas!" before sprinting quickly back to the group.

"Hey guys!" She was a little out of breath by the time she rejoined the others, but not too winded. "There were about a dozen of 'em, so it's a good thing we didn't just charge in there - but they were just getting riled up by a bird Pokemon." She held up the Pokeball with a triumphant grin. "I took care of it. Don't know if they'll still hang around the road now, but they should at least be much less on edge and packed together. Have your repels ready just in case, I guess."

Perception 3d6+3 to check on the Stunky situation before running off

Arcran
2014-08-18, 10:13 PM
Pitch continues walking, flipping his knife from end to end in his hand, watching his team follow in his tracks.

alchaos
2014-08-19, 06:49 AM
Midna while waiting for Juno,started making repel with the stuff the merchand gave her.
OCC

how many do i craft?

Dudeons
2014-08-19, 02:27 PM
Solomon has decided to take a seat as he plays guitar, his eyes closed as he plays whatever comes naturally. Eventually, Juno comes, telling them that the problem is cleared. Solomon hops up, eager to get back on the road whenever the others are ready.

Boolprop
2014-08-20, 12:12 PM
A slight grin, Dio understands Johnny C. Then gives the man a nod in agreement. "Well I've heard that each Vivillon have different wing patterns, depending on where it came from. I'll try to capture different ones."

After the initial warming up and several practice maneuvers, both Dio and Summanus began to spar with one another. The whole time, Dio offer words of advice, while encouraging Summanus as Dio threw in a couple of shots. Soon enough Dio began to pick up the pace, focused on improving Summanus reflexes.

Eventually, Juno comes back, telling the group that the problem is solved. Walking up to Juno, Dio inspects the two for a moment. "Glad to see you two are safe. So it was this bird Pokemon that riled up the Stunkies?"

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-21, 04:24 AM
As Juno walks away, she easily spots the Stunky looking on curiously at the capture before sinking back into the grass and disappearing now that their tormentor is gone. With the road clear and Dio's exercises completed, it seems like everyone is ready to set out once again.

As you walk down the road, you start to take in the nature of wildlife in the area. Off in the distance you can see the grass shuffle, as most pokemon stay away from the area immediately around the road. Little groves of trees dot the grassland, where most activity seems to center around. With a close enough look, or maybe some binoculars, you could easily get a good look at anything in the immediate area.

----------

The road seems to sizzle as it heats up under the summer sun, though neither of Pitches pokemon seem to take notice of the asphalts burn, too focused on following their new leader. About a mile out of town, you find a few large rocks settled into the middle of the road, a couple of cracks on the paved surface where they landed, and plenty of flattened or disturbed grass to one side; some sort of scuffle? Whatever happened here seems to have moved on, until Shovel perks up suddenly and looks steadily in the direction of the flattened grass, expecting something.

@alchaos - The merchant gave you a repel; if you want to purchase material to craft off of him, you can make a few more before the party moves on.

@boolprop - To answer your OOC question, you can get your training time finished.

Perception checks for the main party to identify pokemon they could go after. Johnny C. is also offering Binoculars for $1250 (+2 to Perception, to spot things at a distance).

Perception checks for Pitch.

Amaril
2014-08-21, 11:23 AM
Walking with a spring in his step with the rest of the group, Jonah's eyes are drawn by the frequent rustlings and noises from the undergrowth off the trail. He reaches into his pocket and anxiously turns Abra's Poke ball in his fingers. "Anyone thinking maybe we should head off the trail for a while at some point? That's where we're gonna find most of the best catches, and we could use the practice anyway."

Arcran
2014-08-21, 11:46 AM
Pitch raises a hand to his Pokemon, causing them to pause mid-stride.

"Hephaestus," Pitch mutters, calling the Charmander to his side as he looks at the rocks with interest. Were they Pokemon? Or just the result of one?

[roll0]

alchaos
2014-08-21, 05:27 PM
Sounds like fun.Let's go, let's go, let's go.

Midna was giddy,Pokemon to catch,that could be an adventure.

Anyone wanna know the pokemon around here?

OCC

Education (Pokemon) [roll0]

gearHead
2014-08-21, 09:46 PM
"S'pose I should be looking for a butterfly or two," Juno mused, somewhat infected by the girl's enthusiasm. Truth be told, she was feeling a little hesitant about sticking around with a group of people she barely knew; but then again, single-handedly taking care of the Stunky problem did seem to have put her in their good graces for the moment. "We should split up - go on opposite sides of the road, see what we can find, keep moving towards the rest area." On the one hand, Juno was accustomed to doing things on her own, but on the other it might be cool to get to know these kids. After all, if nothing else, they were technically her competition. "...uh, into pairs I guess, in case anyone runs into trouble?" She sized up the other kids - Not that she was making any assumptions about friendship yet. The athletic-looking Dio seemed more her type, but despite her bubbliness Midna sounded pretty knowledgeable about Pokemon, and intelligence was a trait Juno appreciated in a friend. Solomon was talented enough with his guitar, and kind of cute to boot, but she couldn't tell much else about him yet.

Hopping closer to Midna, Juno impulsively looped an arm into hers as she grinned mischievously. "What say you - girls versus boys? Whoever brings a pair of butterflies back to Mister C first gets best pick of campsites tonight!"

Boolprop
2014-08-22, 12:01 PM
Dio grins as he likes Juno's idea "I'm up for it, if everyone is. But I believe you left out Jonah." He looks around, counting the 5 heads in total, excluding Pokemon.

Walking up to Johnny C, Dio offers a handshake. "Thanks Mister C, but looks like I'm short of cash, wouldn't have enough to buy one of your Binoculars." Dio shakes his head, though he would have like a pair of binoculars, he is broke. "Well Mister C thanks again for the repels, we'll go and catch some butterflies now."

Training with Summanus is a success
Training Summanus for 30 minutes. Summanus gains 4 EXP.
Applying Agility Training to Summanus.
Applying Agility Training to Dio due to Athlete Feature.

Dio's Perception Roll. Spent an AP for a +1: 2d6+1

alchaos
2014-08-22, 06:07 PM
''No problemo,last one to catch one is a ratata.''

Midna ran towards the forest to the right dragging Juno along.

OCC

Perception [roll0]+1=18

Amaril
2014-08-22, 06:10 PM
As the girls dash off, Jonah glances at the other two boys. "Well, uh, should we be a group of three, or does anyone want to go off on his own?"

gearHead
2014-08-22, 10:52 PM
Though it surprised her, Juno let herself get pulled along, scanning the skies and foliage as they went. "The dudes might have the advantage of numbers, but we -" She pointed at her head, grinning at Midna. "... got it where it counts, yeah?"

Perception [roll0]

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-23, 11:26 PM
A little bit of friendly competition seems to have sprung up in the group; Juno and Midna seem happy to go off almost hand in hand to show off while the boys take a moment to organize themselves. Johnny C. waves a goodbye as he continues down the road, and everyone begins scanning the area for something to chase.

Dio, hand up to cover from the sun, squints and spots quite a bit of action taking place just to the south; four large birds circling and chasing a set of three brightly colored butterflies; it's fairly hard to miss, with the amount of dust being kicked up between the two aerial groups.

Juno and Midna have a keener focus; Though they too can spy the battle, there seems to be a lot more activity occurring in a grove to the north from the amount of shuffling grass, just not openly visible battle. The trees seem to rarely stop rustling as if in a constant breeze. Likewise, a less dramatic standoff appears to be occurring around a lone tree, with Juno spotting a few pairs of bright wings flashing against the sun. Midna is quick to point out that in either case, the local bug pokemon at the bottom of the food chain are likely fortifying against predators looking for a meal.

----------------------

From a distance behind, Tau has avoided the notice of the group for some time. Their little interactions are fun to watch, but without warning some of them split off the road; following through the grass might be a bit of a challenge. It almost seems time to decide which set to keep track of, when something cold brushes up against his leg. Turning, he can see a big tan balls of fuzz, its mouse-like noses curiously sniffing before they step back and sit up to look at you; The ratticate appears to be waiting to see what you do.

----------------------

Pitch looks over the rocks; as best as he knew, they were formed or moved by a pokemon. Rocks aren't frequently known for making such large cracks in pavement by themselves. With his mind focused on the mystery, neither he or his pokemon notice at first the shadows of the Beautifly up above as thick yellow spores fall from their wings.

Tau should make a perception check

----

Pitch's perception failed to notice the overhead ambush, one attack against each pokemon and Pitch
Stun Spore, AC 6, target paralyzed on hit
Pitch: [roll0]
Shovel: [roll1]
Hephaestus: [roll2]

Pitch and Co. get their actions, and if they aren't paralyzed all of them should be going before the Beautifly.
Beautifly are current 5m up and 3m away. (<6 distance)

Arcran
2014-08-24, 09:16 PM
As the paralyzing spores fall among the team, Pitch begins to move spaztically as both he and Hephaestus are coated in the spores, limiting their movements, the spores flooding their system.

Shovel, on the other hand, wasn't having quite the same amount of trouble. While Pitch and Hephaestus had been side by side, Shovel was far enough away to dodge the spores, staying just out of reach.

"Shovel!" the trainer calls, struggling through the paralysis. "Poison Sting!"

With a quick roll the Sandslash appears beneath one of the butteflies, a bony spine flying through the air at it.

AC 2: [roll0] Crit 19+, Poison 16+
Damage: [roll1]

Boolprop
2014-08-24, 11:04 PM
"Anyone can go off on their own. But it might be safer in numbers. Even if it's with the three of us, the competition rules wont change. Everyone in the group is to capture at least 1 butterfly." Squinting, Dio spots quite a bit of action taking place towards south, he mentions it to the other two boys. "So shall we head there or you guys have another option?"

Amaril
2014-08-24, 11:07 PM
Jonah squints into the sun and scans the horizon where Dio is looking, spotting the battle easily now that it's been pointed out. "Sounds good to me" he says with an excited grin. "What are we waiting for?" Without waiting for assent from the other two, he breaks into a run towards the wild Pokemon, withdrawing Abra's Poke ball and holding it ready as he does so.

Boolprop
2014-08-24, 11:27 PM
Dio looks to Summanus with confidence then smirks. "Are you ready to rumble?" Summanus looks to the horizon, spotting the skirmish Dio have pointed out before, then look up to the giant. The Elekid places one hand onto the other shoulder, rotates said shoulder for a moment before giving Dio a nod. Then both sprints off as Jonah takes the lead.

Dudeons
2014-08-24, 11:38 PM
Solomon was calmly standing off to the side listening to the others discuss plans. He didn't care much for competition, but Johnny needed them for his lady friend, so it was only fair.

"You ready to go?" Solomon asks the Hoppip on his head. Breeze jumps off of his hat and starts to fly forward, chirping merrily. Solomon chases after her, swinging his guitar behind him. He smiles towards Breeze, an expression she returns as they race towards the wild Pokemon up ahead.

gearHead
2014-08-25, 02:18 AM
"There!" Juno pointed towards the tree, pulling ahead of Midna until she became the dragger rather than the dragee. "Looks nice and isolated, no surprises. Let's check it out!" Letting go of her companion once they got closer, she motioned for her to stay put and dropped low into the tall grass, sneaking a bit closer to get a better look at the tree. Drifter had given up his earlier camo, but now his skin shifted to blend in with the brush lightly swaying in the breeze.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Drifter Stealth [roll2]
Drifted is using his Blender capability.

alchaos
2014-08-25, 07:06 AM
Midna tried to follow Juno to the best of her abilities.

OCC

Stealth [roll0]

King_of_GRiffins
2014-08-27, 02:00 AM
The poison barb sticks right into the body of the Beautifly in the air, and though it flutters it remains in the air as it attempts to drain both Shovel and Pitch of their life force. The poison barb falls off as soon as it takes its drink, but it still seems to be growing pale. The third Beautifly focuses in on the Hephaestus, flapping its wings in a mighty display as a miniature vortex opens up around the little dragon, kicking up dust and opening dozens of cuts on his body. Though the trio seem relentless, they keep turning off to the side of the road where they came from, looking for something.

------------

Dio, Jonah, and Solomon all break into a run to get a closer look at the action, pokemon in tow. Not too far from the edge of the conflict, the picture becomes crystal clear; a group of Fearow are harrassing a group of Vivillion, three in total, who seem to be standing their guard. Just beneath where the Vivillion hover and ready themselves, two small figures can be made out; little Spewpa making their way forward by shooting their sticky webbing forward and dragging themselves along at the slowest possible rate. Though when you approached the battle was at an impasse, at the sight of you one of the Fearow breaks off from the group, charging headlong at the group of butterflies. It dashes its wings forward to attack, only to be parried by a projected shield of energy. Immediately, all three Vivillion gang up on their attacker, coating it with spores from their wings and bashing up against it; the intimidating bird is almost helpless to the assault. The other three Fearow make a loud cracking caw and appear ready to descend and attack as well.

The three of you are just a short distance away; you could intervene easily at any time, and it seems the priority is not on you just yet.

-------

Meanwhile, Midna and Juno approach their target with more discretion, or at least try to. For as silent as Juno and Drifter are, Midna simply can't help but step on every hidden dry branch, rustle the grass loudly as she walks, or cover up the few reflective items on her person. Before you even get to the tree you hear shuffling and spot a small crew of four Sandshrew running to the opposite side of the small clearing around the tree, avoiding you. Nothing between you and the tree, your attention easily focuses on something bright and colorful among the leaves; it seems a set of Butterfree are hiding out, and one of them is waving a wing at you.

Pitch and Co.

Round 1
Beautifly 2 takes damage from Shovel and is poisoned
All Beautifly move closer to the party (distance 4) in the air
Beautifly 1 - Uses Gust on Hephaestus, AC 2 before evasion [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Beautifly 2 - Uses Absorb on Shovel, AC 2 before evasion [roll2], Damage [roll3], Half of Damage done recovered, Takes 6 damage due to poison
Beautifly 3 - Uses Absorb on Pitch, AC 2 before evasion [roll4], Damage [roll5], no damage to recover

Pitch and Hephaestus Act

Round 2
Shovel Acts

----------
Boys Adventure (Dio, Jonah, Solomon)
I'd like a quick statement of character and pokemon speed to throw you into initiative
Encounter Distance is current 10m + 2m up

A Fearow swoops in to use Aerial Ace, auto-hits; Vivillion uses Protect
One Vivillion uses Stun Spore, AC 2 [roll6]
Two Vivillion use Tackle, AC3 [roll7] / [roll8], Damage [roll9] / [roll10]
Two Spewpa use Harden (stage 1)

----------
Girls Adventure (Midna and Juno)
I'd like a statement of character and pokemon speed to, if initiative happens

Butterfree Perception [roll11]
Sandshrew Perception [roll12]

gearHead
2014-08-29, 01:05 AM
Juno rolled her eyes as the Sandshrew pack bolted - what part of 'stay put' had Midna not understood? Perhaps she could have been more clear in her instructions, but Juno had been attempting discretion. Still, the Ground-types weren't their quarry; and fortunately the butterflies didn't seem hostile. No harm, no foul. "Next time, leave the sneakiness to me," she chuckled to Midna, standing and dusting her knees off before raising her voice up at the tree. "Sorry! We were trying not to disturb you, but I guess we weren't careful enough. We just wanted a closer look - you two have the most beautiful wings I've ever seen!" She nudged Midna in the side, hoped her companion would get the idea and play along; if they could get the cooperation of the Butterfree without resorting to violence, all the better.

Guile [roll0], spending 1 AP for +1

Speed
Juno 15
Inkay 13

alchaos
2014-08-29, 07:08 PM
You're the most beautiful Butterfree i've ever seen.Can i approach you to see your wing ?

OCC

Guile [roll0]

King_of_GRiffins
2014-09-02, 11:21 AM
The Butterfree gives its wings a flutter, puffing up its chest and spreading its wings wide to display its colors. The wings are predominantly white, forming sections circled in black. Every step closer, you see a slightly different shade as the light reflects through it at a different angle, cycling blue, green, and red. He glides down from the tree, landing just at your feet to let you get close enough to touch them. He seems friendly, but is constantly turning his head about behind him at the sandshrews.

---------

Juno and Midna get to make perception checks, though at a -1 penalty.

Order of the boys battle is; Summanus, Fearows, Vivillion, Dio, Vivillion again, Solomon, Breeze, then Spewpa. When Jonah throws in an action, I'll slot him in to initiative.

Other than that, just waiting on any actions. Posting out of initiative is a-okay.

Boolprop
2014-09-03, 11:39 PM
As the boys gets closer to the Pokémon, Dio simple watches the conflict unfold. Apparently the Vivillions seems to be defending themselves and it's family from the Fearows. Dio isn't gung-ho about protecting others, but if someone seems to need help, especially when protecting their family and friends from others, well Dio may not stay still.

Gesturing to the others, Dio signifies that he and Summanus will be joining the battle soon. However noticing the distance is still quite far away, Dio tells the others that he and Summanus will attempt to sneak up to the Fearows before launching an attack.

Dio whispers to Summanus about his plan. Summanus to sneak up as close as possible, but do not fight yet. Nodding with a smirk on his face, Summanus circles around, sneaking closer to the ongoing conflict, positioning himself away from the battle, but close enough for himself to jump in once Dio commands him.

Actions
Dio Commands Summanus

Summanus
Move Action: Stealthily moves 5m forward, staying in the tall grass. [roll0]
Not sure if the tall grass would be consider difficult terrain. if so, then Summanus will use his Standard Action as a Sprint Action, thus moving up only 3m total, and not 5m.

Arcran
2014-09-04, 10:27 AM
Pitch coughs as the spores, limit his movement, looking towards the Charmander that is struggling similarly with bloodshot eyes. The Trainer notes the Beautifly's glance but, frankly, he doesn't give a damn if they're looking for something. Right now all he needed to do was take them out before his team became mincemeat.

"Hephaestus! Burn them!" the trainer manages to force out through a locked jaw, grinning slightly as he watches Hephaestus unleash a storm of fire towards a Beautifly.

Pitch: 33/48, Paralyzed
Hephaestus: 29/45, Paralyzed
Shovel: 44/74

Pitch gives up his Standard Action for Hephaestus
Hephaestus moves into Ember range! Hephaestus uses Ember on the one that hit Shovel!

AC: [roll0] Burn 17+, Crit 19+
Damage: [roll1]

King_of_GRiffins
2014-09-21, 12:23 PM
Pitch

Hephaestus fires a roaring flame, but is too stiff from the paralysis to turn his neck towards a target. The Beautifly float closer together and approach the ground, angling their wings as they collectively start picking up dust into a rising whirlwind that cuts and blinds. It stops after a short sprint of effort, as one of the pokemon draws the attention of the others to the grass; three Wurmple have made it onto the road, and are starting to cross it.

--
Boys
The Fearow that first swooped in retreats under the cover of its allies, two of them attempting to strike the other Vivillon, but to no effect as they too are parried by the same projected field of energy. The Vivillon group together against the two Fearow, their wings spreading a strange yellow powder that shocks and disturbs the Fearow on contact. They all seem gleefull in their success as the Fearow hardly seem able to continue flying.

The largest Fearow of all doesn't seem to go in with the rest, spotting a shuffling through the grass and eying Dio with a competitive glare. It swoops in face to face with him, slapping him with its wing.

Pitch
One Gust Attack goes to each: Shovel, Hephaestus, Pitch
AC: 2+Evasion, [roll0], Damage [roll1] minus special defense
AC: 2+Evasion, [roll2], Damage [roll3] minus special defense
AC: 2+Evasion, [roll4], Damage [roll5] minus special defense

Pitch and Hephaestus to Act
---
Round 3
Shovel to act

======
Boys

Fearow 1 Retreats, Fearow 2 and 3 Attack, but are deflected by Protect from Vivillon
All 3 use Strugglebug on the two infront of them
AC 2+SpDef, [roll6], Damage [roll7] minus sp def, lowers Sp. Atk by 1 stage on hit
AC 2+SpDef, [roll8], Damage [roll9] minus sp def, lowers Sp. Atk by 1 stage on hit
AC 2+SpDef, [roll10], Damage [roll11] minus sp def, lowers Sp. Atk by 1 stage on hit

Fearow 4 goes after Dio and uses Aerial Ace; it is now 5 spaces away from the group
AC Cannot Miss, Damage [roll12] minus physical def

Solomon, Breeze, Jonah and his Abra (need speeds), to Act next.

Spewpa sit and harden (Stage 2)
-------
Summanus to Act

===========
Girls

Waiting on spot checks and reactions to the Butterfree

Boolprop
2014-09-22, 09:51 PM
Just as quickly as Summanus rushes off into the grass, the battle between the Fearows and the Vivillons continues. Dio was able to follow Summanus when the largest Fearow eyes the giant and swiftly prioritized him.

The 'Boss Fearow' which Dio have dubbed it mentally, quickly swoops down upon Dio, slapping him with it's wings. Dio braces himself as he tries his best to fend off the attack, however Boss Fearow's slaps was all but a feint, when it landed a hard blow unto Dio's side. Nearly stumbling over, Dio held his ground with quick footwork. Planting his left foot onto the ground and swinging his body around, Dio uses the momentum to strike back at the Fearow.

Wiping his own mouth with the back of his wrist before spitting out his own saliva mixed with a bit blood onto the ground. Dio grins as he quickly reposition his body, both legs at shoulder-width apart, raising both hands up into fists as his left foot takes lead.

Dio: 28/57 HP
Summanus: 50/50 HP

Dio attacks the Fearow with Rock Smash
AC: 2 [roll0] Rock Smash lowers the target’s Defense 1 Combat Stage on 17+
Damage: [roll1] - Fighting type / Before defenses and resistances