PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Classes for Neogi slavers

Balor01
2014-08-03, 09:29 AM
Neogi (MM2 (http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/details.php?id=607&backlink=%2Fallmonsters.php)) will have an important part in my next campaign and I'd like to ask about some mechanic advice regarding class and level for neogi slavers.

Adult neogi is CR 4, has a crossbow (omg) and some poison. Basically, it is a small pile of poo. What I want to build is a competent slaver that can pretty much handle several lvl 1 to 3 opponents. Neogis in my setting are mainly hunting orcs and bugbears and goblins.

So: Which class, how many levels to roflstomp (enslave) lvl 1-3 creatures?

Also, according to the charts, adult Neogi should have 1200 worth of equiptment, but because these are slavers, I have decided to triple that amount. This will be some blingy boys.

What I'd most like regarding equiptment is the fact that it prevents damage. Perhaps some effects like Blur or something like that via an item? I do not know. What I do know is that a standard armor will increase usefullnest of these guys immensely.

Thats what I have for now.

thanks

Vaz
2014-08-03, 10:42 AM
Have a read at Lords of Madness. Much better than MM2. Can't think of anything other than Fighter with Crossbow Spec (give Elite array and max constitution to improve DC pick up Ability Focus too) to play them out of the book.

Against 1-3HD opponents a few crossbow sniper rogues are going to kill a few. But why do you want to kill them if you need them slaves?

Psion for Psionic Charm possibly? Maybe have them recurring.

Balor01
2014-08-03, 12:11 PM
Thanks Vaz. Actually was thinking sorcerer enchanter? Easy to play for me and effective at subduing targets.

Vaz
2014-08-03, 12:37 PM
Sorcerer does have the benefit of Charisma for intimidating, but being a slaver isn't necessary about high Cha. Im afb, so can't say much either way until then, but Psion is better - the higher base HD allows Practised Manifester to boost your 'enchants'. Just as easy, I think. Ardent benefits from it even more.

A few bullies with whips covered in blister oil (planar handbook iirc) makes decent, well, bullies.

Taveena
2014-08-03, 12:43 PM
Beguiler's another option, and with them, you don't even have to pick their spell selection.

Sian
2014-08-03, 12:52 PM
Rogue and refluff Thayan Slaver (From Unappoachable East) to be tied into Neogi society

Balor01
2014-08-03, 02:20 PM
Beguiler's another option, and with them, you don't even have to pick their spell selection.
Beguiler is good enchanter?

JusticeZero
2014-08-03, 02:25 PM
Well, remembering that you only ever see them with some Umber Hulks, you'll probably be looking at something supporty.

Balor01
2014-08-03, 02:50 PM
Well, remembering that you only ever see them with some Umber Hulks, you'll probably be looking at something supporty.

I'm looking for something that can ENSLAVE beyond their initial power. Thayan Slaver is tight on point just a bit too melee. I imagine slavers do not want to get their hands dirty. But it is really good pick.