View Full Version : Warblade Ability question

MediaMoogle
2014-08-03, 06:29 PM
Does the Weapon Aptitude ability, allow me to change the choice for "exotic weapon proficiency"?

Vhaidara
2014-08-03, 06:30 PM
Yes. It makes EWP fun on Warblade.

Red Fel
2014-08-03, 07:37 PM
Yes. It makes EWP fun on Warblade.

Very much so. As long as you're using only one exotic weapon at a time, you need only take the feat once, and you can apply it to a new weapon every so often.

"Wossat? Kaorti Resin? Nah, I can't use it. Gimme a few minutes, though."

That, right there? That's your Warblade. Saying those things.

Vhaidara
2014-08-03, 07:44 PM
One of my friends used the Exoticist Fighter variant with Warblade. Exoticist Fighter trades MWP Proficiency for 4 EWPs. Warblade gets back your MWP, and gives you 4 floating EWPs.

The Insanity
2014-08-04, 01:39 AM
Very much so. As long as you're using only one exotic weapon at a time, you need only take the feat once, and you can apply it to a new weapon every so often.

"Wossat? Kaorti Resin? Nah, I can't use it. Gimme an hour, though."

That, right there? That's your Warblade. Saying those things.
Fixed that for you. (actually, it also depends at what time of day he's saying it, so it might be even longer)

Crake
2014-08-04, 02:36 AM
One of my friends used the Exoticist Fighter variant with Warblade. Exoticist Fighter trades MWP Proficiency for 4 EWPs. Warblade gets back your MWP, and gives you 4 floating EWPs.

That depends on whether you get them as class proficiencies or bonus feats. I'd imagine it's class proficiencies, so you wouldnt be able to change them.

Firechanter
2014-08-04, 08:33 AM
I take it this player took 1 level of Fighter (Exoticist Variant) and 1+ levels of Warblade, so they get both.

Edit: ah nvm, I get where you're coming from. Well that's not quite clear. I agree that Proficiencies like "All Martial Weapons" do _not_ mean "you get the Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword Feat, and the Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword Feat, and the Martial etc etc etc". But if it explicitly gives you 4 specific EWPs, then I suppose any of those might be eliglible for swapping.

Vhaidara
2014-08-04, 11:49 AM
I take it this player took 1 level of Fighter (Exoticist Variant) and 1+ levels of Warblade, so they get both.

Edit: ah nvm, I get where you're coming from. Well that's not quite clear. I agree that Proficiencies like "All Martial Weapons" do _not_ mean "you get the Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword Feat, and the Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword Feat, and the Martial etc etc etc". But if it explicitly gives you 4 specific EWPs, then I suppose any of those might be eliglible for swapping.

Well, technically he actually was using a variant factotum we brewed. Gave up Arcane Dilettante (the player wanted a wholly mundane class) in exchange for all of the warblade's not-maneuver class features