PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mexican Golarion

Strormer
2014-08-03, 10:47 PM
So I'm wanting to make an Aztec Jaguar Warrior for Pathfinder Society (a Human Mad Dog Barbarian who wears Jaguar Hide armor and uses a Macuahuitl, Atlatl/Tlacochtli, Tematlatl, and Tecpatl and has a Jaguar (large cat) animal companion). I have the build pretty much exactly how I want it, but I don't know the Golarion world well enough. Does anyone know if there is a Mexico/Aztec analogue in Golarion? I want to get as close as possible to the real-world Aztec warriors and I know there are plenty of Native Mexican-inspired monsters in the bestiaries so I'm hoping that there will be a cultural analogue as well.

Thanks in advance!

Sayt
2014-08-04, 12:24 AM
I'm not actually sure that there is a cultural analogue to the Aztec, Maya or Incan civilisations on Golarion, or at least in the Inner Sea Regions. The closest I think of, at least architecturally, would be the Mwangi expanse, and some of the Azlanti ruins therein (From the serpent's Skull AP.), so maybe parts of the Mwangi or the Shackles?

Strormer
2014-08-04, 06:47 AM
Yeah, from my Google research I was thinking the Mwangi might be the best option, though they certainly seem more Africa-themed. Thanks, either way. I'll keep looking until my next session comes up, but that might well be it. Any other insights are always welcome and appreciated.

Kudaku
2014-08-04, 07:39 AM
The shoanti barbarians might be an option, though they strike me more as native american than Aztec. Skraelings/arcadians are again more native american than south american, but it might be an option?

Firechanter
2014-08-04, 10:01 AM
Check out PFWiki:
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Azlanti_(human_ethnicity)

tl;dr: Pseudo-Aztecs used to exist, but are long extinct.

chainer1216
2014-08-04, 11:24 AM
when i read this thread title, i thought it said "mexican gorrilion"

i came in here expecting luchador gorilla's with four arms.

i now has a sad.

Strormer
2014-08-31, 12:50 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your input. I ended up going with a small barbarian tribe from the northern sodden lands that claim close Azlanti ancestry. Also, my apologies, chainer1216, for the lack of lucha. :smallwink: