PDA

View Full Version : A question about Medieval Armies

FlayerIV
2014-08-04, 03:22 AM
Hey guys.

I have a rather large favour to ask those of you who are intimately familiar with Medieval armies.

I need someone familiar with the arms, armour, training regime and organization of multiple medieval armies to lend me a hand either with research or fact checking for a wargame I'm devising. It occurred to me that while I know a lot about medieval equipment, culture, tactics and specific battles, I simply do not have the same level of understanding for their military organization from the ground up as I do for, say, the Bronze Age or Classical periods. As I'm working on creating a wargame system that relies on my knowledge being accurate, and I want to give my project the level of knowledge and input it deserves, I don't want to make any mistakes. So I either need to get to the same level of knowledge (please recommend books/journal articles), or find someone with more knowledge than I do to bounce off of.

Many thanks.

Yora
2014-08-04, 03:26 AM
For specific questions, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?347806-Got-a-Real-World-Weapon-or-Armour-Question-Mk-XV) is always good.

FlayerIV
2014-08-04, 03:42 AM
Cheers. Appreciated. And other words to reach the ten word minimum.

Guard
2014-08-05, 01:51 PM
It's 10 characters. :smallsmile:

Milodiah
2014-08-11, 11:44 AM
I can certainly answer a few questions, if and when you have them. I'm minoring in military history, and while it inevitably starts off with the colonization of America I still picked up some useful things for the era we're needing.