PDA

View Full Version : DM Help What on the material plane is that?!

GutterFace
2014-08-04, 02:28 PM
So if you have read any of my other posts you'll know i have a table full of old friends that love to make nonsense in games.
we're all working people now with tons of time to come up with nonsense i have to manage and limited time to play. as a note they love testing my limits of DM sanity.

For some reason they don't like to post so im the posting monkey....

one of the guys wants to make Incarnate Construct; Necrophidius. (fiend folio)

now for the fun....i dont know too much about the template and i dont have savage species but from what i know it makes a construct playable.

does the Necrophidiuss' DC saves increase as they gain levels or will they stay the same?

should i even all this? can they wear armor?

PraxisVetli
2014-08-04, 07:03 PM
Well, for one, Incarnate Construct specifies a 'generally humanoid form.'
Also, it would lose all of its special attacks, so the Paralysis, Sneak Attack, and Dance of Death are all gone.
Second, sure, allow it. Though since It's not normally a PC Race, it'd hodgepodge get -2 LA and two Racial Hit Die.
Maybe call it even?
And I think the DMG has rules for wierd armour.

GutterFace
2014-08-04, 07:27 PM
Haha ok i shall allow it then. jesus that thing looks creepy

Phelix-Mu
2014-08-05, 01:28 AM
Consider instead the awaken construct spell. Much more desirable from an optimization standpoint, and the thing's physical form remains mostly the same, avoiding difficult questions like "wait, how do I eat?"

On the other hand, the application of the spell makes most constructs borderline unplayable due to lack of LA issues and construct being one of the more robust creature types (and usually the least well-thought out ones).