PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Corvo from Dishonored

Psyren
2014-08-04, 03:33 PM
Dramatic picture!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140615165819/dishonoredvideogame/images/6/60/Corvo-Attano.jpg

I finally got around to beating this game and Corvo fascinates me. (Well, his abilities fascinate me - as a character he's basically a cardboard brick.) He appears to be a psychic rogue with some dashes of witch or sorcerer if that makes sense. I was wondering how the playground might stat him.

I can't figure out all his powers (see spoiler), and I'm also having trouble getting them into one build (pre-epic anyway - maybe that's my problem).

Powers in the spoiler:

Blink: short range teleport - dimension door
Dark Vision: grants lifesense through walls and can also see traps/devices - ??? (detect hostile intent, remote viewing and clairvoyance so far seem frontrunners.)
Devouring Swarm: summons rat swarm to attack foes - summon swarm
Possession: can take control of animals and people - magic jar? This one's tricky because he projects himself physically into his target without needing a receptacle or leaving a body behind.)
Bend Time: - Can move so fast time seemingly slows or stops - temporal acceleration.
Wind Blast: sends a wave of force that sends people/objects flying and damages them - telekinetic thrust.
Blood Thirsty: gets more brutal as he kills more foes - ??? (maybe some kind of rage power/spell, or transformation?)
Agility: Move faster and jump higher: haste/physical acceleration
Shadow Kill: disintegrate foes corpses when slain - dissolving weapon maybe?

He also has longsword proficiency, hand crossbow proficiency, pistol proficiency (potentially, dragon pistol) and can set traps.

Has anyone tried statting him or defining his abilities before?

I'm also curious about statting his rival, Master Assassin Daud who has his own suite of powers.

stack
2014-08-04, 03:37 PM
Akashic veils and feats get the first two, stalker tabi on a foot bind for teleports, a feat gives life-sensing vision. Three feats using playtest material.

Coward's boots help with speed, though then you need twin chakra.

Psyren
2014-08-04, 03:40 PM
Akashic veils and feats get the first two, stalker tabi on a foot bind for teleports, a feat gives life-sensing vision. Three feats using playtest material.

Huh, I didn't think of using Akasha or Incarnum. I'll have to go back over the veils.

The one ability I'm having a lot of trouble with is his possession, because I don't know how to represent him physically entering and exiting another creature short of making him a fiend or ghost of some kind.

stack
2014-08-04, 03:52 PM
There's a Druid spell to do that with animals. Let me look it up.

Share skin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/share-skin), the greater version is witch only but works on any creature.

Psyren
2014-08-04, 04:00 PM
There's a Druid spell to do that with animals. Let me look it up.

Share skin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/share-skin), the greater version is witch only but works on any creature.

That's perfect! And yeah I was leaning towards witch with him anyway.

Maybe gestalt witch/psyrogue or something...

stack
2014-08-04, 04:14 PM
Could look at the cleric spell deadly juggernaut and the dread power strength of my enemy to get stronger by defeating enemies. Which should be a veil, have to think about that.

Psyren
2014-08-04, 04:29 PM
Could look at the cleric spell deadly juggernaut and the dread power strength of my enemy to get stronger by defeating enemies. Which should be a veil, have to think about that.

That would be perfect for Daevic. I can just see them going wild as they rain blows faster and faster until they climax...

...What were we talking about?

Gildedragon
2014-08-04, 05:01 PM
Swordsage is a great chassis
blood thirsty is emulated by tiger claw discipline in general
agility: the dexterity reliance and the skill boosting maneuvers and stances (like +10' to jump, spinerwalk, etc)
blink: the shadow jaunt line of maneuvers
windblast: setting sun maneuvers to an extent

darkvision can be replicated (somewhat) by the lifesense feat (requires con --)
summon swarm
and possession's mechanical effects by a racial alter self ability. outside of that in 3.5 it can't be much emulated

rogue 1, exoticist sneak-attack fighter, warlock 1, swordsage X is a good base

the rogue and fighter get you the weapons needed and sneak attack damage, and the warlock 1 dip gets you summon swarm, and with warlock 2 you get at will see invisibility and detect magic

alternatively: aberrant dragonmark line of feats can compliment the swordsage:
Ab DMk: charm person (posession) or jump or pass without trace (agility) or detect secret doors (darkvision-y)
L Ab DMk: summon swarm (summon swarm), darkvision (darkvision), or others
G ab DMk: any

AttilaTheGeek
2014-08-04, 07:38 PM
In Pathfinder, the Myrmidarch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/myrmidarch) magus archetype lets you deliver a ray spell through a ranged attack. Spellstriking Disintegrate into a sword, pistol, or crossbow attack would let you imitate Shadow Kill.

For Blood Thirsty, you might be interested in the Deadly Juggernaut (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/deadly-juggernaut) spell. There's also the Hammer the Gap (-http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/hammer-the-gap-combat) feat.

I don't know of any non-psionic way to represent Bend Time level II other than Time Stop, at least in Pathfinder. The only way I know of to get a Time Stop SLA is Time Oracle 20 (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/time).

Finally, while it doesn't directly map to an in-game ability, the Dimensional Dervish (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/dimensional-dervish) feat is, I think, appropriate.

Gildedragon
2014-08-04, 07:46 PM
for ideas on bend time, there is a compilation of things that do funny stuff to time on these boards ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?361164-Oh-the-ways-to-shatter-time)

Slithery D
2014-08-04, 11:25 PM
For the possession you could do a modified version of the Hidden Body psionic power. The unseen passenger is generally the passive partner unable to act, but there's an (expensive!) augment that allows you to take mental actions as the passenger.

HunterOfJello
2014-08-04, 11:31 PM
Blink: short range teleport - dimension door
Dark Vision: grants lifesense through walls and can also see traps/devices - ??? (detect hostile intent, remote viewing and clairvoyance so far seem frontrunners.)
Devouring Swarm: summons rat swarm to attack foes - summon swarm
Possession: can take control of animals and people - magic jar? This one's tricky because he projects himself physically into his target without needing a receptacle or leaving a body behind.)
Bend Time: - Can move so fast time seemingly slows or stops - temporal acceleration.
Wind Blast: sends a wave of force that sends people/objects flying and damages them - telekinetic thrust.
Blood Thirsty: gets more brutal as he kills more foes - ??? (maybe some kind of rage power/spell, or transformation?)
Agility: Move faster and jump higher: haste/physical acceleration
Shadow Kill: disintegrate foes corpses when slain - dissolving weapon maybe?

Blink - Shadow Jaunt maneuver
Dark Vision - Ring of XRay Vision with Trapfinding (via adding the feat Catalogues of Enlightenment and the Kobold Domain power) and +10 to search
Devouring Swarm - Summon Swarm via warlock power
Possession - Control Body psion power
Bend Time - Haste
Wind Blast - there are lots of ways to do this one
Blood Thirsty - Blood in the Water stance
Agility - Haste can work here too, increasing your movement speed does give you a bonus to Jump checks (and having slower than 30 gives you a penalty!)
Shadow Kill - uh...... dunno

Twilightwyrm
2014-08-04, 11:42 PM
Swordsage is a great chassis
blood thirsty is emulated by tiger claw discipline in general
agility: the dexterity reliance and the skill boosting maneuvers and stances (like +10' to jump, spinerwalk, etc)
blink: the shadow jaunt line of maneuvers
windblast: setting sun maneuvers to an extent

darkvision can be replicated (somewhat) by the lifesense feat (requires con --)
summon swarm
and possession's mechanical effects by a racial alter self ability. outside of that in 3.5 it can't be much emulated

rogue 1, exoticist sneak-attack fighter, warlock 1, swordsage X is a good base

the rogue and fighter get you the weapons needed and sneak attack damage, and the warlock 1 dip gets you summon swarm, and with warlock 2 you get at will see invisibility and detect magic

alternatively: aberrant dragonmark line of feats can compliment the swordsage:
Ab DMk: charm person (posession) or jump or pass without trace (agility) or detect secret doors (darkvision-y)
L Ab DMk: summon swarm (summon swarm), darkvision (darkvision), or others
G ab DMk: any

You could re-fluff the "Hearing the Air" stance from the Diamond Mind discipline into the "Darkvision".

Gildedragon
2014-08-05, 09:52 AM
If one can get BAB 10 (Divine Power spell) one can get Eternal Blade's Island of Time ability to emulate the time stopping

A good build would then be changeling, 2 flaws
aberrant dragonmark
racial emulation
able learner

at 3: adaptive style
at 6: lesser aberrant dragonmark (summon swarm)
at 9: greater aberrant dragonmark, or a dragonmark boosting feat

Rogue (or Spellthief) 1
Exoticist Sneak Attack Fighter 1 (gain gun, hand xbow, kaorti longsword and 1 other exotic weapon)
Swordsage 8
Eternal Blade 10

Svata
2014-08-05, 11:24 AM
Rogues already have hand xbow proficiency.