PDA

View Full Version : Refluffing the Inquisitor?

Grim Reader
2014-08-04, 08:16 PM
Recently, I've been seing an Inquisitor in my game. And its really good. I wouldn't mind playing one myself at some point.

However, the Inquisitor fluff leaves me cold. Are there any suggestions on how the mechanics could fit some other fluff?

Amphetryon
2014-08-04, 08:19 PM
What particular mechanics regarding an Inquisitor - what archetype, what feats, what playstyle in general - appeal to you, that you could see yourself playing the class?

How would you prefer to fluff that archetype, collection of feats, and playstyle?

There's your answer. :smallsmile:

jjcrpntr
2014-08-04, 08:46 PM
I don't know about refluffing but I changed the inquisitor die to a d12. I think having that class be a d8 I'd silly. But then again in my group the inquisitor is usually the only real melee they have and the guy just didn't have the health for it.

Vhaidara
2014-08-04, 09:00 PM
I don't know about refluffing but I changed the inquisitor die to a d12. I think having that class be a d8 I'd silly. But then again in my group the inquisitor is usually the only real melee they have and the guy just didn't have the health for it.

Huh? I always thought the Inquisitor was more like a divine bard, with slightly more focus on melee, but nothing worthy of a d12

squiggit
2014-08-04, 09:08 PM
Huh? I always thought the Inquisitor was more like a divine bard, with slightly more focus on melee, but nothing worthy of a d12

I figured them sort as a roguish counterpart to the paladin's role as divine fighter.

Vhaidara
2014-08-04, 09:11 PM
I figured them sort as a roguish counterpart to the paladin's role as divine fighter.

I did to, but then I looked at them and they don't have Disable Device, which is the most iconic of rogue skills (the only reason to have one in 3.5, really)

jjcrpntr
2014-08-04, 10:13 PM

Normally I'd agree with you. But I'm a nice dm. And he's their only consistent melee. I felt that they needed to have some sort of a tank like character.

Troacctid
2014-08-05, 01:56 AM
The class would work well fluffed as a detective. They get a lot of class features that help with investigating crimes and tracking down criminals. They make good cops too, with lots of spells that help command authority and keep the peace. I could see **** Tracy or Samuel Vimes as an Inquisitor.

Edit: Richard. Richard Tracy. :roy:

grarrrg
2014-08-05, 09:19 AM
The class would work well fluffed as a detective. They get a lot of class features that help with investigating crimes and tracking down criminals. They make good cops too, with lots of spells that help command authority and keep the peace. I could see **** Tracy or Samuel Vimes as an Inquisitor.

Policeman looks good.
Could even go with "no/low powers vigilante superhero.
Like that Bat guy, or...what was his partner's name?

Edit: Richard. Richard Tracy. :roy:
Ah, yes, Richard Grayson.

Talya
2014-08-05, 12:24 PM
Several of its archetypes already have substantially different fluff-feels to them. (infiltrator is awesome in certain types of campaigns.)

Also... yes, the name ****. Funny how Richard's short-form is filtered here, (as well as **** - being male poultry) when wiener, pecker, member, tool, package, unit, shaft, prick, schlong, dong, wang, knob, and Johnson are all just fine.

Vhaidara
2014-08-05, 01:17 PM
Also... yes, the name ****. Funny how Richard's short-form is filtered here, (as well as **** - being male poultry) when wiener, pecker, member, tool, package, unit, shaft, prick, schlong, dong, wang, knob, and Johnson are all just fine.

I actually forgot it was male poultry as well. I generally use it in the verb sense of tilting your head, or cocking a gun.