Sudden Leap
Wolf Fang Strike
Leading the attack
Tactical strike
Claw the moon

Stances.
Blood in water
Hunter Sense

And I also have ananother level.ALL advice accepted so please feel free:))

HunterOfJello
2014-08-04, 10:40 PM
Steadfast Determination is nice but has a prerequisite of Endurance.

Is there a specific reason you took Weapon Focus (Kukri) other than the +1 to attack? There are much better feats out there for a warblade than that one.

I would drop one of your current second level maneuvers for Mountain Hammer. It's an extremely useful maneuver that becomes very powerful against enemies with DR. (Note that Mountain hammer has no pre-reqs so you don't need to worry about taking a level 1 Stone Dragon maneuver to obtain it!)

I would delay taking too many Tiger Claw maneuvers, then go into Bloodclaw Master. It would be worth it to take at least 1 level in the prestige class if you're that focused on two-weapon fighting. I wouldn't take all 5 levels, but 3 or less could be good.

~~~

The methods for obtaining new maneuvers is also a bit complex. I don't think you've set your maneuvers up properly. Your two fighter levels count as 1 initiator level so your second warblade level allows you to learn a 2nd level maneuver. Also, your 4th level in warblade lets you replace a known maneuver with a new one (including one at a higher level than before!). You should therefore have 3 second level maneuvers by level 6.

Weirdbob95
2014-08-04, 10:43 PM
If you want to focus on critical hits, look at the Disciple of Dispater prestige class. It improves your critical range from 15-20 to 9-20.
If you want cheese, take the Lightning Maces feat and use Aptitude kukris. Whenever you threaten a critical hit (aka almost always), you get another attack.

wizzy64
2014-08-04, 10:59 PM
So how would you recommend I build this exactly? 2 ranger/? Warblade/?

wizzy64
2014-08-04, 11:02 PM
Stormgaurd maybe?

HunterOfJello
2014-08-04, 11:26 PM
So how would you recommend I build this exactly? 2 ranger/? Warblade/?

That depends on what kind of character you want to play. If you have strong roleplaying reasons to go into Ranger, then take 1 or 2 levels in that and then move into Warblade. It depends a lot on your stats, your roleplaying, your character concept, and your level of optimization.

Two weapon fighting is a harsh pursuit since it does less damage overall than single weapon or two-handed weapon fighting when you aren't using precision damage (like sneak attack). Two weapon fighting as a warblade will take a high dexterity and a high strength score. If you dropped Ranger, then you would need at least 15 Dex to get Two-Weapon fighting and then you could go grab Improved Two-Weapon Fighting by buying a pair of Gloves of the Balanced Hand (MiC, 8000gp).

Critting is nice, but you also need to have damage to back up that critical hit otherwise you still aren't doing much damage even when you double your attack.

Overall, two weapon fighting sounds cool but is ineffective unless you start optimizing heavily.

However, if your group generally doesn't optimize much at all then you may be fine with your build as-is. It depends on what the other players are doing and what the DM sets your party up against.

wizzy64
2014-08-04, 11:50 PM
We have seen a lot of orcs and dragons lol. But I took two ranger because early in my toons ancestry we were people of the forest the bought some land run by a powerful druid who cursed the family for not returning land that didn't belong to us basically so we now are leothropes who turn once a week. My brother and I were raised by our uncle who taught us the ways of the forest. My brother proceeded n using these teaching to learn more about the forest (full ranger) and we split up in a way to cure the curse (mine secretly wants to learn to control it) but character took these teaching and took a different path searching for answers but bounty hunting to take care of himself in the process so that is my reason for 2 ranger but we have a THF Paladin but I'm hoping to be a good critical Fisher to help assist him we are the only two tanks.

Sith_Happens
2014-08-04, 11:55 PM
Stormgaurd maybe?

Stormguard very yes.

wizzy64
2014-08-05, 12:23 AM
Stormguard very yes.

Any recommendations on how to go about this?

Sith_Happens
2014-08-05, 01:04 AM
Any recommendations on how to go about this?

Getting it or using it?

Getting Stormguard Warrior:

Take Ironheart Aura as your first Warblade bonus feat (because it's not worth a regular feat) and then take Stormguard Warrior ASAP, even if it means delaying Improved Two-Weapon Fighting.

Using Combat Rhythm:

Any time you don't think your second and/or third pair of attacks are likely to hit, turn them into Combat Rhythm touch attacks (which probably will hit) instead. That way, instead of doing nothing, those attacks are giving you bonus damage on your next turn.

If you feel confident that you can full attack the same enemy two turns in a row, make a full set of Combat Rhythm touch attacks the first turns and a full set of regular attacks the second turn. Assuming that all of the touch attacks hit (because they probably will), each regular attack that hits will deal an extra 5x damage, where x is the number of touch attacks you made. Since you'll probably have the same number of attacks both rounds (Tiger Claw boosts notwithstanding), that's up to 5x2 extra damage in all. Sneak Attack, eat your heart out.:smallcool:

Using Channel the Storm:

Get Enlarge Person cast on you whenever possible so Medium or smaller-sized enemies provoke an attack of opportunity when they approach you. Waive that attack of opportunity for Channel the Storm. Easy attack and damage bonus on all your retaliatory attacks.

The Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit feats both cause attacking you to provoke an attack of opportunity from you, which you can then Channel the Storm instead of taking. Pick your poison; Robilar's Gambit can't be taken until 12th level (later if you enter Bloodclaw Master, which you should), while Karmic Strike requires Dodge and Combat Expertise (:smallyuk:). Either way, the more you get pummeled the stronger you get.

Using Fight the Horde:

Don't.

wizzy64
2014-08-05, 02:43 AM
Getting it or using it?

Getting Stormguard Warrior:

Take Ironheart Aura as your first Warblade bonus feat (because it's not worth a regular feat) and then take Stormguard Warrior ASAP, even if it means delaying Improved Two-Weapon Fighting.

Using Combat Rhythm:

Any time you don't think your second and/or third pair of attacks are likely to hit, turn them into Combat Rhythm touch attacks (which probably will hit) instead. That way, instead of doing nothing, those attacks are giving you bonus damage on your next turn.

If you feel confident that you can full attack the same enemy two turns in a row, make a full set of Combat Rhythm touch attacks the first turns and a full set of regular attacks the second turn. Assuming that all of the touch attacks hit (because they probably will), each regular attack that hits will deal an extra 5x damage, where x is the number of touch attacks you made. Since you'll probably have the same number of attacks both rounds (Tiger Claw boosts notwithstanding), that's up to 5x2 extra damage in all. Sneak Attack, eat your heart out.:smallcool:

Using Channel the Storm:

Get Enlarge Person cast on you whenever possible so Medium or smaller-sized enemies provoke an attack of opportunity when they approach you. Waive that attack of opportunity for Channel the Storm. Easy attack and damage bonus on all your retaliatory attacks.

The Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit feats both cause attacking you to provoke an attack of opportunity from you, which you can then Channel the Storm instead of taking. Pick your poison; Robilar's Gambit can't be taken until 12th level (later if you enter Bloodclaw Master, which you should), while Karmic Strike requires Dodge and Combat Expertise (:smallyuk:). Either way, the more you get pummeled the stronger you get.

Using Fight the Horde:

Don't.

So as normal
2 Ranger/4 Warblade

Ranger Feats.
Favored Enemy:Human (long story)
Track
Animal empathy
Combat style:TWF

Warblade Feats.
Battle Clarity
Weap Apt
Uncanny Dodge
Battle Ardor

Taken Feats.
Weap Focus kukri
Endurance
Power Attack
Improved Critical

But at 5th level take Ironheart and aim for Stormguard asap? And full warblade levels all the way?

wizzy64
2014-08-05, 02:53 AM
Where should I throw Bloodclaw Master in?

Vhaidara
2014-08-05, 03:38 AM
Note: The Warblade and Ranger abilities are Class Features, not feats.

Improved Critical requires a +8 BAB.

Never take Improved TWF. There's a magic item in the Magic Item Compendium called Gloves of the Balanced Hand. If you have TWF, they give you ITWF for a few thousand gold.

Never, ever take Greater TWF. It seriously just isn't worth the Dex investment for an attack at (effectively) -10.

Shinken
2014-08-05, 05:12 AM
If you're going to get Endurance, you might as well go to Ranger 3.

Averis Vol
2014-08-05, 05:35 AM
If you want to focus on critical hits, look at the Disciple of Dispater prestige class. It improves your critical range from 15-20 to 9-20.
If you want cheese, take the Lightning Maces feat and use Aptitude kukris. Whenever you threaten a critical hit (aka almost always), you get another attack.

You can't take disciple of dispater without explicit permission from your DM. BoVD says on the front page that it is not for players.

To the OP. How about going right into bloodclaw master to get full str on your off hand attack, as well as some other nifty rage abilities. So maybe Ranger 2/Barb 1/ Warblade 3/bloodclaw master 4/ warblade x

Barb is for rage that stacks with shifting as well as grabbing you pounce.

Darrin
2014-08-05, 08:59 AM
Ranger Feats.
Favored Enemy:Human (long story)
Track
Animal empathy
Combat style:TWF

Consider throwing some Ranger ACFs in there. I like Trap Expert (Dungeonscape) to swap Tack for Trapfinding and Spiritual Connection (Complete Champion) to swap animal empathy for speak with animals/plants 3/day.

Taken Feats.
Weap Focus kukri
Steadfast determination
Power Attack
Improved Critical

As has already been mentioned, you don't qualify for some of these feats. Also, most of these feats don't help with TWF. In particular, Power Attack doesn't work with light weapons at all. Weapon Focus I'm "meh" on. I'd rather have Travel Devotion so I can move+full attack for 10 rounds 1/day. Actually, I'd rather have Travel Devotion twice or three times over on a TWF build.

Steadfast Determination doesn't help TWF, and you don't have (or need) Endurance, so I'd skip it. Improved Critical will be nice when you get BAB +8, but unless you dip Fighter exactly at level 8, you won't be able to get it until level 9. If you're worried about Will saves, then that's what Moment of Perfect Mind is for.

For feats, I would recommend:
Travel Devotion (1st)
Weapon Focus: Kukri (Human)
TWF (Ranger 2)
Knowledge Devotion (3rd)
Improved TWF (6th)

If you want more attacks:
Travel Devotion (1st)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Eagle's Claw (Human)
TWF (Ranger 2)
Eagle's Fury (Sandstorm)
Improved TWF (6th)

Or, if you prefer to keep Power Attack:
Travel Devotion (1st)
Power Attack (Human)
TWF (Ranger 2)
Oversize TWF (3rd) (dual wield scimitars + Power Attack)
Improved TWF (6th)

For your Warblade 5 feat, I'd take Combat Reflexes, which helps you qualify for Double Hit (Miniatures Handbook). As far as Ironhart Aura/Stormguard Warrior goes, I'm kinda "meh" on it. For Combat Rhythm, I'd rather full attack twice in a round than alternate between touch attacks on the first round and extra damage on the 2nd round. Channel the Storm is fun, but Warblade doesn't have enough feats to do it properly.

Maneuvers.
Sudden Leap
Wolf Fang Strike
Leading the attack
Tactical strike
Claw the moon

Stances.
Blood in water
Hunter Sense

If you're serious about TWF, you need to focus on boosts/counters and avoid standard-action strikes. Leading the Attack, Tactical Strike, and Claw at the Moon aren't helping you here. I would start with:

WB1: Wolf Fang Strike
WB1: Sudden Leap
WB1: Moment of Perfect Mind
WB1: Blood in the Water (Stance)
WB2: Wall of Blades
WB3: Mountain Hammer
WB4: Bolstering Voice (Stance)
WB4: Repalce Wolf Fang Strike -> White Raven Tactics

Some thoughts on stances: I actually prefer Punishing Stance at 1st level. You need to crit four times to get more damage out of Blood in the Water, and by that time the combat will probably be over. Punishing Stance gives you +3.5 damage on all your attacks from the get-go. Hunter's Sense can be useful, but it doesn't do anything for TWF. I'd rather just buy a dozen bags of flour (Dungeonscape) and some Torchbug Paste (Complete Scoundrel). You can pick up Hearing the Air later if you're that worried about invisible opponents. Bolstering Voice is just to qualify for White Raven Tactics, but sometimes it's nice to give the entire party a +2 bonus on Will saves or +4 bonus on fear saves, particularly if you know you're up against an opponent that has mind-affecting or fear-based abilities. If you have Travel Devotion + Pounce (via Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1), then take Leading the Charge instead.

Mountain Hammer is your Swiss Army Chainsaw. You can use it against creatures with high DR. Or you can use it to break through doors. Or tunnel walls. Or adamantine prison cells. Or against anything that you think could be aesthetically improved by chopping a hole in it.

wizzy64
2014-08-06, 03:35 AM
Consider throwing some Ranger ACFs in there. I like Trap Expert (Dungeonscape) to swap Tack for Trapfinding and Spiritual Connection (Complete Champion) to swap animal empathy for speak with animals/plants 3/day.

As has already been mentioned, you don't qualify for some of these feats. Also, most of these feats don't help with TWF. In particular, Power Attack doesn't work with light weapons at all. Weapon Focus I'm "meh" on. I'd rather have Travel Devotion so I can move+full attack for 10 rounds 1/day. Actually, I'd rather have Travel Devotion twice or three times over on a TWF build.

Steadfast Determination doesn't help TWF, and you don't have (or need) Endurance, so I'd skip it. Improved Critical will be nice when you get BAB +8, but unless you dip Fighter exactly at level 8, you won't be able to get it until level 9. If you're worried about Will saves, then that's what Moment of Perfect Mind is for.

For feats, I would recommend:
Travel Devotion (1st)
Weapon Focus: Kukri (Human)
TWF (Ranger 2)
Knowledge Devotion (3rd)
Improved TWF (6th)

If you want more attacks:
Travel Devotion (1st)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Eagle's Claw (Human)
TWF (Ranger 2)
Eagle's Fury (Sandstorm)
Improved TWF (6th)

Or, if you prefer to keep Power Attack:
Travel Devotion (1st)
Power Attack (Human)
TWF (Ranger 2)
Oversize TWF (3rd) (dual wield scimitars + Power Attack)
Improved TWF (6th)

For your Warblade 5 feat, I'd take Combat Reflexes, which helps you qualify for Double Hit (Miniatures Handbook). As far as Ironhart Aura/Stormguard Warrior goes, I'm kinda "meh" on it. For Combat Rhythm, I'd rather full attack twice in a round than alternate between touch attacks on the first round and extra damage on the 2nd round. Channel the Storm is fun, but Warblade doesn't have enough feats to do it properly.

If you're serious about TWF, you need to focus on boosts/counters and avoid standard-action strikes. Leading the Attack, Tactical Strike, and Claw at the Moon aren't helping you here. I would start with:

WB1: Wolf Fang Strike
WB1: Sudden Leap
WB1: Moment of Perfect Mind
WB1: Blood in the Water (Stance)
WB2: Wall of Blades
WB3: Mountain Hammer
WB4: Bolstering Voice (Stance)
WB4: Repalce Wolf Fang Strike -> White Raven Tactics

Some thoughts on stances: I actually prefer Punishing Stance at 1st level. You need to crit four times to get more damage out of Blood in the Water, and by that time the combat will probably be over. Punishing Stance gives you +3.5 damage on all your attacks from the get-go. Hunter's Sense can be useful, but it doesn't do anything for TWF. I'd rather just buy a dozen bags of flour (Dungeonscape) and some Torchbug Paste (Complete Scoundrel). You can pick up Hearing the Air later if you're that worried about invisible opponents. Bolstering Voice is just to qualify for White Raven Tactics, but sometimes it's nice to give the entire party a +2 bonus on Will saves or +4 bonus on fear saves, particularly if you know you're up against an opponent that has mind-affecting or fear-based abilities. If you have Travel Devotion + Pounce (via Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1), then take Leading the Charge instead.

Mountain Hammer is your Swiss Army Chainsaw. You can use it against creatures with high DR. Or you can use it to break through doors. Or tunnel walls. Or adamantine prison cells. Or against anything that you think could be aesthetically improved by chopping a hole in it.

Very well put on...EVERYTHING. :) Thanks for all the input