PDA

View Full Version : MLP: Roleplaying is Magic: Episodes IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Theoboldi
2014-08-05, 09:40 AM
Episode 1
The House of Enchanted Comics

Every now and then, ponyville becomes a busier town the usual. When town square fills up with various stalls and booths selling everything from grapes to horseshoes, and travelling merchants come through town, offering exotic gadgets and gizmos, everypony seems to be enjoying themselves on market day.

Today's market, however, is holding a quite unusual guest. Parked just on the edge of the ongoing activities, rests a large wagon that has been pulled here by several large, muscled stallions, a ramp leading up to an entrance in the side. A sign above it spells out the name of this strange establishment: 'Page Turner's House of Enchanted Comics'. From the outside, you’d be forgiven for believing that the place was closed, with windows completely blocked by massive stacks of precariously balanced comic books, and blinds drawn tightly over the door. Only the occasional exit of a group of excited patrons and a small sign reading “Open: Limit 6 customers” betray the fact that the shop is open.

The six of you have happened to make your way here, allured by the things you have heard about the arcane literature offered in these places. The few guests in line before you had gone in a short while ago, leaving you some time to chat with the others in line to get in.

Hazuki
2014-08-05, 10:03 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Having roused from her sleep early in the morning, Sleepy's eyes are wide awake as they skitter over the comics that line the windows of the wagon. Her heart pounds gently in her chest at the thought of finally being able to see what's inside the den of curious paper-bound artifacts, not for the sheer fascination of a new thing to pass her time, but to be able to get a chance to figure out what magic is at work.

She could just try to use her magic to analyze the spells within, but the last time she did that, she got a stern talking to from another pony attending the market. So she simply loiters around the outside of the busy wagon, occasionally checking her hooves for detritus, fidgeting with the scarf elegantly draped around her neck, or making sure that she doesn't look too silly in front of everyone else. She'd made herself look good specifically so other ponies wouldn't be afraid to talk with her.

It's been a a few hours since the market day started, and she's realized by now that she needs to start talking first. So she looks to the pony closest to her and attempts to give them the slightest smile she can. Doesn't want to seem too enthusiastic.

"Excuse me." Sleepy waits for the pony to look at her, as she greets them in a subtle Canterlot accent. "Do you know anything about the books here?" She tilts her horns towards the wagon. "This is the first I've heard of them, but I don't get out much." She laughs nervously. "Not that I don't want to, but...well, you know. Magic."

Derjuin
2014-08-05, 11:26 AM
Morning Star

Full of vim for the day after having made sure everything was just right with her appearance, Morning Star was drawn to the cart of comic books. Normally, she wasn't one for such trivialities as comics, but something about the flair in the shop's name - House of Enchanted Comics - drew her in. When a curious unicorn spoke up, she turned and gave her a half-shrouded smile.

"Salut, Sleepy Tyme! How do you fare on this fine day?" She gives Sleepy a chance to respond, before continuing. "I, unfortunately, don't know much about them myself. Part of the reason I'm here is to satisfy my curiosity - I'm simply entranced with the possibilities of 'enchanted comics'. Now, normally I'd not put on a big to-do about comics, but anything enchanted is sure to be interesting, non?"

She raises a hoof to the sky, leaning against Sleepy. "Why, it could be anything! Moving pictures? Sound? Both? It could be like a play, right in front of your eyes!" She chuckled, bringing her hoof back down. "But I suppose we won't know until we see for ourselves."

Hazuki
2014-08-05, 11:43 AM
Sleepy Tyme

The unicorn stares back at Morning Star for a few moments as she gives her an enthusiastic greeting, her eyes brightening up as she recognizes the golden mane.

"Hell, Morning. I'm fine, like the day, I suppose." She answers, her voice given some strength thanks to the confidence that seems to exude from the mare before her. The little speech that follows is something she's all too willing to endure, watching the subtle movements in the pony's posture as she illuminates her thoughts. She's about to nod when the shorter mare leans against her, her instincts begging her to pull away, but settle for standing a bit stiffly.

"I was hoping for something even more special." Sleepy stares at the path left by Morning Star's hoof across the sky, her voice lowering to a more conspiratory whisper as she shares her theory. "Something like entering the world of the comics. I mean, almost anypony...unicorn, can conjure illusions. But jumping into a comic would be so much better You could even mantle the ponies in it...become Daring Do for a day!"

DigoDragon
2014-08-05, 12:12 PM
Reuben Rye

"I'd prefer something a bit more urban myself," Reuben said after hearing the conversation thus far. "Running rooftop-to-rooftop? That sounds like fun. Oh, and gadgets. I'm partial to heroes with neat little toys." He wondered if the little shop carried anything of the sort.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-05, 12:20 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight Sonnet hums a simple tune as she waits in line but, upon noticing that the mares behind her are having a conversation, she turns about and interjects that "Being Daring Do sounds like the euphoria would wear off rather quickly. Personally I think blades on a pendulum would be rather hard to find fun if I were in her shoes. Lovely morning, isn't it Ms. Star, Ms. Tyme?" She flips her crimson mane out of her eyes and giggles sweetly as she notices a certain stallion joining in. "And hello to you as well, Ser Reuben."

She stands, rather unadorned, in front of Morning Star in line and smiles beatifically thanks to finding someone to talk to that isn't gawking at her or requesting a song. As much as she likes to sing, she likes to think she's more than a pretty songbird.

RCgothic
2014-08-05, 12:41 PM
Autumn Gale

Autumn Gale flits down to a perfect landing at the back of the queue. "Hey Reuben, girls," she greets, bumping hooves with Morning Star and Sunlight Sonnet.

"I didn't know you had today off Reuben! Your Pa got the shop today? He'll be rushed off his hooves in a crowd like this!"

She looks around, taking in the store front for the first time - apparently having landed to say hi and not out of any prior knowledge of enchanted comics.

"What's this? I didn't know you guys were into this sort of thing! And to think I've been hiding my stash of original Fire Drakes all this time!"

She nudges Sunlight Sonnet in the ribs with a cheeky grin, before realising two other ponies were actually part of this conversation. "Oh! Hi there! I don't think I've met you guys before. I'm Autumn Gale!"

She holds out a hoof to Sleepy Tyme and Brass Monocle in turn, before wrapping a conspiratorial wing around each of them.

"Pinkie Pie does know you're here right? She can get a little excited about new ponies."

DigoDragon
2014-08-05, 01:34 PM
Reuben Rye

"Good morning, Sleepy Autumn Morning Sunlight," that stallion said in a weird Mnemonic phrase of names. "And don't worry Autumn, I'm sure my Pops will be alright managing the shop. He's the one that got me interested in some of these comics anyway, so I'm just following in his hoofsteps."

Hazuki
2014-08-05, 01:44 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy is about to speak with every reply that comes her way, a comparative horde of ponies joining the conversation as soon as she's finished whispering to Morning Star, but each time another one shows up, and her mouth bobs open and closed like a fish. It's only once Reuben, one of the many names she's managed to be reminded of simply by being within the vicinity of a whirlwind of name-dropping, speaks again that she finds an opportunity.

She just about manages to awkwardly half-hoof-bump Autumn Gale before another barely-acquaintance is touching her. Leaned against on one side, hugged by a Pegasus wing on the other, the lanky unicorn rattles off her reply as quickly as she can.

"HiSunlightandReubenandGaleandthedayisniceandIlikeg adgetstooandI'veactuallybeenhereforawhilebuthanksa nyway!" She blinks and takes a slightly deeper breath. "Oh, and um, I'm Sleepy Tyme." She adds with a lopsided smile to Autumn. Uncertain of how to return a Pegasus wing-hug, her horn glows with a gentle emerald light that takes the form of a wing and wraps around Autumn.

RCgothic
2014-08-05, 03:02 PM
"Huh, I wouldn't have thought." she says thoughtfully, trying to picture Reuben Rye's father as a comic reader. Then she cringes with embarrassment about having warned a Ponyville resident about Pinky Pie, even as she can't help but smile at Sleepy Tyme's adorkableness.

"I guess you don't need to be warned about Pinkie Pie then! Nice to meet you, ST. Oh hey, that's pretty neat! You know it's traditional to hug back, but wow, that works too!" She grins at Sunlight Sonnet, revelling in an equestria-first magical wing-hug.

DigoDragon
2014-08-05, 03:18 PM
Reuben Rye

"Yep, Ponyville is a real friendly little place. That's what I like about living here."

Dudeons
2014-08-05, 04:32 PM
So sorry about not posting sooner. Me and my mother were out shopping ever since 10 this morning, and I haven't had a chance to post until now.

Brass Monocle

Brass Monocle walks through the market, observing the various stalls that were set up. Nobody had need of his services as of late, so he was taking a walk due to the nice weather. Brass's attention is captured by an especially large stall set up on the edge of the marketplace, it's sign calling it the 'House of Enchanted Comics'. Normally, Brass had little interest in comic books, but since it was new he decided to take a look inside. Brass trots over to the line outside. A sign says 'Open: Limit 6 customers'.

"How odd," Brass thinks, "Why would there be a limit on people going into a comic book store?"

Brass, having his interest truly piqued, looks about the line. Brass knew a lot of the ponies in town, but his thoughts were fixated upon this stall instead.

DigoDragon
2014-08-05, 05:18 PM
"How odd," Brass thinks, "Why would there be a limit on people going into a comic book store?"

Reuben Rye

"Maybe to control traffic? It's not a big shop and they probably don't want any of the little foals snatching comics to read without paying."

Theoboldi
2014-08-05, 06:00 PM
It is at that moment that the door of the wagon opens up, six little fillies storming out, each carrying at least one of the fabled magical comic books. You barely get a look at them, before they have stormed passed you in their excitement, prattling amongst each other.

"Did you see how I took down that giant monster?"
"Yeah! It's like I was right there!"
"Pfft...Everypony can take down big stupid monsters. I'm the one who got us past the vamponies."

Before you can hear anything more, they are out of sight, undoubtedly on their way back home to read through whatever they have purchased. As such, the six of you move on inside the shop, where you are immediately greeted with a very strong, but not entirely unpleasant smell of paper and wood. Surrounding you are stacks upon stacks of comic books, boxes filled with them littering the floor, the walls covered in shelves overflowing with them. You are not sure how many there are, but the shop certainly is not lacking in quantity.

Behind you, there is a flash of magic as the door is closed by a telekinetic force, leaving the inside of the wagon illuminated by several fashionably placed lamps. A quick look around reveals the source of the magic, as nestled in a corner, behind what might be the smallest front desk you've ever seen, stands a brightly yellow unicorn mare, greeting you with a friendly wave.

“Ah!” the Unicorn says. “The next group of customers is here already! Welcome, welcome, to the house of Enchanted Comics! I’m Page Turner, shopkeeper and artificer extraordinaire. Is there any sort of specific genre you’re looking for today?"

Hazuki
2014-08-05, 06:15 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy's magic-wing flickers slightly as it's revealed that she's managed to mess up returning a hug in the simplest way, but remains wrapped around Autumn Gale when she grins and responses with enthusiasm. Either trying to use magic to solve everything really works, or the Pegasus mare happens to be really nice, either of which is fine by the Unicorn.

"Thanks." She beams, keeping her wing there for a few moments before releasing it, lest she overstep the hug-duration boundary with the pony she's just met. Then she'd make herself look silly in front of at least five other ponies, and would have to bury her face in the nearest stack of comic books. But, for that moment, she was too busy being happy about her accomplishment in socializing that she forgets to actually reply to Autumn.

Then the fillies come rushing out, she gives an awkward cough, and tilts her head at their passing, and it seems all too much like her theory on the comics is right! She didn't even have to use magic this time! As they walk into the store, her eyes glance over the stacks of books, the smell not particularly bothersome considering her home has plenty of filled shelves. Then the banana-colored mare suddenly pops out against the dismal grey of closed pages and makes her startle slightly.

"...magic?" She offers weakly to Page Turner.

DigoDragon
2014-08-05, 06:55 PM
Reuben Rye

The stallion looked around at the stacks of comics. "Nice digs you got here," he complimented. "I'm a bit of a light-weight on the comic scene, but I was thinking of heroes with gadgets. No specific genre comes to mind though." Reuben looked through the stacks for anything fitting his idea.

Dudeons
2014-08-05, 07:26 PM
Brass Monocle

Brass Monocle sees the doors open, six little fillies trotting past the group and carrying comic books. Based on their conversation, it sounds like the comics perform some kind of reality simulation, hinted at by the 'Enchanted' epithet this shop carried. Brass follows the group inside, looking about at the huge stock of comic books within. The mare Page Turner appears and welcomes them, giving Brass some things to think about. First off, for an 'extraordinaire', Page Turner wasn't a name that he recognized, in spite of his efforts to be socially aware. Second, her question of genre. Brass hadn't read comic books, except for a few rare occasions. Since he could quite literally be living a comic book, Brass doesn't want to choose something at random. He looks about the comic shop, trying to find something that caught his eye.

Theoboldi
2014-08-05, 08:44 PM
Brass' skilled eyes quickly scurry over the vast offers surrounding him, reading title after title. Despite his limited knowledge regarding comics, he soon notices that this stores somehow manages to contain books of nearly any genre one can think of, from regular superhero material, over spy fiction, all the way to strange independent art experiments. He is about to take a closer look at some of the title, when all of a sudden, Page Turner speaks up again, voice chipper as ever.

"Aha! I see what's going on here!" Jumping up, she leans towards her customers over the counter. "You're all newbies to the comic scene. Don't you worry, we've all been there. Ain't nothing to be embarrassed about. Everypony has to start their hobby somewhere, right? Speaking off, I can't really blame you for not knowing what to read first. There's a lot to choose from. You know what? I'll let you take a look at a few books for free. Maybe it'll help you figure what exactly you want to read."

She points to the wall behind you, lined with superhero comics stacked around the new feature book. "Of course, we have the classic cape capers, including this great new volume of 'Mutants and Maresterminds' in just last week. If you’re looking for a little bit of magic, we have the newest 'Ars Unicornia' available over here, in the magic section. And if you’re looking for something with a little more, *ahem* bite, we’ve got a great new 'Whinnystrad' book right over there in the horror section. Just give one of them a whirl, see what floats your boat."

Derjuin
2014-08-05, 09:08 PM
Morning Star

Morning Star placed a hoof to her chin, giving a thoughtful "Hmmm...". Her mind jumps between various ponies she might not mind being, though she preferred herself in most circumstances; but then it settled on one unicorn in particular. Yes, she might not mind being that particularly lovely unicorn. She giggled silently as the group entered the shop, a little excited.

"Bonjour," she offers to Page Turner, browsing the collection within. She had no idea what to look for, but she knew what she liked in a story, so maybe she would try to find something akin to that. As Page Turner offers them some suggestions, she claps her hooves together happily. Morning Star turned to the other ponies with her, holding up a hoof. "Well, how about light-hearted fantasy? Something not too heavy?" She liked her stories like she liked her coffee - light, sweet and fanciful.

DigoDragon
2014-08-05, 09:53 PM
Reuben Rye

At the shop keep's advice, Reuben picked up a copy of Mutants and Maresterminds. A couple pages perusal should give him a good idea if it's interesting enough to purchase. A 'light-hearted fantasy' was a bit slow sounding, but he didn't want to judge.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-06, 04:28 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

Since she didn't know all of what was going on in this "comic scene", Sunlight settled for looking over Reuben's shoulder as he read Mutants and Maresterminds. She pipes up for the conversation about genre, saying "I think light-hearted fantasy would be wonderful indeed. Though we already live in a world of magic and dragons, if you think about it."

RCgothic
2014-08-06, 05:58 AM
Relinquishing her wing hug as the store opens, Autumn Gale steps aside for the fillies before following the others inside.

I'm a bit of a light-weight on the comic scene, but I was thinking of heroes with gadgets. No specific genre comes to mind though."

"Sounds like you'd be really into Iron Mare! An earth pony, Stark Contrasts, builds herself a suit of flying armour using nothing more than skill and ingenuity and uses it to save Princess Celestia from the return of Nightmare Moon! Of course it was written before the actual return of Nightmare Moon. I used to idolize her as a kid. Iron Mare, that is! Not Nightmare Moon!" She hurriedly corrects."Although I hear Princess Luna's pretty badflank. I think I'd read any story that featured her..." Autumn Gale tails off thoughtfully, no doubt mentally crafting the first storyline in The New Adventures of Princess Luna herself.

"Aha! I see what's going on here!" Jumping up, she leans towards her customers over the counter. "You're all newbies to the comic scene. Don't you worry, we've all been there. Ain't nothing to be embarrassed about. Everypony has to start their hobby somewhere, right?

Gale nearly comments that she's not quite as new as all that, but decided not to. Enchanted comics are actually something new to her, and she's happy to take the advice. Looking around the ponies in the shop work her she's struck by a sudden idea. "Do you have something we could all experience together?"

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 06:42 AM
"Sounds like you'd be really into Iron Mare! An earth pony, Stark Contrasts, builds herself a suit of flying armour using nothing more than skill and ingenuity and uses it to save Princess Celestia from the return of Nightmare Moon! Of course it was written before the actual return of Nightmare Moon. I used to idolize her as a kid. Iron Mare, that is! Not Nightmare Moon!" She hurriedly corrects."Although I hear Princess Luna's pretty badflank. I think I'd read any story that featured her..." Autumn Gale tails off thoughtfully, no doubt mentally crafting the first storyline in The New Adventures of Princess Luna herself.

"Now that sounds extra interesting," Reuben said. "Thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for that comic."

Hazuki
2014-08-06, 06:50 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme idles over to the small desk that Page Turner sits at, green eyes flickering over the other ponies as they immediately set about flicking through the comics and chatting about ones they're already aware of. She gives a glance at the fast-talking yellow mare and bites her lip as she wonders whether she should even try to start talking, when it seems like the merchant can jump into a sales pitch in the blink of an eye. But she's already spoken to a bunch of ponies today, so she takes a chance.

"Excuse me, Page Turner? May I please cast a spell on one of these comic books to know the magic better?"

Dudeons
2014-08-06, 07:04 AM
Brass Monocle

Brass was looking about, impressed by the sheer variety of these comic books. He didn't quite fancy anything in particular, so he welcomed Page Turner's recommendations. Seeing Reuben pick up the Mutants and Maresterminds comic book, Brass decides to take a look over Reuben's shoulder to see if it was any good.

Theoboldi
2014-08-06, 09:29 AM
As you ask her more questions, Page, spends a few moments in thought, trying to think of whether she has a book that would fit your description. "A little group adventure? With a good dash of fantasy? I think I may have just what you're looking for!" With a joyful grin, she ducks behind the counter, rummaging through whatever comics she may have there.

Of course, before she can reemerge, Reuben opens up a copy of 'Mutants and Maresterminds'. For the first couple of seconds, nothing appears to happen, him just looking down at what appears to be an average issue of superhero antics. Suddenly, however, something begins to happen. Tiny sparks of magic begin erupting all around the comic, becoming more and more numerous, before the whole book begins to glow like a show of fireworks.

Page Turner looks up from her search, almost unfazed by what is happening. "Oh, I really should have told you. The group adventures have a pretty big activation radius." Before you hear anything more from her, the world disappears in a flash of blue, as you feel your bodies being moved into a far away place. For the next couple of moments, it's as though you are falling through an empty, blue void, where only the six of you exist. Soon enough, the sensation fades away, as does the light surrounding you.

As the light fades from your eyes, you find yourselves in a massive city on a bright summer’s day. Ponies of all kinds stroll along, enjoying the fine weather. Almost immediately as you get your bearings, one thing stands out immediately. Whatever you were wearing before has been replaced with a fancy new outfit, straight from the pages of your favorite superhero comic.

Feel free to chose your superpowers. One per pony only, though.

Dudeons
2014-08-06, 12:00 PM
Brass Monocle

Brass was about to try reading the comic book along with Reuben when the showering of sparks began. Brass stepped back, weary of what could come out of this book. Suddenly, there was a flash of blue, and the shop seemed to vanish. Brass remembers falling, moving at high speed through a blue void. After a while, Brass finds himself on solid ground. He gets to his feet, his keen eyes searching the area around him. He appears to be in some sort of city, but not one that he knew of.

"This must be the reality simulation spell I suspected," Brass thinks as he observes his surroundings, "And since we're here, we'll - what's this!?"

Brass' thoughts were interrupted when he looked down at himself. He seemed to be wearing a white jumpsuit underneath a crimson coat that's buttoned up with brass buttons. Brass looks down at the buttons, polished bright enough to see his own reflection. In the distorted image, he sees that he's wearing goggles. Brass focused a little more on the button and lifts the goggles, and suddenly a burst of red light flashed in front of him. A narrow beam of red energy shot out from where Brass's eyes were, bouncing off the button and hitting a wall, leaving a formidable burn mark in solid brick. Brass looks back, seeing the other people in the comic shop wearing similarly outlandish getup. He puts the goggles back on, vaguely remembering some comic where a character was able to intercept laser beams with specially treated glass. He doesn't focus too hard on any one thing in case this isn't the case, but he tries to see what the others are doing and if they got any 'powers' of their own.

Calling dibs on laser vision as power. Probably don't need to call dibs on it, but eh.

Hazuki
2014-08-06, 12:26 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme is patiently waiting for her question to be answered, a little twist in her gut strengthening with each passing moment as she worries more and more about what would happen if the yellow mare never answered her question. Or if she'd offended her, or the unicorn simply hadn't heard it, and what she should do no matter what the case is! She could ask again, but that could be considered a faux pas, and in front of so many people...

Then she's falling through a void that her magic, for the moment, can't seem to touch with its pleasant emerald glow, and her helplessly flailing form lands surprisingly elegantly upon the paved sidewalk. She flicks her hair away from her eyes, immensely lengthened and poofed up, then narrows them as she looks down at her own hoof. Her hair seems to have extended over it like some kind of bodysuit, clinging tightly to every inch of her form like it's made by some insanely competent tailor - it stretches all over her lanky pony form, until it reaches up to her behind - which has been tightly wrapped up and almost emphasized in the outfit change.

Then her hooves, clad in the same material, but with their backs propped up by what seem to be...extra horns? That make her even taller than normal. "Wh..." Sleepy mumbles, stepping forwards clumsily and finding that, instead of a shuffle, she's strutted forward and swayed her rear high in the air. "This is so gross..." She quivers, flicking her head to the side and then yelling as her horn makes a mechanical clicking noise, followed by a massive bang!

Every movement either shooting a horn-gun, making her strut around like some kind of leather-clad biker pony, the disoriented Sleepy resolves to simply flop to the ground, her hair covered her eyes as the change affects even that! Her hooves splayed on the ground, her pony-rump in the air, and her grunt of discomfort coming out like a seductress.

"Heeeeeeeeelp!"

She's Bayonetta, whose superpower is shooting lots of guns and being sexualized.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 12:35 PM
Reuben Rye

"Wow, that was some trip!" the stallion commented. He looked himself over and found that his usual dark vest was replaced by a blue suit with white stripes and an orange sun symbol on his chest. "What in Equestria is-"

His train of thought was interrupted by Brass' sudden laser vision going off. Reuben tripped over backwards and landed on his butt. Something fell off his back and clattered to the ground. He turned and picked it up. It was a round shield with the same color scheme and sun on it. The sudden bang snapped him back to attention. "Whoa, we could seriously hurt somepony with these!" He got up to help Sleepy... somehow? He offers a hoof to pick her back up.

OOC
Calling Captain America's 'Super soldier Strength'. The shield is cool, but I think Steve roger's official power is super-human-pony strength? :smallsmile:

Derjuin
2014-08-06, 01:22 PM
Morning Star

"Eeyaaah!" Morning Star cried as the vortex pulled her in, flailing her legs entirely ungracefully. Next thing she knew, however, she was standing in a cityscape of some kind - certainly nothing like Ponyville. Oh! This must be what they meant by being in the comic! She found herself wrapped in some kind of strange, skin-tight fabric which really wasn't her style, though...

Though she hadn't noticed it immediately, her left eye was already shut, as her mane had somehow been magically contained within a strange golden skullcap. "What is this dreadful fashion statement?" she mused to herself, trying to gauge the outfit with just one eye. She'd done so before, but usually with the help of a mirror. "I don't feel different at all," Morning Star murmurs, ducking reflexively as Brass's laser rebounds and scorches a nearby building, and then a loud BANG! sends her heart into a flutter. With an eye wide, she stands back up, a bit shaken. She offers a hoof to help Sleepy up, feeling awful for her. Her own outfit looked bad, but Sleepy's looked painful.

"I was hoping I'd end up looking more like... Fleur..." she mutters under her breath, then sighs; suddenly, her shape changes into that of the supermodel from Canterlot, though still in the newly acquired garb. Her shape rapidly changes back to normal as she shrugs, apparently not noticing her "power". "C'est la vie, I'll just be fabulous-old-me, then."

Shapeshifting powers, go! Also, her outlandish outfit (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/xilobucket/lokiquestionmark_zps6de043ee.png).

Batpope Scott
2014-08-06, 01:53 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

The sparks and glowing give enough warning of what's about to happen for Sunlight. "Oh my..."

The new place they stand in reminds her a lot of where she came from, though something was a bit off. "Are we in Manehattan? Can't be, nothing looks right..." Sunlight's train of thought is disrupted by her new outfit, a sage green vest with a matching archer's cap and superhero mask. With the quiver at her side and the bow on her back, she had a good idea what her abilities were.

As she begins excitedly trotting in place, she gives out a loud squee and states "This is the cutest thing ever! Oh... Oh my, Sleepy Tyme are you alright?" She calms down and helps Reuben get the distraught unicorn to her feet.

In case nobody's noticed, that's Green Arrow. Who I can't seem to think of a pony name for.

Hazuki
2014-08-06, 02:24 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"Thank you..." Sleepy Tyme accepts the three helpful hooves as she's pulled back to her feet, into a relatively more graceful pose as she stares about the neighborhood that surrounds them. Rather than linger on her gross outfit of pervosity, she stares over the skyscrapers and chews softly on her bottom lip for a few moments. "There's probably crime somewhere, if we're dressed like this..." She intuits. "Maybe we should find it?"

In her own little head, she's actively trying not to blush at herself, and thinking of how nice the outfits of the other ponies are. A little smile comes to her face as she realizes that they're enjoying themselves, even if she isn't.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 02:29 PM
Reuben Rye

"Huh... that's actually an idea," Reuben said. "Maybe that's what those foals meant that left the trailer before we entered. They lived out a little heroic fantasy, and now it's out turn to kick some flank. This is totally awesome! So where should we look?"

RCgothic
2014-08-06, 02:32 PM
Autumn Gale

A trip through a featureless void doesn't present too much of a problem for a pegasus, and Autumn touches down lightly when the world reasserts itself. Her eyes are immediately drawn upwards by the towering skyscrapers, nothing like what can be found in Ponyville, and for a few glorious moments she feels the anticipation of soaring on eddies between them. Oh this is going to be GOOD!

Her attention is drawn back sharply by the sudden bang, and she discovers she's wearing a skintight blue catsuit, with dark shoulders, black boots and a white circle bearing a 'T' on her left breast. The Equine Torch? I haven't read that one since I was was little! What was her catch phrase again? Fire? Fire! Fire now! Fire Go! No, that's not it. Flame! Ah yes, I remember...

"FLAME ON!"

Gale's body explodes into roaring flame! She spreads her incandescent wings and roaring updrafts tug at her primaries. Angling them slightly buoys her up on a column of rising air and she effortlessly floats up before extinguishing the flames and dropping unharmed to the pavement.

"Wowee! That was invigorating!" It's only now that she takes in the appearance of the others, managing not to laugh at most of them, though she can't help but snigger at Morning Star's get-up. And then suddenly she's Fleur. And then not. "Uh, Star, you do realise what just happened, right?"

At Sleepy and Reuben's comments, Autumn responds with a laugh. "Don't worry, the way these stories usually work all we'll have to do is wait!"

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 02:34 PM
"Whoa, somepony's hot to trot," Reuben said, lifting his shield reflexively against the flames.

RCgothic
2014-08-06, 03:49 PM
Autumn Gale

"Heh, you think so? Flame on!"

Autumn then does a flaming pony moonwalk, revelling and showing off her new superpower.

Hazuki
2014-08-06, 04:43 PM
Sleepy Tyme

The black mare takes half a step backwards as Autumn arrives on the scene with a vibrant and pyromaniacal display, head tilted to the side to shield herself from the excess heat that rolls through the air. Though whatever magic controls their costume-changes also causes her to pose her leg seductively, her hair-suit shifting momentarily into the form of a skirt that rolls with the breeze before settling into the catsuit again.

As Autumn lands, she gives a small smile and asks in a voice as quiet as possible. "Want to trade?"

Theoboldi
2014-08-06, 04:53 PM
As you test out your superpowers, several of the ponies around you stop in their tracks, excitedly watching the display of their favorite superheroes. While, after witnessing Brass' accidental vandalism, they seem too scared to come any closer, they still cheer for you from afar, calling you by various superhero names such as Captain Equestria, or the Equine Torch.

Sadly, your moment of fame and merriment does not last for long, as suddenly a chill wind overtakes the city. The air suddenly cools down by several degrees, feeling as though it suddenly is a cold winter's day and in the distance you can see a wave of snow, flowing through the air and starting to cover the buildings in an icy white blanket. Amidst the strange phenomenon of weather, a blimp rises in the air, seemingly unfazed by the forces of nature impacting on its surface.

As it flies above the tallest skyscrapers, blotting out Celestia's sun like a foreboding omen, a voice blares out from the sinister contraption, roaring and self-aggrandizing.

"Ice to see you again, foalish citizens of Mettrotpolis! I, Windigo, will soon rule this city in my icy grip! Feel free to bring your offerings, tributes, and other assorted grovelling to my lair at the Mettrotpolis Skating Rink, or risk getting left out in the cold! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!"

At this, around you breaks out general pandemonium, as the citizens attempt to get themselves to the safety of their own homes.

RCgothic
2014-08-06, 05:11 PM
Autumn Gale

Gale barely has time to register Sleepy Tyme's comment -Why would she want to swap when she looks like that? She thinks appreciatively. And I bet it wouldn't fit anyway, her lesser known fashion sense chips in with a self-critical and disparaging regard for their respective figures - before pandemonium breaks loose and the relative virtues of their costumes is forgotten.

"See, I told you trouble would find us!" Autumn shoots a grin at Sleepy and Reuben, before striking a heroic pose and shooting into the sky like ascendant meteor intercept the bad guy.

"You might as well give it up, Windigo! Your nefarious schemes can never succeed whilst WE protect Maretropolis! Or did you so enjoy our last beat down that you thought you'd come back for more?", The Equine Torch challenges him with more than a hint of bravado, Autumn Gale slipping easily into role.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 05:19 PM
Reuben

"The Mettrotpolis Skating Rink, eh?" Reuben said. "Well if this is our moment, then let's make it count. To the skating rink!" He was about to sprint off down the street, but then realized something rather important. He sheepishly looks at his fellow heroes.

"Um... anypony know which way is the rink?"

Theoboldi
2014-08-06, 06:48 PM
While it does appear that Autumn's speech manages to calm down some of the more panic stricken ponies in the surrounding area, it quickly becomes clear that neither Windigo, nor his minions are close enough to hear any of it. Still, the nearby citizens are quite impressed by it.

None of you have an exact idea of how to get to the Skating, though you figure that it should be easy to figure out the way to a landmark like that, however you are going to do it.

Hazuki
2014-08-06, 06:54 PM
Sleepy Tyme

The unicorn gazes up at the sky with wide eyes as she watches the rudimentary creature of ice and puns soar across the sky, the buildings nearby practically painted white as Autumn soars up at the sky to boast at the no-longer-present foe while Reuben ponders the directions to the skating rink.

"Um, we could just follow it..." Sleepy Tyme quietly points out. "It flies, so it doesn't need to follow roads, so we can just follow the direction it was traveling in and get to the rink." She pauses, sheepishly biting her lip again and instead accidentally turning it into a seductive gaze at nobody in particular, a sweet little moan sweeping her lungs.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 07:19 PM
Reuben

"Oh yeah, that would make sense, Tyme," Reuben said. "If you got wings or any powers to fly, might also be a good idea to use them so that we could spot the Rink sooner, or any weirdness that this Windigo feller throws our way."

Batpope Scott
2014-08-06, 07:25 PM
Sunlight gives a half-hearted smile at Sleepy's moans, unsure what to make of the display, and states "I'm going to try something crazy, sweetheart, so bear with me."

With that, she walks over to the gawking bystanders and asks loudly to the crowd, "Would any of you care to give me directions to the skate rink? A short way to get there would be much appreciated."

I'd guess this'd be a some form of Persuasion if it's a roll at all?

If I'm right, it should be Heart and probably falls under my Charismatic Talent. [roll0]

Theoboldi
2014-08-06, 08:22 PM
Right on the money. It's a heart check to get some information from the panic-stricken and fearful citizens. You'd normally have one disadvantage from them being terrified, but I'll rule that Autumn's speech cancels that out with an Advantage. The DC was 10, so you're way past it. :smallbiggrin:

Sunlights words do their magic, and several of the bystanders stop dead in their tracks, confused at first that their heroes wouldn't know the city they live to protect. Finally, one of them speaks up, sounding rather enthusiastic. "Of course we'll help our heroes!"

"Yeah! Windigo's not gonna get away this time!"

"Go down that street and then four blocks to the right!"

"It's right where his airship came from!"

"That grey mare is really hot."

Soon enough, you have a pretty decent idea of where to go, even having overheard a few shortcuts. Meanwhile, the cold air is starting to become increasingly freezing. In the distance, you can windows covering in ice and snow covering the streets. It appears that the comic is trying to tell you that time is low.

Derjuin
2014-08-06, 08:52 PM
Morning Star

Shrugging to Autumn, she is about to respond when the weather changes suddenly and this 'Windigo' fellow makes his announcement. Morning Star gives her own gasp of surprise, but instead of joining in running about in havoc, she feels the urge to fight him and his machinations. She pauses as one of the citizens on the street apparently identifies her as "Okiedoki Loki".

At Reuben's suggestion, she begins to wonder. "Perhaps my power is flight?" she questions, and suddenly a pair of bat wings manifest just above her front shoulders. Her nose curls up - even more than it already does! - and a pair of fuzzy ears pop out from under the horned cap on her head. The strange sensation of suddenly having new appendages spooks her for a moment, when she realizes that she was just thinking of the filly-tales she read as a foal and the mysterious 'bat-ponies' from a far off kingdom.

Heeding the citizens' directions, Morning Star makes a charging motion with her hoof. "Let us away, super pony friends! Merci, citizens of Mettrotpolis, and rest easy - your saviors are on the case!" She gnaws at the scenery, giving it the best of her ham.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 09:02 PM
Reuben

"Let's give this Windigo the warm hoof of justice!" He runs along with his fellow heroes toward the rink.

Hazuki
2014-08-06, 09:08 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Bowing her head slightly and instinctively growing a darker shade of grey, Sleepy Tyme tries her best to ignore the comment from the member of the crowd, rushing after her fellow "heroes" as quickly as she can on her delicate horn-heels, her mane flowing freely behind her in slow-motion while her leather-clad flank bounces freely in the breeze.

"What they said!"

Dudeons
2014-08-06, 09:15 PM
Brass Monocle

Brass looks about the area, having just witnessed the others reveal bizarre powers and seeing the blimp holding the Windigo. The Windigo spoke of going to the Mettrotpolis (a ridiculous name, if you ask him) Skating Rink. Given the villain's blustering method of transport, he couldn't be hard to track. Seeing snow form on the roofs of buildings as Windigo passes over them, Brass immediately realizes how easy it would be to follow him. Estimating Windigo's current speed and observing his direction, Brass would have no trouble knowing which way he went. Unfortunately, Brass's power did not allow him to fly, and he would have to go on hoof to track Windigo. Seeing the others getting directions from other ponies, Brass follows after the group.

Theoboldi
2014-08-06, 09:35 PM
Brass makes a short attempt to follow the blimp, but to his trained eye it quickly becomes apparent that the airship itself does not seem to be the source of the snowstorm engulfing the city. Indeed, it appears to be coming from the very direction the citizens pointed out leads to the Skating Rink. Whether Windigo himself is aboard that ship or not, whatever is creating this terrifying climate has to be there.

Realizing the location of the true threat, your party of six swiftly makes its way towards the rink, running as fast as your hooves allow. You arrive faster than expected, mostly owing to the fact that in this comic reality, the distances between blocks seem to be much smaller than in real life. And luckily, it appears that you have chosen the correct target.

Mettrotpolis Skating Rink has been converted to house a twisted, icy palace. In the center of the arena sits a massive machine with an antenna resembling a massive unicorn horn, glowing with an icy blue aura. Surrounding and maintaining the machine are a panoply of parka’d ponies, attending to the machine while the unicorn inside, with a chilly blue coat and no sign of a mane, barks orders through a series of television screens.

As you enter the rink, the unicorn in the machine looks up to you and grins. “Ah, if you’re here to deliver tribute, it’s the second door to the left. If you’re another set of interlopers, feel free to strike the pose you want to be frozen in when you join the others in my collection of new ice sculptures. Actually, just stick with that second one. Henchponies, seize them!”

You realize that his voice is the same one you have been hearing over loudspeakers only minutes ago. This must be Windigo himself! Hesitating for only a moment at the sight of the obvious superheroes, the six henchponies open fire on you with their ice rays.

Reactions to avoid taking damage from everyone.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 10:05 PM
Reuben

"Now this is a cold reception!" Reuben said as he tumbled out of the way. The stallion rolled back up to his hooves and struck a pose with his shield out front. "Time to bring in the heat of the battle!"

Gymnastics: 12
[roll0] +3

Derjuin
2014-08-06, 10:26 PM
Morning Star

With a gasp, Morning Star attempts a spell to remove herself from harm's way.

Spell roll: 6

Attempting to cast Emergency Teleport, from the list of pre-made spells. I've added it to my list of episode spells on my sheet, just below my Edges.

Paying the cost with 10 points of Willpower: 35/45

Activating Chaotic Magic as well:
[roll0] on a 2, 3 or 4, nothing special happens; on a 5, I'm refunded the cost; on a 6, both die rolls are considered 6s; on a 1 it's a Hilarious/Horrible Failure.

[roll1] DT 10 for Emergency Teleport

Dudeons
2014-08-06, 11:27 PM
Brass Monocle trots after the others, suddenly grinding to a halt as the six henchponies step out. Each of them fires at one of the heroes. Brass looks towards his shooter, watching him as he starts to fire. He is clearly inexperienced with the weapon; his lack of scarring and relatively decent appearance implies that he's new at the 'evil minion' thing. As a result, his shot takes longer to fire off than the other henchponies. Next, he's clearly aiming towards Brass' head - a common misconception for those new to ranged weapons - which would mean lowering himself would be the best move. The henchpony's flubbed shot bought Brass just enough time to hit the deck, giving him time to pull his goggles off his eyes and rest them on his forehead.

RCgothic
2014-08-07, 01:20 AM
Autumn Gale

The Equine Torch watches in annoyance as the airship passes her right by without even acknowledging her challenge. Still, the ponies below seem to have appreciated it, so she gives them a heroic wave. When the others set off towards the ice rink, she follows, blazing a fiery trail overhead. The weather gets colder, and though this affects her not at all, The Torch begins to feel an unnatural itch between her shoulderblades. What the Windigo is doing is wrong and unnatural, and it's the job of The Torch and her friends to stop him!

When they arrive at the ice rink, The Torch narrows her eyes at the unicorn ice-machine, the source of all the Windigo's scheming. But before she can do anything about it, the Windigo's Minions are shooting at her! The Torch has no idea how their frost beams will interact with her fire, but she doesn't want to find out! Angling her wings slightly The Torch nimbly performs a barrel roll to one side.

Autumn Gale has no skill training in anything relevant to dodge, so rolls 2d6. She's flying, so uses her wings to aid her dodge. Wing Power gives +1.
[roll0]

Batpope Scott
2014-08-07, 03:13 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

The ice rink, with it's new palace, gave Sunlight the chills. And not just because of the cold! Something's off here, she thinks to herself, and I get the feeling things are only going to get worse.

The Windigo's taunting leaves only a couple moments to realize that she was going to be fired upon, whereupon she immediately tried to hit the deck in time.

Don't really have anything here and I can't think of a way I'd persuade the rays to not hit me, so this is going to be a body check. [roll0]

Hazuki
2014-08-07, 06:06 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy rushes into the palace of ice and whatever sports the local citizens like to play, her eyes immediately drifting to the gigantic icy horn that seems to pulse with the sheer rime-ridden magic that went into its creation. She's about to start thinking of just how she can work with the machine, figure out how it works and what they could do with it, when the parka-wearing unicorns open fire. She digs her heeled hooves into the ground, glancing around in a panic for something she could use to adapt to the scenario.

And it's all so simple when she lays her eyes upon the ice that surrounds them, the monuments of crystals it forms, all reflecting each other, all bringing others into themselves to share more of their beauty in the world. Reflection always loses a little something of the original, but as long as that light doesn't pierce the surface...the unicorn bounces slightly at her idea.

Bowing her head low, and sticking her behind high, the catsuit-wearing Unicorn focuses as the beam hurtles through the air, aimed right towards her. She remains staunch in those few moments, as her eyes burst into life with an emerald green glow that rushes up to her horn and leaps out just before the beam is about to collide with her head. Blue swirls around green, the beam of ice caught in perpetual stasis as the green slowly envelops it, swallowing the blue in a vortex of green that suddenly solidifies.

The beam of ice hurtles from the reflective green shield, back towards the parka-wearing pony that had first shot it, and perfectly mirroring the dumb expression on his face. Then the shield expands slightly, darting through the air to shield Morning Star from the ice beam aimed at her, as her attempt at teleportation fails.

Spell details in the OOC, DT 10 and rolled 13. Spending 9 Willpower to cast.

Theoboldi
2014-08-07, 09:22 AM
While Reuben, Autumn Gale, and Brass Monocle manage to swiftly dodge out of the path of the freezing shots, Sunlight Sonnet is not quite as lucky. Her reflexes numbed ever so slightly by the freezing cold, she just cannot get out of the way fast enough.

Equally, Morning Star's spell fizzles away into nothingness, as her relative inexperience with more advanced spells shows itself to be her downfall. Almost her downfall, that is.

Just before the two of them are hit, Sleepy Tyme's magical shield lights up in front of them, protecting them from any harm that might have befallen them. And while for them it is not angled well enough to hit their attackers, the pony that shot at Sleepy yelps in surprise, but is suddenly cut off as his own attack freezes him solid in a block of ice.

Alright. Time for your actual actions this round. No one takes any damage, and one henchpony is taken out.

RCgothic
2014-08-07, 10:00 AM
Autumn Gale

The Torch thinks quickly. That device is an unnatural weather ice machine and Torch is a fire Pegasus and guardian of the natural order. There must be something she can do to nullify it.

It must work by pulling the heat out of the air. Cold air at low altitude trends to be sluggish and still - it has no distance to fall and thus no suction to pull in more warm air that might overload the device.

But warm air would rise. And keep rising, sucking in fresh air from all around. The unicorn device wouldn't be able to keep up! Torch has warmth! Lots of it! Creating such an updraft from scratch would normally be beyond her powers, but this won't even need any help from her Pegasus magic!

"Hey! Windigo! There isn't a unicorn device in existence that can beat a Pegasus at weather control!"

After issuing her badflank boast, Torch turns to her companions. "Nevermind the device, I've got this. Windigo and his henchmen are all yours. Just, uh, cover me. Oh, and brace yourselves! If this works there could be a pretty epic thunderstorm..."

With that The Torch begins to fly tight circles above the device, concentrating all her power into a blazing torus of flame. Calling on all her reserves of speed and power, she flies faster and certainly hotter than she ever has before! Winds begin to pick up around the torus as the cold sluggish air gets sucked into an updraft! In moments the Ice rink is filled with a towering pillar of fire, winds roaring in from all directions!

Ok, first off point of valour to act twice.

Action 1: Pillar of fire! Body check, as she's using speed to create it. +2. Wing Power, +1. Opposing unnatural weather control - ignores disadvantages. Literally being made of flame has to count as an advantage as well.
[roll0]

Action 2: Repeat or intensify.
[roll1]

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 10:30 AM
Reuben

"You got it, Autumn! Full coverage of this cold front coming up!" Reuben shouts. He charges forward to close the gap to the mooks. As he nears, the stallion hurls his shield at the henchpony nearest to Autumn.

Throwing: [roll0]

Dudeons
2014-08-07, 10:40 AM
Brass, having removed his goggles earlier, decides to take down the pony facing him. The henchpony had a ranged weapon, which must be neutralized before he could engage in combat. Brass charges towards the stallion, causing him to back up out of fear. Given the cinematic nature of this universe, the minion never considered firing his freeze ray. Since the pony was distracted, Brass quickly fires his laser vision, spliting the henchpony's freeze ray in half. The henchpony, surprised by this, gallops away. Brass pulls one of the buttons off of his coat and hurls it above the henchpony before firing his laser vision at it. Due to the button's spinning, the laser reflects to right in front of the minion, cutting out a swathe of the floor in front of him. The henchpony gets his fronthooves caught in this sudden rut and falls over on his face. Brass trots to him, his eyes glowing as the henchpony looks at him in fear.

"Stay down," Brass says, the Trottingham accent tinting his words doing nothing to mask his threatening tone. Brass fires a quick shot, clipping off the henchpony's bangs. The henchpony, terrified, cowers on the ground. Brass looks about to see what the others are doing, and if there's any way he could help.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-07, 10:43 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

As Autumn gives instructions, Sunlight gets back up from her graceless fall and takes wing.

"Awh, shots fired already? I was just warming up to you guys!" The hero costume giving her some measure of confidence, the snarky pony decides to add in a little more. "Maybe this will get you to chill out!"

She uses her bow and fires a shot at a henchpony a little farther away than the rest, the arrow tip exploding and revealing an emerald green boxing glove mid-flight!

I'm sorry for the puns, but I didn't want to go without witty banter and a girl like Sunlight wouldn't just give these ponies the cold shoulder. :smallbiggrin:

Arrow shot! [roll0]

Hazuki
2014-08-07, 12:01 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy smiles slightly to herself as she manages to use her shield to protect two of the other ponies, her attention immediately distracted from this fact by the current and very present threat of henchponies and the horn that Autumn has decided to attack. With her spell having worked so well, she pushes it forward through the air with some limited concentration, the mirror-shield darting after the Pegasus to defend her attempt at taking down the horn.

No actions, besides sustaining the shield and using it to defend Autumn. I'll make a couple of deflection rolls for if they come up. :smallsmile:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Derjuin
2014-08-07, 08:15 PM
Morning Star

"Thank you," Morning Star peeps to Sleepy, recovering from her failed spell. She rears up, her body beginning to warp and twist upwards - this time, at her command. "Flee while you can, fools, for you may yet escape your fate," she booms, a malicious grin spreading across her face. Morning Star's open eye flashes a brilliant green, and the other opens to reveal a similarly glowing green eye. They take on a more serpentine appearance as her body elongates, scaled wings appearing on her back and claws sprouting from her hooves.

Soon, a (somewhat) large black-and-green dragon stands where Morning Star once did, eyes aglow with fire. "BEHOLD, THE POWER OF TARTARUS. LOOK UPON MY FORM AND DESPAIR," she roars, taking a heavy, slow step towards the henchponies.

Attempting to scare the henchponies with my performance into running away, or at least spook them for a minute so everyone else can do their thing.

I'm not sure if this would fall under Persuasion or Dramatic Acting - I'm assuming the latter since it's just so dramatic. :smalltongue: If neither, I can modify my roll in an OOC post.

[roll0] + 3 = 11

Theoboldi
2014-08-07, 09:45 PM
A few notes on my calculations, in case things seem off to you. The freezing cold counts as a disadvantage, while the fact that the henchponies are now distracted by Autumn's efforts counts as an advantage. Also, those using their superpowers to attack get another advantage from that. Which comes out to a net +1.

Sure enough, the latest assault of your team of superponies leaves a devastating mark on your enemies. Brass' target starts galloping out of there faster than you can say 'popsicle', while Reuben's shield hits another of hirelings square in the muzzle, knocking him cold on his hooves. Sunlight, despite firing a somewhat more clumsy shot, doesn't miss her mark either, and just like that only two of the henchponies are left.

This doesn't last very long. The two of them, in that order, look at the dragon in front of them, then at each other, then at their weapons, and then at each other again. Weighing their options for a second, they come to the conclusion that their paycheck isn't worth it, and raise their hooves into the air, weapon clattering to the floor below.

Meanwhile, the Equine Torch is enacting her bold plan, flying ever faster around the terrible contraption of Windigo! Burning with an intensity perhaps never seen before, she does her best to create the forces necessary for her whirlwind inferno, though the intense waves of cold still almost overpower her. That is, until Sleepy Tyme rushes in, her shields protecting Autumn from the horrid chill. And despite some minor shivers breaking through, the air around Windigo's contraption is starting to shimmer with heat.

The insane mastermind himself does not seem concerned, however, as he mocks you over his loudspeakers and screens. "Snow down and relax, heroes! You can’t defeat me! Not with pathetic carnival tricks like that! Watch as I shift this machine into maximum overdrive, and bring you to a cold grave! Say freeze!" With an maniacal laugh, Windigo pushes a large lever as far as he can, and the cold begins to increase even more!

Autumn succeeds at her check with Sleepy's help, though she takes [roll0] + [roll1] fortitude damage.

Also, reactions against willpower damage from the bad puns (Yes, seriously.), except for Autumn, who has to make a reaction against more fortitude damage from the machine.

And, one more thing. I think it would be somewhat helpful if you rolled each of your dice individually. Just so we can make note of critical successes and failures, as well as making a ton of other things easier. Like making rolls where you skills apply, seeing as you have to take the two highest rolls. :smallsmile:

Hazuki
2014-08-07, 09:58 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme concentrates fairly hard on her shield as Autumn whirls around and around the faux-horn of frost, shielding her as best she can from the frigid cold and strengthening her stance as she feels Morning Star's thanks wash over her. Just that little bit of confidence, recognition for her efforts, makes the Unicorn only more eager to take down the villain before them.

Then the puns come, and she struggles to maintain her concentration while they do. Combined with the chunk of mental fatigue that comes from sustaining her spell, the leather-clad mare thinks of the only thing she can do that she's always learned removes the power of jokes. She's done it plenty of times before, moreso in her youth, and she'd learned her lesson then; if you explain the joke, there is no joke! And no joke means they can't be hurt.

"A-A pun," Sleepy begins, speaking as loudly as she can so the other ponies can hear her. "Is a form of wordplay that exploits the wide vocabulary of ponies for humorous or rhetoric effect! By replacing the 'l' in 'slow' with an 'n', he's making the word apply to the situation in a way that defies expectations, which is where the humor is meant to originate from! The same trick is used for cheese and freeze, in that the words rhyme, but instead of getting us to pose for a picture Indigo is going to take, he's going to freeze us in place, which could also refer to the phrase commonly used by law enforcement to get criminals to halt their current unlawful endeavors!"

She speaks as rapidly as she can, as loudly as she can. "Also, 'cold grave' doesn't really count as a pun!"

[roll0]

RCgothic
2014-08-08, 03:05 AM
Autumn Gale

The Equine Torch grits her teeth as opposition to her efforts intensify. She can't really hear what's going on below over the roaring of her fire and speed, but her plan is working, she knows it! All she has to do is keep flying - keep burning and even if it doesn't overload the Windigo's machine the massive influx of winds will dissipate the local effects...

Ok, firstly straight up bonuses: Body Check, +2
Wing Power, +1
Tireless/endurance, +1
Acting in Harmony +1

Advantage to max 2d6 of 12 :
Super Power +1
Weather Control +1

Disadvantages:
Ignored thanks to special purpose.

Resist Fort Damage: [roll0]+7 to max 17
13 Total

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 06:27 AM
Reuben

Reuben wasn't sure what burned harder in his ears, the weaponized hurricane of puns from Windigo or the subsequent murder of the jokes by Sleepy. In the heat of battle he guessed it didn't really matter as long as the villain was taken down, and there was a sun shining ray of hope that Autumn would succeed in destroying the device.

Willpower (I guess?): 6
[roll0]+2

Batpope Scott
2014-08-08, 06:59 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight hears a cascade of puns and, naturally as a clever hero, retaliates with her own puns! She hoped that her marvelous array would cancel out the awfulness of such thing, much like waves cancelling each other out.

"Chill out, man, you're killing the mood here. You really need a new way to break the ice! You keep giving your guests the cold shoulder like this and they'll have a real hard time warming up to you!"

That was probably enough, but a couple more for good measure. "You'll feel so Ice-olated. In fact, that kind of attitude is why we can't have ice things!"

As she flies there, thinking about what she just said, she thinks to herself ...I'm probably worse than the villain right now, aren't I?

[roll0]

Well, +6 if this is Heart, +1 if it's Mind and +1 if it falls under Charismatic.

In my mind, it'd be Heart and fall under Charismatic since it's clever wordplay.

EDIT: Jiminy Cricket, I got double sixes.

Theoboldi
2014-08-08, 09:33 AM
Windigo goes very silent very suddenly at Sleepy's words, the wind completly taken out of his sails. "Uh......Yes.........That's correct?" What results next is not an akward silence while the supervillain is at a loss for words, though, as Sunlight begins her own barrage of horrid counter puns.

Somehow, they appear to be even more effective than Sleepy's efforts, as anger flares up in Windigo's eyes, and he smashes at the control panel in front of him. "Just what do you think you are doing? I am the master of ice! Are you pathetic snowbrainers attempting to outwit me? You foals are powerless to stop my eternal winter! I’ll freeze this city! I’ll freeze the world! As long as my Ice-Scream machine still functions, I cannot lose!"

It is in that moment that behind him, a pipe bursts inside the machine, smacking its metal against his head. His only response to this is a surprised yelp. Autumn's efforts are starting to increase in effectiveness, as all around the doomsday machine the cold begins to dissipate, the device barely able to keep up. The sound of metal straining against the pressure is becoming audible now, and through the heat you can see cracks opening up all over the machine's hull.

Those were some pretty good rolls. Windigo should be pretty much busy ranting from now on, for the rest of the battle. Which isn't very long, but still.

On another note, this roll, along with sleepy's explanation are enough to shield everypony, so no further reactions needed.

Take your second turn, everyone. :smallsmile:

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 10:50 AM
Reuben

The stallion ran over to grab his shield and then charged toward Windigo. "That pipe to the noggin looked like it knocked something loose in your head," Reuben said. "Here, I'll knock it back into place!" He jumped at Windigo and shield-bashed him.

Gymnastics: 9
[roll0] +3

Shield Bash: 8
[roll1] +3

RCgothic
2014-08-08, 11:02 AM
Autumn Gale

The Torch grins as the cold recedes around her as the machine begins to falter and Sleepy Tyme's shield pushes its effects back further. A tornado of flame now stretches all the way from her white-hot torus just above the Ice-Scream machine's horn to the ceiling, punching clear through the ceiling of The Windigo's palace. Rivulets and then torrents of water stream off the structure as the temperature rises, flash fogs forming in eddies where the hot, damp air meets cool.

This is actually going to work!

One...

Last...

Push...

Body check again +2
Wing Power +1
Acting in Harmony +1
Tireless +1

Advantages:
Weather Control +1
Superpower+1

Intensify Firenado: [roll0] (10) Max 17

Derjuin
2014-08-08, 11:57 AM
Morning Star

"THINGS ARE REALLY HEATING UP FOR YOU NOW, WINDIGO. YOUR GOOSE MAY IN FACT BE COOKED!" Dragon Star rumbles with a sly grin on her face, unable to suppress a throaty "haw-haw" afterwards. Steam jets from her nostrils as she snorts, kicking at the floor with a clawed leg. She suddenly opens her toothy dragon-maw and unleashes a jet of green flame, adding to the Torch's already-impressive fire-tornado. "YOU MIGHT WANT TO ESCAPE THAT FRYING PAN, LEST YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THE FIRE, ICE-PONY!" she adds. Puns were never really her forte...

Helping the Torch build up MOAR FIRE (unless the machine is made of letters, in which case - sorry Mayor of Mettrotpolis) by aiding her with dragonfire.

Here is a roll in case a check is needed:

[roll0]

Hazuki
2014-08-08, 12:05 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy stays quiet as her rant is finished, quietly maintaining her shield along with Autumn's vortex around the cracking horn.

Dudeons
2014-08-08, 03:33 PM
Having dealt with the henchpony, Brass pulls his coat tighter as the cold suddenly increases. Brass watches with satisfaction as the others in his group manage to deal with the other five ponies. Brass turns towards the machine that Windigo was controlling from within. Suddenly, Windigo spoke. The puns that poured from his mouth were so groan-worthy it was almost physically painful. Suddenly, he hears Sleepy Tyme yelling in response, dissecting his jokes mercilessly.

"At last, somebody sensible in this comic book world!" Brass thinks. Brass decides to chime in.

"Furthermore!" Brass shouts above the chaos, "The term snow-brainer would be referencing no-brainer, although in an even more tasteless manner. And that 'Ice-Scream Machine' of yours; what does that even mean? It sounds like you're referencing ice cream, but you were running out of puns and wanted something that could be the crowning jewel of your cheap jokes. If you're going to try puns, at least make the pun make sense!"

Brass looks towards the massive machine that was producing the cold, focusing on it as intently as possible. The beams fired out from his eyes even larger than they were before as Brass tries to cut apart and weaken the cold-making device.

Don't know if I need to make a roll for the puns due to the GM's second post, but I'll make one here just in case.

Mind stat.
Special purpose (finding what is hidden), in this case, finding meaning within puns.
[roll0]

My laser attack is just there to help Autumn, so consider it a Harmony bonus.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-09, 10:53 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

Giving a giggle at Windigo's bluster, Sunlight remarks "Seems like somepony is losing his cool."

She gets a bit of air and starts firing arrows into the machine, hoping to help it's instability.

Let's make a roll! I'm attempting to act in harmony, I think.

[roll0] Body for +1? And an advantage for using my superpower.

Theoboldi
2014-08-09, 02:10 PM
Reuben's maneuver is as courageous as it is mad. With a grace and speed over any normal pony limits, he dashes across the park, dodging debris of ice and metal at ever step, hooves clattering on the ground like a drumroll to herald what he is about to do. He reaches the pillar of fire surrounding Windigo's machine, and with his shield raised up high, he jumps through, emerging unscathed on the other side, where another hop, skip, and a jump bring him inside the automaton and face to face with the archvillain himself!

You actually just barely made that one. Since I figured that Reuben would use his shield to protect himself from the fire, I let your industrious bonus apply to the check, which was the one point that you needed to succeed.

"What are you doin-" Before he even fully realizes what is happening, Captain Equestria decks him over the head with his shield, knocking the mad scientist out cold.

Meanwhile, outside the pillar of flame is turning into a raging inferno under the efforts of everypony. Between the Equine Torch, Sleepy's magic, the dragonfire, and the occasional blasts of pure force, it grows ever stronger, destroying the cold like a five pony winter wrap up. Finally, with a last few mechanical stutters and coughs, and the loss of its controller, the machine loses its power, no longer freezing the air around it.

What happens next is a spectacle to the eyes. The fire shoots up into the sky, crashing through the roof on its way, like a signal of your victory to the ponies of Mettrotpolis, shimmering with a warmth that immediately begins to thaw out buildings all around the city. Then, inside of it, the machine begins to explode, as Reuben barely manages to get out with one last leap of faith through the flames. He does not dare look back. Pieces of metal and circuits are shot upwards through the pillar, burning to fine ash in the process, and finally just dissipating into nothingness.

Then, finally, as you cease your assaults and Autumn stops to witness her own creation, the fire comes to a stop, shrinking down ever further until it simply goes out. In the middle of where it once was, lies a now quite unconscious Windigo, fur now as grey as Sleepy's. Through the entrance of the skating rink, policeponies are arriving, quite late to the party.

And we're out of cinematic mode. Feel free to make a last few oneliners or anything before you're sent back to the real Equestria. :smallsmile:

Hazuki
2014-08-09, 02:22 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme hovers her shield back to her side as the destruction of the unicorn horn finally ends, the villain thwarted and at their hooves, the firestorm having dissipated harmlessly, and the working-day ponies arriving at the scene to examine whatever remains of their foes. She's somewhat pleased with herself for having accomplished some useful things, even though her outfit has done nothing useful but make her cheeks turn an even darker shade of grey.

But she's never been one to take the spotlight, or be particularly vindictive about her disputes, and the fact that Windigo isn't even real means she can't even trudge up the necessary vitriol to think of something witty. So she looks down at the pony with her big green eyes and says...

"Umm. Try better next time?"

RCgothic
2014-08-09, 02:54 PM
Autumn Gale

The Torch slams into the ice rink surface and flames out, a gentle circle of sublimating mist curling around her fetlocks in a pose that is undeniably cool.

"No! Unicorn Device! In Existence!"

A blinding flash of lighting splits the sky, followed instantly by a deafening peal of thunder. A deluge of rain begins to pour in through the hole in the ceiling as the energies unleashed by the battle finally break over Mettrotpolis, washing away the final remnants of the Windigo's ice.

Gale blushes slightly in embarrassment at having delivered such a cringey one-liner and her suddenly drenched mane and coat. The others, not being directly below the hole in the roof, seem to have escaped a similar fate. "Sorry about that, got a bit carried away. Thanks for the assist guys!" Stepping out of the deluge, she hoof bumps with those closest to her. "So what now?"

Autumn shakes her mane and wings, trying to wring the water out them, before remembering exactly where she is. "Oh, er, flame on!" In a short flash of flame Autumn's coat and mane are insta-dried, leaving her lightly steaming and undeniably frizzy. This is arguably not an improvement over wet. And it was going so well.

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 03:37 PM
Reuben

"Windigo is out cold and out of cold!" Reuben states in a heroic pose. He can't help but giggle a bit to himself. "This was awesome! Great job team, we totally blazed through this villain."

RCgothic
2014-08-09, 04:36 PM
Autumn Gale

"Really Reuben? Heh. Ok, that one was actually quite good!

Theoboldi
2014-08-09, 05:36 PM
One of the policeponies, an old, beige stallion with a mustache bigger than his mouth walks up to you, extending a hoof in greeting, as though he is quite familiar with the characters whose roles you have taken. A badge on his chest proudly displays his status as commissioner. "I must say, League, that this is quite a nice catch you made for the Mettrotpolis police. We've been trying to find Windigo for months. The town is in your dept once again!" His declaration sounds somewhat pompous, but sincere.

In that moment, the world around you begins to take on familiar blue, and the feeling of falling once again creeps into your bones. Within seconds, it increases until you are back in the blue void, which flashes away just as quickly as it appeared. From the rows of shelves around you, and the distinct smell of paper that protrudes everything, you quickly discern that you have been brought back into the House of Enchanted comics, your clothes back to what you were wearing before.

Page Turner is waiting at her desk, busy flipping through an old issue of 'Supermare'. When she notices you, she jumps up again, maybe even quicker than last time. "Ah, you’re back! Did you enjoy yourself fighting Windigo? I've got plenty more issues with other villains, only 5 bits a piece! Or maybe you would like to try something else?"

Hazuki
2014-08-09, 05:56 PM
Sleepy Tyme

The almost-ebony mare breathes a sigh of relief as she realizes that she's back in the familiar world of Ponyville, her hair back to its semi-stylish do and her hooves resting plainly on the floor. Sleepy takes a few moments to look herself over, making sure that there's nothing left, then suddenly hears the voice of the banana-colored pony attempting to fast-talk them into further deals.

Instead, Sleepy trots slowly over to Page Turner and starts speaking again. "But...I have questions. Can I please examine one of the comic books? I'd like to find out whether the magic in them can be recreated, if they can be altered while we're inside, um, if anyone can watch us while we're in there..." She lowers her voice to a whisper, just for the sales-pony. "And why was I dressed up like a stripmare? Who decides what we become?"

Theoboldi
2014-08-09, 10:15 PM
Page takes a short look at the other ponies present, giving them a look that seems desperate to ask questions, before leaning closer to Sleepy. "Uh. Well, normally they're supposed to transform into whatever you would like to be most or what your subconsciousness would currently find the most enjoyable. If your thoughts are too occupied with something at the moment the book opens, there might be minor.....glitches, though." After a sufficiently akward pause, she adds "I think I'll put the Neighonetta comics elsewhere, in the future."

Trying to get rid of the uncomfortable air, she falls back into her usual tone, now addressing Sleepy loud enough for everypony to hear. "Anyways! Your other questions! No, nopony can see whatever you're up to inside the comic, unless they have some sort of scrying spell on you beforehand. So you're absolutely free to do whatever you want to in there. And while they can be altered from the outside, there are wards in place that would immediately expel you from the comic if someone did. We do ensure safety even for our youngest and magically inexperienced readers.

And if you want analyze the magic that goes into one, sure, go ahead. Just don't harm the copy or take its components apart."

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 10:39 PM
"That is so crazy," Reuben began, "That I'll take an issue of Captain Equestria. Do you have them in non-magic form? They're great adventures, but it could really cut into my delivery time at the shop if I keep getting zapped into it."

Dudeons
2014-08-09, 11:55 PM
Having just returned to the Equestria that he knew, Brass breathes a sigh of relief. The costume is gone, and his normal grey coat shows through. Despite being happy to be out of the comic book, their whole adventure wasn't that bad in hindsight. Maybe he should try some comics of the hero he had become, just for a change of pace. Brass looks about the store, his alert eyes catching the character's distinctive red coat and goggles on the front cover of one comic. He walks over and picks it up, glancing over the cover to try and identify the hero.

"Foresight, huh?" Brass reads, the name having a nice ring to it. He takes the issue over to Page Turner, offering her five bits in exchange for it.

"Er, this one doesn't send you into it, right?" Brass asks, "It's intended for some lighter reading."

Derjuin
2014-08-10, 01:58 AM
Morning Star

Morning Star, in her comic hero disguise again, gives a short bow to the commissioner. As soon as she looks up, however, she only sees an endless blue void, and then... the magical comic book shop again!

"What an adventure!" Morning Star exclaims, adding in a happy little "Très bien!" as she claps her hoofs together. "It's nice to be back in Equestria, however," she mumbles, glancing over the wares within the shop with renewed interest. When she cannot discern where to begin looking, however, she sidles over to the proprietor and leans in to attempt a private conversation.

"Would you happen to have a kind of comic called 'mane-ga'?" she asks, looking over the various shelves of books. She's not really even sure how to pronounce the exotic-sounding reading material's name. "Like I said earlier, I'm not very well-versed in the world of comics, but I do know that I'd like to get my hoofs on a copy of a book called the Rose of Maresailles. Would you happen to have such as an enchanted copy, or even a mundane one? If not, it's fine - c'est la vie." She is rather quiet about it, as if shy to ask about the book by name.

RCgothic
2014-08-10, 06:02 AM
Autumn Gale

Gale touches down in the store again with grace, her experience with wild flight manoeuvres lending ease to the weird dimensional transition.

"That was pretty neat!"

She looks around for other comics to try, her eyes alighting on the features comics section and Ars Unicornia and Whinnystrad in particular. "You, uh, mentioned these two earlier?"

Hazuki
2014-08-10, 07:00 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy clams up as soon as she notices that she's making Page Turner uncomfortable and simply stands near one of the piles of comic books.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-10, 07:38 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight touches down in the shop and states "What marvelous fun that was! Perhaps we should do this all again, sometime."

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 09:06 AM
"What marvelous fun that was! Perhaps we should do this all again, sometime."

"I quite agree," Reuben said. "It couldn't have been as much fun without all of us together."

Theoboldi
2014-08-10, 12:36 PM
Page rubs her hooves together in excitement, quite happy at the prospect of selling you some books. "You want some non-magical literature? No problem whatsoever! We have a section right over there!" She points into a far-off corner of the store, that seems to consist of only a few shelves. "The selection isn't quite as varied as with the magical ones, but you'll find just about anything superhero over there! And 'Rose of Maresailles'? Why, I believe we have that one too. Must be over there in the graphic novel section. If you don't find it, just come back to me!"

As she hears Autumn Gale speaking up, and notices Reuben and Sunlight talking with each other, she quickly uses her telekinesis to float the two books towards her. "Ah, of course! We still have plenty of time before I need to let the next customers in. Why don't you have a look at these other genres before you make your final decisions? All of these you can read together, of course. Ars Unicornia is a real life magical drama, based in a magical academy. It's story heavy, but a real good read.

Whinnystrad is great, too. If you're looking for some classical fantasy, heroes with swords and celestial water against supernatural monsters like vamponies and weretimberwolves, this is what you want. Both are a bit of a heavier read than your superhero stuff, but it sounds to me like some of you will really enjoy that." Page winks at Morning Star, indicating that she means her.

I wish I had a single clue about the manga that Derjuin is referencing. Sadly, I don't.

RCgothic
2014-08-10, 03:42 PM
Autumn Gale

Autumn Gale can't seem to decide, shrugging her wings at the decision. "I don't know, which one do you guys think?" She does seem enthusiastic about trying another one, just happy to leave the decision to the others.

Dudeons
2014-08-10, 04:22 PM
Brass Monocle

Brass, accepting the fact that he was enjoying his time here, walks over to Reuben and Sunlight as Page Turner offers them the two books.

"Well, as much fun as the last one was, I'd suggest something more serious," Brass says, "I think Whinnystrad could be worth a try."

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 06:26 PM
"I think Whinnystrad could be worth a try."

"I'm up for anything, and I'm sure even a high fantasy is going to be lots of fun. I be it isn't going to be all that serious," Reuben says with a smile.

Hazuki
2014-08-10, 08:47 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy gives a brief nod of her head as Brass gives a suggestion to the otherwise noncommittal group, mentally drifting back into her happy place before they're yanked into the wonderful world of enchanted comic books.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-10, 09:13 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

"Being a superhero was pretty cool, but maybe we'll go to a world where our villain is less punny." Sunlight pauses for a moment before adding "I don't think I've ever made that many puns before."

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 09:18 PM
Reuben

"Heh, I think pops sends me on deliveries the most because I make too many puns. Though, in a world where puns are apparently a weapon, I can sort of see his side..."

Derjuin
2014-08-11, 01:54 AM
Morning Star

Upon hearing the suggestion to enter the comic of Whinnystrad and what its story entails, Morning Star grins. "I do believe some of us would enjoy that," she says before trotting nonchalantly over to the designated shelf of graphic novels. She keeps an eye out for other interesting titles, as well - perhaps Neigh-on Genesis Equinegelion? Actually, since it was separated into no less than four huge tomes, it'd probably be best to skip that one for now...

She finally reaches her mark - the Rose of Maresailles! As she reaches for it, she hesitates, before simply pulling it a bit off the shelf until its spine can easily be seen. Now she couldn't miss it after their next book adventure - hopefully. "If we are to dive into another comic, perhaps I should wait until we are done before making a purchase," she mumbles to herself, turning back to the group. "So, that's three hoofs for Whinnystrad, oui?" she asks, motioning to Sleepy and Brass.

RCgothic
2014-08-11, 02:09 AM
Autumn Gale

"That sounds like three for and two abstentions," Autumn summarizes, gesturing to herself and Reuben. "Motion carried in favour of Whinnystrad?"

Theoboldi
2014-08-11, 12:39 PM
Page nods with a cheerful grin, putting the copy of Whinnystrad down on the desk before her, the other comic disappearing somewhere behind it. "An excellent choice! In this issue, you'll be fighting the vampony queen and her undead servants, so it should be pretty exciting. Now, everypony get ready, I'm opening the book!"

As she says she does, and she flips open the first page to the familiar shimmer of literary magic that has greeted you earlier already. Once again, sparks begin appearing in the air, becoming more and more numerous and spreading all through the air, until they become one large glow that engulfs you all inside of it. Once again, you feel as though being sucked away into a faraway place, though the sensation this time around is not quite as surprising.

The light settles, and you find yourselves on a lonely dirt path in a dark and sinister forest, surrounded by towering trees and foliage that could hide just about anything. High up above, a pale moon peeks just through the leaves and overcast skies, the only source of light in this unwelcoming place. In the distance, a small castle sits on a mountainside, a single light gleaming from the upper floor window. As you look down, you find yourselves bedecked in strange gear, including wooden stakes, a wreath of garlic, a few bottles of celestial water, a lantern, a bullwhip, a crossbow with 10 bolts, and a cord of braided rope. Considering what Page Turner told you only a few moments ago, you are fairly certain in knowing what it is for.

Taking in your surroundings, you cannot help but feel a sense of uncanny dread. It's as though something is watching you just out of the corner of your eyes.

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 12:58 PM
Reuben

The stallion sniffed the garlic and took a nibble. He wiggled his nose. "Hmm, still fresh. Garlic bread, now that's an idea I should remember!" He pats himself down looking for his note pad, but only finds anti-vampire gear. He pulls out a stake and looks at it curiously.

"Uh... this isn't for pitching a tent, is it?"

Hazuki
2014-08-11, 01:11 PM
Sleepy Tyme
As Sleepy Tyme emerges in the dark forest, having to stand at her full height just so that she doesn't blend in with the shrouds of darkness, Page Turner's words ring in her mind. "Umm, guys?" Sleepy Tyme speaks up, confident in calling them the neutral term after they all seem to have made declarations that the group is a group. And she isn't even prying into their personal lives, so they probably can't get upset! "Do we have to fight the Vampony Queen?"

The unicorn pulls off the lantern that's strapped across her chest and hooks it over her curved black horn. "If everyone always goes after her, it's no wonder she has minions...and it might be nice for her if we tried to be nice too, right? And I've never met a Vampony before...she probably has all kinds of things to tell us. And we've all imagined what blood tastes like at some point..."

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 01:20 PM
"And we've all imagined what blood tastes like at some point..."

"Slightly metallic, but nothing strong," Reuben replies without really thinking about it. He catches his own words and adds, "Err, you know, from cutting myself in the kitchen."

Dudeons
2014-08-11, 01:45 PM
Having heard Page Turner's warning before they got transported into the comic, Brass felt more prepared during the feeling of entry. When he came up in a dark forest with the other five. Brass looks over the exotic equipment that was in his possession. Must be for fighting vamponies. Hearing Sleepy ask about fighting a Vampony Queen, Brass looks over at her.

"I doubt vamponies would be very sociable in this sort of setting," Brass says, "Not that it's a bad idea or anything."

"But in this sort of setting," Brass thinks, "There would probably be some kind of cheap jumpscare to come out from the forest in a few minutes."

Brass looks about the area, looking for anything threatening in this strange new world.

Investigation Skill (3d6)
Special Purpose (find that which is hidden) (1)
Perceptive Talent (2)
Improved Elementary, My Dear (2)
Mind Attribute (3)

[roll0]+8

Theoboldi
2014-08-11, 01:53 PM
Brass notices something, just out of the corner of his vision, just on the edge of his sight. It hangs there, like teethes on the edge of a maw. It's fleeting, like a shadow, and when the detective turns his head it is already long gone. Soon enough, he notices it again, and again, but no matter what he just cannot get a good look at it.

Something is watching you. Brass is sure of that.

RCgothic
2014-08-11, 02:01 PM
Autumn Gale

"So who do we think's going to get eaten first? It's usually the ditzy one!" Autumn jests, nudging Sunlight Sonnet in the ribs. She hovers a little above head height for a better view, though in spite of her bravado she doesn't make herself a target by wandering far.

Hazuki
2014-08-11, 02:07 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"But what if different blood tastes different? What if somepony drinks lots and lots of caffeine, so when a vampony drinks their blood, they also get really energetic? Do ponies who eat lots of sweet stuff also have sweeter blood? She could tell us lots of things about it! I could maybe make a spell that creates blood for her to drink, so nopony has to get hurt." Sleepy Tyme rambles for a bit, before Autumn speaks up about getting eaten, and she gulps.

"Umm...not me. I'm too bony."

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 02:11 PM
Reuben

"I don't know much about vampony stories, but if they follow the same annoying thing that comic heroes do, then it's the Earth Pony that gets bumped off first. Just like Jason Trod in the Batmare series." Reuben examines the bullwhip. "...Yeah, no. Nopony here is going to get eaten tonight."

Hazuki
2014-08-11, 02:16 PM
Sleepy Tyme

The dark mare nods her head in agreement with Reuben. "We'll see them coming anyway." She taps her lantern. "They sparkle, so if we keep our lanterns on, they can't ambush us..."

Dudeons
2014-08-11, 02:43 PM
"I thought they only sparkled in sunlight or sunlight, and that non-celestial light did nothing to them," Brass says offhoofedly. He was more focused on the creature that was evading his vision. Reuben's comment about Earth Ponies being the first to go was getting to him a little. He keeps on searching while he listens to the conversation of the other ponies.

"Also, not to sound misogynist," Brass comments, "But why would the vamponies have a queen? Are they like Changelings or something?"

Investigation Skill 3d6
Special Purpose (to find that which is hidden) (1)
Talent (Perceptive) (1)
Improved Elementary, My Dear (2)
Mind Attribute (3)

[roll0]+7

Also, I accidentally counted my Talent as 2 instead of 1 in my last post. I fixed it here. :smallredface:

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 02:47 PM
Reuben

The stallion pointed to the creepy castle in the distance. "Why don't we go over and ask? Seems like somepony is home."

Theoboldi
2014-08-11, 02:59 PM
Finally, Brass' eyes settle on something. it is only a short glimpse, barely even a second, but he sees what the thing that is watching him. Between the trees, cloaked in unnatural darkness, stands what one could call a pony, if it wasn't tall enough to reach into the highest branches.

Dressed in the tattered rags of what once perhaps was a noblepony's dress, and most damning of all, with only an empty space where its head it supposed to be, the creature stares back at you without eyes of its own, before disappearing behind another tree. After that, you notice it no longer, though you are uncertain of whether it is truly gone or it simply has stopped toying with you.

RCgothic
2014-08-11, 03:14 PM
Autumn Gale

"Ooh, a creepy castle? Come on, someone's sure to get eaten if we go there!"

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 03:36 PM
"Ooh, a creepy castle? Come on, someone's sure to get eaten if we go there!"

"I'll take that challenge," Reuben said bravely. He tried to flick the whip, but it looked more like he was waving it.

Theoboldi
2014-08-11, 07:28 PM
In distance, you are beginning to hear the distinct sound of a quartet of trotting hooves. Its slow rhythm matches the steady beat of your own hearts, as you hear it growing louder and clearer with every second, though your eyes cannot discern what is making this noise. Between the six of you, you quickly determine that it is coming from somewhere down the path, away from the castle, though even Brass does not manage to spot anything at first.

Soon enough you notice that the noise is so clearly audible that whatever its source is, by now it should be clearly visible. And in a way, it becomes so. From the trees surrounding, strings of pure darkness begin slithering towards the source of the sound like snakes, merging in the middle of the road and growing into a large blob of darkness, slowly taking shape. Before you stands the headless horse Brass saw earlier, in all its tattered and ragged sordidness.

It rears its front hooves up into the air, bringing the crashing down hard enough for sparks to fly. And without speaking a word, or even yelling a primal roar, it charges at you, leaving behind a trail of pure darkness.

Feel free to describe your characters running away at any point during that scene. Cinematic mode is go.

Hazuki
2014-08-11, 07:53 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme watches the approaching blackness with wide green eyes, her hooves trembling for a moment before her instincts kick in, and she remembers that even if she manages to run away, some of her companions might not. And she isn't going to let any of the group get hurt, even if they are in an enchanted comic that likely has failsafes! She bows her head at the charging pony, her horn glowing with a tiny green orb that then rolls impotently off and across the ground like a marble carved from emerald.

Just as the creature is about to charge at them, the orb suddenly sinks into the ground and forms a very deep hole for the galloping creature to fall into!

Casting it: [roll0]

Holey Moley!
Target: Area
Range: Seen
Duration: Temporary
Effects: Diminish
Subjects: Earth
Spell Level: 12 (Average, DT10)
Description: Creates a deep hole in the ground large enough to fit at least four ponies, and traps whatever creature falls inside for six hours. It contracts around whatever creature falls in, halting movement almost entirely, but gives them enough space to breath.

Blaster Caster: [roll1]

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 08:09 PM
Reuben

"Well Autumn, here's something that can't eat us!!" Reuben shouted as he galloped down the road in the other direction. "I say we keep ahead of him and make for the castle!"

Batpope Scott
2014-08-11, 09:15 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight falls in behind Reuben, stating plainly over the ruckus, "This is the realm of fiction, Reuben, if it wanted to I'm sure it could find a way to eat us!"

She gallops alongside her friends and thinks about the tools she has in her odd outfit clanking together before saying "You know, the gadgets were much more stylish as arrows."

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 09:25 PM
"This is the realm of fiction, Reuben, if it wanted to I'm sure it could find a way to eat us!"

"Lets not tempt fate," Reuben responded, "But if this is just a fiction world..." The stallion decided to try a crazy stunt. He ran to a tall tree along the road...

OOC
(Next part of the plan after everyone gets a chance to act)

Derjuin
2014-08-11, 11:16 PM
Morning Star

As Morning Star fiddles with the various objects now on her person - in various pockets of the long trenchcloak she apparently inherited from the narrative - she comes across the stake and the garlic. "What in Equestria could these be for...?" she mumbles, before being startled by the approach of the spooky headless horse!

"What is that? Where is its head? Aiee!" she shouts, turning tail to flee with Reuben - though she supposes fleeing towards their target may or may not explicitly be fleeing.

[roll0] I have no idea what kind of modifiers would be used here; probably just +1 from my Body.

Dudeons
2014-08-11, 11:28 PM
Brass Monocle briefly spots the headless horse, but then he doesn't have time to mention it before the horse shows itself. Brass wasn't as scared as the others since he knew what to expect, but he still galloped after the others. He glances about the area as he runs, looking for something he could use to slow down the headless horse. Running straight at him may not have been the best idea, but it was better than getting separated and getting picked off one by one. Brass notices Reuben running towards a tall tree by the road.

"What in Equestria is he thinking?" Brass thinks as he gallops after the others. He observes the stallion to see what he's trying to do while still keeping up with the rest of the group.

Investigation Check to see if there's anything I can use to slow down the horse.
[roll0]+7

Body Check for running.
[roll1]

RCgothic
2014-08-12, 05:00 AM
Autumn Gale

Gale laughs in the face of the oncoming headless horse!

"Heh! Oh yeah, no head! That's quite impressive! Oh wait! Yeah, running's probably a good idea! Come on ST, I was only half joking about wanting to see someone get ate."

The russet pegasus wraps her forelegs around Sleepy's barrel and attempts to carry her after the others, at least until Sleepy comes to her senses enough flee by herself.

Carry Sleepy and flee with the others by flying.

[roll0]

Body: +2
Wing Power: +1
Endurance (if for any length of time): +1

Advantage: Flying to keep up with walkers
Disadvantage: Carrying Sleepy

Total: 12/13

Theoboldi
2014-08-12, 08:30 AM
On review, I'm afraid that I'll have to rule that Sleepy's spell, even if she were to add on a bunch of extra modifiers, will not trap any opponents for six hours. Trying to keep such a spell balanced and from ending any encounter with not overly magically powerful enemies without seeming unfair and arbitrary at times, would be difficult to balance. Maybe at a later point, I'll reconsider this, but right now the spell will only function to open up a pit in the ground.

Bear in mind that for it to trap ponies inside of it, it would need extra modifiers (and maybe subjects) like forge, and probably something else too. It might even require the 'Mass' target, as it aims at anyone who falls inside. I'll have to think about the balance of it first.

That said, the headless horse would have been able to get out of it anyways, as it is pretty much a ghost and has the aformentioned overly powerful magic. Still, that roll pretty much made sure that everypony got away with their running checks and saved you from a round of attacks.

Sleepy casts her spell with almost perfect timing, opening up the pit just before the hooves of the creature chasing you. In a moment of feral panic, it rears up its hooves, attempting to dodge the sudden obstacle, but it is far too late, and it comes crashing down into the pit, fading out of sight.

Knowing that a being like this will not be stopped by even such a setback, all of you begin running away, Autumn carrying the unicorn that enabled your escape between her hooves. Even Sunlight, who at first stumbles over her own hooves in the panic induced by the creature's sudden arrival, manages to get into a rapid gallop before it escapes Sleepy's trap.

As you are running for your lives, the castle still seeming too far away, Brass scans his surroundings for anything that could aid his attempts to flee. Indeed, it quickly becomes obvious to him that many of the trees in this forest old and already beginning to rot. With a short detour, he could easily knock loose even a few larger branches, which would impede the headless horse's progress.

Behind you, tiny tendrils of darkness are already beginning to escape the pit, gathering at its edge. Those of you looking back are welcomed by the unwelcoming sight of a disembodied quartet of legs hitting the ground, waiting for the rest of their body to join them in the hunt.

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 10:01 AM
Reuben

The stallion made for a tall tree. He cracked his whip out to snag a high branch as he ran under it. With his momentum unabated Reuben swung himself up and around the tree to reach higher ground. "Yeeehaaaw!"

Roll~
Gymnastics Skill [roll0]
+3 Body
+1 Industrious (Whip)

Total: 16

Hazuki
2014-08-12, 10:39 AM
Sleepy Tyme

The unicorn mare just manages to smile as she watches the charging horror that is the headless horse, who likely has some kind of sen- Then she's suddenly swept up by a pair of strong hooves picking up her lanky form and she's hurtling through the air, spun around from the sight of her spell taking effect and gliding through the canopy of trees that first greeted them.

She shifts around a little, limbs flailing for a moment as she suddenly feels a rush of empathy for the monster pony that suddenly lost the ground beneath its feet. But instead of the cold hard ground, her face is smothered by a bouncy caramel mane of Autumn Gale. Not knowing whether Whinnystrad is pure horror, or survival, or grim fairy tales, she leaps to the only fact she knows; sparkly vampires. So this must be a dark romance novel, and Autumn is trying to be the protagonist, because they always survive! It all adds up!

"M-My hero..." The scholar-turned-actress coos, clinging to Autumn and blushing profusely.

RCgothic
2014-08-12, 01:35 PM
Autumn Gale

Gale flashes Sleepy Tyme a cocky grin.

"Not a bad bit of rescuing, huh? You know, sometimes I amaze even myself. Hang on!"

Flexing her wings, puts on an extra burst of speed, attempting to leave the Headless Horse in their wake.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw7ekcnxXA1r2hg3d.png

Body +2
Wing Power +1
Endurance +1

Advantages: Outrunning a dirtsider.
Disadvantages: Carrying a rather svelte unicorn.

[roll0]

Total: 9

Hazuki
2014-08-12, 01:46 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"Umm..." Sleepy Tyme clings to the cocky mare and glances around, all too aware that the burst of speed decreases maneuverability while flying, so she looks out for obstacles and gives her ride a tug in the right direction if she's about to hit something. "Watch out for that tree!"

To give Autumn a +1 to that check. :smallsmile:

Dudeons
2014-08-12, 02:13 PM
Brass gallops away from the headless horse. He checks his surroundings, and realizes that he could knock the branches out of several dead trees if he hit them hard enough. He slams his body into some ideal trees as he runs past them, hoping that the lost time he spent zig-zagging could trip up his pursuer with the larger branches.

Tree-slamming: [roll0]+2

Batpope Scott
2014-08-13, 06:03 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight stops momentarily and looks down at her hooves, asking "What am I doing?"

She takes flight and grabs a vial of holy water from her vest before lobbing it at the disembodied legs.

She's really not cut out for this kind of work, ya know?

[roll0] +1 Body

Derjuin
2014-08-13, 09:29 PM
Morning Star

Star continues her dead sprint through the woods, desperately trying to whip magic together to form a spell. A blazing light, like a miniature sun, erupts on the tip of her horn, illuminating the path. "Oh, praise the sun! It actually worked," she mumbles under quick breaths.

[roll0] Body +1

[roll1] Chaotic Magic 1: Failure; 2-4: Nothing special; 5: Refund (6 willpower); 6: Both rolls below are 6s
[roll2] Mind +3 to cast Light (SL 6, DT 5) from the Archive. Paying 6 willpower.

Theoboldi
2014-08-14, 10:29 AM
Of all of the six ponies running away from the headless creature, none fall behind in their escape, even Brass, who stops shortly for a kick against one of the more deadened looking trees of the area. Sadly, in his efforts to do so while not slowing down too much, he fails to knock down any branches of considerable size, not creating much of an obstacle.

Reuben's tree related actions, on the other hand, show to be a bit more successful, as he swings himself onto a tree with little effort, shimmying along in the treetops in a feat that defies most, if not all laws of physics, especially given that he somehow manages to keep up with the rest in this more difficult terrain.

Then, Morning's spell goes off, coinciding rather well with Sunlight's celestial water smashing into the creature. And despite it being just a simple Light spell, the results are far more impressive than expected. For one short, blinding flash, everything goes white, as it floods the entire pathway in pure, magical light, halting everything in this sudden moment of power. As your eyes adjust to the sudden brightness, and Morning dials the strength of her spell back enough to let herself see, it's as though the woods, at least in close vicinity to you, are filled with daylight.

To say that the creature does not enjoy this would be an understatement. As the combined strength of the water and the light hits it, it completely dissipates, a formless mass of pure shadow wordlessly smashing itself into the ground with what you can only assume is pure rage. Rather worryingly, the ground shakes ever so slightly under your hooves with this action. The shadow itself begins slowly slithering along the ground behind you, trying to form as it goes, though it is still much slower than in its earlier charge. The distance between you and it is becoming increasingly larger.

Up ahead, you notice the castle getting ever closer, now. From here, though it was impossible to see between the trees earlier, you notice that its front doors are just ever so slightly opened, and could provide shelter from your pursuer, if you make it there in time. You could probably make it there in one last gallop, if you put your mind to it.

This thing's probably not even going to get any attacks off, at this rate. Anyways, another free round with much easier DTs than originally planned. About time we ended this encounter, before it becomes any more of curb-stomp. :smalltongue:

Hazuki
2014-08-14, 10:56 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy blinks rapidly as her vision is suddenly flooded by bright light, clinging tightly to Autumn and continuing to help guide her flying by pointing out any obstacles that might come up.

Again. Enjoy the +1!

RCgothic
2014-08-14, 11:17 AM
Autumn Gale

Gale ducks and weaves through a series of low hanging branches, picking up even more speed in the last stretch before the castle. It's just unfortunate that she happens to be looking right at Morning Star as she casts her spell, being completely blinded by the overpowered dayspell. A moment later she feels Sleepy tugging urgently to the left and Gale banks just in time to feel the wind of something, most likely a low hanging branch, passing by her flank. Normally Gale would ease off if blinded this way, but with no idea how close behind the headless horse is following she keeps pushing, enduring a series of instinctual and heart-stopping banks and weaves around felt-but-not-seen obstacles in response to sleepy's guidance. A final desperate barrel roll sees her vision return just in time to make out the outline of the castle door in front of them and she throws herself and her passenger through -pulling up just inside and allowing Sleepy to step back onto the floor.

"Wow, what a ride!", she declares breathlessly.

To the Castle! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-x1LVYXrKE)

Body +2
Tireless/Endurance +1
Wing power +1
In Harmony +1

Advantages: Flying
Disadvantages: Carrying Sleepy Tyme
The blinding above is no more than fluff.

[roll0] +5

Total: 15

DigoDragon
2014-08-14, 11:49 AM
Reuben

The stallion was having way to much fun swinging up in the trees. He lashes out his whip to a neighboring tree and attempts a long swing to keep up with the running group. "DUuuuuuuUUUuuUUUuuUUUuuuuude!!"

Whip it Good
Gymnastics Skill [roll0]
+1 Industrious (Whip)

Total: 11

Derjuin
2014-08-14, 04:20 PM
Morning Star

Grunting, Morning Star tries to keep her eyes on the path ahead and the rapidly approaching castle. As her vision returns from the intense light, she mumbles to herself. "Some measure of safety, at last!" She galloped faster, hoping to reach the gates in time.

[roll0] +1

Hazuki
2014-08-14, 05:01 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy manages to keep her enthusiasm and fear to herself as she's hurtling through the air with Autumn Gale, clinging on for dear life and glancing around with quite impressed eyes as they duck and weave for the trees. She's had plenty of opportunities to do something like this before, making wings for herself at least, but she's never worked up the courage to cast the spell that will make her airborne, at least not by herself. But now she gets to experience it at relatively little danger for herself, and it's only when she's deposited on the ground that she realizes how much she enjoys it.

"Thanks." Sleepy says meekly to Autumn as they land, glancing about the gateway they find themselves in. "Sorry if I tugged too hard..."

RCgothic
2014-08-15, 01:09 AM
Autumn Gale

"Maybe a little. But as we didn't hit a tree or the ground I think I'm willing to overlook it this time," Autumn jests, lightly slapping Sleepy's back so she knows she's not being serious.

Dudeons
2014-08-15, 03:08 AM
Brass Monocle

Brass galloped after the rest of the group, his attempts to slow the headless horse in vain. He sees the castle up ahead, it's door ajar as the other ponies dash towards it. Not having devised anything clever for getting there, Brass simply books it towards the entrance, running at top speed to clear that last stretch of ground.

Can't think of any way to incorporate Investigation naturally, so it's just a generic Body roll.
[roll0]

Batpope Scott
2014-08-15, 02:27 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight gets her wings in motion for that last little sprint to the castle, tailing behind Brass as he sprints.

Body Roll, I suppose.

[roll0] +1 for Body

Theoboldi
2014-08-15, 05:00 PM
Putting everything you have into this last sprint, you all reach the castle, even if some do it just in time. The first to arrive are Autumn and Sleepy, closely holding onto each other and only just managing to prevent themselves from impacting like a missile on the inside. Only seconds after, Brass and Morning come galloping in, along with Reuben, who has taken a slightly more spectacular route. Which is to say that, with a last swing that would have made Daring Do herself jealous, he catapults himself into the air and comes back down onto the floor with a 10 point landing, only a few steps away from the castle entrance, which he simply rolls into using his momentum.

Finally, even Sunlight catches up, the shadowy creature in hot pursuit just inches behind her. It reaches out, brushing ever so slightly against her tail, before it thankfully is cut off as Sunlight passes through the door, which you slam shut behind her. You hear a last few knocks, something ramming against the large wooden frame again and again, until all goes quiet. It appears that the creature has given up on hunting you.

With your ghostly predator gone, you spend a moment to catch your breaths and take in your surroundings. The light of the moon and your torches brightly illuminates the dark castle hall, giving you a good look at what once must have been a luxurious and decadent mansion, but now is nothing but a decrepit shell. Cobwebs and dust cover almost every surface of the hall, while long unlit torches decay in sconces along the walls. At the far end of the hall is a grand staircase ascending to the castle’s second floor, flanked by two doors on the left and right walls. Hanging over the staircase are the long rotten remains of what were once large picture frames, surely depicting the former owners of this place.

Cinematic mode is done for now. Feel free to explore at your own leisure.

RCgothic
2014-08-15, 05:12 PM
Autumn Gale

Autumn takes a few steps into the hallway, raising her torch in one hoof and peering around.

"So, this being a creepy old castle on a creepy old hill in a creepy old wood in the dead of night... who's up for some exploring?"

She wanders up to the first door on the left and gives it some mock-studious observation. "Hang on, hang on, I've got this! I think I know what this is. Hmmmm. Bad news everypony. This castle's infested with Vampire Doors!"

Hazuki
2014-08-15, 05:17 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme glances about the castle and sticks her tongue out when she sees the cobwebs scattered all over the place, as well as the rotted picture frame, then tilts her head at Autumn as she starts declaring things about vampire doors. "I don't think so, Autumn... There'd have to be vampire trees to make vampire doors, and none of those trees were very bitey."

RCgothic
2014-08-15, 05:21 PM
Autumn Gale

Autumn has no idea what's come over her. She just can't help herself as she deadpans "Well obviously all it takes is for a regular door to be bitten by a vampony."

Theoboldi
2014-08-15, 05:25 PM
Despite all thorough inspection on Autumn's part, she is unable to find any bite marks on the door. At least on this side. The door itself seems unwilling to confirm, nor deny her accusations.

Hazuki
2014-08-15, 05:28 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"Should have bitten the floor...everypony is gonna walk on the floor." Sleepy looks at the ground, then at her legs, then at her hooves connected to her legs and the ground and jumps. "Umm...can we fly again?" She asks, trying as best she can to balance on one hoof and avoid touching the floor.

RCgothic
2014-08-15, 05:31 PM
Autumn Gale

"No actually, you're right. I'm just messing with you guys! These doors won't bite you." She looks thoughtful for a moment. "I mean, these doors probably won't bite you. Seriously, who knows what this place has in store?"

She tries the door handle.

DigoDragon
2014-08-15, 05:32 PM
Reuben

"Well, the light we saw from the outside," Reuben said as he wrapped his whip, "Was up on one of the higher floors. So... I guess we take the stairs... well, I mean use them." He walks over to the stairs and looks up at the paintings for just a glance before he takes the first couple of steps up.

"Pretty sure there aren't any vampire stairs."

RCgothic
2014-08-15, 05:33 PM
Autumn Gale

"Reuben! Quit skipping to the end! We've got an entire castle to search first!"

Hazuki
2014-08-15, 05:38 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"...do they have a library?" Sleepy Tyme muses out loud, nodding at Autumn Gale's words as she starts to stroll idly around, avoiding the cobwebs. "I wonder if I could enchant one of the books so that we can go inside it..."

Batpope Scott
2014-08-15, 05:40 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight collapses on the floor after the doors close, panting as she takes a moment to stretch her wings. "That thing almost got me. Did Page Turner say what would happen if something goes wrong in the book?"

As she collects herself and hears the debate about the inanimate vampires, Sunlight comments "I'm fairly certain the stairs aren't vamponies. The Vampony Queen wouldn't have anypony to eat if the stairs kept getting them first."

She pauses before adding "Though that thought isn't exactly comforting..."

DigoDragon
2014-08-15, 05:42 PM
"Reuben! Quit skipping to the end! We've got an entire castle to search first!"

Reuben jumped back down off the stairs. "Oops, sorry. I didn't this was a... chapter house."

Theoboldi
2014-08-15, 05:43 PM
The door swings open without much resistance, creaking under the effect of century old rust. One could probably consider the fact that this relic of a door has not yet collapsed under its age a miracle. What you find behind it, however, is a room that is not nearly in as much disrepair as the rest of the castle. Shelves line the walls, stuffed to bursting with enough books to fill two floors.

At the far corner a massive fireplace holds a flame, surrounded by exceptionally comfy looking seats and couches. In the other two corners, small manually cranked elevators serve to ferry visitors up to the second floor. A chandelier hangs from the middle cross of the second floor catwalks, which are suspended by massive pillars circling the room. Directly above it, you can make out some sort of large mechanical device, though you couldn't possibly make out what it is from here.

Reuben, meanwhile, as he walks up the stairs, can faintly make out a sound in the distance. It's hard to tell, through the thick stone walls of the castle, but it sounds suspiciously like music of some sort.

RCgothic
2014-08-15, 05:46 PM
Autumn Gale

"Well ST, you did ask for a library," She says as she steps into the room.

DigoDragon
2014-08-15, 05:49 PM
Reuben

The stallion gets much closer to the others. "Errr... I heard music. Up stairs. Musical upstairs. That might indeed be the end chapter."

Hazuki
2014-08-15, 05:53 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy glances over the library and wonders just how much detail the author puts into the world, and how it interacts with the magic. So she wanders along the bookshelves, paying particular attention to the names of the books, the titles on their spines, and looking out for any marked "Whinnystrad" or that are entirely blank, as authors frequently leave such details unless they want to be cheeky.

DigoDragon
2014-08-15, 06:09 PM
Reuben

The stallion doesn't wonder too far into the library, his curiosity fixed on the odd machine up above the catwalks. "I want to know what that big device thing does. Seems out of place." He goes to one of the elevators and tries working the crank.

Theoboldi
2014-08-15, 06:36 PM
As Sleepy works her way through the rows of books, she notices that most of them share rather generic names, many of them appearing multiple times, with some books even having no name at all. A quick perusal tells her further that only the named books appear to have text within them, though they certainly appear to be filled to the brim with readable text, however that works.

Soon, however, her eyes fall on a book entitled 'Whinnystrad: A Comedy of Six Fiendhunters'. Opening it up reveals a rather surreal read, in what you quickly realize to be a parody of the stories that typically appear in this comic. It tells of five ponies, all rather conveniently connected to a mare kidnapped by terrible vampony count, who intends to turn her into his bride. Under the mentorship of a grumpy and eccentric old wizard, they train to stop him, and eventually storm his castle, on their way getting past ancient evils with surprising and comedic ease, mostly involving lots of running.

Eventually, they confront the vampony count, who spends most of the final confrontation whining about a never before mentioned tragic backstory of his, while the vampony hunters sneak away with his victim behind his back, and leaving some sort of explosive in her place. The story ends on the vampony biting into his 'victim' and the word 'BOOM' in huge letters, leaving you to wonder what in the name of Celestia you have just read.

Reuben easily manages to crank the elevator to move upwards, though at a considerable squeaking. It seems that whoever takes care of the books does not use the elevator very often. The device, as he notices now, is made up of several gears and models of planets. A few nearby lying maps of the sky and starcharts make it obvious that it must have something to do with Astronomy. Reuben might recognize it as an orrery.

http://public.klp.rm.com/establishments/8745404/TheOrrery/picture%20library/Orrery.jpg

DigoDragon
2014-08-15, 06:56 PM
Reuben

Reuben walks along the catwalk. "Oh it's one of those... Orrery things up here. That's neat, I guess," he says to no one in particular. The stallion wanders around a bit up here to see if there's anything else of interest.

Perception: [roll0]+2 = 9

Derjuin
2014-08-15, 08:20 PM
Morning Star

Morning Star looks about the halls, a bit ...disgusted, by their state. "Ugh, it is...quite dreadfully dull and dusty in here," she bemoans, shying away from the walls. When her companions enter through a door, she sneaks in behind them. Her eyes fall over the books, stacked high in shelves all over the place. "At least something seems to be well kept in here." She winces as Reuben cranks on the elevator-doodad, her nerves still a bit shaky from the chase.

Seemingly safe, she makes her way over to a couch and slumps down in it, letting out a sigh. "What a chase, hm? I wonder what other excitement this story has in store for us," she muses, beginning to hum a jaunty little tune to further calm herself. Her eyes catch on the chandelier above, admiring the light it casts over the room.

A jaunty tune (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkwNxYMz_j4)

DigoDragon
2014-08-15, 08:38 PM
"I wonder what other excitement this story has in store for us,"

"Hopefully a kitchen," Reuben said as he nibbled more on his garlic braid. "I could go for a snack about now."

Dudeons
2014-08-16, 02:28 AM
Brass Monocle

Brass had made it through the door, out of breath after the chase. He may be an earth pony, but he was hardly an athlete. Everypony was heading for the library, except Sunlight and Morning, who were waiting. Eventually getting his bearings, Brass looked about the place, noting it's general design. After this, he follows the rest of the group into the library. Brass looks about the library, a very sizable room positively filled with books.

"This could have rivaled Princess Twilight's library," Brass thinks. He notices the orrery, for which Reuben had just gone up an elevator in order to take a look at. Brass decides to take the other elevator, gritting his teeth in annoyance as the elevator creaks and groans the whole way up. Once he's up with Reuben, he takes a look at the orrery, trying to see if it had been used recently. He could hear music playing, just like Reuben did. There were a few doors up here, so Brass pressed his ear against each one to see if the sound was coming from behind any of them.

Investigation: [roll0]+7

I'm assuming I can hear music on the second level like Reuben, right? Unless this is some kind of hallucination he's having. :smalltongue:

RCgothic
2014-08-16, 06:09 AM
Autumn Gale

Autumn leans on the back of the couch behind Morning Star. "Yeah, I was expecting to have run into something else by now, not just an empty library."

Theoboldi
2014-08-16, 08:57 AM
While Reuben does not notice much except for more astrological cards lying around, he and Brass can tell that the Orrery has seen more use than most of the rest of the castle they've seen so far. In fact, someone seems to have put more than a little bit of effort into keeping it clean and orderly.

Brass, being as skilled as he is at this, notices something that might be even more interesting. Given the layout of the device, he makes note of the fact that the library of the castle must be lying on the north side of it, meaning that the entrance, along with the window he earlier saw light coming from, have to be to the east. If the sun were to rise, they'd be the first places to be doused in light.

Most of the doors, meanwhile, turn out to be little more than storage closets, filled with even more books. One, however, on the southern side, appears to lead further into the Vampony Queen's lair, as Brass can hear what clearly is the sound of an organ being played through it. However, he figures that whoever is playing is not in the adjacent room itself.

Hazuki
2014-08-16, 10:24 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme flicks through the book for any important information, but finds that her efforts are remarkably unfruitful, as far as valuable information on vamponies go. She puts it back into its slot on the shelf regardless, not wanting to incur the wrath of the Vampony Queen, and wanders into the center of the library.

"I don't think there's anything here, guys. Maybe another door..." She says, oblivious to the orrery and its purpose.

DigoDragon
2014-08-16, 10:43 AM
Reuben

"Hmmm, anypony know how this machine works?" Reuben looks around for any kind of controls that might get it moving. "I feel like it's important. It's kept unusually clean compared to everything else here."

RCgothic
2014-08-16, 10:45 AM
Autumn Gale

Autumn looks up from her place on the back of the sofa. "We could try the one across the hall next."

Theoboldi
2014-08-16, 06:32 PM
Reuben easily finds the controls of the orrery amongst the starcharts, and to his own disappointment, discovers that the machine is in all ways a regular orrery. Even a close inspection by Brass does not yield any further results. You do not find any secret compartments or functions that range beyond that of a regular device of this kind. Whoever is using it does so only for reasons of astronomical research.

Batpope Scott
2014-08-16, 06:44 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight goes to open the other door, stating "We may as well see everything on this floor, so here goes nothing."

Theoboldi
2014-08-16, 06:59 PM
Beyond the door, Sunset is greeted by what surely was once a huge and lavishly decorated banquet hall, but now is only a tattered remains of its former self. A long table rests in the center of the room, it and the decadent chairs surrounding it being the only pieces of furniture that have survived the years.

Atop the table are several platters, all piled up high with food. Amongst this feast is everything one could ever wish for, from blood red apples to sweetly smelling pies. However, your appetite is soon ruined, as you notice around the table a group of four animate pony skeletons are working on preparing this meal for someone. When the door opens, they turn to stare at you for a few moments, before they slowly start creeping towards you.

Cinematic Mode? Cinematic Mode. For purposes of not making this a nightmare to figure out, I'll assume that you all went with her to check out the room.

Also, because of the lavish foods present in the room, Reuben will suffer from his fatal flaw for the duration of the encounter.

Hazuki
2014-08-16, 07:20 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy Tyme closes her eyes for a few moments as the boney creatures start advancing towards them, attempting to remember anything she's learned about reanimated skeletons and how best the gang of ponies can defeat them. To help herself remember, as necromancy is not even close to her forte, she starts to softly sing a mantra to herself.

"Spooky scary skeletons,
Send shivers down your spine...
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul,
Seal your doom tonight..."

Identify weaknesses of skeletons! Stat!

Mind: [roll0]

DigoDragon
2014-08-16, 07:21 PM
Reuben

The stallion comes down from the catwalks using the elevator and picks up the rear of the party... in a completely "he's following everyone and not in a dirty way" kind of way. "Well, I found nothing interesting in the library catwalk. What did you find heeeeeeEyowza! Reuben moves to the front of the group.

"Hey, undead dudes, or... do you prefer the term living-impaired? Are we invited to dinner? Please say we're invited."

OOC
Reuben spends his first turn trying to get around the skeletons and reach the table of food.

Dudeons
2014-08-17, 12:20 AM
Brass learns what he can from the orrery, noting how the sun would come through the windows. Brass looks over it some more; the well-maintained nature of the machine implies that it was used by the castle's current residents, and Brass felt there was something more to it than the Vampony Queen fancying astronomy. Seeing the others leave, Brass decides follow them, coming down from the catwalk with Reuben.

"There probably wasn't anything else important up there," Brass thinks, "And if there was, it's not going anywhere. I hope."

Coming in with the others, Brass is just as surprised as the others as the skeletal ponies appear and start to advance on them. Brass checks his inventory and his surroundings, trying to come up with a way to take care of the skeletons.

RCgothic
2014-08-17, 09:06 AM
Autumn Gale

Gale, on suddenly being confronted with a tableful of skeletons, flits forward and attempts to kick the nearest one in its empty, hollow face!

Brashness! It was under B!

Body check:
[roll0] +2

Batpope Scott
2014-08-17, 02:19 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Stunned by the skeleton's appearance, but only giving a moments pause before throwing more celestial water. Please let this be the answer to all my problems... she thinks, as she wings a vial straight at a skeleton.

[roll0] +1 Body

Derjuin
2014-08-17, 04:32 PM
Morning Star

Stretching her legs one more time before getting back up, Morning Star follows the group into another room, only to be accosted - slowly - by a group of skeleton-ponies! She recoils with a gasp and takes a cue from Sunny, levitating a vial of her own celestial water and tossing it skelepone-ward.

[roll0] +3 (mind, I assume, for levitation)
I GOT A 6 THIS TIME, YOU KNOW, BECAUSE MY BRAIN ADDS 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0766.html)

Theoboldi
2014-08-17, 05:00 PM
By analyzing the situation in the room, thinking back to everything they have heard about necromancy in both fiction and reality, and glossing over their equipment, both Sleepy and Brass quickly come to the realization that these animated skeletons are only mindless constructs, created as tireless servants who can take care of everything important around the house.

Such beings are usually created without the involvement of actual souls and such, making them rather easy to dispatch. You figure that a good application of celestial water would be enough to short-circuit their magic, though really they move so slowly that you could easily smash them to pieces, which would have the exact same effect. There are other, more situational weaknesses these creatures have, like an inability to move in sunlight, or the possibility of simply disenchanting them, but you figure that the former two options are much more practical for your purposes.

Meanwhile, Sunlight and Autumn dash into action, along with Morning, doing what they can to take out the skeletons. Autumn's hooves connect squarely with an empty skull, smashing through perhaps a bit more easily than they would in real life. The force of her blow is strong enough to knock down the rest of the bones as well, reducing her enemy into a lifeless heap.

Sunlight, in that same moment, scores a direct hit with her flask, breaking it open and spilling the water all over one of the skeletons. It stops mid-movement, looking as confused as a featureless skull can, and then falls apart as the necromantic magic holding it together fails. Morning's attempt to do the very same fails, however, as in the panic of the moment she misaims her throw by just a few inches.

The skeleton, entirely unaware of his barely avoided destruction, shambles in the direction of Reuben along with the other remaining monster. They don't appear to be amused by his suggestion, and in fact very eager in their attempts of stopping him from eating their mistresses food. Halfway between the doorway and the table, the two attempt to latch onto him, and give him a rather painful bite.

Reaction from Reuben, please.

DigoDragon
2014-08-17, 06:03 PM
Dinner

"Eep! I wanted to be invited for the meal, not as a meal!" Reuben complains. He dives down into a ball and attempts to tumble in between the monsters toward the table!

Gymnastics
[roll0]
+3 Body
-1(?) Flaw

Total: 10

Theoboldi
2014-08-17, 06:20 PM
Reuben, still as swift and athletic as ever, weaves and dodges through the grasps of the pony skeletons, easily escaping their attack. His tumble lands him right in front of the table, a safe distance from further attacks of the undead duo.

The fact that your fatal flaw applies to a situation means that you get no bonuses from your attributes, though there's no other penalties. All skills and edges work normally. Though you made the roll anyways. Anyways, second turn. I'll just end this scene once there's two successful attempts at attack, since I don't want to bog you down too long fighting four mooks.

Hazuki
2014-08-17, 10:20 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy tiphooves around the skeletons as two of them are obliterated by her companions, picking up one of the hefty chairs in her hooves and attempting to bash it over the head of one of the remaining skeletons, remembering her knowledge about their weaknesses as she does so.

Body: [roll0] +1 = 11

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 12:56 AM
Autumn Gale

Having met with success the first time, Gale repeats her kick at one of the two remaining skeletons!

Body Check:
[roll0]

Batpope Scott
2014-08-18, 01:24 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight tries the same approach as the other ponies, trying to imitate Autumn's flying kick on one of the skeleponies.

[rollv]2d6/rollv] +1 Body

EDIT: Botched it. :smallsigh:

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 07:38 AM
Reuben

The stallion grabbed a delicious smelling pie off the banquet table and took in the aroma. "Oh yeahhh..." He took a big bite and savored it quickly. "Mmm... oh dear me, where are my manners! You servants should have a bite too. You're all looking a little... bony! PIE FIGHT!" He scooped up a slice from the tin and hurled it at the nearest monster.

Throwing pie!
[roll0]

Theoboldi
2014-08-18, 07:59 AM
Sleepy's 'hooves on' approach is more successful than one would expect from the usually not very physical unicorn, as she uses her front legs to firmly grasp the nearest chair and swings it right into one of the skeletons. As it turns out, unprotected dry bone is no match for a solid piece of oak, and the weight of the chair shatters the creature to pieces.

And while Reuben's pie misses completly, Sunlight and Autumn have somewhat more success. Their kicks hit right on target, smashing away their skeleton's body under its head. Gravity does its part to destroy the rest of the undead automaton, ending the threat these creatures have caused you. While this room otherwise seems like a dead end, at least now you've got the food for yourselves.

Cinematic mode is over. :smallsmile:

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 08:09 AM
Reuben

"Woohoo, victory slice!" Reuben cheers as he eats another section of the delicious pie he acquired.

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 08:17 AM
Autumn Gale

"Glutton!", Autumn laughs at her friend, nudging him lightly in the ribs. "It's a wonder you manage to stay in shape!"

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 08:52 AM
"It's a wonder you manage to stay in shape!"

"It takes a lot of energy to deliver sandwiches and slay vampires," Reuben replies happily.

Hazuki
2014-08-18, 10:17 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy drops the chair once the skeleton has been shattered into pieces, looks around the room, and decides that there's nothing more of interest. She slips out of the room and starts to trot up the stars.

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 11:17 AM
Autumn Gale

"It takes a lot of energy to deliver sandwiches and slay vampires," Reuben replies happily.

"You haven't even slain a vampony yet!", she teases.

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 11:34 AM
"You haven't even slain a vampony yet!", she teases.

"I'm just warming up," Reuben defends with a smile as he grabs a few other morsels and stuffs them in his pockets. He spears an apple with one of the stakes.

Derjuin
2014-08-18, 01:25 PM
Morning Star

Star settles down after all the skeleponies are defeated, though when she investigates the food she strays far away from their bone-piles. Uncertain about whether the food is actually safe to eat, she merely lifts an apple from one of the platters with her telekinesis, stowing it in her cloak. If nothing else, it could serve as useful ammunition against more dusty skeletons. After Reuben helps himself to more of the food, though, she nicks two more apples, taking a small bite from one. "I'm surprised they served such varied food," she muses, looking over the platters again. "Très intéressant, non? Were they a vampire fruitbat pony, you would think they would serve only fruits."

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 01:31 PM
Autumn Gale

"Omnivorous Vamponies. Worth noting," Autumn muses. Then realising one pony is missing, she trots back out into the corridor. "Hey ST, wait up! I'm not sure how safe it is to go wandering off alone." She quickly catches up with the unicorn and hovers at her shoulder as she ascends the stairs.

Dudeons
2014-08-18, 01:43 PM
Brass watches the skeleton ponies, waiting until they were in an optimal position. While he was, Sleepy, Sunlight and Autumn quickly took out the remaining skeletons. Perhaps there is a time for jumping into things after all. Brass sees Reuben and Morning Star taking food off the table, Morning Star and Autumn discussing omnivorous vamponies.

"It would be hard to write a horror story about vamponies that ate nothing but fruit," Brass muses. Brass takes an apple, quickly looking over it to make sure it wasn't poisoned or anything. Can't be too careful in a horror story like this. Satisfied, he trots off after Sleepy and Autumn, looking over the room as he leaves to make sure there wasn't anything else of interest. Of course, to his trained eyes, a couple moments looking around can tell him a lot.

For checking the room as I leave and checking the apple. Doubt there's anything bad, but, you know, the meal was prepared by the living dead. That can't be FDA approved. :smalltongue:

Theoboldi
2014-08-18, 01:58 PM
As Brass leaves the room, careful to check every corner, he cannot help but notice what appears to a trap door, oddly enough on the ceiling. It's a stone mechanism, neatly fitting in with the ceiling's texture, though its hinges give away its location to a trained eye rather handily. Brass further determines from the look of the hinges, that one could not open the door from this side, unless one was willing to break it down entirely. The apple, meanwhile, appears to not have been altered in any obvious way that would indicate injection of poison into it.

As the rest of you make your way up the stairs, you begin hearing the sound of an organ playing again, getting closer with every step you take. Whoever is playing must be nearby. Reaching the very top, you are met with a long hallway leading south, lying directly above the entrance hall you were in just moments ago. Its dusty walls are lined with four doors, two on the left, one at the end of the hallway from where you hear the continuing music of whoever resides here, and one to your right, which you figure must be the one leading back to the catwalks of the library.

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 02:01 PM
Reuben

The stallion trots off to catch up with with the rest of the group heading up the stairs. "Maybe this vampony sucks out the color red?"

OOC
FDA = Functional Dead Adversaries?

Batpope Scott
2014-08-18, 02:07 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

"Well, it could be stuff that's tasty... kinda like candy? You know, it doesn't do anything for you but you like the taste."

Sunlight flutters over to the stairs behind Autumn and thinks to herself That organ piece is lovely, if a bit spooky. I wonder what it is...

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 02:10 PM
Autumn Gale

"So that door probably leads back to the Library," Autumn muses aloud. "The door at the end is probably the boss's lair, so one of these ones on the left?"

Hazuki
2014-08-18, 02:13 PM
Sleepy Tyme

The black mare tries to open the nearest door on the left.

Theoboldi
2014-08-18, 02:17 PM
Sleepy finds that the first door on the left appears to be locked, even though strangely enough it does not appear to have a keyhole. She is unable to simply open it.

Hazuki
2014-08-18, 02:22 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy trots down the hall and attempts to open the last door on the left.

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 02:30 PM
Autumn Gale

"Huh! That's weird," Gale says as Sleepy gives up on the first door. "Must just be stuck."

Gale plants her front two legs and gives the door a good solid buck.

Body +3

[roll0]

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 02:48 PM
Reuben

"Need some help with that door?" Reuben asks. "It probably don't hurt to get an assist."

Reuben uses Kick

Does this count as 'Acting in Harmony' for Autumn?

Roll just in case:
[roll0]+3 = 9

Theoboldi
2014-08-18, 03:24 PM
With their combined efforts, Reuben and Autumn knock the door of its hinges. It shoots out a tiny magical spark, revealing the nature of its lock, before sliding downwards into the darkness on the other side. Somewhere on the first floor of the castle, you hear a loud crash mixed in with several squishes. You figure that this slide leads into the trapdoor that Brass noticed earlier, and anypony who takes a minute to check for it will confirm that the door has crashed into and ruined the once delicious banquet.

The door Sleepy tries next leads to an an actual room, however, and what it lacks in size compared to the banquet hall and library this one makes up in sheer luxury and upkeep. Had you not seen the rest of the castle, you'd be thinking this place belongs into a modern mansion, as you see none of the cobwebs and dust that plagues everything else.

In the center of this large room lays a large coffin, opened up and carefully decorated to look like an ornate canopy bed, completely with pillows and blanket. On its edge rests a small, ragged, plush dog with a collar reading 'Sprinkles' in fancy lettering. The walls of this room are decorated with magnificent scenic paintings of Equestria's greatest cities, like Cloudsdale and Canterlot. The rest of space that remains is mostly littered with books, trinkets, and other personal effects, and it is somewhat difficult to move about with all of them in the path of your hooves.

Hazuki
2014-08-18, 03:28 PM
Sleepy Tyme

After giving the bedroom a once-over, Sleepy retreats back into the hall and looks to the other ponies. "Bedroom." She tells them simply, then points at the remaining door. "So maybe that's the bathroom."

RCgothic
2014-08-18, 03:40 PM
Autumn Gale

Autumn pokes around in the detritus. "This room's clearly frequently used. Definitely by a Vampony. Coffin makes that an easy guess. Probably by a Vampony... Queen? she guesses, unable to associate a stuffed dog called sprinkles with stallion. "What do you think, Brass? This sort of thing's usually your forte."

Search (Mind): [roll0]

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 03:40 PM
You figure that this slide leads into the trapdoor that Brass noticed earlier, and anypony who takes a minute to check for it will confirm that the door has crashed into and ruined the once delicious banquet.

"Aww dang... that's not good," Reuben whispers. "Guess I won't be going back for seconds." He walks over to the next room and watches from the hallway.

Derjuin
2014-08-18, 04:19 PM
Morning Star

"Wait for me!" Morning Star calls, trotting up the stairs at the tail end of the group. When she arrives upstairs and tries to peek over the other ponies' shoulders at the bedroom, she first evaluates the room as nice, but cluttered; then takes notice of Sleepy's terseness. "Sleepy, dear? Are you alright?" she asks, a little worried.

DigoDragon
2014-08-18, 05:04 PM
Reuben

"Vamponies... don't have a reflection, right? I think that was a thing about vamponies."

Hazuki
2014-08-18, 09:52 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy tilts her head at morning then smiles slightly. "I'm okay. Are you?"

Batpope Scott
2014-08-18, 10:19 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Flinching at the loud crash, Sunlight states "One would wonder why the Queen hasn't come to see us. She can't be oblivious to our presence..."

Hazuki
2014-08-18, 10:25 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"She has time to prepare if she knows we're here and headed for her. It's what I do if I were a Vampony queen." Sleepy says to Sonnet as she expresses her concern.

Dudeons
2014-08-18, 10:45 PM
Brass Monocle

"Hmmm..." Brass says, mulling over the scene between bites of the apple he took, "A vampony queen could have resided here. I've heard of vamponies sleeping in coffins to hide from the sun, and this room does seem designed to have one occupant overnight. Not to mention it's used and maintained much more than the rest of the place, excluding the library. Although, Sunlight raises a valid question; the queen clearly knows we're here, and has probably found a place to wait for us. Although, if the sun comes up, she may have to return here."

Brass looks about, his own rambling just providing an outline for what's going through his mind. "The 'Sprinkles' plush, probably something from her former life, something important to her. The room is quite ornate, implying a royal status. And books; dear Celestia the books! A queen-sized library downstairs, and a good deal of personal reading here. For business or pleasure, though?"

Brass trots about the room, carefully examining the place. He checks some of the books lying about, seeing if there was some recurring theme between them, and also noting other trinkets scattered throughout the room. Brass even follows his 'bit-dreadful mystery' instinct and checks behind the paintings for hidden compartments or secret exits.

"These stories are starting to get to me," Brass thinks.

Investigating everything in the room. Yes, even that. Especially that.

DigoDragon
2014-08-19, 07:22 AM
Reuben

"What if she's just house-sitting for a friend?" Reuben asked. "I mean, okay probably not, but it's possible this wasn't originally her castle."

Theoboldi
2014-08-19, 08:25 AM
From what Autumn and Brass can gather, the books strewn across the floor are mostly classics, adventure stories and mystery novels. There are not too many ongoing themes between them, at least as far as rudimentary reading and your pre-existant knowledge of literature can tell you. However, these are not the only books you find. In a more interesting turn, you also find quite a few books on astronomical studies and phenomena, ones that look like somepony flipped through their pages regularly. Their paper is ripped and folded, and on some pages you find that short notes have been added on the sides.

Brass, in his more careful search, checks everything in the room for secret compartments. His meticulous search leads him from picture frames, to off-looking bricks in the wall, all the way to possible hidden compartments in the casket. One can imagine his disappointment when he finds that indeed, something had been hidden under the bed. He ducks under the wooden casket for a moment, reemerging with another book, smaller than the others, and without any visible title. Though for a book lacking title and a cover, it is rather ornate, bound in fine leather and decorated with actual gemstones. A tight fitting lock seals it shut, preventing you from opening it.

Hazuki
2014-08-19, 08:27 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy attempts to open the last door that they haven't checked.

DigoDragon
2014-08-19, 08:57 AM
Reuben

Reuben stays by Sleepy, just in case something tries to jump at her. He hasn't read many horror stories though, and can't remember if it's the pretty mares or the goofy stallions that get attacked first by the monster? Maybe if the party had a pet dog?

RCgothic
2014-08-19, 01:28 PM
Autumn Gale

Focussed on the book, Autumn is oblivious to Sleepy and Reuben heading off into danger.

"Can we pick the lock? Or maybe we can cut it off?"

Mind check: [roll0]

Dudeons
2014-08-19, 01:49 PM
Brass Monocle

Brass, concluding his investigation, is set upon by a new development; a book. The book is locked shut, and he didn't recall seeing a key during his search.

"Perhaps..." Brass says to himself as he analyzes the lock. Surely there could be a way to open it. If it was that important to the Vampony Queen, surely it would be valuable to him. He tries to see if there's a way to pick the lock with what he has available to him, both on hoof and in the room in general.

[roll0]+7

Finding a way to bypass the lock.

Derjuin
2014-08-20, 02:59 AM
Morning Star

"Oh, alright then," Morning smiles back to Sleepy, moving into the bedroom and carefully maneuvering about the room. She looks on as Brass and Autumn attempt to open what looks like a locked diary, treading back over to the hallway. "I'll be...out here," she says uncomfortably, looking around again. "With Sleepy and Reuben. Let us know if you find anything!"

Theoboldi
2014-08-20, 08:50 AM
As a minor note, I''ll rule that Brass' skill training and 'Elementary my dear' does not apply in this situation, since it does come down to picking a lock in the end, though I'll give the rest of his bonuses a pass. Also, he takes a disadvantage for needing to improvise lockpicking tools. Which in total, means that his roll amounts to a 9. Which, if I let Autumn's action count as acting in harmony, just beats the DT. So I'll let it count for that.

After studying the surprisingly simple lock on the book for a while, Brass and Autumn realize that one could easily pick it, even if one was untrained in such thief-ish operations otherwise. A quick search of the room produces an old hairpin, lying conveniently on the floor, and with its help the two of you push open the lock handily.

Opening up the book to its first page reveals it to be written entirely in hoofwriting, the same elegant font used by whoever scribbled those notes in the scientific tomes strewn across the chamber. The ink looks old, already fading off the paper in some places, and a date written into the upper right corner makes it clear why. The earliest contents of this book were written several hundred years before present day, making this book very old indeed. A header crowns the page on the left side, giving you a dead certainty of what you are about to read.

'Dear Diary'

It is in that moment that Sleepy opens up the last door. The imposing frames swing open, the sound of music filling the halls louder than ever before. At the far end of the room, past the few benches facing east that make up most of this room's furniture, stationed in front of a massive wall of windows, is a huge pipe organ. Sitting at the organ is a deceptively young looking pegasus, with a warmly green fur and a long light blue mane, batlike wings wrapped around her back like a cloak. Her cutie mark is barely visible past it, but from what you can discern it looks a bundle of shining stars. She is using hoof and wing to calmly play, even as the doors behind her creak open. As you enter, she finally stops her music and turns to face you.

"You've made quite a ruckus, my dear visitors." she croaks, with a voice as old as dust, yet somehow still strangely compelling. "But that's alright. You can make up for all of the damage you caused. All this music can make a mare thirsty, you see." You're not entirely sure how, but something in her voice is starting to affect you, as though you are being hypnotized!

And cinematic mode is go. Reuben, Sleepy, and Morning need to make reactions against the Vampony Queens compelling voice.

Hazuki
2014-08-20, 09:06 AM
Sleepy Tyme

"Hey, no!" Sleepy declares as the Vampony Queen attempts to take control of her allies, her her horn pulsing briefly, a wave of magic dissipating over the unicorn as her own voice suddenly becomes more compelling. "Stop talking! I'll let you drink from me if you just ask nicely! If you keep doing this, all the other ponies are gonna try and beat you up, but I think you might be nice." She says, unstrapping her bandoleer of holy water and stakes with one swish of her hoof, so they clatter to the ground. "Pleaaase?"

Cast:[roll0] + 7 = 15

Compelling Voice
Target: Individual
Range: Contact
Effect: Modify
Subject: Mind
Spell Level: 8 (Easy, DT 5)
Description: The caster's voice suddenly becomes more convincing, their every word being heard like a convincing and well thought-out argument, even if it they just spout nonsense. Whoever the caster speaks to must be able to understand their language for the effects of the spell to work.

This is basically a buff version of Enthrall from the Canterlot archive, but just sounnding very charming instead of enslaving:

Enthrall
Target: Individual
Range: Seen
Subject: Mind
Spell Level: 8
Description: The caster takes temporary control of the mind of another being and bends it to their will. The target remains under the control of the caster for the remainder of the scene or until released, dispelled, or reminded of their true nature, similar to a dragon resisting becoming a monster.

DigoDragon
2014-08-20, 09:09 AM
Reuben

The stallion tries to fight the compulsion by thinking of a catchy earworm song. He fills his mind with familiar lyrics to combat her tempting voice.
"Everything is awesome... everything is cool when you're part of a team..."

Mind check
[roll0] (+2 mind) = 11

RCgothic
2014-08-20, 12:46 PM
Autumn Gale

"Ponyfeathers!" Autumn curses as sounds of commotion from the other room sound the death knell for her and Brass's in-depth research. "Quick, what's her name! Her name!"

She runs a hoof down the page, looking for a signed entry.

Derjuin
2014-08-21, 03:01 PM
Morning Star

As soon as Morning Star feels the compulsion from the Vampony Queen's voice, she closes her eyes and covers her ears with her hoofs, shaking her head. "No, no, nope, no, I can't hear you..." she mumbles, attempting to keep her mind clear.

[roll0] + 3? for Mind or Heart, I figure

Theoboldi
2014-08-21, 03:27 PM
"Ask nicely?" Sleepy's request seems to have hit a nerve with the Vampony Queen, though not a good one, as a hint of anger flashes up in her crimson red eyes. "Don't try to goad me with your honeyed words and empty promises. You will let me drink your blood, but you shall do so on my terms."

Her words now directly focused on her, Sleepy feels an increased influx of magical power, wearing down on her brain. Just obeying that pegasus begins to feel ever more inviting, her voice increasingly irresistible. Meanwhile, Reuben's and Morning's more defensive approaches work better, and between thoughts of their friends and old songs filling their heads, they manage to resist the compelling power of the voice.

The Vampony Queen is starting to advance towards you, leaving herself open to your reaction.

Sleepy takes [roll0] willpower damage, but does not fall prey to the Vampony Queen's control yet.

Autumn now can search for the Vampony Queens name with a mind check to quickread the pages of the diary.

Hazuki
2014-08-21, 03:34 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"I'm not going to fight you..." Sleepy sullenly says to the Vampony Queen, walks off to the corner of the room, and sits on her flank. She turns her face away from the fighting that's about to happen, puts her forehooves up to her ears, and closes her eyes.

RCgothic
2014-08-21, 03:35 PM
[roll0]
10 letters.

DigoDragon
2014-08-21, 03:52 PM
Reuben

The stallion gets in the vampony's way to keep her from advancing on Sleepy Tyme. "Hey, no pony is going to take Sleepy's blood except Sleepy! ...which she already has it. So yeah. If you're thirsty, have a refreshing taste of Celestial water!" Reuben grabs a flask of the water and splashes the vampire with it.

Throwing
[roll0]
+3 Body

Total: 7

Batpope Scott
2014-08-21, 03:58 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight wanders in after the ruckus starts, wondering what's going on. "That's not who I think it is, is it?"

Derjuin
2014-08-23, 07:29 AM
Morning Star

"Wait!" Morning Star shouts, jumping up next to Reuben. "We needn't solve this with violence. Vampony Queen! I'm sorry we intruded on your castle, but please give my friend's words a chance!" She motions to Sleepy with a hoof. "Consider, please, if you will! What if you didn't have to fight anypony anymore? If you keep this up, you'll just attract more and more enemies. Wouldn't it be better to have friends, instead?"

[roll0] + 3 Heart check plus skill training (Persuasion)

Dudeons
2014-08-23, 11:37 PM
Brass, opening the book, begins reading through it. However, the sounds of a fight going on elsewhere draw his attention as he realizes he needs to work quickly. He reads through the book quickly, hoping to glean any valuable information that was in there in a hurry.

Theoboldi
2014-08-24, 11:36 AM
Fun Fact: Reuben, Sleepy, and Morning Star would all have gained a point of Virtue just now, if they weren't still at their maximum.

The Vampony Queen continues approaching Sleepy, seemingly unimpressed by both her words and Reuben's heroics. Even the flask that the young cook throws is easily deflected by a swing of her wings, batting it into the closest wall. She grins a dangerous smile, fangs glittering in the corners of her muzzle.

Then, she stops as Morning Star makes her own plea, visibly mulling over her words. "Do you shrivelling wretches expect me to believe such lies? That you would venture all this way to my castle, fight your way past my minions, only to ask for my friendship?" Her wings raise her into the sky, as magical energy starts flickering around her. "I won't fall for such trickery. My power shall serve only my purposes!"

Meanwhile, Autumn and Brass are flipping through the book, gathering information at a surprisingly swift rate, though several hundred years of badly written prose are still difficult to get through. What they can gather, is that the writer of this diary was a young pegasus astronomer by the name of 'Rain Blossom', who from all appearances grew up in Cloudsdale, or at least somewhere nearby. Most of the earlier entries are rather unremarkable, but soon enough another name begins emerging, appearing more and more with each passing page.

Apparently, Rain Blossom fell in love with a young stallion referred to as 'Alupolc', who later offered her to travel Equestria alongside him under the guise of scientific studies, but in reality so that the two lovers could spend time together. You are feeling very lucky that you lack the time to experience the prose of these passages fully.

"Surrender yourselves, and be quiet! You will be my feast, and nothing more." The Vampony Queen, in an arcane feat that should be impossible for non-unicorns, unleashes a swarm of bats into the air from seemingly nowhere. They flock into the room, racing down and attacking everypony present.

Time for reactions.

Character
Reaction?
Danger

Sleepy Tyme
Yes
Attacked by summoned Bats

Autumn Gale
No
Safe in the adjacent chamber

Reuben Rye
Yes

Sunlight Sonnet
Yes

Morning Star
Yes

Brass Monocle
No
Safe in the adjacent Chamber

Hope this table helps clear up who is in danger of what and gets to make an reaction.

Hazuki
2014-08-24, 12:21 PM
Sleepy Tyme simply keeps herself tucked away in the corner, only noticing something amiss when she starts to feel bats starting to bat and bite at her tender unicorn flesh. She peeks out from behind her hooves and spots the hail of bats that are attacking her friends, and reaches out for the only thing that she knows is going to work - magic. Her horn suddenly blazes into life, pulsing as it's twisted to one side, then she flicks her head towards the center of the room as all of the energy unfurls to form an emerald maelstrom in the center of the room, which pulls and tugs at all of the bats, drawing them into its depths to be spirited away to parts unknown.

[roll0]

From the Canterlot Archive:
Group Teleport
Target: Group
Range: Known
Duration: Immediate
Subject: Body, Magic, Space
Spell Level: 11 (Average, DT 10)
Description: The caster is able to teleport an entire group of characters, themselves included, to somewhere any character in the group is familiar with.

Oh, they're being teleported to the furthest away part of this world that Sleepy has seen herself.

DigoDragon
2014-08-24, 12:34 PM
Reuben

"Ack! Flying rats! Flying rats!" Reuben shouted. He ran around the vampony in circles trying to avoid getting betting by the buffeting storm of furry bats that nipped at his tail. "Get 'em off! Get 'em off! Get 'em off!"

Running
[roll0]
+3 Body

Total: 10

Derjuin
2014-08-25, 02:31 AM
Morning Star

"Eep!" Star jumps and pulls the long jacket up over her mane, peering out from under it as the swarm of bats descends on the group.

Body check I think? It's like a reflex, so I assume so. [roll0] + 1 Body

Batpope Scott
2014-08-26, 01:27 AM
Sunlight's ears droop as the bats fly toward her and she gives a shriek as she drops to the floor, trying to duck the oncoming bat swarm.

Let's hope that counts as a dodge. :smallwink:

[roll0] +1 Body

Theoboldi
2014-08-26, 03:28 AM
The pandemonium of the bat swarm endures for one or two horrid seconds, as they scratch, claw, and bite at you with a ferocity only the wildest animals can muster. Amidst the chaos, you feel rather glad that these animals are only about the size of a hairbrush. Nonetheless, the 4 of you do everything in your power to protect yourself from the onslaught.

Reuben's and Morning's methods are rather effective, as while their manes still get thoroughly ruffled, their violent motion does its part to keep them safe from their attackers. But Sunlight Sonnet , falling on the floor as she does, is easy prey for the bats, the swarm swiftly descending upon her and scratching away at her face, along with every other exposed part of her body.

Rescue comes, however, in a flash of light that sees to the sudden disappearance of the summoned creatures. Though Sleepy can feel the increasing strain of magic on her mind, her spell is a full success, ending the Vampony Queen's attack and protecting Sunlight.

"Foals!" The Vampony Queen opens her eyes after being momentarily blinded by the flash of magic caused by the teleportation spell. "You cannot hope to best my undead magic!"

Sunlight takes light fortitude damage of [roll0]. Normally it'd be medium damage for failing the roll, but Sleepy's come to the rescue once again.

Anyways! New turn! Everyone describe your actions!

Batpope Scott
2014-08-26, 04:03 AM
Sunlight Sonnet

Sunlight quickly stands up with a look of rage as she straightens herself out. She evidently isn't fond of bats.

"That is enough!" Her hoof stomps down like a mother demanding her children's attention in a show of legendary tantrum. "Your little play-time is over, miss vampony! You will sit and behave like a good girl! Nobody will be doing anymore fighting here!"

Spending a point of Valor to use Show Stopper. Nobody can make any aggressive actions this round.

I don't know if this requires a roll or if Sunlight can use this to try and convince her to stop being a pain or something as well, but here's a heart roll.

[roll0] +6 for Heart, +1 for Charismatic.

Derjuin
2014-08-26, 05:20 AM
Morning Star

As the tide of bats subsides, Star warily stands back up, trying her best to finagle her mane into something less of a mass. "Ma crinière..." she quietly whines, an exaggerated frown forming on her face. She whips her head to the side and flips her mane, not at all satisfied with what she can do for now - but fixing it will have to wait.

Star isn't sure how much insinuating that the Vampony Queen is a child will help, but she might be able to help smooth that out. "We mean no insult, or harm, madame Vampony - honestly and truly." She steps forward, taking a deep breath and exhaling. "We wish to extend our friendship to you, because we believe that everyone benefits from having friends...even Vampony Queens." She smiles, holding a hoof up in the Queen's direction.

Helping Sunlight with the Persuasion

Since we're doing a Persuasion check, here's an additional roll from my Persuasion skill: [roll0] with a +1 from harmony

RCgothic
2014-08-26, 05:23 AM
Autumn Gale

Autumn gives a nod of satisfaction at the knowledge gained. "Come on Brass, I think we've got what we need! Bring the book!"

She snatches up the stuffed dog and dashes for the queen's room, holding it in front of her like a talisman.

"Rain Blossom! You don't have to do this! How could Sprinkles approve of what you've become? Wouldn't you rather be giving lectures at Cloudsdale Astronomical Society, rather than shut away in this mouldy old castle in this creepy forest? Don't you get lonely? With just your skeletons and books for company? A pony isn't meant to live alone..."

That last line is delivered almost sadly. Autumn lowers Sprinkles a little and steps towards Rain Blossom.

"Alupolc... Alupolc sired you, didn't he? I can just imagine him using his charms on you, all studly and dreamy-eyed... He wasn't a good friend to you. He was never your friend. Just preying on an innocent filly who didn't know better.

But we could be! We could be your friends! Take my hoof Rain Blossom! Take my hoof and stop being alone! You can be the filly you once were! You can deserve Sprinkles' love again!

Just take my hoof. Be our friend!"

Autumn smiles warmly, quietly urging Rain Blossom on!

Join us!
(Ok, going to assume aid from all but Sunlight Sonnet...)

Heart check +3 (Improved Gifted Heart Morning Star)
Acting in Harmony: +4

Skill training: persuasive (Morning Star) 3d6

Advantages +4
Knows her name
Has Sprinkles
Tempting her with her interests (astronomy)
Sympathy for tragic backstory (alupolc)

[roll0] +4 to max 12, then +7.

Roll is 5, modified to 9, +7 is 16 Total

Hazuki
2014-08-26, 05:43 AM
Sleepy Tyme

Uncertain of how she can help with the speech about all kinds of things that she doesn't know about, the sleepy Sleepy sneakily trots over to behind Autumn, her horn glowing as it forms a sparkly green aura around the mare. It'll remind the Vampony Queen of herself.

Yo.

DigoDragon
2014-08-26, 07:44 AM
Reuben

He stands on the opposite side of the vampony from Autumn to flank, but takes no aggressive action. Reuben just watches to see if it is possible to befriend a vampony, chewing on a clove of garlic.

Dudeons
2014-08-27, 11:18 PM
Brass Monocle

Having gathered information from the diary, Brass rushes after Autumn, the book clutched in his mouth. Seeing Autumn give her epic speech towards the Vampony Queen -Rain Blossom, according to the diary- Brass opens the diary, referencing examples in order to back up Autumn's statements.

Acting in Harmony with Autumn.

Theoboldi
2014-08-28, 04:48 PM
That's a pretty good roll. Good enough to end cinematic mode, in fact. Feel free to act freely, now.

Also, have the math behind this, since you probably want to know just how awesome of a roll you got.

Dice roll (with help from morning): 8
Two Advantages (Having Sprinkles, Information from the Diary): +2
Sunlight's special purpose applies: No Disadvantages
Sunlight's Heart Score: +6
Talented (Charismatic): +1
Acting in Harmony: +5

Total Roll: 22, enough to beat a 'Daunting' DT. The actual DT to get her to listen was 15. I'd say we've got a critical success on hand.

The Vampony Queen stumbles' back at Sunlight's Assault, awkwardly sitting herself down on the floor. Despite her efforts to hide it, she appears uncertain on how to react to Sunlight and Morning's words. At first, she just stares down at Morning's extended hoof, not entirely sure what to do. With a face not entirely unsimilar of a lost foal, she uses one of her wings to point at Reuben. "But that red one threw celestial water at me......"

It is then that Autumn charges into the room, Sprinkles held aloft. The Vampony Queen appears confused by this most recent development, but when Autumn and Brass begin talking about her past, she can barely bring herself to look at them, visibly shocked by their knowledge. By the time they have finished speaking, she seems almost afraid, and her voice has lost the hypnotizing edge it had completely. Her creaky voice sounds old, and tired.

"I understand you've read my diary, then. So you know how I came to be like this. And your words do sound so inviting. In this undead form, I've not had many friends." She sighs, heavily, and sniffs shortly. "Yes, he was the betrayer that brought me this curse. Turned me to such a creature who'd prey on the innocent and be feared by all.......feared by all, except for you."

In the corner of her eyes, you spot tears beginning to gather. "But how can I know that you are sincere in your offers? How can I know that you do not seek to use my powers, or abandon me like those I knew before I became this?"

Hazuki
2014-08-28, 04:52 PM
Sleepy Tyme

"'Cause...magic..." Sleepy pants softly. "Is harrr..." She passes out into a heap on the ground, the buff of adrenaline having ran out of her, and the numerous potent applications of magic having taken a lot out of the little pony.

DigoDragon
2014-08-28, 06:00 PM
Reuben

"Whoa, Sleepy, don't think this is the time to be your namesake," Reuben said. He rushed over to her and fanned the mare down, sitting her in a more comfortable position than 'heap'.

Spending a Valor point to heal Sleepy~
[roll0]

Batpope Scott
2014-08-28, 06:19 PM
Sunlight Sonnet

Seeing the Vampony Queen in a weak moment, Sunlight sees a very scared girl underneath all of Rain Blossom's mystifying power. She walks closer and carefully reaches to hug Rain Blossom, doing her best to not be threatening. "It's alright, sweetheart." Sunlight coos to the old vampony "We've all been hurt before, you've just been through some of the worst. What you need, though, is good friends. You don't have to be bitter anymore."

Sunlight smiles and states "There's no reason to be scared of us, hon."

Here's a heart roll, since I think it's probably necessary.

[roll0]
I'm guessing +6 Heart, +1 Charismatic, maybe an advantage for the hug? Kinda grasping at straws there.

Theoboldi
2014-08-28, 07:36 PM
It takes a few, long seconds, for the Vampony Queen to decide what to do. At no point does she look at Sunlight like at a friend, but it is clear that she is conflicted. But finally, she smiles, warm and friendly this time, as she returns Sunlight's hug. The pegasus can feel a few tears dropping onto the back of her mane.

"You are right. I've been scared for far too long." Rain Blossom keeps up the hug for nearly half a minute, before finally pulling herself back. "You've been far too kind, strangers. I thought myself forever turned a monster, but if I can find acceptance amongst hunters of the undead, there may still be a chance for me to live among ponykind. Thank you, all of you."

After wiping away a last few tears from her eyes, she looks at you almost as sheepishly as before, not entirely sure how to say phrase her next words. "Oh, and,...um.......sorry for attacking you."And as soon as she says so, you are engulfed in a blinding light, your forms being whisped away like the bats were earlier.

As you realize that you have reached the end of this particular issue of 'Whinnystrad', the six of you find yourself teleported back to the comic shop, where Page Turner is busy sorting various comics back into their shelves. Hearing your return, she quickly turns her head, prancing towards you eagerly. "Ah, nice to have you back! Did you enjoy yourself?" Her cheerful pitch stops for a second as she notices Sleepy, well, sleeping. "Huh. Someone's not too used to running from big monsters, I guess? These books can give you a workout, I suppose."

Hazuki
2014-08-28, 07:58 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Reuben's quick administration of motivation to Sleepy's mind manages to allow her sleep in a somewhat more dignified pose, though she still slips into a short kip. The ebony mare is jostled by their sudden return trip, even the bouncing of the banana mare not quite enough to stir her from her sleep in any significant way. "I need to stop being on the floor..." She mumbles, steadily getting to her hooves.

DigoDragon
2014-08-28, 08:23 PM
Reuben

"Are you going to be alright?" Reuben asked Sleepy. "Maybe one of these comics has an advertisement in the back for a mattress?"

Hazuki
2014-08-28, 08:31 PM
Sleepy Tyme

Sleepy nods gently as her horn glows, adjusting her hair-sticks into their proper places as she rubs her eyes with her hoof. "I think I'll be okay...I've just never used that much magic before..." The unicorn looks away from Reuben and mutters to herself. "But it's all I can do well."