PDA

View Full Version : How can I put a setting up for collaboration?

kiapet
2014-08-05, 06:25 PM
I've had an idea rattling around in my head for some time now to create a setting for d20 modern based on a popular book series (Percy Jackson). I even have a pretty good idea of the basics on how everything will fit together. The problem is, in order to do so I would need to create many new advanced classes that were balanced with each other and the original game, as well as a monster manual and whatever else was needed. This seems like too great a task to complete on my own. I've seen settings and even completely new RPGs created in a collaborative environment online. So here's my question: How can I share my idea on the internet so that like-minded people can at least see and comment on it, or even contribute?

TheFamilarRaven
2014-08-07, 09:19 AM
If it's a brand new RPG... write down the basics of the mechanics and post them online so that others can evaluate them.

If it's simply modifying an existing system, post your custom creation online so that other people can evaluate it.

If you're looking for people to help you ... That might be harder. Because while people may be willing to critique your work, many don't want to commit to a large scale project over the internet where they can't actually communicate in person. But you can always ask I guess.

As a rule of thumb, if you are building a new world, it goes in the world building forums. If your homebrew is mechanical in nature, it goes here.

You might want to dig around on these forums too. I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two homebrew for Percy Jackson.

As for "new" creature, it might be easier to modify existing monsters in any d20 system to fit D20 Modern. If it's Percy Jackson (which is pretty much Greek Mythology if I'm not mistaken). If they don't have minotuars in D20 modern, then borrow them from DnD or something. As for classes, your on your own there.

Hope this helps.