PDA

View Full Version : Music in PbP Games

Iamyourking
2014-08-05, 11:31 PM
I've wanted to provide some musical accompaniment to my Play By Post games for a while, but ran into some difficulty when I started looking into ways to provide it. Every site I've checked does not allow you to post music unless you own it or are acting on the behalf of someone who does; leaving me without a lot of options. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a viable solution? The best I can think of is looking for Youtube videos of the music, but there's no guarantee that that will work and since Youtube won't allow me to post the songs without owning them I'd still be going against the rules by viewing said videos.

Iamyourking
2014-08-13, 04:09 PM
I guess that's a no then? Unfortunate, I'd think there would be some way of doing this.

Sartharina
2014-08-13, 04:15 PM
I've wanted to provide some musical accompaniment to my Play By Post games for a while, but ran into some difficulty when I started looking into ways to provide it. Every site I've checked does not allow you to post music unless you own it or are acting on the behalf of someone who does; leaving me without a lot of options. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a viable solution? The best I can think of is looking for Youtube videos of the music, but there's no guarantee that that will work and since Youtube won't allow me to post the songs without owning them I'd still be going against the rules by viewing said videos.
... what's wrong with linking and viewing Youtube videos? They've got the legality of that sorted out - it's fine.

Iamyourking
2014-08-13, 04:21 PM
The main issue I had was that there was no guarantee I'd find what I was looking for with YouTube while I already have all the mp3s and that if I can't legally put the music up myself I'm not sure that whoever did did so legally. I suppose it's better than nothing though.