PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Robocop

Threadnaught
2014-08-06, 06:32 AM
Okay, so having seen the Death Battle and found the legendary Armbow, which looks pretty sweet. I'm wondering how to turn the humble Armbow into Robocop's Weapon Arm.

I want at least high explosives. Flamethrower if possible.

How to get this at as low a level as possible?

I wonder how many people will post full builds. :smallamused:

Beardbarian
2014-08-06, 06:55 AM
Warforged + Min WBL possible?

Threadnaught
2014-08-06, 07:09 AM
Well since Armbow is a Warforged Component, it was implied that Warforged was the Race I had in mind.

And yeah, I'm wanting an Armbow that can behave as a missile/grenade launcher. Possibly also a Flamethrower if it's cheap enough. For the least expense possible.

supermonkeyjoe
2014-08-06, 08:36 AM
This sounds like a job for a wand chamber, lets you embed a wand in a weapon and use it as though you were holding the wand in your hand.

Threadnaught
2014-08-06, 05:14 PM
Okay, Wand Sheath, that adds the potential to add either the Missile/Grenade Launcher, or the Flamethrower, but how to add both at once, without sacrificing the gun?
I wondered if it were possible to have a Wand Sheath and Armbow on the same arm, but it seems to have already been handwaved.

I don't lose too much from Warforged if I go Dragonborn do I?

Cranthis
2014-08-06, 06:48 PM
You could do this with just the armbow and some magic. Grenades? Fireball. The spell description makes it seem pretty grenady anyways. Flamethrower? Burning hands.

Red Fel
2014-08-06, 06:51 PM
I don't lose too much from Warforged if I go Dragonborn do I?

Nope. You still count as a Warforged for anything that requires "Race: Warforged," which includes your Warforged body feats and Warforged components. You also retain your Living Construct subtype, with everything that entails. You gain the Dragonblood subtype, and you either gain the Humanoid type or retain the Construct type (depending on how you read the Dragonborn entry - it has been debated). This is why Warforged are among the most perfect races for the Dragonborn template - since the race essentially consists of subtype traits and ability modifiers, almost everything is retained by Dragonborn. (I think you lose your slam attack, but that's about it, really.)

TheIronGolem
2014-08-06, 07:29 PM
If Pathfinder is available, a bomb-focused Alchemist would cover a lot of your bases, particularly with the Grenadier archetype.

KillianHawkeye
2014-08-06, 08:05 PM
What? :smallconfused:

Since when does Robocop have a "weapon arm"?? Robocop has a big pistol that fires 3-round bursts (or fires nonlethal tranquilizers if you're talking about the pansy reboot) which he keeps inside his leg, and that's about it. His arms are just robo-arms.

Robocop is a cop, not friggin' Arnold Schwarzenegger! Cops don't use explosives and flamethrowers.

Tohsaka Rin
2014-08-06, 08:18 PM
Robocop 3.

KillianHawkeye
2014-08-06, 08:36 PM
Robocop 3.

Really? Damn. Aside from the part where Robocop gets an awesome jetpack upgrade, I had pretty much deleted that one from my memory. :smallsigh:

Ah well, carry on!

captain fubar
2014-08-07, 10:58 PM
do you mean ed-209 or did the protagonist get "weapon arms" in the new movie?

lytokk
2014-08-08, 07:38 AM
If you can't put the armbow and the wand sheath on the same arm, you could always put a wand chamber in the armbow. And since the bracer slot on one arm is taken, put a wand sheath in your other bracer slot and you've got your spells. Unf I think you still need the spells on a spell list or ranks in UMD.

Actually, forget the armbow. Two wand sheaths and go warlock. You get your ranged attack, the UMD, and a lot of the warlock invocations can easily be refluffed as mechanical abilities.

Threadnaught
2014-08-08, 08:17 AM
What? :smallconfused:

Robocop is a cop, not friggin' Arnold Schwarzenegger! Cops don't use explosives and flamethrowers.

Reason I would rather play as Robocop than the Terminator. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjlnoAT_ns)

For similar reasons, I'd rather play as M. Bison than Shao Kahn.

Technically speaking, the character I have in mind isn't actually a cop, being a freelance mercenary in a Shadowrun style campaign. He's mostly focused on Stealth, but I need something a little more powerful and flashier than the Slam Attack as combat looks like it's going to be very common.

pansy reboot

You mean Cyber Suit Wearing Cop?

do you mean ed-209 or did the protagonist get "weapon arms" in the new movie?

Robocop 3, he got an attachable Weapon Arm he could replace his left hand with.