PDA

View Full Version : Original System Final Fantasy D6-2 (A fork of Final Fantasy D6)

CombatOwl
2014-08-06, 08:51 AM
Since Dust's Final Fantasy d6 game hasn't been updated in over a year now, and the developer seems to have vanished, I'm going to step up and make a new fork of the system. I'm calling this fork of the game Final Fantasy D6-2 to avoid confusion with Dust's game. You can find a link to Dust's Final Fantasy d6 here: Final-Fantasy-d6-(Complete-System) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?173958-Final-Fantasy-d6-(Complete-System)).

That said, what sort of specific updates ought to come first?

On my current immediate list:

Implementing a Slots Fix for Gambler
Balancing Paladin
Fixing abilities that do not work as written (E.G. Thief's feint as a standard action)

On the long-term list:

A better system for "multijobbing," quite a lot of jobs are too dependent on their innate job ability to let people move to other classes, like Geomancer or Dragoon.
Some additional love for non-magic jobs. I have ideas for this, but nothing concrete right now.
A Geomancer rewrite to make it more reliably useful.

I've got some more long term ideas, but I'd like to see what the community suggests or has in mind. Are there any glaring errors that you know about which ought to be fixed? Typos? Any concepts that aren't sufficiently explored or detailed? Is there a Job Ability that just doesn't work like you expect? A Job Ability that everyone seems to avoid? A job that no one uses? I'm soliciting opinions about what ought to go into this first release of FFD6-2. I'm even open to more long term ideas, like new job proposals or new job abilities.

I'm not just copying and pasting Dust's words, so expect an initial alpha version sometime around the first week of September.

GGambrel
2014-08-16, 08:01 PM
I am unfamiliar with Dust's Final Fantasy d6 game, but I think you may want to call your modified/reimagined game something other than d6-2 (perhaps FF d6 (v2)). To me, and I imagine several other readers, d6-2 = -1 through 4 with equal probabilities of each integer. At least that's what I thought when I saw the title.

Sounds neat. Perhaps I should look at the Dust's version later so I can make suggestions. :smallsmile:

steelsmiter
2014-08-20, 02:44 AM
(perhaps FF d6 (v2)).
I'm pretty sure Dust's system is v. 2.??

Der_DWSage
2014-09-03, 11:59 AM
I'll be watching this with interest, good sir. That said, I'd keep the unofficial errata (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OwsoL61TcDXR_EMaJCWUjnyYjSYMJDeiUmJZZxrOpJA/edit) in mind as well-other things that require fixing include the Skill cap/gains, Accuracy, and the poor scaling of most abilities that add a damage step.

I actually have a current FFD6 group going, so I can playtest whatever you come up with that seems reasonable.