PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic Season 2 (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Emperor Ing
2014-08-06, 12:19 PM
((Thread Four. This is the freaking FOURTH thread for this game. That's freaking incredible.))

The interior of the town hall is rather unusual. It's a strange mix of sterile yet decrepid, with beige and white painted walls lit by enchanted fixtures on the ceiling that, while not intensely bright, are somehow painful to look at. It keeps the room lit in an eerie, almost ghostly bright white light.

So I was wondering... Adepha muses out loud. What if Mayor Eclipse is actually Dominated?!

Despite the worn-out appearance of the town hall, there aren't very many ponies about. Spotting the grey pegasus mare you believe to be Dime Dozen is fairly simple.

Knacooth seems confused (probably because he doesn't speak Equestrian) but Queen Arlia looks shocked. Spark, what makes you think she's Dominated?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-06, 12:29 PM
Spark sits down next to Knacooth, < Sorry Knacooth I still have trouble controlling my voice> Then Spark preceeds to answer Arlia in Dovah. <She has been acting strange today, ever since our game. At first i thought she was just being her normal competitive self, but then, she started to zone out in a sense, every time she looked at a pony whose eyes would flash yellow. She would lock eyes with him and zone out.>
Spark hangs his head for a second, before continuing.
<And if her eyes are doing the same thing, then how can we tell with the Lens Changlings grow over their eyes.>

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 12:54 PM
So I was wondering... Adepha muses out loud. What if Mayor Eclipse is actually Dominated?!

Sabina gave a worried frown to her BCFF (Best Changeling Friend Forever). She whispered her concerns. "How would we even know anymore? I mean, apparently being under this magic voodoo doesn't change your personality much, so anyone could be under the spell effect and we might not know. Gear and I are non-casters, which means you and Subtle are our only chance in figuring out who's DUI*" She pointed out the gray pegasus to her friends afterwards and led the way to meet her.

(*Dominated Under the Influence)

Rater202
2014-08-06, 01:05 PM
But if he was dominated, then why would he have broken the Domination on Pencil Pusher?

Gear is starting to get worried about Adepha again

Emperor Ing
2014-08-06, 01:39 PM
I don't know. Adepha admits. But what if he faked breaking the Mind Control? What if he's the one who cast the Domination?! I mean, we all know how he's probably the most powerful unicorn in Equestria. He could totally do it, and he's completely nuts, so who knows what he's actually up to! As outlandish or somewhat plausible as her theory is, and as doubtful as it is Adepha actually believes it, it's clear Adepha's at least a bit frightened by something.

Mom starts to look worried. <A Dominee will otherwise seem normal, but when acting on orders they'll act strange, sometimes they'll even try to interact with auditory and visual hallucinations, um, I mean, they'll do things like try to talk to ponies or listen for noises that don't exist.>

<Just tell me where this Dominator thing is. We Linelatians have a way of dealing with them i'm sure we'll all come to enjoy.> Knacooth snarls, pounding a hoof on the table. Somehow the table remains intact, but it doesn't stop the room from shaking from the sheer force behind the blow.

<Come on.> Mom, completely unfazed, attempts to calm the ambassador. <Whoever this is is a criminal, yes, but they still have rights. Force is a confession of weakness. Any violence we inflict on them is a confession of our inability to handle those who aggress against us.>

Although it's hard to tell through the Lineolatian's red eye-lenses, Spark gets the sense the draconic changling's eyes are rolling. <Pppht. You were so much more fun four centuries ago. Besides, by your logic, this dominator confesses the weakness of their argument by requiring force to manipulate changlings and ponies into doing their bidding.>

Mom makes a faux face of surprise towards Knacooth. <Oh my goodness! Am...am I actually getting through to your thick skull?>

Rater202
2014-08-06, 02:04 PM
I don't know. Adepha admits. But what if he faked breaking the Mind Control? What if he's the one who cast the Domination?! I mean, we all know how he's probably the most powerful unicorn in Equestria. He could totally do it, and he's completely nuts, so who knows what he's actually up to! As outlandish or somewhat plausible as her theory is, and as doubtful as it is Adepha actually believes it, it's clear Adepha's at least a bit frightened by something.

Mom starts to look worried. <A Dominee will otherwise seem normal, but when acting on orders they'll act strange, sometimes they'll even try to interact with auditory and visual hallucinations, um, I mean, they'll do things like try to talk to ponies or listen for noises that don't exist.>

<Just tell me where this Dominator thing is. We Linelatians have a way of dealing with them i'm sure we'll all come to enjoy.> Knacooth snarls, pounding a hoof on the table. Somehow the table remains intact, but it doesn't stop the room from shaking from the sheer force behind the blow.

<Come on.> Mom, completely unfazed, attempts to calm the ambassador. <Whoever this is is a criminal, yes, but they still have rights. Force is a confession of weakness. Any violence we inflict on them is a confession of our inability to handle those who aggress against us.>

Although it's hard to tell through the Lineolatian's red eye-lenses, Spark gets the sense the draconic changling's eyes are rolling. <Pppht. You were so much more fun four centuries ago. Besides, by your logic, this dominator confesses the weakness of their argument by requiring force to manipulate changlings and ponies into doing their bidding.>

Mom makes a faux face of surprise towards Knacooth. <Oh my goodness! Am...am I actually getting through to your thick skull?>

Adepha? are you feeling alright?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-06, 02:13 PM
Adepha? are you feeling alright?

Yeah, of course I am! She clearly doesn't believe that, either. Why wouldn't I be?

Rater202
2014-08-06, 02:20 PM
Yeah, of course I am! She clearly doesn't believe that, either. Why wouldn't I be?

Because you very clearly don't believe yourself when you say you're fine?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-06, 02:20 PM
< Four Centuries!? I knew you were an old friend to mom, but i did not think that old.> Spark then looks down on the ground, as if a question came to his mind, < did you know....> Spark shakes his head before finishing his question. He knew now was not the time for that line of Thought if Adepha was in danger, Spark would do his damnedest to be there for her. Spark follows his mother and the behemoth so that he may know what to do.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 02:25 PM
"How did I end up in a position where I wished I was still a unicorn?" Sabina asked herself. She sighed. "Well, we need to figure out some way of knowing who is and who isn't a puppet. Where did the mayor say that spell was at? The 5th floor of the library?"

Well, since they were here, they might as well talk to the pegasus mare. Sabina ran over to the winged pony. "Excuse me, ma'am? I have a question for you if you're not too busy."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-06, 02:37 PM
I... Adepha finds herself unable to respond. She knew Gear was right. Perhaps it would just be best to let it out of her system.
Look, i'm scared, alright?! She confesses. We have someling I-don't-know-who forcing ponies to do whatever, making everypony mad so the Summit is a failure! If the summit's a failure, then what am I gonna do when I grow up? Am I gonna have to hide forever? I mean, I don't wanna live here forever, I wanna fly! I wanna do things, like maybe join the Wonderbolts, be the first Changling on the group. Or maybe second if Dysante joins. I don't wanna be stuck hiding in this town from ponies who think we're all just love-sucking monsters. At this point, the nymph is trembling. Nothing makes sense. I don't know who's dominated, everyling wants me to solve all our problems using magic spells I can't cast, and... She cuts herself off, trying to choke down a sob.

<Actually, less than four centuries.> Mom clarifies. <But I suppose it is...close enough.>

<Another thing you should look out for. When in the presence of the Dominator, the Dominee will act very strangely, often looking to them or listening to them for instruction to the exclusion of all else.>

<Did I know...what?> Knacooth asks.

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 02:46 PM
Sabina didn't even pause for a response from the pegasus. "Do you remember advising Sunflower earlier today that the shops needed to be closed up for summit security?"

Rater202
2014-08-06, 02:55 PM
Gear hugs Adepha.

I promise that I'll do everything in my power to make sure you'll be able to fly free someday.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-06, 03:24 PM
Spark closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he wanted to know the answer just as much as he didn't, and any answer he got would shock him all the same. < I will wait till after the summit, on asking you that question. Forgive my rudness Knacooth.> Before i leave, Do either of you know a Thuum that will help me in finding or stopping the domination spell?>

Humble Master
2014-08-06, 04:27 PM
Subtle joins Gear in giving Adepha a hug "Hey, don't sweat it. Noling is expecting oyu to solve everything with your magic. If anything I should be the one expected to know some spell that will solve this. We can do this, the same way we managed to make it through that crumbling Warrior Cadre temple and find Spark after he was kidnapped. No matter what, we will get to the bottom of this mystery for Arlia, for Olith and for you."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-06, 05:27 PM
Adepha sniffed, but smiled, thankful for all the support she was getting. Thanks you guys...I really hope I don't let you down.

Dime Dozen only just now notices the filly below her. Oh, hello. Sunflower? I'm sorry, I don't know who that is.

Ugh. Knacooth facehoofs at Spark's trepedation. <Sorry Arlia but you're decades out of practice. What you want to do is speak the Bend Will Thuum in reverse. It sounds like->

VOD HAH LOG!! A wave of power washes over you, you can feel the fingers of energy on the edges of your thought. However the feeling dissipates, having inflicted no harm nor bestowed any tangible benefit on Spark.

Mom, on the other hoof, looks offended. <"Out of Practice" am I?>

<To your credit, you ARE still fluent. Your accent still needs work.>

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 05:36 PM
Oh, hello. Sunflower? I'm sorry, I don't know who that is.

Sabina does her best to describe the stallion. "He's about yeah-high cream-coated stallion... a little snivelly I guess. If you don't remember him, do you remember anything about getting a memo to close the shops in town?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-06, 05:40 PM
<Thank you knacooth.> Spark bows to his mother's guest, <thank you mom.> Spark hugs her before leaving. Spark flies out of the palace, as fast as he could. As he closed in on the park, he did not see his friends stay next to the Mayor. He wondered just were did they go. He thought maybe they were outside the Town hall like before, but as he circled over again they were not there. Were are they? hmm Spark lands outside Town Hall by a bench to try and figure out where they may have gone.

Humble Master
2014-08-06, 06:33 PM
Subtle prepares to blast Sunflower with a Bedlam spell incase she runs and puts her keen eye to work trying to see a sheen of magic in Sunflower's eyes.

Observation:[roll0]+6=14

Emperor Ing
2014-08-06, 07:04 PM
Oh yeah. Those. Dime gives Sabina a flat look. We're doing what we can to process all the fake notices, but they're all too different. We can't just give everypony notices that their stores aren't closing, even though we're certain all of them were forgeries.

Although Subtle looks, she can't see any yellow sheen in the Pegasus' eyes nor does she give any indication she'll be fleeing. She does however notice Adepha look up as an Earth Pony mare walks up to her with a stack of papers in her hoof.
However, that's exactly what we'll be doing. The new pony says as she puts down a stack of papers. As soon as we can get the Mayor's approval, all of the notices hoofed out on behalf of Hive Hemiphera and Hive Lineolatus are null and void. They're all forgeries anyways. We've been processing them for hours and we still haven't seen one legitimate notice.

Wait, you can do this?

Well, we need the approval of the Mayor first, but otherwise yes. We're just taking initiative.

Outside the town hall, ponies and the occasional changling are milling about, some are walking in and out, but he can't see any foals or nymphs. One of the ponies does walk up to him though, this one a light orange coated unicorn stallion. Hey there, umm...ugh. I should know your name by now. You're literally the only dragon in town. Anyways, you look like you're waiting for something.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-06, 07:20 PM
Spark looks up to the unicorn, Light orange? Kind of... Spark looks the unicorn up and down. I don't remember you, What was your name again?

Rater202
2014-08-06, 07:22 PM
The stallion, um, Sunflower, was under a domination spell, the mayor thinks that somepony in this office was replaced by a changeling that doesn't want the summit to happen.

Can either of you name somepony whose been acting oddly the last few days, other than the aforementioned Stallion?

Generic social roll:[roll0]+4 9

DigoDragon
2014-08-06, 07:23 PM
"So they're all forgeries huh? Any ideas where they all came from? ...and may I have a couple? Purely for research purposes so that I know what not to fall for later."

Rapport: 19 (crit)
[roll0] +6

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 12:45 PM
Sorry, we've never met before. You're the only dragon in town, so I think I should know you. My name is Shining Hill.

Eh, sure, Go ahead. Take 'em. Dime hoofs Sabina several of the forged papers presumably that have already been processed. We were going to shred them anyways.

I'm...I don't think anypony has been acting odder than usual.

Well the Olithians in general seem a bit on-edge. Beyond that, nopony's been acting wierd. No, we have no idea where they came from. All we know is that some ponies have been getting them.

Just then, there is a flash of bright indigo light indicating the arrival of Indigo Eclipse through teleportation, with a dazed and confused Sunflower Seed in tow.

Ah! Mr. Mayor! Perfect timing! We have notices printed telling everypony to ignore all mandates made on behalf of the visiting Hives, we're awaiting your approval-
Yeah, do it! He interrupts without even looking. I'm done with this nonsense. Do any of you have any idea who made these closure notices?
Um no-
Well find them. It's been at least full 12 hours since i've kicked somepony's flanks, long overdue.

Rater202
2014-08-07, 01:16 PM
Mr. Mayor? If whoever did it is a changeling that's infiltrated your office to sabatoge the summit, then wouldn't they have disguised themselves as a different pony each time they did something?

At this point, Gear notices that Adepha hasn't said anything since the Earth mare came in.

Adepha, are you alright? You're being awfully quiet.

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 01:25 PM
Sabina smiled and accepted the fake papers. She would hope their 'make' would yield a clue to their origins. She was about to turn around and regroup with her friends when... well a nagging thought came into her mind. It was something Adepha said earlier... 'What if Mayor Eclipse is actually Dominated?!' With the mayor here in front of her, Sabina realized that if anyone could be dominated, then maybe everyone could be dominated.

Trust no One.

Sabina quietly watched the conversation between Gear and the adults. She remembered that the mayor said something about the caster's aura in the dominated pony's eyes... if the lighting was just right? She tried to examine these ponies' eyes without being too overt about it.

Rolls!
Incognito: 16 (crit)
[roll0]+3

Observation: 17 (crit)
[roll1]+4

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 01:30 PM
Spark thinks for a second and is not sure giving his real name to a strange is wise, Nice to meet you Shining Hill, I am Blaize. Spark felt wrong using his brother's name, but if it ment his personal safety then he'd live with it. What broguht you over here Shining? Spark asks with a smile on his face.
observation
[roll0]+2=9
banter
[roll1]+6=15

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 01:54 PM
THAT'S what i'm going to find out. Indigo says before entering his office, punctuated by a slam on the door.

What? Oh! Adepha seems to have been startled somewhat. I've been quiet? Sorry, i've just been thinking about what a "Detect Domination" spell might look like.

As Mayor Eclipse walks up to his office, Sabina has a difficult time looking at his eyes as she can only see the back of his head. However, she does notice the earth pony mare who apparently just got approval to distribute the "cancel the cancellation notices" papers has a sickly yellow sheen in her eyes! Sabina doesn't see a similar sheen in Dime Dozen's eyes, however.

Well... Shining showed Spark the paper he was holding. It told him that Main St. will be closed for the duration of the Summit for security reasons. I've heard that a lot of ponies have been getting these, and they're probably fake, so i'm hoping if I can get mine looked at, I can sell my peaches again. At the minimum, maybe Baked Goods' store will reopen so I can supply him.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 02:05 PM
Yes they are fake, I have talked with the Ambassadors about it, along with the Mayor and Queen. Some pony or Ling is trying to cause unrest, and distrust for the summit. It seems they want the Changlings of the other hives to be hated, by the citizens of Vanhoover. Spark gets up and seems to be thinking, Who or why would some person want to do this, i am not sure yet. Spark then Slams one of his claws into the other, to add a physical motion to the resolve in his voice.Who ever this person is, they have shown their weakness of character, by forcing other ponies to do their dirty work. if you will excuse me Shining i need to get to the bottom of this mystery. Spark then thinks that it was time he find his friends again, and maybe try that thuum on Adepha, either way it won't harm her. it can only help her.

[roll0]+6=13

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 03:16 PM
she does notice the earth pony mare who apparently just got approval to distribute the "cancel the cancellation notices" papers has a sickly yellow sheen in her eyes!

Sabina regroups with her friends, but tries to nudge them a bit to get close together and away from earth pony mare. She whispers to her friends. "Gang, remember when the mayor said a dominated pony has an odd eye aura from the caster? The earth pony mare with the papers has it."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 04:05 PM
Hah, thought it was fake. Shining smirks at the thought, waving "blaize" off.

For the moment Spark has two options: Continue inside the town hall or try to find his friends amongst the crowd in the town hall. He may also try looking elseware around town.

Wait, really? Adepha asks with hushed alarm. So what do you think is really on those papers she's holding?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 04:09 PM
Spark thinks about where his friend maybe. If Adepha was dominated, she maybe doing what ever her master told her, what about her family he should check on them even if they did not like Spark. So Spark took off to the Grocery store to see if Adepha and the others were there, along with seeing if Adepha's family was ok.

Rater202
2014-08-07, 04:33 PM
Hah, thought it was fake. Shining smirks at the thought, waving "blaize" off.

For the moment Spark has two options: Continue inside the town hall or try to find his friends amongst the crowd in the town hall. He may also try looking elseware around town.

Wait, really? Adepha asks with hushed alarm. So what do you think is really on those papers she's holding?

I don't know. Maybe we should regroup somewhere? Maybe try to find Spark?

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 05:17 PM
I don't know. Maybe we should regroup somewhere? Maybe try to find Spark?

"Yeah, but I don't want to lose sight of her either," Sabina says. She hands Gear one of the two papers she got and the other is up for grabs between Subtle or Adepha. "Here, I'll watch our suspect while you look outside to see if Spark is around. Oh and this is one of those flyers she's got. See if any of you can figure out anything weird with them."

Humble Master
2014-08-07, 05:25 PM
"Perhaps I should tail the "Earth Pony" given my predisposition for sneaking." Subtle suggests.

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 05:33 PM
"Perhaps I should tail the "Earth Pony" given my predisposition for sneaking." Subtle suggests.

"If you're sure about it. Don't want you to do something uncomfortable," Sabina whispered. "Adepha, you want to go look for Spark too? I'll hang here and back up Subtle just in case."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 06:13 PM
Spark floats above the grocery store, to determine if it is closed down for now, or open. which ever the case Adepha's home was close by so he would know if he needed to be here or go there.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 06:49 PM
The Grocery Store is fortunately open, with ponies milling about, buying groceries with a rather thicker crowd buying more groceries than Spark can ever remember.

In the crowd, he can spot Adepha's dad making rounds walking around the store.

((Subtle, Sabina, and Gear, make a Discipline check))

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 06:55 PM
Mr. Chonder! Spark yells, as he tries to land as close to him as he can. Mr. Chonder, have you seen Adepha around lately? And have you noticed her acting strangely lately, talking to things that are there, or zoning out?

to see if Mr. Chonder shows any signs
[roll0]+2

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 09:01 PM
What? Spark? Mr. Chonder forgets what he was going, instead turning his full attention to what Spark was saying. The dragon cannot see any signs of Domination from the adult changling.
No, I haven't seen Adepha since this morning. Why, did something happen to her?!

The paper is as the mare said. It informs the reader that no street or store will be closed, and any arrangement made involuntarily with Hive Hemiphera and Hive Lineolatus may be ignored. Beyond that you don't notice anything suspicious, but then again none of you speak legalese so you don't notice anything unusual.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 09:07 PM
No nononono. I got separated from the others, and i can't find them. thank you for your help Mr. Chonder. Spark says as he waves goodbye to Mr. Chonder, Spark flies back town hall and sits on the ledge, that looks over the stairs and the courtyard of town hall. He looks for anyone he'd recognize, or anyone out of the ordinary.
[roll0]+2=6
at least i am rolling low now, so i can roll high later.

Rater202
2014-08-07, 09:10 PM
Gear points to the glyph his player was PM'd about.

What does that mean?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 09:38 PM
Back at the town hall, Spark overlooks the crowd. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any ponies or changlings he recognizes.

..."Notice to the Redaction of Cancellations?" Adepha reads the title of the memo, unable to see what Gear is pointing to. Sabina and Subtle don't see anything unusual either.

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 09:39 PM
What does that mean?

"What does what mean?" Sabina is trying to divide her attention between the earth pony and whatever Gear is pointing to.

Observation (pony): 12
[roll0] +4

Observation (paper): 13
[roll1] +4

Rater202
2014-08-07, 09:44 PM
No, there's a glyph or ruin right there*Points directly at it*

You can't see it? It looks changelic.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 09:44 PM
Spark feels his anger starting to bubble up again. Spark tries to start controlling his breathing to help him calm down. He was taking to long, He could not know what his friends were doing or if they needed his help. Library that maybe the best spot next, they maybe trying to find out the secrets to Domination. Spark takes off at his highest speed to the Library.

Humble Master
2014-08-07, 09:48 PM
"What are you pointing at Gear? Could it be an illusion or something?."

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 09:49 PM
You can't see it? It looks changelic.

"No... err, Subtle, question for you. Are glyphs magic things?" She's listening to Gear and Subtle, but her eyes are completely focused on looking for the earth pony.

Humble Master
2014-08-07, 09:57 PM
"Maybe, let me think."

Magic and Occult:[roll0]+4=10

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 09:59 PM
I...don't see anything, Gear. Adepha leans up close to Gear, trying to see if what he's seeing is simply a trick of the light or if it's one of those things you can only see from his angle. However she doesn't seem to be any closer to spotting it.

Sabina can see the Earth Pony walking outside to meet the crowd, the papers in hoof.

Just as Spark walks out, he sees an Earth Pony walking outside.

Arriving at the Library, it seems empty, even more so than usual, yet Spark can for certain hear a very heated argument going on inside.

Subtle knows Glyphs and Runes as a form of magical writing of some sort, usually as spell storage or to cast delayed spells.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 10:03 PM
Spark whose his memory to memorize the Earth pony that left before making it fully to the Library
[roll0]+3

Spark walks into the library trying to find those who are in an argument. Maybe it was Ms. Sugar Plum and Ms. Nychid. Spark always enjoyed their company when he visited the Library, always asking them questions.

Rater202
2014-08-07, 10:06 PM
Something clicks in Gears brain, and he goes and knocks on the door of the mayors office

Mr. Mayor! I think we've found an other dominated pony, and they're handing out flyers with a hidden glyph on them!

Rapport or Persuasion*, to get through to the mad mayor:[roll0]+ 11

*don't know which to use, and modifier is the same anyway

Humble Master
2014-08-07, 10:12 PM
"This is the kind of glyph one would use to store a spell or cast a delayed spell of some sorts." She turns and notices the Earth Pony moving to start handing out the papers to the crowd. "Very clever."

DigoDragon
2014-08-07, 10:13 PM
"FFFUUUUUUUUUUU..!!"

Sabina doesn't wait for Subtle to answer her question. She races to intercept the earth pony with the intent of knocking her back into the building. "Stop the presses!"

Running to catch up: 14
[roll0] +5

Tumbling to get in her way: 18
[roll1] +7

Martial Arts to kick her back into the Town Hall: 19 (crit!)
[roll2] +8

Emperor Ing
2014-08-07, 10:28 PM
Walking at a rather brisk pace, Sabina easily catches up to the mare, jumps in front of her, and much to the consternation of the mare, manages to push her back. Whoa whoa whoa! She exclaims, surprised as she's forced back into the town hall from the remarkably strong filly. What the hay do you think you're doing?!

Her little display has attracted the attention of everypony both working inside the town hall and outside who can see through the glass doors.

...except for Mayor Eclipse who only screeches back at Gear. Go away! I'm doing Sorcerer things!

Wait wait, i'm confused. Adepha looks around at the staring masses of ponies whose attention is suddenly focused on the foals and nymphs amongst them. Unfazed, she looks back at her friends, back down to the paper, and back at them. I still don't know what "glyph" you're talking about.

Spark thinks that the Earth Pony is one of the several liasons Mayor Eclipse uses when he's busy, or away, and wants to talk to Mom. Though he's fairly certain she's supposed to be a Pegasus. Or maybe that's somepony else. Isn't the Pegasus a stallion? Wasn't said stallion supposed to have a dark green coat...?

Sure enough, inside the library Sugar Plum are having a rather heated exchange, though Spark can only get the tail end of the argument.

...do it themselves? Why do we have to suffer?
It's not Equestria! Celestia's Sun, you can't compare us and you. There's only one kind of Changling! ONE!! And HUNDREDS of Hives! We're not one big happy family!
That's no excuse for them having to take it out on us! Why does my dad have to go hungry?!
You just don't see the bigger picture!
I can see FINE, thanks!

Humble Master
2014-08-07, 10:38 PM
"We think you might be part of a scheme to undermine he summit." Subtle was suddenly worried that they were seriously out of line tackling this adult. She attempted to look for the tell-tale yellow sheen of the eyes, deeply regretting she hadn't learnt the anti domination spell yet. If she did see the yellow glow she might need to improvise the spell Mayor Eclipse had cast.

Observation:[roll0]+7=10

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-07, 10:45 PM
Sugar Plum, Nychid! Spark says as he round the corner, he look is sad, why were these to amazing ladies fighting? Is everything ok? what are you two arguing about?
[roll0]+6

Rater202
2014-08-07, 10:48 PM
Sir! Could you maybe do sorcerous things out here? Like maybe casting that Anti-domination spell on the dominated Earth-Mare who was about to hoof out papers with mind control Glyphs to the townsponies?

Since you're the only one in town good enough to cast it?

hopefully flattery will convince the mad-mayor.

Persuasion again:[roll0]+4 9

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 06:47 AM
What the hay do you think you're doing?!

"I'm saving you and everyone outside from a foul scheme!" Sabina explained. "These papers are hexed with some kind of magical glyph thingy and I think the intentions are not in the best interest of this town. Please put the papers down and don't let anyone read them until we know for sure!"

Rapport: 15 (crit)
[roll0]+6

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 11:31 AM
From what Spark remembers, Sugar Plum and Nychid are good friends. Sometimes they do argue, but this is the most heated argument they've ever gotten into to his recollection.
Well, this dunderhead thinks it's okay that ponies aren't gonna be able to get food during the Summit.
Nychid is clearly not amused by that statement. That's not what I said. I'm trying to say that if we can free an entire species from having to live in the shadows, a little sacrifice might be worth it.
A LITTLE?! Sugar is outraged by that. If my Grandma becomes sick because she can't get the medication she needs, is THAT a 'little sacrifice?!'
The streets aren't closed YET!! She'd be fine if you prepared!
But what if you DIDN'T prepare?!

The two continue to go back and forth for a bit.

You hear the door open behind you. A pegasus stallion with a yellow coat and neon green mane and tail with a lighter green highlight walks in, a bit startled by the argument going on. Whoa. His accent tells you immediately that he's from out-of-town, though something about him seems to put Spark at ease. He listens to the argument for a bit before remarking: These other hives sound like real bummer-bugs.

Wrong. I'm the only one in town evil enough to cast it. Afterwards, the Mad Mayor of Vanhoover won't respond, though Gear is certain he can hear strange noises coming from inside.

The Mare glares bemusedly at the youths, at Sabina in particular. Yeah, the 'foul scheme' to tell everypony they don't have to close their shops down?! She looks at the papers. Unable to spot any glyphs, she doesn't appear any more amused than she was before. Look, I don't know what games you foals are playing but this isn't funny. Several more adults walk over and pick up the papers, themselves unable to spot any wierd symbols.

A police pony walks up to the group. Sorry kids, but you should probably leave now.

However, Subtle is not able to pick up any yellow sheen on anypony's eyes or any other signs of Domination.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 11:42 AM
While at first Spark was fine with this Pegasus being here, but when he calls the other hives bugs, that pissed him off. Spark flys into the Pegasus face. "How dare you call Changlings bugs! You have no right to label the other hives in such a way. They are here to help their people," Spark growls out at the Pegasus!

Rater202
2014-08-08, 11:55 AM
Officer?

Do you remember that "Timberwolf" attack in the winter that turned out to have been a group of diamond Dogs trying to find Treasure.

Or the devil's hoof poisoning case that was solved by a group of foals?

Or the group of foals that beat up those dragons that tried to foalnap Queen Arlia's son?

Or the ones who discovered those Ancient Changeling ruins from before Olith was in this area?

Or the ones who insisted that something weird had been going on with that Carnival, which turned out to be a crazy voodoo earth-mare trying to turn into an Alicorn?

All of that was us.

in every case so far, we've been right.

Could you maybe humor us, please?

Persuasion:[roll0]+4 11

Earlier, that Stallion everypony was yelling at-Sunflower something, was discovered to have been under a domination. The mayor broke the spell, and mentioned that one could tell if somepony was dominated because in certain conditions their eyes would flash the color of the magic of the caster.

Her eyes*gestures to the Earth Mare* flashed the same color as Sunflowers, indicating that she is under a domination from the same pony.

She is also passing out papers with a hidden Glyph. for some reason, I'm the only one who can see it-maybe it's because my pupils are hexagons instead of circles.

Glyphs are used to cast time delayed skills, right? if a dominated pony is passing out a hidden glyph, it's logical to assume that nothing good can come of it, yes?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 12:00 PM
The Pegasus jumps back at Spark's sudden assault. surprised. Whoa whoa whoa, chillax, bro. He raises a hoof, moving it back and forth between Spark and himself in a calming motion. Changlings, like, call themselves "bugs" all the time. It's not an insult.

Spark's outburst seems to have distracted Sugar Plum and Nychid from their own argument.
Umm, he's not wrong.
It's not derogatory.
Well, anything can be derogatory, actually. Nychid's face twists into a sneer as she manages to spit out the word with disgust: Muffins.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 12:18 PM
Spark closes his eyes as he floats back down to Nychid and Sugar Plum. I am sorry things today are just stressful. Spark apologizes to the Pegasus. when he rejoins the two librarians. Now before you start arguing again, you need to know you are arguing over a lie. Neither of the two hives. asked for the streets to be closed, they would not want this. They don't want to be anymore of an inconvenience to Vanhoover then they already are. Can you both help me find the pony or ling who is causing all this discord?

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 12:45 PM
Sabina whimpered as her control over the situation was... well she probably never had any control over it to begin with.
"Damn it, what would Batmare do in a sitch like this?"

"YOINK!!" The filly seized as much of the flyer stack as she could and bounded out the door. "Fire in the hall!!" she shouted to cause a ruckus. Sabina zigzagged around the crowd, rolled under-hoof, and darted away towards the lake.

Gotta keep
One jump ahead of the police
One dash ahead of the line
I'll steal every glyph to stop the crime
Deny everything!
One jump ahead of the puppets
That's all, I'm just a whelp
These guys don't appreciate my help!

Rolls

Martial Arts: 19
[roll0]+8

Deception: 21 (Boxcar crit!)
[roll1]+4

Tumbling: 17
[roll2]+7

Running: 16 (crit)
[roll3]+5

Rater202
2014-08-08, 01:10 PM
...Please don't arrest us. we had no idea she was going to do that and she's just trying to help.

she just has poor impulse control

[roll0]+4 11

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 01:26 PM
The police pony pauses to look at Gear for a moment after he had finished his argument, frowning but nodding his head. Well, I suppose you-

FIIIRRREE!! A random pony screamed and suddenly the whole of town hall falls into chaos with papers, random bits and bobs with everything except the kitchen sink being thrown in virtually every direction. Somehow, a supremely confused Adepha isn't the least bit surprised when a kitchen sink lands a mere hoof away from her. To say nothing of the stampede Sabina seems to have started with many ponies galloping around in equally as many directions, screaming.

The only pony who manages to keep their head is the police pony, who darts after Sabina. Hey! Stop right there! Though Sabina has managed to make out with the full stack of papers carried in her mouth with only the policepony hot on her tail, completely ignoring Gear's plea.

...wait, for real? Sugar Plum asks.
That makes sense. If I want to get ponies to like me, I wouldn't make them angry.
Oh come on Nychid, ponies already like you.

Hah, this's so gnarly. The Pegasus remarks, a bit too excited. Forget what I said before. This guy who's trying to skrew this up is'e real bummer-bug.

So, um, who are you exactly?
Oh, hey babe. You can call me Peguros, I'm like...an Inquisitor from Hive Syagrus, here t' see how the Summit goes an' stuff.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 01:30 PM
Spark signs, and knowing duty comes first as he thinks Wait on me a little longer guys. Hello Peguros, do you need help in getting to the palace from here? i will be more then happy to show you the way?
Then Spark makes the connection that that was not one of the hive at the summit, Why is your hive here, they are not one of the one here for the summit? Spark now suspicious again of this "Pegasus"

Rater202
2014-08-08, 01:31 PM
Gear turns to Subtle and Adepha

...Maybe we should not be here right now?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 01:40 PM
Run. Gotcha. Adepha doesn't waste any time darting out of the building.

Naah, it's cool. The disguised Inquisitor declines Spark's offer. I'm like, just here t' see how this Summit goes, and if our Hive should do the same.

I think there's like...a bunch of other Changlings from other Hives too, but...eh. I don't know any of 'em. I bet they're sticks. I came by 'cuz I thought the Library might have sum' books on Olith culture an' history an' stuff.

Well... Nychid steps forward, smiling. We actually do have a lot of books about our history, culture, philosophy, infiltration, almost everything. It's all written in Changlic though, I hope that's not a problem. Peguros only returns with a confident smile.

<It's cool, female.> Spark can understand this line, however he recalls that Changlic has no gender-specific terms at all. He probably meant to say "babe" but it translates to "female"

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 02:01 PM
Sabina continued to race away at a full gallop. Her thoughts turned to destroying the papers first and foremost. "Gotta ditch these things! But where? Water Trough? Grinder? Fire? ...damn it, where are you Spark?!" She hoped she could get rid of the flyers before the officer caught up with her.

One jump ahead of the slowpokes
One skip ahead of the clout
Next time gonna just talk this out
One jump ahead of the lawmen
One race ahead of my doom
I think I want to just hide in my room

Rolls
Running: [roll0]+5 = 14 (crit)
(Still toward the lake unless I find a suitable stop to quickly destroy the flyers)

Observation: [roll1]+4 = 13 (crit)
(To locate the nearest stop that I can destroy the flyers, like a water barrel or lit hearth)

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 02:02 PM
Spark looks over the Pegasus, and decides that he does not like him. but he has no reason to distrust him for now. Spark flies up and out of the Library. As he soars up high to get a good view of the town, he can't help but notice the commotion going on at the Townhall.
Damn! Spark soars down to the hall, to see what just in the name of Dovah was going on. that is till he sees Adepha, running out of the building. Spark lands infront of her. what is going on, where have you all been!?

Rater202
2014-08-08, 02:32 PM
*Points to Earth Mare* She's dominated.

she was gonna pass out flyers with hidden sigils on them, probably holding a domination spell, but for some reason I'm the only one who can see them.

I don't know what that means, but it can't be good.

We stopped her, but the police asked us what was going on.

I tried to explain what was happening, and almost convinced the officer, but Sabina grabbed the flyers and ran off, with the officer chasing her.

Also, since I can see the rune but nopony else can, Sabina, Subtle, and Adepha might have been dominated already....

Wait. If the flyers had the glyph, that why wouldn't the other things that were sent out? Like the letter talking about the summer assignment?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 02:37 PM
Gah. fine stand still Spark was thankful that Subtle and Adepha were standing close to each other. As he summons the energy and the understand that Knacooth showed him of those words. and when he could not hold it in any longer. VOD..HAH LOG!!! Shout out the energy to dispel any domination.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 02:42 PM
I don't know. As Gear said, he started freaking out about this glyph thing, then Sabina just takes off with these papers telling everyling that their stores and streets and things aren't closed.

I don't know, Gear. I mean, I don't feel-ACK!! A blast of invisible energy rippling in the air blasts Adepha head on, forcing the nymph to stagger back. Subtle is standing too far away to feel anything except a rush of wind.
Spaaark! What was that for?!

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 02:45 PM
Spark waits, not answering Adepha, the shout may take a second. Gear do you have one of the Flyers? hoof it to Adepha. Can you see the Glyph now Adepha?

Rater202
2014-08-08, 02:52 PM
No.

Sabina took them all, and if it's a mind control glyph I'd rather Adepha not look at it agin.

...Was that an anti-mind control power? It might be a good idea to use it on that earth pony back there.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 02:54 PM
Remove Domination?

Didn't...that Earth Pony, Sunflower Seed, I think, fall unconscious when the Domination was lifted from him?

I don't feel any different. At all.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 02:56 PM
I would bet you that was an Act. or the result of something else, what happened to this Sunflower seed? who is that again?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 03:05 PM
Come on, you remember. Earth Pony? Was Dominated? Mayor Eclipse cured him.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 03:17 PM
No Adepha, I left, to find out about the closures, i connected two and two together, while i was gone with the way you and this Sunflower were acting. I did not realize you found a "cure" Spark air qoutes the word Cure. Right now all i know for sure is that i now can trust only you and Gear.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 03:24 PM
Now, if you will excuse me for a second Adepha. Spark moves closer to Subtle, like a tiger stalking her prey. VOD HAH LOG

took 4 from will and fort fora total of eight
linguistics
[roll0]+6

That is what i am talking about, finally i get nice BOXCAR CRIT!!!

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 03:35 PM
Subtle finds her coat brushed by the wind, and the layers of her mind peeled back by the energy of the shout, overwhelming her senses with power, forcing her mind to shut down while it reboots. Put simply, she falls unconscious for a few seconds.

...I think it worked.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 03:39 PM
Spark lets out a breath of air, well then. I can trust Subtle and the Mayor now too. Why didn't you fall unconscious Adepha? Spark eyes Adepha down.
to notice anything strange with Adepha, the memory is to know her tells on lying, or hiding something
ob
[roll0]+2
mem
[roll1]+3
:O to boxcar followed by a fail

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 03:49 PM
Spark can't spot any unusual behavior or quirks on Adepha. He does, however, realize his memory is absolutely failing him in terms of Adepha's unconscious quirks or habits. She doesn't seem to have any signs of magical compulsion however. ...maybe i'm not nor was I ever Dominated? Adepha attempts to answer.

Why is everyling so suspicious towards me...?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 03:53 PM
Spark tilts his head down, I am sorry Adepha, I... I was just worried, and I did not like the idea of losing you. Spark moves to Subtle to help her up, Sorry Subtle, as you know magic is not always pleasant. Alright lets find Sabina, and see about possibly Disenchanting her. and getting her out of her pickle. Spark moves to the chaos of Town hall.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 03:54 PM
Although she is fast, her little filly legs are only so much versus those of a full grown stallion. Fortunately, her eyes do spot a well that hopefully has water at the bottom. She releases the paper into the well before finally being grabbed by the stallion. Just what do you think you're doing, young filly?!

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 04:15 PM
Just what do you think you're doing, young filly?!

"P-PARLEY!" Sabina shouts back, almost squeaking the word out of her tired lungs. She was proud of herself for remembering that word. The filly didn't fight back. She managed her objective, so now she just had to negotiate for an audience to explain it.

"I... those papers were... hexed by magic..." she explained, still out of breath. "Someone is... using magic to Dom... Dominate ponies to... ruin the summit."

Rapport~ 12
[roll0]+6

Rater202
2014-08-08, 04:21 PM
Well, Adepha, um, you were seperated from us for a bit, and you kept looking up at ponies that turned out to be dominated.

And if subtle was, then maybe you'd have been.

don't be angry, we're just worried.

Gear tries to remember which way Sabina went:[roll0]+4 9

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 05:01 PM
I don't know, I mean I haven't seen you asking Subtle or Spark questions only they would know. I mean how do I know you're really Gear? Adepha glares at Gear, the question entirely rhetorical.

Gear didn't get a chance to see which direction Sabina took off. With a bit of thought Gear may be able to reason which direction somepony who wanted to destroy a stack of papers might go.

Okay, yeah. Sure. The police pony doesn't sound the least bit amused by Sabina's antics. Don't worry though, you're not under arrest. I'm just gonna have to tell your parents about how you created a public disturbance and destroyed town property. Would you mind telling me where you live?

Rater202
2014-08-08, 05:07 PM
I don't know, I mean I haven't seen you asking Subtle or Spark questions only they would know. I mean how do I know you're really Gear? Adepha glares at Gear, the question entirely rhetorical.

Gear shrinks back, sparkles dimming, and doesn't even mention that neither Subtle or Spark have been acting odd today

Gear tries to think of where somepony might go to destroy those flyers[roll0]+4 10

Humble Master
2014-08-08, 05:24 PM
I'm assuming Subtle wasn't actually dominated.

The Unicorn rose dizzily from having her mind forcibly scrubbed clean and rebooted. She spoke at first as though in a daze. "Hi! I'm Subtle Hoof, but you can call me Subtle. No, I didn't steal anything why do you ask?" Subtle shook her head and tried to clear her thoughts. "Uhh, Spark that messed me up worse than when my Bedlam spell backfired while I was still learning it. Alright, near the library good. Do we still have that flyer? We could try and identify the spell stored in the glyph, if there is one with some books. I could also try and learn that Anti-Domination spell the Mayor talked about."

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 06:38 PM
Okay, yeah. Sure. The police pony doesn't sound the least bit amused by Sabina's antics. Don't worry though, you're not under arrest. I'm just gonna have to tell your parents about how you created a public disturbance and destroyed town property. Would you mind telling me where you live?

"Oh, right..."

Yep. Here's the part were Sabina was going to be grounded for life. For delaying the domination plot and potentially buying her friends a little more time to figure things out. No good deed goes unpunished right? "I live in the last house on North Oakridge Road. It's the dusty trail past most of the farms."

Well, she did destroy town property and yelled out a fake fire call so... can't fault anyone but herself about this. Stupid magic.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 07:16 PM
Well there's a flier right here. Adepha has one of the papers Sabina left behind. She looks at it again, this time looking at it front to back. I still don't see any glyphs though. Adepha frowns. So if Subtle was Dominated but I wasn't, how is it that only Gear can see the glyph? Did the group really just cause that much chaos because one pony thought they saw a symbol? Also, why is everyling on edge?!

Good filly. Now come along, your father will want to hear about what happened. With that the police pony walked towards Sabina's house, expecting the Earth Pony to follow along.

Rater202
2014-08-08, 07:28 PM
I don't know why I was the only one that could see it.

Maybe it's becuase my eyes are shapped diferant, I don't know.

We need to find Sabina.

Okay, you and spark are fast flyers, you two check the Ship.

I'll take Subtle and we'll see if she went to her house.

Humble Master
2014-08-08, 07:32 PM
Subtle takes the paper and starts turning it around, squinting, holding it up to the light and anything else she can think of. "I think everyling's on edge because they don't know who to trust. It's like that one story The Changlings are Due on Maple Street."

Observation:[roll0]+7=14
Discipline:[roll1]+6=9 If appropriate.

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 07:34 PM
A small, but quite loud part of Sabina's mind told her to bail on the officer. However, she's was already pretty deep trouble-wise and the policepony was faster than her on the long gallop. She obediently followed, tail between her legs. Dad was most likely not home and she wasn't sure if mom would be. Hmm, Sabina wondered if the policepony knew her dad? Maybe she could get to the station instead... might be a better place to learn more about the summit.

"Hey... um, Mister Officer, do you know who my dad is?" Sabina asked.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-08, 07:45 PM
Spark does not leave yet with Adepha, Hang on Adepha i want to check out the flier? Also if Sabina is still inside Town Hall we should wait here.
observation[/rollv]2d6[/rollv]+2
if needed Discipline [roll0]+7

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 08:01 PM
Despite Subtle's and Spark's best efforts, neither of them can spot any glyphs or anything unusual besides plain text.

Gear's reasoning does deduce that the best place to dispose of paper would be with water or fire, so the lake would be an ideal location for the former. Making the lake a good place to start.

Heh, yeah, it's like...oh. Oooooh... Adepha trails off, her eyes going wide with the realization. It's EXACTLY like Changlings on Maple St! The bad ling's just sitting back somewhere, wondering why the town is on fire after all he did was print some papers and Dominate two ponies to distribute them, one of which includes a glyph only Crystal Ponies can see, apparently. After that epiphany she deflates a bit. Listen Gear, i'm sorry for getting mad at you before. I'm on-edge, but I shouldn't take it out on you. But yeah, that sounds like a plan. I saw Sabina run outside. Hopefully the police pony chasing after Sabina isn't actually Dominated.

Let's go! Adepha flies out towards the direction of the ship.

No. A lot of dads are staying home after their stores were closed because somepony forged a false document saying their store was closed as they believed them. Maybe your mom is home, but if you ask me, you're looking at at least a two month grounding.

Rater202
2014-08-08, 08:11 PM
Gear heads off in the direction of Sabina's house, hoping that if she's there, Gear will meet her there.

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 08:15 PM
No. A lot of dads are staying home after their stores were closed because somepony forged a false document saying their store was closed as they believed them. Maybe your mom is home, but if you ask me, you're looking at at least a two month grounding.

"If I'm lucky..." she mutters. Wait, of course her dad wouldn't be home. He's working... wait again! Doesn't dad know about what's going on? Yeah, he can totally... ground Sabina for taking matters into her own hooves. No, bad idea. Sabina keeps quiet. Telling her father that she went vigilante would probably only hit his reputation in addition to her grounding.

"Derp."

Humble Master
2014-08-08, 08:20 PM
Subtle nods and follows Gear to Sabina's house. She wasn't quite sure what to do after that however, uncomfortable with her lack of a plan. "Once we find Sabina what should we do? I feel like we need a more consistent way of detecting dominated ponies."

Rater202
2014-08-08, 08:39 PM
I have no idea!

After Gear unknowingly imitated the Princess of Friendship during said princesses jaunt to the world of primates, he fell back to walk along side Subtle.

I think the Mayor's trying something, but he could also be cooking rice.

I don't think he's reliable.

Maybe we should see if we can get an audience with Spark's mother? I'm not sure if the mayor would have contacted her about the incident yet, and regardless she should know about what we've found.

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 08:47 PM
"So... are there going to be lots of police running around once the summit starts? And are you getting help from the hive?" Might as well say something on this boring walk.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 08:55 PM
Unbeknownst to Gear, an all-powerful cosmic force was mere milliseconds away from absolutely obliterating the crystal colt where he stood for unwittingly and unconsciously bringing any recollection of that abomination back into the light. The universe will never know just how close Diamond Gear came to death in just that instant.

Beyond that the group continues along the road. They would get there, but it's so far away!

I'm not at liberty to say, i'm afraid. The Police Pony replies.

The duo arrive at Sabina's house. The police pony knocking on the door. It doesn't appear that Dad is home. That has no bearing on whether or not Mom is, however, especially considering she's the one who answers the door. Hello...officer? Amber is caught off-guard by the appearance of the police man, while the police pony takes a moment to grasp at the possibility that a Zebra would give birth to an Earth Pony.

Sorry to bother you ma'am but, this is your filly, right?

Mom looks at Sabina with a confused and worried look. Yes...?

I just picked up your filly creating a public disturbance. She yelled "fire" at Town Hall and absconded with official Town documents, destroying them. The Zebra, as the list is recited, becomes increasingly worried and frightened.

Rater202
2014-08-08, 09:04 PM
We aren't going fast enough.

Gear pulls out his inhaler, takes a puff, and bolts

Running:[roll0]+1 6

Humble Master
2014-08-08, 09:13 PM
"Um, ok." Subtle follows Gear, running as fast as her small legs will propel her.

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 09:17 PM
I'm not at liberty to say, i'm afraid. The Police Pony replies.

The duo arrive at Sabina's house. The police pony knocking on the door. It doesn't appear that Dad is home. That has no bearing on whether or not Mom is, however, especially considering she's the one who answers the door. Hello...officer? Amber is caught off-guard by the appearance of the police man, while the police pony takes a moment to grasp at the possibility that a Zebra would give birth to an Earth Pony.

Sorry to bother you ma'am but, this is your filly, right?

Mom looks at Sabina with a confused and worried look. Yes...?

I just picked up your filly creating a public disturbance. She yelled "fire" at Town Hall and absconded with official Town documents, destroying them. The Zebra, as the list is recited, becomes increasingly worried and frightened.

"Yeah, it's true," Sabina admitted. She walked over and hugged her mother. It was kind of funny. She wanted to fake a few tears for the officer so he could leave, but faking it didn't seem to be a problem. "I'm sorry mom, it's... an interesting story. I'll tell you later."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 09:35 PM
Sabina I-I'm surprised at you! Mom exclaims to Sabina, her upsettedness evident in her voice. She looks up at the officer.
Don't worry officer, i'll make sure this never happens again.
The officer turns to leave, nodding at the Zebra. Ma'am.

Gear and Subtle arrive just as the police officer is walking away from Sabina's house. He nods to them but otherwise pays them no heed.

Rater202
2014-08-08, 09:43 PM
Gear skids to a stop outside the blades house, sputtering and wheezing.

*cough* a pox on the bloody bastard who didst invented the *wheeze* cursed act of running

Gear takes puff from his inhaler, before taking a deep breath.

Once the officer leaves, Gear turns to the two Blades females

What did he say?

DigoDragon
2014-08-08, 10:09 PM
What did he say?

"Uh... that I yelled fire, destroyed a stack of flyers... everything but my reasons why I did it." Sabina turned to her mother. "Mom, I really REALLY have a good reason for what I did earlier. Can we go inside? This one might be a bit hard to believe standing up."

Humble Master
2014-08-08, 10:19 PM
"Hello Mrs. Blades, hey Sabina." Subtle said as she cantered up. "And yah, it's quite a story. We don't really know all the details either so we should probably sit down."

Rater202
2014-08-08, 10:21 PM
Gear finishes gasping for air.

Mrs. Blades? Before we tell you, do you remember the carnival? It's like that times a hundred.

Mr. blades already knows what's going on.

And remember that we've never been wrong about weird stuff.

Rapport:[roll0]+4 11

Emperor Ing
2014-08-08, 10:38 PM
Let's go inside, oh daughter of mine.

Mrs. Blades waves you all in. I wonder why you'd waste a day so fine.
Much trouble it seems you have stirred
A reason I desire, let it be heard!

Rater202
2014-08-08, 11:34 PM
Gear heads inside, stopping only to wipe his hooves on the mat(if there's a mat)

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 01:19 AM
Spark flew off with Adepha, to the ship, it felt like several hours had pasted, but in reality it was maybe at the most 1. Spark lands by the shore of the ship, he the whole fly there was feeling bad for not trusting his friend. Even if he thought it was to protect her.
Spark starts his blowtorching hand over the water, so that way they'd be double sure the gylph and paper was destroyed. having the ashes mix with the water.
Bring the papers hear Adepha, i will burn them.

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 07:47 AM
Let's go inside, oh daughter of mine.
Mrs. Blades waves you all in. I wonder why you'd waste a day so fine.
Much trouble it seems you have stirred
A reason I desire, let it be heard!

Sabina knew that her mom hated to rhyme her words. She didn't know why that was, but when it happened... it was a clear sign mom wasn't in a good mood. Sabina sat down on the couch and cleared her throat. "Okay, so there's a big summit thing about to happen between ponies and some changling hives here. After lunch my friends and I met dad, who was pretty upset because somepony told all the shops in town to shut down. Dad talked to the mayor, who didn't approve of any shutdown and wanted to know who went over... his helmet or something."

"So we went to the town hall and found the pony, Sunshine I think was his name, who was responsible. There was also a large group of very angry citizens there too. We helped diffuse the crowd and brought Sun over to the mayor. The mayor found out Sun was being dominated by... a spell of some kind and he broke it with his magic. Dad left to take care of some things, so... well we decided to look into who'd want to shut down the town. We went back to city hall and the workers there were making a stack of flyers to explain that no one needed to shut down their store." Sabina paused to catch her breath for the next part.

"However, we looked at the papers and Gear said he saw some kind of magic glyph on them. The rest of us couldn't see it, but Subtle said glyphs can hold magic spells. I brought this up with one of the workers and told her not to give out the flyers until we can determine what spell was on the glyph. She... didn't cooperate, the crowd came back and was getting anxious for answers so I... um... in a sudden decision stole most of the flyers and threw them down one of the town wells to ruin them. I didn't want magic going around that could have spread a domination spell... or something... we think someone is trying to sabotage the summit, mom. I meant well, honest! Dad knows some of what happened so you can ask him later."

Rater202
2014-08-09, 11:01 AM
Um, she didn't do that until after we tried to get an authority figure to help, but the mayor was busy doing something "sorcerous" and the police officer doesn't seem to understand that the fact that we've been right about every other "weird thing" means that maybe he should have humored us when we pointed out an other weird thing.

Aid an other Sabina's Rapport:[roll0]+4 11

Emperor Ing
2014-08-09, 12:22 PM
Well...okay. Adepha hovers over with the papers in hoof. I can't find where Sabina left 'em. I literally just have the two she left with us. If Sabina was disposing of them in the lake, then we can assume they're already destroyed. Nevertheless, she hoofs those two papers over to Spark to be destroyed, their ashes to mix with the lake water.

Do you see Sabina? Maybe she's hiding somewhere.

Mrs. Blades paces around the room between you three as she attempts to collect her wits. I am aware. She simply says, looking at Sabina.

Your father told me before he left for work. A villain most dastardly is walking the streets of Vanhoover, trying to turn the town against the visiting Hives, using mind-control to compel innocent ponies. An unfriendly Changling appears the most probable culprit.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 12:41 PM
Spark hold the papers out to the fire till they are nothing but ash. We can check the ship, but if she is not there then she is probably been caught and taken home. Spark moves to the ship, without looking at Adepha, by the time he board it, is when he speaks again. I am sorry for before, about not trusting you, i figured if you were dominated you would have tried to stop me, from freeing you. If you knew my plan.

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 12:53 PM
Your father told me before he left for work. A villain most dastardly is walking the streets of Vanhoover, trying to turn the town against the visiting Hives, using mind-control to compel innocent ponies. An unfriendly Changling appears the most probable culprit.

"Yeah, see I thi- oh. Y-you are on the same page."

Damn, her mom was a lot more perceptive then Sabina gave her credit for. Well this certainly made the talk easier! Sabina was leaning forward in her seat and almost bouncing now. "Okay, so the next question is what can we do about it?" she asked, also addressing Subtle and Gear. "I mean, you know my friends and I, mom. We tend to stick our snouts into weird mysteries like this. ...but, maybe you can give us some advice so that we go about it without me getting arrested again. Today."

Rater202
2014-08-09, 01:02 PM
Well, we'll have to meet up with Spark and Adepha. They went to check if you went to hide on the ship.

With the mayor busy, the police not believing us, and the town hall "on fire" I don't think Queen Arlia will know about the Glyph's yet.

Maybe we should head down to the hive and tell someling down there? Maybe if we're lucky we can get an audience with Her Majesty.

Humble Master
2014-08-09, 01:05 PM
"I agree trying to speak with Arlia would be our best course of action. Alone and without a consistent method of detecting and eliminating the domination spells there isn't much we can do against this threat. Gear said the Mayor is apparently busy with "sorcerous" stuff so he is out of the picture, at least in the short term."

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 01:08 PM
"Sorcerous stuff? Like what, cooking rice?" Sabina asked. "Nevermind. You two have a good idea. Perhaps we should visit Arlia and see if she can offer us any assistance."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-09, 01:18 PM
Again, Changlings on Maple St. We're all on edge, and i'm worried this summit won't work out at all, even though all the bad guy has done so far is compel two ponies to pass out papers, one of the papers having an, um, glyph that only Crystal Ponies can see.

I do have a question though: I get why Hive Hemisphere is doing this, but Hive Lemonade, I heard they infiltrate dragon territory. Suppose that some dragon, not you of course, but maybe one doing a raid on some...town in Equestria were to stumble on some information that told them about Hive Lemonade and how Dragon society is infiltrated, including their location and numbers.

It seems to me Hive Lemonade has more to LOSE by revealing themselves to Equestria, with no benefit that I can see, since Hive Lemonade probably never interacts with Equestria in the first place. You said you spoke to the Ambassador, did he say why they're here?

I think our foe is at least two steps ahead of us. Mrs. Blades muses. It is clear he wants support to be turned against the other Hives. To do what, though? When support turns against these other hives, what happens after that?

Rater202
2014-08-09, 01:34 PM
Best case Scenario? All of the Changeling hives other than those in Equestrian territory return to hiding in the shadows, all the changelings from Olith are forced to move back into the hive and out of Vanhoover proper because they technically aren't citizens, but otherwise life goes on.

worst case scenario, open war, all the Changelings are wiped out, and everypony in Vanhoover is arrested and imprisoned for Treason.

That's what happens if the Summit falls through, which will happen if the other hives are driven off before the summit.

Gear most certainly looks unhappy with the possibility that anything like that could happen.

We need to get everypony who could possibly help on board.

Maybe Adepha's brother Desante can get us some help from his friends? If nothing else, Rime might be good if we need some extra muscle.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 01:39 PM
You will have to show me this Changlings on Maple street thing. Spark looks Adepha straight in the eyes. I will do my best to insure this Summit works. you deserve that much. Spark then leans over the railing of the boat. Hive Lineolatus is most likely already know to dragons, hiding from us in our land is hard enough. which means this Summit to them is to gain allies, which also means they plan on Doing something against the Hierarchy and the Regent. Though our land has little in the way of resources aside from gems. and desert. Spark signs,

I like Knacooth, but he also scares me. he reminds me of home too much. I would guess just like southern dragons the hive is rough, strict, and harsh.

Humble Master
2014-08-09, 01:54 PM
"Cooking rice? How's that weird my dad does it like every week." Subtle turned to Gear "Even if the summit goes completely south I somehow doubt that Changling Hive, built on secrecy and deception, would resort to open war. Besides, we're going to make sure the summit doesn't fail. Dysante and Rime might help, though their skills aren't exactly suited to investigation and deduction."

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 03:31 PM
"I doubt Hive Olith is going to be kicked out, Gear," Sabina says. "Why would they if they've been peaceful all this time? If it doesn't work out with the other hives at this summit, Olith is something Equestria would want to keep, because this town is proof changlings and ponies can live together. Maybe if not with this summit, but someday it could actually happen that other hives join Equestria."

Sabina is standing up on the couch now. "No, the issue here is that someone is messing with OUR town. Screwing with the minds of OUR citizens. And to that *I* take personal offense! We are going to expose this cretin and give them what for because No one bucks with Vanhoover!!"

Emperor Ing
2014-08-09, 03:56 PM
I fear you've skipped a step. Mrs. Blades responds to Gear's analysis. All emity is directed towards the other Hives. Even if riots break out, it has no bearing on the attitude of the Ambassadors, the Queens, or the Delegates. She thinks for a moment, pausing and putting a hoof to her chin.

The attitude of these...protestors could not be completely ignored, but they do plant the seed of doubt. To make it grow...suppose this summit were made to look as though it were a trap.

We talked about it in class, don't you remember, um, maybe you were absent. Adepha attempts to hazard a guess as to Spark's ignorance.

Next time you get a chance, Spark, i'd like to know what Hive Lineolatus is up to. I'm not sure if I fully trust them, but at least they're not whoever's trying to ruin this summit.[/COLOR] She walks up to join Spark overlooking the railing.

What do you say we check out Sabina's house? If she wasn't there then Gear and Subtle would have already gone back to find us.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 04:12 PM
I do trust them, they seem monstrous, but that does not make them evil. if it did, then why did you trust me that first day of school. Spark looks at Adepha, You are right lets go catch up with our friends.

Rater202
2014-08-09, 04:19 PM
...Do you think it's one of the protesters doing this?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-09, 04:20 PM
No no no, you misheard me. The fact that they're a hive of Saddle Ragers doesn't bother me. I mean, I just don't know why they're here. I just want someling to explain their reasoning to me, is all.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 04:27 PM
As Spark floats with Adepha to Sabina's house, he seems to get stuck on her word Saddle ragers. Ummm, would you explain that word to me, i have never heard it before? And hey if you want, since i may be going back i could introduce you to Knacooth? You will need me either way if you want to talk to him.

And maybe you could meet Sicale to, He is really smart, and nice, and..... As Spark goes off about Sicale. it almost as if he was like a school filly talking about her first crush.

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 05:02 PM
Do you think it's one of the protesters doing this?

"You know, it would really be sad if a changling and a pony conspired together to sabotage a summit meant to bring changling and ponies together. Well, either way it could be anyone, even a peaceful protester. How do we find out?"

Emperor Ing
2014-08-09, 08:00 PM
Whoever this is, they are smart enough to cover their tracks and powerful enough to use Domination spells. He would know how to keep hidden. I would not know where to begin looking, but I think we can assume he follows the belief of "keeping your friends close and your enemies closer."

That may mean one of the Mayor's aides or even Queen Arlia's attendants has been replaced.

*knock knock knock*

I'll get it. Mrs. Blades gets up and goes to the door, opening it to reveal Spark and Adepha. Oh! Hello Spark, hello Adepha. Your friends are right inside, if you want to come in.

Humble Master
2014-08-09, 08:08 PM
"I guess replacing a high ranking official would make sense." Subtle said as she tried to sort out everything in her head "But even if we assume that it leaves us with a bunch of suspects, most if not all of whom I would assume would be opposed to being closely examined to determine if they are a Changling infiltrator trying to undermine the summit." She began pacing back and forth, annoyed by her lack of leads "There has to be something we're missing, some clue to point us towards someling in particular."

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 08:14 PM
"Assuming it's a ling. Could be a pony as Gear mentioned," Sabina remarks. "Adepha, Spark, come here a minute and brainstorm with us. We were discussing what our next step should be. Mom said that whoever is Dominating folks to sabotage the summit is likely concentrating their efforts to make the hives look bad. Basically turn Vanhoover against the summit. She thinks this individual is most likely impersonating a close aide to either the mayor or the queen. What are your thoughts?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 08:28 PM
Really, then the infiltrator I would guess the infiltrator is with my mother. Spark states matter of factly. I am thinking this due to what i talked to Knacooth and my mother about earlier. Also I am sorry to say but it looks like the hunting thing was not a lie. However the request was not 200lbs it was 50.

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 10:31 PM
"I wonder how much the infiltrator weighs..?" Sabina pondered aloud. "Err, anyway, if you think the villain is with your mom, Spark, then we should come up with a way of smoking him out of hiding. Some way of catching him or her in a lie that'll expose 'em to us..."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-09, 10:44 PM
Do you all have any ideas? I mean it could be almost any ling so? Spark asks.

Rater202
2014-08-09, 11:02 PM
We need to tell your mother about the Glyphs on the papers, at the very least.

DigoDragon
2014-08-09, 11:22 PM
We need to tell your mother about the Glyphs on the papers, at the very least.

"Agreed," Sabina says. "We just have to figure out how to get her alone for a moment to tell her, if the infiltrator is there somewhere."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-10, 12:07 AM
It sounds like you all have a plan.

We should also ask where the summit is while we're there. Adepha adds. If this infiltrator has planned this out in advance, it might be worth scrutinizing to make sure he doesn't have any surprises waiting for the, um, Queens.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 02:58 AM
alright, we should head for my tunnel it will be the quickest way back to the hive from here.

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 09:07 AM
alright, we should head for my tunnel it will be the quickest way back to the hive from here.

"Alright then, lead the way Sparks!"

Rater202
2014-08-10, 09:55 AM
Gear follows his dragon-friend.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-10, 12:11 PM
Not so fast. Mrs. Blades interrupts. Sabina, you still did cause a public disturbance and you destroyed things that aren't yours. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you know something I don't about those papers but that still does not excuse your actions fully. Please come upstairs, young filly.

If Sabina follows her mom upstairs, they're led to their room. Her mom is willing to be lenient if Sabina can promise to do everything she can to help stop whoever is trying to sabotage the summit. However Sabina also has to wear the big girly bow.

Rater202
2014-08-10, 12:56 PM
Mrs. Blades? Did you mis the part were the things she destroyed were flyers that had a hidden spell on them? And were being hoofed out to unsuspecting townsponies by a pony who was under a domination spell?

I can think of literally nothing good that could come from that.

I think that stopping that counts as heroism.

Is it normal to punish heroism now? I mean I know I've been living under a rock for a thousand years, but that doesn't sound like something that would have changed in that time?

Rapport:[roll0]+4 9

Humble Master
2014-08-10, 01:09 PM
"It may have been heroism." Subtle said "But to be fair, Sabina did yell fire in a crowded building and took the destruction of the papers into her own hooves. No offense Sabina, but that was a pretty silly thing to do."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 01:29 PM
Either way before you Take Sabine Mrs. Blades i need to do something to her. Spark turns to Sabina, And takes her outside. Alright Sabina, if you are dominated what i am about to do will knock you out, if you are not nothing will happen alright.
VOD HAH LOG!

[roll0]+6

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 03:40 PM
Please come upstairs, young filly.

Is it normal to punish heroism now?

"But to be fair, Sabina did yell fire in a crowded building

"B-but mom, I..." There are very few things that seem to ever bother Sabina. However, big pink bows seem to be one of them. "Awww, I don't... it... but I..."

[COLOR="#FF0000"]VOD HAH LOG!

And with that her hair is blown backward. Sabina blinks in surprise... and then sulks a bit. She follows her mom up the stairs, defeated, to put on the pink bow; Her cheeks turning red with embarrassment.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-10, 04:29 PM
Adepha watches through the window as Spark uses his Shout on Sabina

Sabina feels a faint breeze, both against her body and in her mind in a strange phenomenon the filly simply cannot put into words. However aside from cooling her down slightly the shout doesn't have any noticeable effect.

While Subtle fell unconscious, Adepha was stumbled back. Sabina was barely even fazed.

It's hard to tell what this means.

It's not good for young fillies to be getting to scuffles, especially with the Law. Mrs. Blades reminds her daughter as she applies the bow out-of-sight from the rest of the group. By the time the duo returns downstairs, they can see Sabina in an adorable big pink bow in her mane.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 04:33 PM
You know you really look adorable when you have that bow in your mane Sabina. Spark states honestly. Well we all ready to go now?

[roll0]+2
Magic and occult( if i succeed the observation on what it means)
[roll1]+3

Humble Master
2014-08-10, 05:01 PM
"Sorry Sabina. Shall we go?" Subtle says. She notices that Sabina reacted differently to Spark weird shout thing but decides not to be paranoid and feed suspicion. Besides, Sabina is physically more stable.

Observation:[roll0]+7=14

Rater202
2014-08-10, 05:43 PM
Gear turns to leave.

We should get going.

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 06:36 PM
It's not good for young fillies to be getting to scuffles, especially with the Law.

"I'm sorry, mom," Sabina said sadly. "I promise not to do something reckless like shouting fire again." She walked back down stairs, tail between her legs again. She was completely regretting the false fare-alarm shout.

You know you really look adorable when you have that bow in your mane Sabina. Spark states honestly.

The filly stood there blushing red. "Um... thanks. I'm ready to go now."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 06:38 PM
Spark gives Sabina a Toothy grin. Just let me handle anything related to fire from now on ok! Spark moves to the door. Thank you Mrs. Blades for your hospitality. Alright lets get to the hive.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-10, 08:16 PM
Well if you ask me Sabina I think you got off pretty easy. Adepha remarks as they make their way to the hive.

After several minutes of travel the group is finally on the obsidian gates of the Palace, with two Palace Guards keeping watch. One of whom salutes Spark, but gives him a flat look. Oh come on that could not have been more than two hours. Are we being attacked?

You recognize Canthid pretty much immediately.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 08:18 PM
Spark Grins at CanthidWell we did cause some Discord ya, but attacked no. Is Mother still busy, Canthid?

Rater202
2014-08-10, 08:34 PM
Discord

Gear jumps, and then looks around, as though expecting the Spirit of Chaos to apear at any momentThousand year old Superstition: speak Discords name and he will appear.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-10, 08:35 PM
I've been standing here for the last two hours. They don't tell me if Arlia-
*AH-HEM!!* Canthid's counterpart clears his throat, with a death-glare aimed at Canthid.
I don't exactly keep tabs on Queen Arlia's day-to-days, y'know? Go inside. The Guard casts a spell, causing an unseen machine to begin activation, opening the gates for you.

To the best of my recollection, everything down here is all set for the Summit. All we're waiting for is the ready signal from Canterlot so you should be good to go.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 08:45 PM
Spark bows to the two guards, Thank you both again. As Spark passes them he askes Gear, What was that jump about? All i said was Discord?

Rater202
2014-08-10, 08:53 PM
Spark bows to the two guards, Thank you both again. As Spark passes them he askes Gear, What was that jump about? All i said was Discord?

Gear places his hoof over Spark's mouth.

Don't. Say. His. Name.

Speak his name, and he will come.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 08:54 PM
Spark being the most confused Wyrmling ever, Who He?
Yes as a Player in know who Discord is. but that does not have to mean Spark does.

Humble Master
2014-08-10, 08:56 PM
"That seems like an old superstition." Subtle said, currently preoccupied admiring the magical opening of the gate. "Besides isn't Dis..." she sighed ""He" still sealed in stone or whatever from when he returned and was subsequently defeated?" She then turned to Spark "He's a Spirit of Chaos that basically ruled Equestria 1,000 years ago. I've read that Princess Celestia and Luna used the Elements of Harmony to seal him away. He returned recently, but the current bearers of the Elements managed to defeat him. Apparently his magic is extremely potent and, random."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 09:00 PM
Spark looks confused still, and as if he were thinking. So, there is a being named Discord, that has magic greater then The Princesses? Wow, Sounds like a good person to make your friend.

Rater202
2014-08-10, 09:07 PM
".He returned recently, but the current bearers of the Elements managed to defeat him.
...What?!

Spark looks confused still, and as if he were thinking. [COLOR="#FF0000"]So, there is a being named Discord, that has magic greater then The Princesses? Wow, Sounds like a good person to make your friend.

Spark, are you crazy!?

Next you're going to say you want to be friends with...

Gear tries to come up with the name of an ancient evil:History[roll0]+4 9

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 09:08 PM
Well if you ask me Sabina I think you got off pretty easy.

Sabina doesn't say anything. She knows this bow is just the tip of the iceberg of punishment she'll face later.

The conversation back and forth about Discord does cheer her up slightly, in an odd way. "Don't know why you're all talking about that when clearly you have me to worry about." She tried to smile a bit there to show she was just kidding. "Well, let's go confuse another adult."

Sabina starts walking in through the gate.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 09:20 PM
By the time Spark get to the doors of the palace, he tells Sabina. I can actually burn down the Town Hall if it will help you from getting more punishment. Spark said jokingly. Spark knew that Sabina, well enough to know she was worried, he did not need to be a changling to know that.

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 09:33 PM
I can actually burn down the Town Hall if it will help you from getting more punishment.

Sabina stops in her tracks. She sighs, turns around, walks up to spark, and bear hugs him. "Don't ever change."
She turns around again and continues walking, feeling better.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-10, 09:39 PM
Next you're going to say you want to be friends with...

The first name that comes to mind is "Nightmare Moon."

Spark, that's like...a thousand times worse.

Spark guides the group through the winding, polished stone walls of the palace undisturbed. Asking for directions, they hear that Ambassador Sicale and his attendant/assistant/friend (the term used differs depending on who you ask) are exchanging stories with Queen Arlia and Ambassador Knacooth in the Throne Room.

Sure enough, walking in the throne room, the four can be seen. Starting from the left, there can be seen a Changling drone with a cerulean shell and wings, but whose eyes are obscured by a pair of sunglasses. Something about him, however, strikes you as extremely cuddly. Next to him is a Unicorn Stallion with a green coat and a blue mane who looks like he can go hoof-to-hoof with even some of the toughest Hive Guard here. Then there is Queen Arlia on her throne, and to the furthest right is a massive hulking brute of a Changling easily as large as Princess Celestia with at least five times the mass in muscle alone. If the Unicorn could go hoof-to-hoof with the palace guard, then that changling could incapacitate any of them by simply walking into them, purely on accident. One can also see he has a red-tinged carapace with red eye-lenses and a red shell along with red wings that are easily large enough to support his body weight. His features also appear elongated, predatory, and vicious, very dragonlike.

Adepha gawks at the massive changling. What the hay is THAT?!

The Queen is the first to spot the new arrivals.

Ah! Welcome back, Spark! How is everything?

The names of everyone from left to right:
Cerulean-shelled cuddly changling: Sicale
Green Unicorn: Adamant Shield
Giant Changling: Knacooth

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 09:45 PM
Hello Mother! Spark cheerfully says, Things are... EH, but before i get into that let me introduce everyling. Spark starts from the left to the right. Introducing Sicale, Adamant Shield, and Knacooth. And these are my friends. Subtle, Sabina, Adepha, and Gear. Spark then repeats himself in Dovah for Knacooth.

DigoDragon
2014-08-10, 09:57 PM
Sabina attempts a polite curtsy in the presence of the guests. "A pleasure."

Ettiquiete: 13 (crit)
[roll0] +4

Humble Master
2014-08-10, 10:02 PM
Subtle bows before the gathered officials. It had taken her awhile to get used to Spark's mom being the Queen of Hive Olith."Pleased to meet you all." Almost instinctively Subtle tried to see if any of the officials gathered there had the tell-tale magical sheen in their eyes that signaled domination.

Observation:[roll0]+7=17

Rater202
2014-08-10, 10:42 PM
Gear is noticibly a bit intimidated by the presence of the behemoth and the fearsome unicorn-underground with brutes and all that, but still mamanges to bow in acknowledgement of the royalty and peace delegation beings present.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-10, 11:54 PM
Spark nods as his friends introduce themselves. Now were to begin. As you know i Domination has been happening around town. I thought Adepha was, but it turns out Subtle actually was Dominated. Also more of the town may be dominated then we first though, due to this Glyph, only Crystal ponies can see. but the magic is still there and can affect other ponies. And we still are not sure who is behind it all. the lead theory right now is, it is some pony or ling that works for you or the mayor.
Spark gives a quick summary knowing his friends would fill in any gaps.
if Arlia does not repeat anything Spark says in Dovah, Spark will.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 12:36 AM
As you approach, Subtle is able to get a good look at everyling's eyes (except for Sicale because he's wearing sunglasses.) She's fairly certain that none of them have any yellow sheens that betray a Domination.

Unfortunately your words seem to confuse the behemoth Changling, though Queen Arlia speaking draconic seems to clarify that immediately as she's acting as a translator.

Foals?! Adamant balks. We're entrusting the security of this event with a bunch of ten-year old foals?! However it seems to be that he is the only one of that opinion. Sicale appears to cringe, Arlia gives the unicorn the Evil Eye, while Knacooth didn't understand a word he said and the Queen does not seem keen on translating it. Perhaps it's for the best.

Sicale clears his throat, trying to grab everyling's attention. ....ANYWAYS, we have heard about all this. Queen Arlia happily translates this to Draconic for Knacooth's convenience. It sounds like, well, you already know why. But from what else i've heard, it's not just about us. You've caused far more trouble than he has, with writing a glyph noling else can see and Dominating two ponies into passing out false documents. It's almost as if whoever this is is targeting you all in particular.

From what Queen Arlia has said about you all, you have quite a reputation around town. You, somehow, seem to be his biggest threats.

Or "her." I'm not making assumptions here.

Ahney ven mu fend kunus borii bo do un paal

"Either way we should anticipate the next move of our foes." Queen Arlia translates.

Turning public support against us is a good first-step. The delegates from Canterlot will see protests, and the burden will be on us to address their concerns. If they are all Dominated, our pleas would fall on deaf ears and the Delegates would be difficult to persuade that they are, indeed, Dominated or that this is a part of an elaborate scheme for a purpose we don't entirely understand.

It is the truth, though.

Orchard's Razor. He, or she, has us where he wants us. What would his next step be?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 12:49 AM
their initial purpose is clear, and you already have stated it, they want to undermine the whole Summit? Spark sits down, with his claw to his chin. Is the summit being held here in the hive, or in the town? Spark also thinks on old strategies that may have been similar to this.

Changling history
[roll0]+3=9
Dragon history
[roll1]+3=7
Pony history
[roll2]+3=6

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 06:29 AM
Sabina leaned closer to the dragon and whispered. "Prince Spark, maybe the next target is the Canterlot delegate?"

Rater202
2014-08-11, 10:29 AM
Mr. shield? If you've heard of our reputation, then why do you have a problem with us helping?

I mean, we gave a trio of Diamond dogs nightmares, solved a poisoning, beat a cryomancer in a snowball fight. I punched a monster in the face because it foalnapped one of my friends, that's how this happened*waves prosthetic* These three*Nods to Sabina, Subtle and Adepha* beat up that same monster and it's two siblings, we discovered a piece of ancient history, and a little while ago we beat up a crazy voodoo mare who was almost an Alicorn who foalnapped two of my friends.

The rumor mill topside says we're going to grow up to be superheroes.

...By the way, does anypony know who this "Iron Stallion" character is?

Rapport:[roll0]+4 13

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 10:41 AM
Spark leans into Sabina as well. Don't call me prince. you know i am just Spark. Then Spark leans away. Sabina just had an interesting idea, what if the next target is the Canterlot's that are coming to the summit?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately for Spark, Changling history is complex and shrouded in secrecy even amongst themselves. Hundreds of hives over hundreds of years doing what they can to obscure mentions and knowledge of their existence make it a major headache for anyling trying to account for anything besides local history. From what Spark does recall, however, is that one other attempt at peace between Equestria and a tribe of primitive ponies was thwarted when other tribesponies attacked the proceedings, the Equestrian delegates narrowly managing to escape with their life. The tribe was then considered universally ponysona-not-grata but only managed to maintain peace by the unspoken rule of "I leave you alone, you leave me alone." It's heavily implied in the text that the tribesponies were actually changlings in disguise trying to seek peace.

"Iron Stallion" is a superhero from the Marevel Comics universe about an Earth Pony playcolt billionaire named Pony Stark who builds a robotic suit that lets him fly around and shoot laser beams in order to fight crime and protect Equestria from threats such as The Maredarin and Iron Moniker. Sicale grins at the ability to demonstrate his uncanny knowledge about Equestrian pop-culture, but does nothing but earn blank stares from everyling else on his side of the room.

...whaaat? He asks.

I know of you all pretty well. I just expected you to be...bigger, is all.

I think they might try something at where the Summit will take place. Adepha suggests. Maybe he's set up like...a trap in advance or something.

Well, the Summit is supposed to take place in the old Hive Darlok Warrior Cadre Temple Courtyard, given that it is the only space large and resilient enough to accommodate the Magma Queen. From everything you have heard, many of the old Hive Darlok spaces are being restored for historical purposes though many have found new functionality for the old spaces. For example, Red Chance now uses the Infiltrator Caste Temple as a workshop to create new stage props and store other ones, though from what you recall, he's in trouble with the local historians for doing so.

goraag jud fund frein faal mu'ular soz.

Tol los fahvos Biijen Vulok yol vogahriin nizaag.

The Magma Queen would melt the courtyard

That is why Indigo Eclipse fireproofed the area.

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 12:51 PM

Sabina listened to Adamant, but tried to imagine what the giant changling adjacent of him would consider 'bigger'. He was just... Huge. She picture herself as large as he was and... never mind that image. Being large enough to carry all your friends at once was just too weird.

"There are plenty of nooks to hide things under that courtyard," the filly whispered to Spark. "We can offer assistance in looking it over since we've explored there once."

Rater202
2014-08-11, 01:13 PM

You know I get that a lot? Try living on nothing but a small bowl of stale hay every two or three days for a year. You'd be small too.

Oh wait! You meant the foals thing. Does it help that I'm technically a thousand and eleven?

Gear turns to Queen Arlia

Um, your majesty, are you sure it's safe to have the summit there? I mean, from what we found Queen Nada-can't remember her name was a bit of a... um.

Gear is glad that Aeslia isn't here to hear Gear badmouthing her mother, even as he blanks on the polight modern word for what he intends to call her.

Have you made sure there aren't any nasty surprises present? Like animated husks or a statue that drains your emotions.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 01:23 PM
Mother, if you'd allow us, and if the old traps are gone like Gear has asked. Would you allow us, to check for any traps the fiend as laid, or do you think they would wait till tomorrow on such things?

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 01:32 PM
Sabina made a mental memo to invite Gear over for dinner some time. Maybe her earth pony robustness was inherited from her father, but mom's home cooking certainly built on top of that. She leaned over to Gear. "Make sure you bring the potatoes," she whispered.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 03:30 PM
From where he is standing, Spark suddenly notices Knacooth taking interest him him, far more interest than before.

No, it does not. Adamant replies to Gear candidly.

The Archaeologists in charge of cataloguing the ruins were supplemented by Hive Guard to ensure the team's safety against any traps. I can say with confidence that with the exception of areas we are still trying to dig out from their cave-ins, the temples are trap-free. Not a single trap was ever identified in the Courtyard.

If you wish to examine the Warrior Cadre Temple for yourselves, you are free to do so. I would ask you be careful, though.

Gevild nau... The behemothic Changling interrupts, fixated on Spark

Fos drey hi saag for do hin monah lost?

The line of indecipherable inquiry draws a questioning glance from Queen Arlia.

Hold on...

What did you say the name of your mother was?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 03:48 PM
Spark looks confused at Knacooth? Did the giant in what would be a playground for him, suddenly have a lapse of memory. <Arlia, in* Knacooth?>

* for the others in is master in dovah

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 04:08 PM
Could somepony tell me what's going on? Sicale and Adamant look to Queen Arlia and Knacooth, confused.

Queen Arlia herself doesn't appear any more cogniscient as to just what her old friend is talking about. The two exchange glances, back and forth to each other and to Spark, when suddenly what the behemoth was trying to tell the Queen nonverbally hits her like a ton of bricks.

Geyol, nii uld kos nid nuz mu lorot mu praag wah fun hi atruk, ko jormaar.

Spark, it might be nothing but we think we need to tell you something, in private.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 04:10 PM
Spark looks concerned. Drey Zu'u dreh atruk folaas?

Did I do something wrong?

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 04:14 PM
<No no no, you are not in trouble.> Queen Arlia reassures Spark. <We think we know who your biological father is. You might want to know this.>

Rater202
2014-08-11, 04:18 PM
Could somepony tell me what's going on?

Unfortunately the only ones who speak dragon are the ones who don't seem Keen on translating for those of us who have no clue what's going on.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 04:18 PM
Spark looks more confused then ever. Vir, Zu'u dreh ni orin mindok wo dii vahzah Monah los namas naal for?

Spark turns to Gear, I am sorry Gear, Knacooth was asking who my mother was, and now He and mom, are saying they know my father? Spark then turns to Shield and Sicale and bows. Forgive my Rudeness, Ambassador and Sir Shield.
Spark then begins to shake in both fear and excitement? he lowers his head as he starts to stop a sob. Zu'u lost heyv wah dreh fah daar naar diist, ahrk nid trun fos hi fun zey Zu'u los Arlia's kul. Ahrk rek los dii monah. Vos dii fahdon ahrk Zu'u wah examine raald diist, ruz mu vis tinvaak dahvulon.
How, I don't even know who my true Mother is except by name?

I have a duty to do for this summit first, and no matter what you tell me I am Arlia's son. And she is my mother. Allow my friends and I to examine the temples first, then we can talk tonight.

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 04:43 PM
Sabina gave a very small shrug, unable to follow more than half the conversation due to the language barrier. She put a hoof on her dragon friend. "Would you like a moment, Spark? We can meet you at the exit to the valley."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 05:04 PM
Spark gets up, adn turns to Sabina and hugs her. No, no, lets head to the Temple, unless you guys, having anything else to say or ask?

Humble Master
2014-08-11, 05:18 PM
"I'm always ready to look around ancient Changling ruins, even if they are Darlokian. Shall we depart?" Subtle felt there was something more she should say to Spark but wasn't quite sure what.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 05:23 PM
Adepha seems awestruck by...something. Her attention seems focused on the interaction between Spark, Queen Arlia, and Knacooth, but her mind was elseware entirely.

<That's just the thing!> Knacooth tries to get Spark's attention. <You-> ...but is cut off by Queen Arlia's leg stopping him.
<My friend, please respect the wishes of my son. There will be a time and place for everything.>

I wonder what the real-estate values are for a dwelling in the Catacombs...
Sicale, you live in a palace that's just as unlit.
Yeah well I don't live in a temple.

Everyling, just...please be careful.

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 05:35 PM
"Yes," Sabina said to Subtle after receiving the dragon hug. "Let us depart and check out the place... of the Darlok... hive... arena thing... together."

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 05:36 PM
Yes, mom, we will be as careful as we can. Spark smiles at her and smiles at her before leaping giving her the biggest warmest hug he can ever manage. I will see you all tonight.

Spark then leaves the throne room, and leads his friends out.

Rater202
2014-08-11, 05:42 PM
Gear trots out after Spark.

Humble Master
2014-08-11, 06:09 PM
Subtle similarly follows her friends to the Razor Valley and the Warrior Cadre temple.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 08:50 PM
After a rather long walk, though fortunately it's not much later than 4:00 according to those you ask along the way, you make it to the fertile canyon caught between two fissures along shear peaks known as Razor Valley. Walking along familiar routes, you eventually find the enormous arena upon which the ancient Warrior Caste Temple of Hive Darlok sits, though by no means in disrepair. The massive circular valley is only as overgrown as its restorers have allowed it to be. The facade of the infrastructure, while no means completely restored, is clearly showing signs of returning to its former glory as once fallen obsidian obelisks rise into the air and cracked, uneven Obsidian tiles are arranged with mechanical precision and attention to detail. The trimmings, etchings, and designs on many portions of the temple are once again able to demonstrate the craftsponyship of the hooves that both originally carved them into the stone and undid 1000 years of neglect.

However the signs of work still yet to be completed are also obvious. Several locations show where replacement tiles are yet to be laid upon the ground of the arena-like structure, and even some areas have yet to be touched by the site's restorers. Scaffolding is still obvious upon the temple face where Earth Ponies and Unicorn artisans may assist in the crafting, as are many replacement obsidian structures and the tools used in their placement hidden underneath canopies meant to shield them from the elements. Overall, the project seems to be coming together.

Even if there is zero chance for it to be completed by tomorrow or even the day after assuming the delegates arrive late, the symbolism of this location is also profound as the past is shown, so is the future. Where there is once ruin, there is rebirth. In the days of yore, this site trained the warriors of Darlok for war and slaughter. Now, it will host a summit that should bring about lasting peace. The site is not complete nor would any agreement made here hope to be the final version of whatever it is that ultimately integrates the Changling hives with the greater Equestrian society, but it is, as it will be, a work in progress. Once it is completed, the end result will be beautiful.

You are not alone, however. Dozens of VPD Police Ponies and Olithian Hive Guard patrol the area. They do little else aside from greet you, but when you attempt to enter the arena, a police pony and hive guard both stop you all. The latter recognizes Prince Spark, and that alone is enough to grant the group access.

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 09:00 PM
"Oh my Celestia," Sabina said to her friends. "Tentative scaffolding, old unstable construction, cops that let little foals in without question? This place is a death trap!"

Rater202
2014-08-11, 09:25 PM
"Oh my Celestia," Sabina said to her friends. "Tentative scaffolding, old unstable construction, cops that let little foals in without question? This place is a death trap!"

Not that little... One get's the feeling that Gear doesn't like being reminded that he's small for his age.

Besides, we do kind of have a reputation. Probably figure we can handle ourselves

And we are with the prince of the hive. That was why we were let in, after all.

DigoDragon
2014-08-11, 09:33 PM
Not that little... One get's the feeling that Gear doesn't like being reminded that he's small for his age.

"Oh, I meant... young," Sabina corrected herself. "As in young ponies and lings shouldn't be allowed into what is probably a construction site. Though you do have a good point that we got royalty to escort, hee hee." She looked around for an idea of where to begin, but quickly turned back to gear.

"And no, you don't get to count your 1000-year gap, smarty pants." She grinned at her crystal friend.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-11, 09:34 PM
Spark is awed at how the progression of this site is going, he truly feels bless to be standing in it. Spark looks to the Guards as he and his friends walk in, when he gets close enough he asks one of them What is the matter, did something happen?

Rater202
2014-08-11, 10:06 PM
"And no, you don't get to count your 1000-year gap, smarty pants." She grinned at her crystal friend.

Gear's response can be summarized as follows::smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 10:08 PM
Even so, if you're a thousand and eleven years old and you only JUST graduated from elementary school, my goodness, how embarrassing. Adepha teases Gear as she scans around the area, looking for things of interest, but mostly just rubbing her hoof along the glass-smooth obsidian obelisks.

Rater202
2014-08-11, 10:28 PM
Even so, if you're a thousand and eleven years old and you only JUST graduated from elementary school, my goodness, how embarrassing. Adepha teases Gear as she scans around the area, looking for things of interest, but mostly just rubbing her hoof along the glass-smooth obsidian obelisks.

That first day, when I first met you guys? That was my first day of school ever.

I graduated elementary school despite only ever having that one year of formal schooling.

I think that's pretty impressive, don't you? I mean, I had to learn the equivalent of four grades of history and 2 years of mathematics in like three months.

I'm still not cought up in Equestrian

Equestrian, or English as our players might know it, is of course Gear's worst subject, do ro changes in spelling and grammar over the last thousand years

Emperor Ing
2014-08-11, 11:16 PM
You're still a genius though, Gear. Adepha compliments the crystal pony. You could probably skip all the way to High School if it weren't for Equestrian class.

Rater202
2014-08-11, 11:32 PM
You're still a genius though, Gear. Adepha compliments the crystal pony. You could probably skip all the way to High School if it weren't for Equestrian class.

And leave my best friends behind? Gear speaks in a hammy tone. Never!

...I'll just content myself with having a few patents to my name before middle school:smallbiggrin:Those would be his net gun lines, the paint rifle, a a machine that would allow non unicorns to change diapers without having to use their mouths.

Manufacturing rights have not been sold yet, but he's gotten offers-especially on that last one

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 12:47 AM
What is the matter, did something happen?

No, nothing bad happened. Just keeping watch. The Hives requested increased security. Rumors of some "Arbiter Hive" or something wanting to bring this thing down.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 02:08 AM
Thank you. Spark replies to the guard. Well you all are amazing in your own ways, Afterall I bet by now you could fly circles around Dysante hmm Adepha? and Well all know Gear is a genius. Sabina has a strong edge for doing what is right even if it gets her in trouble. And Subtle your magic is already starting to take shape as an amazing force. Spark smiles at his friends. Now what do you say Pirates, we stop this person or persons from ruining this Summit.

2d6+6 to inspire everyone even more.

well i suppose i did not need it. :smalltongue:

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 06:43 AM
Sabina wanders off into the arena with no discernible rhyme or reason. Maybe she spotted a squirrel or something.

Humble Master
2014-08-12, 08:17 AM
"What's this "Arbiter Hive"? And why would they want to destroy this place?" Subtle asked the guards as she busying herself examining the newly revealed carvings and designs that covered the stonework of the temple. However, her eyes were drawn to Sabina and her spontaneous squirrel search.

Observation:[roll0]+7=FAIL!
Persuasion:[roll1]+4=11

Rater202
2014-08-12, 11:38 AM
Gear begins looking for anything out of the ordinary, while also looking for oddities in the structures around him.

observation:[roll0]+4 12
Construction:[roll1]+14 20

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 12:27 PM
Subtle ends up following Sabina around with her squirrel hunt. No wait, is that the floor? Subtle's pretty sure that's a floor...

I dunno. The policepony gives a candid response to Subtle's inquiry. I heard some Hive Guard were talking about it though, some...Hive that infiltrates other Hives. Something about "Maintaining the Balance."

After finally managing to un-stuck her horn from the dirt in between the obsidian tiles, Subtle can finally come to the conclusion with 85% certainty that it's a floor. Furthermore, she can conclude that floors are not squirrels.

Gear, meanwhile, sees no particular structural weaknesses or anything that looks like it might be in danger of falling and hurting somepony or someling, or at least ones that aren't secured by some apparatus that is clearly designed with redundancies and fail-safes in mind, even if there's no imminent risk of collapse. Gear furthermore notices the spiral staircase they used to originally make their way down into the Catacombs was cleared and open, however it was secured by an unlocked metal grate acting like a trapdoor.

Adepha walks over to Gear's find. I dunno, this place is crawling with guards who'd notice anything suspicious. Maybe whatever the trap is is underground...?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 12:49 PM
Adepha, may be right, we should check the tunnels. Spark starts to make his way down the spiral staircase.

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 12:49 PM
Sabina refocused back on task. She turned around to meet Subtle. "I don't know, there's just too much around here to really know what this infiltrator could be planning. Surely the summit isn't going to be held in such a wide open space like this?"

Rater202
2014-08-12, 02:34 PM
I agree with Sabina.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 02:48 PM
Seems to me like there'd be plenty of escape routes, especially if you can fly. Adepha remarks.

The spiral staircase downwards is illuminated with small globes of bioluminescent gel fixed onto the wall at regular intervals, allowing all of you ease of access down the previously caved-in entrance. Arriving down into a familiar hallway, evidence of archaeological teams excavating the area is obvious as the once desolate and dark hallways are lit with gel lamps, with regularly placed chairs, tables, tools, and other assorted items laid about. Nopony seems to be within sight, however.

Before you all have the chance to begin the arduous and tedious work of searching every square inch of this place, Adepha catches your attention. Hey guys! She says. Was this always here? She is standing in front of a portion of caved-in hallway you previously did not have access to. However, Adepha seems to be looking down a narrow passageway between two chunks of debris that seems to be just wide enough for a foal to squeeze through.

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 02:59 PM
Was this always here?

"Course it was always here," Sabina said. "Passages aren't migratory."

This curiosity capped Sabina's recovery from depressionville earlier, as she was now happily curious to know where it led. The filly attempted to think small and squeeze through.

Flexibility~ 14
[roll0]+3

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 03:20 PM
Wasn't it caved in last time though. Spark slowly makes his way down the hall, keeping an eye out for danger.
[roll0]+2=11 crit

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 03:29 PM
Wasn't it caved in last time though.

"Probably," Sabina said, "But it isn't now. Which means either the restoration team cleared it like they did several other areas, or a third party did for plans not pleasant to the summit." She continued to pass through, keeping eyes open for anything dangerous. Cramped spaces didn't bother much, but still...

"A naked pegasus mare walks into a bar with a poodle under one wing and a two-foot baguette under the other. She lays the poodle on the table. The bartender says, 'I suppose you won't be needing a drink'."

Observation: 19 (crit)
[roll0]+4

Rater202
2014-08-12, 03:31 PM
Gea doesn't get Sabina's joke as he tries to fit in through the hole behind her.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 04:13 PM
...I don't get it.

Sabina's the first one to squeeze through. Thanks to her agility and movement, she's able to get through without so much as a scratch to her bow! Everypony else behind her is able to make it through as well, no problem. At the end of the small tunnel past the rubble is a passageway that forks into two paths. However, your progress is stopped by a partially transparent sickly green magical barrier that's halting your progress.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 04:19 PM
ah man. Spark walks up to the barrier to examine it, adn even see if he can push through it at least with his claws at first. Do you guys got any idea how to get around this? And how old do you think it is?
finesse Weapons
[roll0]+9=19

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 04:25 PM
Spark, i'm pretty sure forcefields don't work that- Somehow, the magic force powering the field bends and ripples against Spark's arm, weakening the points he is attempting pass his claw through, allowing him to get his hand through.

However, the forcefield seems to recognize the obstruction, and now Spark can't get his hand free or move it any farther in.

...i'm pretty sure forcefields don't work that way.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 04:32 PM
Adepha you never know something till you try. Spark jokingly wigles his free claw at Adepha. Then he turns to where his claw is stuck. hmm will we now definitely need to dispel this. Spark also takes a closer eye to the barrier, such as if it goes through the stone wall or end there.

how to dispel it. [roll0]+3=8
[roll1]+2=13

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 04:47 PM
Spark is pretty sure the barrier ends at the wall.

Spark is ALSO pretty sure a barrier should have outright stopped him. Maybe it's not an ordinary barrier, like it's meant to be passed through but only by certain individuals under certain circumstances...?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 04:49 PM
Hey Subtle you are better at magic then i am. Can you tell me what can pass through this barrier? All the while Spark is trying to force himself through again. finesse Weapons
[roll0]+9=20

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 04:52 PM
Spark finds himself slipping further through, this time actually managing to get halfway through before the barrier stops his progress.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 04:53 PM
Spark keeps push through, the barrier.
[roll0]+9

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 05:13 PM
...and Spark manages to wiggle his way all the way through! Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to deactivate the force field from this side.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 05:17 PM
Spark starts doing some minor test to see if he can be heard through the barrier. See Adepha, I knew i could get through. Spark also Starts scratching the tunnel wall, seeing how easy it would be to carve a hole through for the others.
[roll0]+4=11

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 05:28 PM
Sabina let out a snort. "You know, you could of tried it with like, oh I dunno, a stick?" she said sarcastically. "Well lets go for two out of two. Maybe the passage lets us exit on the other end like the last time we were down here." She pushes against the wall.

Weightlifting (iffy on what skill would do it)? 18
[roll0]+9

Rater202
2014-08-12, 05:38 PM
Gear's response to the events he just witnessed is to poke the forcefield with his prosthetic

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 05:42 PM
Whether it be dragon or Earth Pony, the stone ain't moving. The force-field does not yield to Gear's totally-not-bionic limb either.

Hey Subtle, have you tried your lockpicking spell?

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 05:46 PM
Spark shrugs, instead of trying to work a way around the barrier, he decides to explore the tunnel that was blocked off, and find a way to turn off the Barrier. I will be back guys, I will see if i can shut this thing off.
Spark moves deeper down the hall way keeping his eyes open and wary for anything.

[roll0]+2

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 06:05 PM
Sabina turns to her remaining friends. "If he gets into trouble on his own, I reserve the right to say 'I told you so'."

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 06:12 PM
Let's make it interesting:

If he gets into trouble, I wear the bow. If nothing happens or even if he shuts off the forcefield somehow, you keep on the bow. Adepha extends a foreleg to Sabina, waiting to see if she'll take the bet.

A bit of wandering doesn't yield any way to shut off the forcefield, but Spark DOES notice along the ground is a sickly yellow powder strung along the stone ground, stopped at regular intervals he can see the occasional rune on the ground.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 06:16 PM
Spark stops for a second to examine and remember anything about the powder or runes. before he continues onward.
[roll0]+3
[roll1]+2=8
Spark then follows the runes and powder.

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 06:17 PM
For some unexplainable reason, after a bit of walking through the passageways and examining each rune, Spark thinks they're meant to spell out "Potato."

Humble Master
2014-08-12, 06:21 PM
"Didn't some of the animated husks create green force fields when we were first here?" Subtle says as she examines the force field, trying to determine it's nature. "My, erm, lockpicking spell only works on mechanical locks. Unless there is some kind of mechanical bypass it won't help." The aspiring detective scours the area for some other kind of clue such as a hidden rune.

Magic and Occult:[roll0]+4=13
Observation:[roll1]+7=16 Crit!

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 06:24 PM
Spark shrugs off the funny potato runes, and keeps following the powder down the tunnels. still be as careful as he can.
[roll0]+2=7

Emperor Ing
2014-08-12, 06:28 PM
Subtle doesn't notice any runes or anything that might deactivate the forcefield. It's almost like it is of no concern to its caster. To the best of her recollection, forcefields like that were either never meant to be bypassed or are meant to secure it from individuals who do not have the magical key.

Spark notices after he goes far enough that the trail curves, eventually hitting a wall. That didn't stop whoever put this down, as they bore a tunnel through the stone and dirt to continue the trail. He then notices another tunnel dug perpendicular to the one Spark is traveling down, the intersection holds a series of runes. Judging by how fresh the dirt and rocks feel, it seems that this tunnel was dug recently.

cavalieredraghi
2014-08-12, 06:33 PM
Spark tries to see if these runes also say potato or not as well before continuing down the dirt path of the tunnels. [roll0]+3=11

Rater202
2014-08-12, 06:48 PM
Gear tries to examine the walls around the field, and the field of itself.

Construction for the walls:[roll0]+14 18

Occult for the field:[roll1]+4 9

DigoDragon
2014-08-12, 07:07 PM
If he gets into trouble, I wear the bow. If nothing happens or even if he shuts off the forcefield somehow, you keep on the bow.

"Mom's going to make me wear the bow anyway as part of my punishment. And you've done worse than a bow. Or did the dress from the last Nightmare night slip your mind?" Sabina had a mischievous smile. "Better bet-- If Spark gets hurt, I get to choose your costume for Nightmare Night. If Spark is unharmed, you can pick out my costume. Deal?"

Sabina holds out a hoof to see if Adepha likes this bet better.