PDA

View Full Version : I need a magical beast to salvage some parts from...

Dominuce2112
2014-08-06, 01:18 PM
I am playing a tribal, lizardfolk ranger and I need a melee weapon. I know there are precious metals and everything but thematically id really want to hunt something down and break down a bone, claw, tooth, tail of something I kill and turn it into a weapon (preferably large enough/slashing to be a falchion, i need the crit for prismatic burst)

My DM is pretty liberal and will let some of the properties transfer from creature to weapon. If something has a rend, or over comes some kind of DR or some kind of special ability, part of it would transfer to the weapon I make from it.

Any thoughts on beasts, vermins, dragons, ect that have special properties that youd like to see in a weapon?

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-08-06, 01:49 PM
How about Razor Boar MM 2.

CR 10
Large
In it's picture the tusks are huge. They looks longer than it's forlegs, but that could be due to the perspective. It's definetly longer than it's head from neck to snout.
They have the Vorpal quality.

Hazrond
2014-08-06, 01:52 PM

CR 10
Large
In it's picture the tusks are huge. They looks longer than it's forlegs, but that could be due to the perspective. It's definetly longer than it's head from neck to snout.

Uh... :smalleek:

Dominuce2112
2014-08-06, 01:57 PM

CR 10
Large

that may be worth the wrath of the DM

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-08-06, 02:07 PM
Uh... :smalleek:

Yeah, MM II!

It's in the OGL section in the back. Oh here we go it's actually in the SRD, I guess I've never notice before since I'm never looked for a non MM I critter there.

http://ogc.rpglibrary.org/mirrors/d20srd/srd/monsters/razorBoar.htm

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images//mm2_gallery/88268_620_106.jpg

that may be worth the wrath of the DM

Hmmmm, I'll give it some more thought then. What CR of critter do you feel capable of bagging?

lytokk
2014-08-06, 02:12 PM
It's entirely possible for the DM to decide that instead of vorpal, its just keen, since the same spell is necessary for making both enchantments, I think its Keen Edge.

Manticore tail spikes could make fine javelins. One of my players had the idea to do that. Heck, the claws of any magical beast could make for decent arrowheads.

Dominuce2112
2014-08-06, 02:23 PM
Yeah, MM II!

Hmmmm, I'll give it some more thought then. What CR of critter do you feel capable of bagging?

We just took out a megapede which is cr 20, but so is a terrasque and that just seems not right.

We are 2 pretty optimized (not min maxed, but we have powerful stuff and know how to play our toons) level 14 wilder/thrall and me and my ranger.