PDA

View Full Version : Need Dweomerkeeper's Mantle help.

arishardin
2014-08-06, 07:32 PM
So I have a 11th level Cloistered Dweomerkeeper. I just took my first level of DK. I can persist 7 spells per day. Now I'm trying to decide on a mantle of spells list. Can anyone give me some insight on where I should go with my divine mantle? What spells are going to be the most useful?

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-06, 08:22 PM
Spells that you "need" but don't want to prepare. My wizard has celerity in his. Close Wounds might be good. Escape spells are handy unexpectedly sometimes. Many immediate action spells are a good fit.

Anthrowhale
2014-08-06, 08:32 PM
If you can get access via the Spell domain, Arcane Fusion is a good choice.

Jack_Simth
2014-08-06, 08:37 PM
I'll second the immediate action spells - Close Wounds and Delay Death (both Spell Compendium) are extremely useful to have, but useless when you don't need them. You'll also never really know how many you need.

Another useful one is Revivify (Spell Compendium) as a quick pickup for someone who just died. Combines well with Revenance (also Spell Compendium) to change the death moment to post-battle.

Zanos
2014-08-06, 08:53 PM
(Greater) Dispel Magic.

Optimator
2014-08-06, 10:14 PM
My first suggestion would be Dispel Magic or Greater Dispel Magic as well. Other good choices are Divination, Augury, and Commune.