PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Strange PCs and NPCs

Black Mage
2007-03-04, 08:45 PM
I'm curious how many weird characters we can get here...

1. An awakened squirrel monk (Actually a character in a game I'm in....it took down an ettin on it's own :smalleek: )

2. Kender psion....the horror...

JellyPooga
2007-03-04, 08:59 PM
3) 20th level character, 1 level of every caster class - How many 1st level spells was that?

Arbitrarity
2007-03-04, 09:10 PM
A reincarnated squirrel. Returned as a drooling, animalistic dwarf.

Thankfully, the *cough* "neutral" "ex" assassin put him out of his misery.

Aximili
2007-03-04, 09:30 PM
A lychantrope, half-dragon Solar with the Vampiric dragon template on top. ^^
(if anyone's wondering, he was a rogue).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-04, 09:53 PM
I had an ultrastrong tiefling barbarian protecting a psychotic demonologist/wizard in the abyss. The tiefling had incredible intelligence, but a wisdom score of around 6. He was fun.

JackMage666
2007-03-04, 11:42 PM
I once made a Vampire Cleric of Pelor.

I've learned that a Bone Mephling looks almost identicle to a fiend.

A Pixie Reaping Mauler IS something to afraid of.

The Derro Fighter dual-weilding a Heavy Pick and a Battleaxe is pretty scary. Especially when he eats the Centaur.

Half-Fiend Aasimars or Half-Celestial Teiflings have potential.

A Mongrelfolk, Duegar, or Svirneblin Bard... Particularly the Mongrelfolk.

Can't my beloved NPC Stonecutter - The Dwarf Dread Pirate.

Well, the most recent I have is an Awakened Rat Beguiler. Strange, but awesome... Especially because it's NE.

dorshe1
2007-03-05, 12:08 AM
We had a party of three half orcs, one of which was a paladin of gruumsh who was being led by an elf. The paladin's knowlege religion was -2 so he completely forgot they didn't like elves.

Dhavaer
2007-03-05, 12:20 AM
The old hobo who was shouting about how only the Power Rangers could protect children from the evil of Mr Rogers. He's right, too.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-05, 12:21 AM
Among my characters:

An undead-hating, undead Paladin (duh.)

A horribly malicious and hellishly powerful gnome cleric, driven insane because everyone wouldn't take him seriously and thought that whatever good he did, it was actually a "grown up."

A lich treant, burned down eons ago and protecting the wilderness through necromancy.

A kobold, convinced that he is actually the reincarnation of a legendary human fighter. Not likely, as for starters he can only speak pidgin Common. Has a scary knack for traps, though, including a giant ballista set up between two trees that hurled attacking bugbears 300 feet. Even after this, he still acts like he beat them fair and square. Not to shabby with his spear, anyway.

And the piece de la resistance-

A corrupt avenger who lost his family to a fairy prank gone wrong...Thus, whenever this seemingly normal human townsperson sees a cute widdle pixie, his jaw opens to an obscene degree, his eyes rot out of his sockets to be replaced by flame, his skin sinks and bubbles, turning sickly green, his skeleton warps and gives him a hunched, but massive figure, spines and worms erupt from him, staining him with blood, and he draws a wickedly hooked +3 keen wounding spiked chain.

He promptly screams "FAIIIIIIRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEESSSSS!" like the voice of hell itself, brutally tears the guts out of every adorable 4-inch-tall fey in sight (if he has a free hand, biting their heads off), and then turns human and goes back to his daily business as though nothing happened.

The peasants tended to shy away from that character. And, considering he can sense them and WILL hunt them down, fairies tend to stay MILES away.

I think his name was something like "Daedric Kess, Drinker of Fairy Blood." It's been a while since I played him, as he obviously wasn't the most multi-dimensional of PCs.

Nahal
2007-03-05, 12:29 AM
Odd PC's:

Loki's intelligent joybuzzer. It could change shape into a variety of more useful forms.

A druid who clothed himself by bonding pieces of his foes' clothing and armor to his skin. Don't ask. We eventually left him for dead in the Plane of Air.

An elf wizard who could make himself invulnerable to almost any attack but be unable to affect the world around him while he did so. Who also had permanent spider climb and true seeing. And was still outclassed by our foes.

A Professional (Traveller T20 campaign) who was artificially made psionic (PSI 14). Could repair or reverse engineer ANYTHING due to skill cheese and ridiculous INT.

A deposed baroness who became worshipped as a fertility/love goddess after sleeping with 100 soldiers without failing a CON check and then later gave birth to the antichrist.

As for NPC's? Sheesh, my GM's campaigns have 1001 on their own.

The intelligent, human-sized hamster traders with a tent that lead to another universe.

The uber-powerful bipedal insectoid that was supposed to help save the world but instead got posessed by an epic BBEG.

An intelligent, oversized cockroach with sorceror levels that got turned to evil.

A small floating glass orb posessed by the spirit of a 5-year-old girl that posessed ridiculous magical powers.

An awakened squirrel druid that the party drove to evil because we were mean to him. He FoD'ed our cleric.

Several varieties of sentient robots, one of whom went crazy and became obsessed with taking the faces off of people and wearing them.

A sentient cat who was merely the physical manifestation of a multidimensional being from outside our universe.

The ghost of a 7-year-old child abuse victim, who we also turned evil but are now in the process of fixing (we hope).

And many others.

Druid
2007-03-05, 12:30 AM
One time I decided to play a dwarf who had been abandoned as a child and gone slightly insane. This had somehow caused him to become aware of his existence within a game and would do things like blame the DM for his misfortune and cared little for the lives of others; they were after all just sets of numbers within a much greater beings pastime. Before I ever got a chance to play him I realized that while entertaining on paper, such a character would quickly becomes tiresome.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-03-05, 12:34 AM
A Psuedonatural Squirrel (unawakened) with the Lichloved feat. Toss in some other stuff from the BoVD for "teh win".

Dhavaer
2007-03-05, 12:38 AM
A Psuedonatural Squirrel (unawakened) with the Lichloved feat. Toss in some other stuff from the BoVD for "teh win".

Give it a few feats from the BoEF too. +6 to a stat of your choice for 24 hours!

NEO|Phyte
2007-03-05, 12:42 AM
No, a Ghost with the Telekinesis supernatural ability, 5 levels of something with Concentration as a class skill (Monk suggested, for extra grapple damage), Master of the Unseen Hand, and THEN Reaping Mauler is something to be afraid of. Grappling at 800+ feet with your CL for BAB(which should equal your ECL, as MotUS gives a CL bonus to telekinesis, which makes up for the Ghost template's LA) and CHA instead of STR? Yes please.

TheOOB
2007-03-05, 02:41 AM
A werewolf catfolk enchantress

clockwork warrior
2007-03-05, 06:09 AM
i once had a werebadger samurai- he was cool

and a vampire who was crazed because he never drank blood (to the point that it warped it little undead mind)

Belkarseviltwin
2007-03-05, 02:00 PM
A badger hengeyokai wu jen. Who summoned fiendish dire badgers. "It's a badger badger badger badger badger badger..."
A psychotic halfling warlock with a +30 to Intimidate. Despite being 3'2".

Gorbad the Limb Rippa
2007-03-05, 02:06 PM
A friend played a Insectile fighter,rouge,wizard,druid,devoted defender,fang of lolth,shadow adept goblin called pablo.

Monseigneur
2007-03-05, 02:46 PM
A Half-Celestial Scorpionfolk Ranger with a Major Titan Bloodline riding an Ankheg. I have DMed a game with this monstrosity being a PC.

Khantalas
2007-03-05, 02:49 PM
A lychantrope, half-dragon Solar with the Vampiric dragon template on top. ^^
(if anyone's wondering, he was a rogue).

Well, RAW, it is twice impossible.

1) Lycanthrope templates can be added to only humanoids and giants.

2) Vampiric Dragon template can only be added to true dragons, because it has a age category requirement.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-03-05, 03:26 PM
Unusual characters? Let me think... MY WHOLE PARTY!

1. Me, an evil doctor wizard that collects organs. Born and raised in Underdark.

2. Banelore Blackclaw, Lord of the chickens. Seriously.

3. A Raptoran Ranger. Actually not that weird.

4. An utterly insane rouge. Slaughtered a shopkeeper for annoying the evil wizard.

Renrik
2007-03-05, 04:49 PM
A kobold ninja. Actually took down some horrible abomination of the underworld in one turn, doing 101 damage. He was in a group with a blackguard, a tiefling, and a mindbender who kept a cave troll as his slave. These were the good guys in that campain.

An insane blind gnoll ranger with the archery combat style. Actually, he was really damned good. He had been a mercenary in the Last War, and was cought just outside the border on the day of the Mourning, running a scouting mission for his army. So, the counrty employing him now in ruins, his eyesight destroyed by the mourning, and his mind gone, he wandered the continent for a while, not knowing that the war was over. He mainly just killed travelers on the road outside Sharn. Eventually, he found out the war was over, and signed on with some adventurers. His death came not by monsters or traps, but by the law; he was eventually hunted down by Brelish authorities, who had him hanged from a tower overlooking Sharn's harbor for his banditry.

The ghost of an elven ranger. An elven ranger with undead as his favored enemy, who worshipped a god that hated undead. He had started the campain as a living elf, and was a prized ranger in his church's service. He was sent on a ission by his family to go find his necromancer cousin and bring him back to the family's home to attend the funeral of his grandfather. Naturally, the ranger (Skycrown Coldwind) hated this mission. He went on the mission nonetheless, found his cousin (Leafdance Coldwind), gave him the message, fought a terrorist known as the Rooftop Archer, meta teifling paladin and her goblin friend, and eventually went back home, to attend to funeral. On the way there, he was captured by troglodytes, who tried to sacrifice him. He killed them all, save for the last one, who killed him. He awoke to find a crow eating his body.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-03-05, 09:03 PM
The hardest encounter ever: 12 dancing dire badgers, three funguses, and a huge python. If those aren't weird NPCs, I do not know the meaning of weird.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-05, 09:06 PM

Hehehee! Dude, look at my post!

Everyman
2007-03-05, 09:20 PM
A warlock lich that manages to finish taking levels in Green Star Adept...

By the laws of templates, the UNDEAD "lich" becomes a CONSTRUCT lich.
A metal, skeleton that is massively strong, nigh indestructible, and keeps coming back to life. (TERMINATOR!)

Please explain to me why anyone would expect a construct to have a phylactery.:smallsmile:

The_Snark
2007-03-05, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, let's see...

Sir Finchblade, a pixie knight for a game on these boards. The knight class. His race and class neatly counterbalanced one another in most ways; can't fly with heavy armor, can't wear armor without getting it specially made to accomadate the wings, can't hit people while invisible or you violate the code of conduct. Pixies in the game were tiny, so he couldn't approach your standard human without drawing attacks of opportunity. And using spell-like abilities is unchivalrous. He didn't turn out to be that bad, though. And he was a lot of fun. "Stand and do battle, knaves!"

I also think I should mention Neophyte's wereweasel psychic warrior using the Illithid Heritage feats here.

jjpickar
2007-03-05, 10:13 PM
Merfolk Pyrokineticist. She is a very depressed merfolk.

NEO|Phyte
2007-03-05, 10:44 PM
I also think I should mention Neophyte's wereweasel psychic warrior using the Illithid Heritage feats here.
*feels special*

Nothing like a tentacled weasel to brighten up someone's day.

Nahal
2007-03-05, 11:27 PM
*feels special*

Nothing like a tentacled weasel to brighten up someone's day.
"Brighten" is not the word I would use. "Lovecraftify," however, serves quite well.

alchemy.freak
2007-03-05, 11:29 PM
Papa Loove, pimping it out in the year 1483, platform boots, pimp cane and all.

Wippit Guud
2007-03-05, 11:38 PM
Treant Blighter

NecroPaladin
2007-03-05, 11:43 PM
No one's mentioned the chameleon-tattoo warforged monk who can turn into any object (Because animated objects are his creature type) yet? I call him "Optimus Prime."

Phoenix Talion
2007-03-05, 11:54 PM
The most intrinsically weird character I've ever played was a blind kender rogue. Who decided to become a paladin in honor of the death of the knight of Solamnia.

Plenty of others weren't intrinsically weird, they just ended up doing wierd things.

AtomicKitKat
2007-03-06, 06:03 AM
Fleshwarper. Man of a thousand faces. Almost literally too. :P

To be more specific, I posted the "Octopus Drummer" on this board last month. Duskblade/Expert/Fleshwarper who could touch anyone in a 15(20?) foot radius with any spell as much as 2N(give or take), where N was the number of arms he had(after grafting, obviously). Lightning Mace allowed him to get an arbitrarily large number of said attacks off per round, depending on how many critical threats he got off.

Stephen_E
2007-03-06, 07:14 AM
Wierdest -
Rolemaster - A Werewolf Halfling Beastmaster with a Direwolf companion he rode as a mount in Halfling form and who had his offspring after some Werewolf/Direwolf encounters. The Dire Wolf was later offically declared a Countess after my Halfling became a Count in a Imperial province we ressurected.

DnD 3.5 - A NG Orc Fighter (mostly) who had a Hv Warhorse Animal Cohort and dressed in Mithril Fullplate with Corellons symbol engraved on it (he was a VERY devout follower. He intended to find Grumash's lost eye and destroy it). Had more ranks in Religious knowledge than our Cleric.

Modified DnD 3.0 - A Dwarf Trollslayer who was immune to normal cold and ran around in nothing but tight leather trousers and many peircings. Wis 3, Cha 6. Fed the party magic mushrooms for dinner, and later when we were prisoners (see effects of magic mushrooms) helped the Rogue escape by providing him with a lockpick by tearing out a nipple ring against the bark of a tree we were tied against.

Warhammer - A Dwarf who thought that Dwarves were a dying race, and that Skaven were the natural inheritors of the Dwarven mantle, and that the Dwarves should take Skaven under their wing and teach them all their secrets.

Wizard who learn't to use a whopping big Flail and went around engaging Demons/Champions of Khorne in melee combat. Also was something of a firebug for a while. His magic was probably the only thing that saved him from been seduced by Korne due to his bloodlust.

Gurps/Vampire - A Vampire that thouth the Masqerade should be ended and that Vampire should come out inot the light (meataphorically speaking) and do things like stand for political office.

Shadowrun - A Dwarf hacker who had a obsession for chemistry of the incendary/explosive type. Managed to burn down his apartment building after making Napalm in his bathtub.

That's my weirder characters. To be honest my list of "normal" characters is probably shorter. In fact many of the people I play with claim I don't have "normal" characters, but that's untrue. They just don't remember them.

Stephen

JackMage666
2007-03-06, 11:20 AM
I once played a Vasharan Fighter/Warrior of Darkness who believed himself the distant son of Grazz't. As well, he'd been willingly possessed by a Succubus, so he heard her telling him to do things, which he normally listened to, but would often belittle and insult her as well. They had a healthy respect for each other, though, and she often told him whatever information she could He was a very angry person, and managed to slaughter an entire tribe of Were-Crocodiles, as well as remove any of their allies (it should also be noted that another players was bitten by one, and actually joined with the Were-Crocodiles. My character was merciful, though, and just shaved off an the inch-thick of skin that showed the tattoo of the Were-Crocodiles). Initially, his favorite weapons were his claws (gained through Vile feats), but that changed after he killed a Lion-like devil with a barbed tail and a shadow Unicorn with a jagged horn. He made a whip out of the demon tail and a longsword out of the unicorn horn. Cost a pretty penny, but it worked. Especially because the Longsword was treated as +3 and did 2d8 damage - My DM took it straight from the natural weapon statistics in her book. Too bad that campaign never finished.

Teloric
2007-03-06, 11:25 AM
Sure seems like there's a lot of squirrels in here...

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-06, 04:04 PM
I once had a player play a Pegasus Hospitaler, with a custom built helm of telepathy and telekenesis.

I also once had a player play a halfling monk who'd had enlarge cast on him permanently several times.

That was when I stopped letting players have really cracky races.

tobian
2007-03-06, 04:15 PM
My current is kind of odd at the moment

He is a blue half dragon bard who weilds a greatsword. :smallwink:

Though, there are a lot of squirrel ones in here...

Quietus
2007-03-06, 04:51 PM
ajk - several times? You're aware that Enlarge Person doesn't stack with itself, right? Not even making it permanent changes that. Magical size bonuses don't stack, ever.

silentknight
2007-03-06, 07:06 PM
A Werewolf Halfling Beastmaster with a Direwolf companion.....The Dire Wolf was later offically declared a Countess after my Halfling became a Count in a Imperial province we ressurected.

Now that IS strange. Hee-hee.

The_Werebear
2007-03-06, 08:16 PM
A dwarven bounty hunter named Gralnor Malfist. He carried enough weapons to supply a small country with arms for a year, and never slept if he could help it. In fact, while everyone else was sleeping, he was wide awake, sitting on a chair with a crossbow pointed at the door. He was also convinced his mule was working for his many enemies. Gralnor eventually developed so many tics that he looked like he was vibrating at high speed.

Black Mage
2007-03-06, 08:28 PM
A dwarven bounty hunter named Gralnor Malfist. He carried enough weapons to supply a small country with arms for a year, and never slept if he could help it. In fact, while everyone else was sleeping, he was wide awake, sitting on a chair with a crossbow pointed at the door. He was also convinced his mule was working for his many enemies. Gralnor eventually developed so many tics that he looked like he was vibrating at high speed.

Vibro-dwarf. :smallbiggrin:

Bagera
2007-03-25, 10:54 PM
A dire Halfling that eventually got magically enlarged and went into hulking hurler.

A Drunken Monk who had his pants enchanted with flaming burst. He had weapon focus hot pants.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 10:56 PM
Chaotic Evil person claiming to be a paladin.

A Sith Squirrel.

A bunny that somehow managed to use a buster sword.