PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Maximizing Natural Poison, Skills, and MAD Questions

Kevingway
2014-08-07, 12:13 AM
Hey guys,

I'm currently designing a character that is going to take the Poison Fangs Yuan-ti Graft from Serpent Kingdoms. This is a natural poison that scales with Con score and level... the only problem is, the character to whom I want to apply it is undead.

Being undead makes many aspects of this character much easier, but the loss of reliable poisoning is a heavy hit. I've looked through handbooks and other sources for ways to balance this out, but I can't find anything that can make this poison any stronger than what a low-level character could do.

Also, I'm desperately trying to find a class that fits the theme of a religious fanatic. I'll be boosting my Knowledge (Religion) up quite a bit, but I want to be able to use Knowledge Devotion to its full potential, so I'd like to know of all possible ways that this character can treat all Knowledges as trained. There's the whole Factotum+Able Learner trick, but I'd rather not dip into classes that completely break the skill system of D&D (that, and I'd prefer to roll up a class that fits the theme of the character in my head... a bit darker than some jack-of-all-trades goofball).

Lastly, this character is going to suffer from MAD hard. The x-to-y thread lists many examples of things from Pathfinder and 3rd party materials, but I'm looking for a more up-to-date count of all the different ways that I could possibly key spellcasting (normally Wisdom) to a different stat, strength to a different stat (including, especially, grapples), and dexterity-based skill checks to a different stat.

Whew. Alright, sorry for the mass of questions... but I appreciate any help I can get!