PDA

View Full Version : Player Help For Andvare

akaddk
2014-08-07, 05:00 AM
D&D Background: The Laborer (http://standbyforadventure.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/d-background-laborer.html)

Laborer
You have worked as a manual laborer your entire life. You have dirt under your fingernails and never shy away from a little hard work. Most of your time is filled in back-breaking labor, the type of work that keeps merchants and mine owners in business even as it makes you just enough money to get by. It’s a hard life, but it’s toughened you and made you confident in your abilities. Your past marks you as one of the common folk, but all great heroes start somewhere.

Happy now?

Human Paragon 3
2014-08-07, 09:45 AM
Not bad!

Good writing on that background. My only critique - I'm getting a little tired of all these "free breakfast" background features. It seems like the majority of background features include a place to sleep and a hot meal in certain circumstances. The features like criminal contact or (from the playtest) the three retainers for nobles were far more interesting.

Sartharina
2014-08-07, 10:32 AM
I liked the "Immunity to minor crime" background trait from the playtest. Streaking's a minor crime, right?

Inevitability
2014-08-07, 11:28 AM
I liked the "Immunity to minor crime" background trait from the playtest. Streaking's a minor crime, right?

I like to think someone actually tried this in the playtest, leading WOTC to removing it. :smalltongue:

DrBurr
2014-08-07, 11:31 AM

As long as its not during a major sporting event

Sartharina
2014-08-07, 11:58 AM
I like to think someone actually tried this in the playtest, leading WOTC to removing it. :smalltongue:Well, my barbarian in the playtest never wore anything more than a necklace found in an old ruin when reclaiming Blingdenstone.