PDA

View Full Version : Another look at the PHB (more details in post)

Merc_Kilsek
2014-08-07, 08:48 AM
Hour long look at the PHB. I didn't have time to watch the whole thing when I post this here but a nice page by page glance from what I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V9gB9tvKZI&feature=youtu.be

archaeo
2014-08-07, 09:29 AM
snip

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future." This guy is broadcasting himself flipping through a new book, idly commenting, while a chat scrolls away to the side. So it goes.

akaddk
2014-08-07, 09:35 AM
As keen as I am to find out all I can about the PHB... I'm not that freaking keen.

Yuki Akuma
2014-08-07, 09:37 AM
Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

May I sig this?

archaeo
2014-08-07, 10:03 AM
May I sig this?

I don't see why not!

Merc_Kilsek
2014-08-07, 10:58 AM
Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future." This guy is broadcasting himself flipping through a new book, idly commenting, while a chat scrolls away to the side. So it goes.

I guess I can be more judicial in my posts with previews. It wasn't my goal to bore people with the link.

archaeo
2014-08-07, 04:44 PM
I guess I can be more judicial in my posts with previews. It wasn't my goal to bore people with the link.

Oh, gosh, I wasn't trying to say I was bored; I just think it's funny and interesting and bizarre and a little sad. It's the future man. I ain't hatin'.

akaddk
2014-08-07, 05:00 PM

It's not you, it's the video.

rlc
2014-08-07, 06:03 PM
it was interesting. no huge surprises really, but interesting.

Tholomyes
2014-08-07, 06:31 PM
The big issue I have with most of the reviews/previews of the PHB I've seen so far are that they all seem to focus largely on the art. I like art in my books, and will even put down money on a book just for the art, but I will only do so if the rules are worth it. Like Pathfinder, I could get the rules for free, but I put down money for the book, because of the art, since I thought the rules were probably worth it (even though I'm still not a huge fan, it improved on many of the issues I had with 3.5). I'd prefer they take a look at some of the neat things that make the rules worth it, even if they talk a lot about the art.

Merc_Kilsek
2014-08-07, 07:34 PM
Oh, gosh, I wasn't trying to say I was bored; I just think it's funny and interesting and bizarre and a little sad. It's the future man. I ain't hatin'.

Fair enough.

The video was a bit dry now that I had time to watch the whole thing. I was hoping for a little more information towards the end. Boy was I wrong, big time.