PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Picking a character for next campaign

Secret Wizard
2014-08-07, 03:32 PM
Hey, all! I was preparing to choose a character for my next campaign and I'm pondering about a couple of options. We start off level 1, but I am sure we would play these characters quite a bit.

I am looking for a character that can hold its own from the start up to higher levels, to take it all the way.
Here are the choices that I like:

- Roughrider Fighter (small race), using Weapon Finesse and an (eventually agile) Elven Curved Blade to make the most of ridiculous Dexterity. My question about this character is the lack of a mount feature. Should I buy a Riding Dog early and then pump Handle Animal to tame a wild mount? Get the Nature Soul, Animaly Ally, Boon Companion feat line later on? Would this kind of character be good, thanks to high mobility and relatively invulnerable mount? (At level 9ish, you'd have around 40ish Ride and you can use Mounted Combat and Indomitable Mount to make your mount pass any and every check, plus you get a ton of rerolls as a Roughrider. Perhaps a good candidate for the Strong Comeback feat.)

- Lore Warden Fighter, specializing in Dirty Tricks (or Sundering, with all the issues it carries). Would a middling Int (say, 14) be enough to pass most Knowledge checks on enemies? Should I otherwise specialize in another combat maneuver? Would I be better off going with a Finesse build to be less mad - I was thinking a one level dip into Swordlord for DEX into damage (I don''t want to Dervish Dance, everyone and their mom is Dervish Dancing) and taking Bruising Intellect so I don't need CHA for Dazzling Display.

What are your two cents?

Secret Wizard
2014-08-07, 06:56 PM
Plox answer :smallbiggrin: