PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Multiclass Challenge

StoneCipher
2014-08-07, 03:41 PM
So I'm new around here, if you haven't noticed. I'd say I'm an intermediate player, able to optimize and powerbuild on a small scale. I've noticed some of you are really good at this stuff and seem to be catalogues of knowledge.

Now I want to see how good you really are.

Build me a level 20 build. 20 levels of build. Using only one level from any class. It could be a caster, healer, wheeler or dealer, I don't give two ships. If this is has been done before, I'd like to see that link. Tried searchin, didn't come up with nuttin'

Bonus points for reasonable flow. Feel free to ignore alignment and RP prerequisites (such as being in a guild, killing someone, owning a ship, etc.).

nedz
2014-08-07, 05:41 PM
It has been done, though the results were not very spectacular.

Dread_Head
2014-08-07, 06:17 PM
There's three main ways to do this.

Go for a sneak attack / skills focused character and take classes that progress one or both of these things.
Rogue 1 / Spellthief 1 / SA Fighter 1 / Psychic Rogue 1 / Cloistered Cleric 1 / Ninja 1 / Assassin 1 / Unseen Seer 1 etc.

Go for a full BAB build. Since many melee classes are front loaded this might work. Although this won't be much better or worse than any standard mundane build.
Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1 / Paladin 1 / Ranger 1 / Hellreaver 1 / Fist of the Forest 1 / Frost Rager 1 / Bear Warrior 1 / Warshaper 1 / Warblade 1 / Crusader 1 / Suel Archanamach 1 / Abjurant Champion 1 / Runescarred Beserker 1 / Knight of the Raven 1 / Ordained Chamipon 1 etc.

Take lots of prestige classes that advance caster level at first. This works best with a fast casting PrC such as Ur Priest.
Binder 1 / Incarnate 1 / Wizard 1 / Totemist 1 / Warblade 1 / Ur Priest 1 etc.

2014-08-07, 08:52 PM
Honestly, what would make this a bit easier would be making the maximum 2 levels per class/PrC. It doesn't need to be done, but enough classes get good stuff at 2nd level that it would greatly increase a build's overall capability.

StoneCipher
2014-08-07, 08:58 PM
Heh it was just a thought exercise. I wanted to see if anyone could build something worthwhile out of it. But since its already been done, I would like to see a two level/class build if anyone wants to try.