PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged Attachment Question

Chester
2014-08-07, 03:57 PM
Hello all!

I swear I read somewhere that a Warforged can attach a shield to its arm and still wield a two-handed weapon.

I don't recall in what context I read that.

Would someone kindly clarify that for me? Can I make a Warforged with both a shield and a greataxe?

Darrin
2014-08-07, 07:19 PM
Dwarven Buckler-Axe should work. If you don't use it as a weapon, no need for EWP.

torrasque666
2014-08-07, 09:22 PM
There is the Shield Arm found here: http://www.dragonarmyone.com/Home/index/fantasy-house-rules/character-creation2/coreraces/warforged/warforged-components

But..... i think its homebrewed.

captain fubar
2014-08-07, 10:12 PM
any shield (or other item for that matter) can be crafted as a warforged component this makes it very difficult to disarm you however if you want to benefit from this and 2 hand fighting you still need something like improved buckler defense or improved shield bash.

Chester
2014-08-08, 08:25 AM
Yeah, typo fixed in OP. I don't want to attack with a shield, I want to ATTACH / graft a shield AND wield a two-handed weapon.

I don't know if this clarification changes anything.

captain fubar
2014-08-08, 04:15 PM
if you don't want to use the shield as an attack that rules out the improved shield bash and only leaves improved buckler or having an extra arm.
magic of ebberon has an item called spare hand but you need to expend infusions to make it properly use a shield rather than just hold it.
unless sword and board is a important aspect of your character concept it would probably be better to just put the animated property on your shield. this enhancment can be found in the SRD.

war forged components still take up spots on the body just like normal items so with out a feat or item that gets around this issue you end up benefiting from either 2hand damage or your shield bonus and can switch between them each turn but wont get both, and this is assuming that your DM doesn't look at the arm bow or arm blade and use the precedent that such a component could cover your hand and prevent you from doing anything else with it until you drop the shield.