PDA

View Full Version : Combining feats....

Cowboy_ninja
2007-03-04, 11:28 PM
ok im not sure how to word the question so i'll givbe an example first.

combat expertise and intimidating strike, say i can subtract from my next attack and get a bonus on AC/intimidate respectively.

-am i allowed to subtract say -1 from my attack and get a +1 to AC and +1 to my intimidate or do i have to subtract 1 and designate it to what i want. (baisically can i get both in one shot?)

averagejoe
2007-03-04, 11:43 PM
No. Think of each one as a separate ability, that you need to subtract/add in a vaccum. Think superposition, you scientists out there. So you'd need -2 to attack to get +1 to both AC and intimidate.

Cowboy_ninja
2007-03-04, 11:45 PM
on a separate note

melee evasion: is there something im missing?:smallconfused: because it sounds like it sucks.....

averagejoe
2007-03-04, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure what that is. What book is it from?

Although, I can say that if it sucks it might not just be you.

Cowboy_ninja
2007-03-05, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure what that is. What book is it from?

Although, I can say that if it sucks it might not just be you.

its a feat in PHBII

Dhavaer
2007-03-05, 12:14 AM
IIRC, it's from PHB2 and allows you to make opposed attack rolls instead of using your armour class against melee attacks as an AoO. I could be wrong, though, I don't pay a lot of attention to combat feats.

averagejoe
2007-03-05, 12:28 AM
Ah, just looked it up. The main thing I could see it being useful for is at the higher levels, when the highest BAB attack of fighters and certain monsters rarely misses. That said, if you're the sort to take this feat, it would probably be better used making yourself more effective in combat. Even so, given apropriate challenges for your level, the best you can usually expect is a 50% chance of negating an attack from a significant melee threat. Plus dodge was never terribly good. I doubt if it's the worst feat out there, but there are certainly better ones that one could take.

cupkeyk
2007-03-05, 12:35 AM
Melee evasion is most useful against touchers like enemy wizards and clerics and certain monsters like rust monsters, since you can proactively increase your armor class to replace that lousy 10++ touch AC.