PDA

View Full Version : dont mind me just some warlock unvocations

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 05:01 PM
So the basic stuff. Some invocation depends on who your pact is with and what level you are.

You can use them unlimited but I won't tell you name or requirments just effects.

Add cha to eldritch blast.

Mage armor self at will

Levitate at will

Speak with animals at will

Proficency with deception abd persuasions

Compulsion once using a spell slot per long rest

hold monster at will against celstial fiend or elemental , can only be used against the same creature once per long rest

see in darkness magical and nonmagical, 120 feet

detect magic at will

eldritch blast 300 ft

read all writing

false life at will

see through another willing creatures sense at will until the end of the next turn comes with some drawbacks and advatages

cha mod damage while using pact weapon

disguise self at will

alter self at will

conjure elemental one using spell slot per long rest

slow using warlock spell slot once per long rest

silent image at will

become invisiable in dim light or darkness as long as you do nothing

cast jump at will

hit a creature with eldritch blast, they move back 10 ft

polymorph once per long rest

bestow curse once per long rest

bane once per long rest

attack with pack weapon twice insteadof once per attack action

arcane eye at will

telepathic chat with familer also can speak through them as long as on same plane

speak with the dead at will

True seeing always on for those within 30 feet of you and line of sight

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-07, 05:09 PM
Holy moly. I want to play a warlock even more now.

If you don't mind I'd like to ask a couple questions about the warlock. I heard the warlock could have a sort of super familiar. Is this true, and if so how exactly does that work?

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 05:11 PM
Holy moly. I want to play a warlock even more now.

If you don't mind I'd like to ask a couple questions about the warlock. I heard the warlock could have a sort of super familiar. Is this true, and if so how exactly does that work?

it is true, it is one of the pacts you chose, the class is unique in where you have 3 different paths on which pact you pick and then you have three different paths on what sub class you pick.

Also I updated the list.

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 05:13 PM
Spell list styles , for a warlock is very much a ... hmm...Controling greedy nature. Lots of stunning spells , just yourself protection spells, plenty of ritual options, and plenty of transportation methods.

The class is heavily , control, interaction , and movement based. No real raw damage spells but several negative status givers.

Lord Raziere
2014-08-07, 05:22 PM
told you. the Warlock is the subtle sneaky finesse type. and I like it. with this I could probably play a classic Fair Folk or something.

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 05:25 PM
If you look at 3.5 beguiler spell list, it is very much like that, but with some more utility spells at hand. of all the classes, I think monk and warlock are the most complex.

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-07, 05:26 PM
Spell list styles , for a warlock is very much a ... hmm...Controling greedy nature. Lots of stunning spells , just yourself protection spells, plenty of ritual options, and plenty of transportation methods.

The class is heavily , control, interaction , and movement based. No real raw damage spells but several negative status givers.

Does this mean the warlock has an altered sorc/wiz spell list, or an actual unique one?

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 05:31 PM
Fully unique one, with a list that goes up to level 9 slot spells, and a character graph that only goes to level 6 ;)

A small flavoring of level 9th warlock spells

Astral projection , foresight, imprisoment, powerword kill, true polymorph

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-07, 05:40 PM
Fully unique one, with a list that goes up to level 9 slot spells, and a character graph that only goes to level 6 ;)

A small flavoring of level 9th warlock spells

Astral projection , foresight, imprisoment, powerword kill, true polymorph

Level 9 spells with level 6 slots... My brain is trying to make sense of this, and failing badly.

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 06:14 PM
i know this part makes my job fun :D

Tholomyes
2014-08-07, 06:23 PM
Pretty good stuff. It seems like the warlock as a whole is pushing the envelope, in a good way, without (hopefully) being overpowered

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 06:26 PM
Nope lots and lot sof lower stuff, without easy access to higher level stuff. The way the magic system works, they sorta have to glass cannon to get off the higher level spells, leaving them without their lower level spells to use.

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-07, 06:28 PM
i know this part makes my job fun :D

I...I...I'm going to be up all night puzzling this out. You've robbed me of sleep.

Is it a class feature that allows you to choose one ninth level spell to cast once per day?

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 06:34 PM
hmmm ill throw you another different bone on how eldritch blast works...

IT is a cantrip so can be cast at will, and damage does not scale.

Instead you fire multiple beams at different targets you get more beams as you level up, each beam can have different targets , or you can hit the same one.

It does 1d10 force damage, and 120 range. The damage is no where comparable to 3.5 version and their doesn't seem to be invocations that really heavily modify it, with the addition of actual spells and different play mechanics though, it seems more a feature rather then a main strategy. to use it.

With this feature plus the one that pushes back 10ft, they may stack so if your high enough level you could push back someone as much as 30 or 40ft.

vasharanpaladin
2014-08-07, 07:25 PM
I...I...I'm going to be up all night puzzling this out. You've robbed me of sleep.

Is it a class feature that allows you to choose one ninth level spell to cast once per day?

There's a page leaked elsewhere with the progression table on it, warlocks get a feature called Mystic Arcanum that (I assume) does this, starting from spell level 6?

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-07, 07:28 PM
hmmm ill throw you another different bone on how eldritch blast works...

IT is a cantrip so can be cast at will, and damage does not scale.

Instead you fire multiple beams at different targets you get more beams as you level up, each beam can have different targets , or you can hit the same one.

It does 1d10 force damage, and 120 range. The damage is no where comparable to 3.5 version and their doesn't seem to be invocations that really heavily modify it, with the addition of actual spells and different play mechanics though, it seems more a feature rather then a main strategy. to use it.

With this feature plus the one that pushes back 10ft, they may stack so if your high enough level you could push back someone as much as 30 or 40ft.

That makes it sound like agonizing bolt will actually be a pretty big upgrade. Interesting...

Also I'm going to take the ambiguity towards my guess as confirmation. If only to reclaim my sleep.

CyberThread
2014-08-07, 07:34 PM
nope wrong, sorry.

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-07, 07:52 PM
nope wrong, sorry.

You hate the idea of me sleeping don't you?

CyberThread
2014-08-09, 12:30 AM
You hate the idea of me sleeping don't you?

how is that sleep

Chambers
2014-08-09, 06:25 PM

Warlocks get a feature at higher levels that lets them learn a single high level spell (6+) and cast it once per day. Away from my book at the moment but I recall that they get this ability 4 times.

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-10, 07:06 AM
Warlocks get a feature at higher levels that lets them learn a single high level spell (6+) and cast it once per day. Away from my book at the moment but I recall that they get this ability 4 times.

I thought that was what I said. That's at least what I meant.

Thanks for the information though. I had no way of knowing as I won't be getting 5e books until somewhere around Christmas.