PDA

View Full Version : Vital New Information About the PHB!

akaddk
2014-08-07, 10:19 PM
https://imgur.com/a/fCE53#0

Make sure you click the link each time you view the next image.

HylianKnight
2014-08-07, 10:28 PM
So does THAC0 gets its own little sidebar or something?

Vowtz
2014-08-07, 10:43 PM
So does THAC0 gets its own little sidebar or something?
I'll advise you to get a ring of invisibility, invisible creatures get -4 on AC, if you reach the minimum (-10), the Tarrasque will hit you only with a result of 5 or higher.

AuraTwilight
2014-08-08, 02:04 AM
Wow, THAC0? Okay, sure. Variant rule, I'm guessing.

TheOOB
2014-08-08, 02:08 AM
Wow, THAC0? Okay, sure. Variant rule, I'm guessing.

My guess is that it's a joke that was snuck in.

NeoPhoenix0
2014-08-08, 03:06 AM
I think people are missing something far more important. If this is the real index of the phb, then

WotC has finally learned how to make an index!!!

akaddk
2014-08-08, 03:11 AM
I think people are missing something far more important. If this is the real index of the phb, then

WotC has finally learned how to make an index!!!

https://imgur.com/a/W5BQl

Pretty sexy stuff. In fact, I'd even say it's a little bit on the NSFW side. Certainly turned me on.

NeoPhoenix0
2014-08-08, 03:22 AM
https://imgur.com/a/W5BQl

Pretty sexy stuff. In fact, I'd even say it's a little bit on the NSFW side. Certainly turned me on.

I have only ever dreamed of the day that i would be able to take a WotC book that i knew had something in it and be able to actually find the page by looking in the index rather than reading half the book.

Edit: seriously 3.5 was especially horribly horrible with it. They inconsistently had random sections in the index, sometimes not even pointing to moderately big sections but pointing out a side note.

(never read 3.0 books, and haven't read enough 4e books to comment properly)

da_chicken
2014-08-08, 09:30 AM
My guess is that it's a joke that was snuck in.

That, or it's for 1e/2e people who've been stuck under a rock since Clinton was President.

Dimcair
2014-08-08, 09:55 AM
So casters are now Human to get the extra feat so they can have warcaster AND the constitution throw proficiency^^. Unless you are planning to be invisible and buff others, which is kinda not a lot of fun all the times....

StabbityRabbit
2014-08-08, 09:55 AM
Am I the only one who's really liking the new guide to the planes? It's simple, easy to read, and conveys information well.

I really want this book now.

Merc_Kilsek
2014-08-08, 10:02 AM
That, or it's for 1e/2e people who've been stuck under a rock since Clinton was President.

I only get annoyed when I encounter people that uphold using Thac0 (older editions in general) like it is a badge of honor and/or lord it over (mostly mock) new players or those of us that converted over. Really pisses me off when I see at the gaming shops I visit where they are being asses to other players that are playing different rpgs or newer versions of D&D.

I don't care myself. Whatever get people into enjoying this hobby is great stuff. Why does edition or system matter. At. All. :smallfurious: /rant over (incase it is not clear, it is not towards anyone here or da_chicken)

da_chicken
2014-08-08, 11:11 AM
I only get annoyed when I encounter people that uphold using Thac0 (older editions in general) like it is a badge of honor and/or lord it over (mostly mock) new players or those of us that converted over. Really pisses me off when I see at the gaming shops I visit where they are being asses to other players that are playing different rpgs or newer versions of D&D.

I don't care myself. Whatever get people into enjoying this hobby is great stuff. Why does edition or system matter. At. All. :smallfurious: /rant over (incase it is not clear, it is not towards anyone here or da_chicken)

To clarify myself, I didn't mean to attack people who still play 1e/2e, merely that I think someone would have to be out of the game completely for the past 15 years to not know about 3e's changes. The THAC0 change was one of the most notable changes. (I know you're not ranting at me, I just also wish to eliminate miscommunication.)