PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pimp My Airship

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-08-08, 12:20 AM
Alright so In the next few sessions or so the party I am in will finally have enough money to buy a colossal airship. Now as exciting as this is,we know that the DM will challenge us to make a good use of it and improve it so it wont go down in flames (or who knows what else). My party is still discussing how to go about said improvements. Aside from just enchanting the whole behemoth to do things like turning invisible on command, summoning a horde of flying creatures, or even plane shifting itself and everyone on board, what creative things can you guys come up with to "Pimp My Airship" so to speak?

Hazrond
2014-08-08, 12:27 AM
Alright so In the next few sessions or so the party I am in will finally have enough money to buy a colossal airship. Now as exciting as this is,we know that the DM will challenge us to make a good use of it and improve it so it wont go down in flames (or who knows what else). My party is still discussing how to go about said improvements. Aside from just enchanting the whole behemoth to do things like turning invisible on command, summoning a horde of flying creatures, or even plane shifting itself and everyone on board, what creative things can you guys come up with to "Pimp My Airship" so to speak?

Build a wondrous architecture (stronghold builders guide) of the spells Teleport Through Time, Teleport, and Plane Shift, your airship can now travel anywhere and anywhen :smallamused:

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-08-08, 12:52 AM
Build a wondrous architecture (stronghold builders guide) of the spells Teleport Through Time, Teleport, and Plane Shift, your airship can now travel anywhere and anywhen :smallamused:
A stronghold on an airship? Genius.

Hazrond
2014-08-08, 12:58 AM
A stronghold on an airship? Genius.

While your at it you could also make a wondrous architecture of Create Food and Water, now you are able to survive for indefinite lengths of time without needing to restock, all you need now is a way to protect the ship from elemental damage and then add some weapons

Edit: did you guys know that woundrous architecture is usually about half the price of a woundrous item that can do the same thing, the only tradeoff is it isnt easy to carry around but when you have an airship that should not be a problem :smallamused:

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-08, 01:02 AM
While your at it you could also make a wondrous architecture of Create Food and Water, now you are able to survive for indefinite lengths of time without needing to restock, all you need now is a way to protect the ship from elemental damage and then add some weapons

Everful Larders and a Decanter of Endless Water is basically that already if you don't want custom items.

Also look into Runic Circles those might work on an airship not sure if they need to be routed into the ground or not (They are in races of the stone).

And finally also in stronghold builder's guide. Get your walls to be enchanted with a prismatic wall effect if you have the money. It is ludicrously expensive but that will get your ship some serious protection.

Hazrond
2014-08-08, 01:08 AM
You know, i kinda wanna do a contest now where a base airship is given to the contestants and they have to optimize it with a set budget, im sure all kinds of shenanigans could come from that :smalltongue:

Silva Stormrage
2014-08-08, 01:09 AM
You know, i kinda wanna do a contest now where a base airship is given to the contestants and they have to optimize it with a set budget, im sure all kinds of shenanigans could come from that :smalltongue:

Look up the "Cube" build from the old test of spite matches. Its going to be the most optimized one, I don't think the full build was ever posted though.

Hazrond
2014-08-08, 01:11 AM
Look up the "Cube" build from the old test of spite matches. Its going to be the most optimized one, I don't think the full build was ever posted though.

i may have misspoke, its not to be most optimized but to be the most useful/fun/unique overall, could be fun to see what people could come up with :smallsmile:

Red Fel
2014-08-08, 10:18 AM
Sometimes, the best way to optimize an object isn't to tweak the object to fit your character, but the other way around. If you're able to use Eberron material, may I suggest looking into the Windwright Captain PrC from the Explorer's Handbook? Five-level PrC, lets you Rebuke Elementals, advances spellcasting, and - here's the big one - gives you telepathic control over your ship, even when you're not on it.