PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with Inquisitor of Gorum

Excrucior
2014-08-08, 05:04 AM
Hey there, Pathfinders!

My group is about to start a homemade PF campaign, in which i'll be playing an Inquisitor. Just for reference, rest of the group will be composed of a Rogue, Alchemist, Wizard, and sometimes a Barbarian. Only Core and APG material allowed.

Rogue will most likely do a good work, in and out of combat, lots of flanking etc..

Wizard likes to blast stuff, but this time he's playing a Transmuter with an eye on Conjuration, so we can expect decent buffs/control

Alchemist will probably focus on bombing, and then some melee. Will probably need a good amount of time to get accustomed to PF and his class (he's more the fighter or paladin type
)
Barbarian afaik is built quite tanky, she wants her to somewhat resemble Zaraki Kempachi or Ikkaku from Bleach if you know about it. You keep hitting him, but he doesn't fall, and instead he laughs in your face. But she'll probably play sporadically, so i0m inclined to leave her out of the general party equation

As for me, i decided for an Inquisitor of Gorum, Destruction domain with Rage subdomain. I really like the RP possibilities, and it's perfect for my build.
I decided to go for an Attack of Opportunity - Trip approach (always wanted to try it in 3.5, never had the chance) with a Guisarme, and a Greatsword as a backup

I narrowed my build down to two options:

1 - More balanced, a bit more resilient, less skill points, a bit better at social skills

15 points buy, human - 14/12/14/8/14(16)/10, first point on DEX rest on STR, Armor Expert - Veteran of Battle
- Toughness, Guisarme Proficinecy
- Weapon Focus (Guisarme)
- Combat Reflexes
- Dazzling Display
- Power Attack
- Furious Focus

2 - More focused on trip, less hp, more skill points and better knowledge checks, less effective on socials

15 points buy, human - 14/12/12/13/14(16)/8, first point on DEX rest on STR, Armor Expert - Veteran of Battle
- Toughness, Guisarme Proficinecy
- Combat Expertise
- Improved Trip
- Combat Reflexes
- Power Attack
- Greater Trip

What do you think? I'm really torn on those two options. On one end i'd like to be as resilient as possible, on the other i fear my tactic and playstyle won't be as effective as i want it to be without specializing...

Any thought will be greatly appreciated! =)