PDA

View Full Version : Aventi, are they human for bonus feat and skills?

Hiro Quester
2014-08-08, 09:39 AM
I'm considering playing an aventi druid for our upcoming campaign (core plus stormwrack).

Aventi (stormwrack) are listed as humans with the aquatic subtype. They breathe underwater, cast water spells at +1 CL, and have a 30 swim speed.

The rule in stormwrack says:

Human Blood: For all effects related to race, an aventi is considered a human. Aventi are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect humans as humans are, and they can use magic items that are only usableby humans.

Does "all effects related to race" also apply to the bonus feat and skill point?

Of course I'd like it to, but wanted an interpretTionbesides mine before running this by DM.

Jeraa
2014-08-08, 09:42 AM
No, they do not get the bonus skills and feat.

bjoern
2014-08-08, 09:43 AM
When you take a human variant you take the new race bonuses instead of the default ones (bonus feat and skill points)

Fax Celestis
2014-08-08, 09:45 AM
No. What that line means is that for feats and prestige classes (like a bunch found in Races of Destiny) that have a human racial requirement, aventi count.

Jeraa
2014-08-08, 11:38 AM
No. What that line means is that for feats and prestige classes (like a bunch found in Races of Destiny) that have a human racial requirement, aventi count.

Or for things like Bane weapons. Aventi are vulnerable to both Aventi Bane and Human Bane weapons.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-08, 11:49 AM
Or for things like Bane weapons. Aventi are vulnerable to both Aventi Bane and Human Bane weapons.

Incorrect. Aventi isn't a subtype, so there's no such thing as an aventi-bane weapon, just like there are no bugbear-bane weapons (they're instead goblin-bane weapons and affect creatures of the Goblinoid subtype). They are Humanoid (Human, Aquatic).

Hiro Quester
2014-08-08, 02:31 PM
I suspected that's how it would be. Thanks for clarifying, everyone.