PDA

View Full Version : So I wanna play a swiftblade

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 09:55 AM
And was going to get in through cleric with Time domain (I was going to use spontaneous divine to get more castings of Haste). Then I notice Swiftblade only progresses arcane. Is there a way to get it to notice cleric casting? I might still lose Arcane Reflexes, but that is worth Divine Power, plus the much better chassis cleric offers over wizard/sorcerer.

Edit: Would Southern Magician work in this instance?

Fax Celestis
2014-08-08, 10:14 AM
Well, this probably is outside the realm of possibility, but the d20r cleric (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?124934-d20r-Class-The-Cleric-(v1-1)) of the Magic domain gets the ability to qualify his divine casting as arcane at 13th level.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 10:33 AM
Also a bit too high a level. It is a cool concept though.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-08, 10:50 AM
Failing that, there's Alternative Source Spell from Dragon #325:

You can prepare any of your spells as either divine or arcane.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast both divine and arcane spells.
Benefit: You can choose to prepare any of your divine spells as arcane spells or any of your arcane spells as divine spells. An alternative-sourced spell uses up a spell slot from the class that normally grants the spell. Such a spell is prepared normally. An alternative-sourced spell is cast as if your caster level were 1 level lower. For example, a 1st-level cleric/6th-level wizard casts a divine fireball as a 5th-level wizard.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 10:57 AM
That sounds good. And useable mote often then Southern Magician. Hopefully it will work.