PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Survival Game - Tribe management thread

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-08, 12:17 PM
The map of your cave is here (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/14PiZSp9g3meYnVWa5EMTnBgwgmDNkcqIBQvjY_qgURg/edit?usp=sharing) it has claw marks on the walls and a few bones in a corner, but this cave looks like nothing lived in it recently. This (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/137czszN6Y4bgNdhzrsHQ48EwEUNUbnNUHNo8NfdmlGg/edit?usp=sharing) is the outside.

Surgate
2014-08-08, 01:43 PM
Knag felt a pang of homesickness as soon as their path collapsed, and yet the feeling was quickly overshadowed by a sense of curiosity and an opportunity never presented before whilst under the commands of the big tribe. Knag knew Knag best, and now if he could successfully work with his fellow goblins, he would have everything and more Knag ever desired.

The red-clad and eyed goblin studied the cave, and then walked towards the cave entrance/exit, hoping to gleam at least a little of the world waiting for them beyond. Spying trees and the potential for easy nearby food, he looked over his shoulder and grumbled, "Knag know no going back. We make new home! Better than last! Knag know, Knag will help!

The little rogue paused before adding, "Must keep the munchies and thirsties away first, then find better new home."

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-08, 02:19 PM
The goblins NPCs start walking around the cave shoving others eating some dry meat and deficating on the ground lacking a better place to go.

1337Noooob
2014-08-08, 02:38 PM
Behind Knag, a tall and almost... regal... Goblin trailed, apparently studying a tome. Flurk had stolen the Spellbook from a wandering Mage and was instantly engrossed by its contents. Using a surprisingly sharp mind, he had followed a very rare course, especially for Goblins. Flurk had tried to move the rocks that had collapsed behind them using his magic, but such a large cave-in would require lots of focus from even the mightiest of wizards. And Flurk was a self-taught Goblin.

Ever since Flurk had started his study of magic, he had held himself higher than the others in his tribe. He was confident that he could undo the landslide, and that all he needed to do was think harder. Thus, after half an hour of failed magic, and quite a few bored Goblins, Flurk was finally convinced to just give up and start a new life. He was missing his pouch of spell components, and he might as well try to find new things to power his magic.

"We need find things to live more. Agree with Knag. Must make base. Then search we for tasties be next!"

Flurk sits down, in a moderately secluded corner of the cave, continuing to study his magic.

Yael
2014-08-08, 03:28 PM
Ztos, after finishing a piece of dry meat in his mouth, gets close to Knag, not looking at him but the collapsed mine.

We need new home, yes. - Ztos turns back to Flurk, then stares to the rest of the crowd of goblins, but still talkes to Knag. - We also need more food, we have not that much, we a lot. - Says Ztos. After a while, Ztos starts to watch Flurk studying, and when seeing its mod, finally says:

Come on, Flurk, don't think hard, don't give up.

Surgate
2014-08-08, 04:10 PM
Knag's lips curved upward into an inspired grin, and he addressed Ztos, Fluk, and any goblin willing to listen all at once, pointing towards the outside world."We no stay here long long, we need real home! Firsties Knag want good climbers to check trees! Stock to keep munchies away!

*Check trees outside for extra food to stockpile[roll0] (+1 from Charisma mod)

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-08, 05:55 PM
8 of the NPC goblins and any players that want to help nod their heads or screech then scamper out of the cave and down the hill of loose rocks. One or two moving to fast tumble out of control and hit a tree, but they all get up and continue after complaining for a few minutes. Bird eggs are found and will provide a small amount of food and they will reveal more of the surrounding area depending on how long the search continues.

Players going up or down the hill make a dexterity check DC 10 or take 1 damage.

Ajacks
2014-08-08, 05:57 PM
Overjoyed at the sight of the bones in the cave, Squig bounds toward them with endless excitement. Tossing them over his shoulder in an almost frenzied state, he begins to get disheartened when he is unable to find any skulls. He thinks about looking a little harder, then dismisses the notion with a sigh and follows the rest of the goblins outside of the cave.

After listening to the general consensus that seems to be find a new home, Squig is not sure he agrees but obliges the idea. "Squig think first we look around, see what here. If there animals to hunt and hoo-mans not far away to smash, methinks we stay here for a while. We got da pickaxes, could start new mine too." Not terribly enthusiastic about eating fruits and veggies, Squig still tries clamor up the trees and see if there is something edible.

Climb check
[roll0]

1337Noooob
2014-08-08, 06:24 PM
Me say wes should goes stabby on ani-moles. Meaty munchies be better than tree munchies

I'm in a hurry, but command check: Command goblins to hunt with spears. Command score is +1 (2+1)/2

Wait do you roll a command check?

1337Noooob
2014-08-08, 06:41 PM
Command Check
[roll0]
Assuming at least 4 other Goblins follow my lead, I go down the hill and:
[roll1]

I don't think the dice roller worked properly for me. Help.

EDIT: Never mind, just doesn't appear on mobile.

Surgate
2014-08-08, 07:13 PM
Knag screeches happily and follows after the goblins down the hill, attempting to be more graceful about it than his kin.

[roll0]

And successfully makes it down without tripping or making a fool of himself. He helps gather the eggs and further search the area with his gathered 8 goblins to get a better idea of their surroundings.

dextercorvia
2014-08-08, 08:33 PM
Tlok

"Alright, while the rest are out gettin' grub, we need to take care of some things here. You two!" Tlok points at two goblins taking dumps in the middle of the floor. "Dig a crap trench in the back near the cave in. We might be here a while, and I don't want to eat yer crap. The rest of you lot grab a pick, we're gonna start a new tunnel. This 'un is too close to topside. Tlok leads a few over to the chamber just north of the collapse, and sets them to work.

[roll0]

1337Noooob
2014-08-08, 08:57 PM
Well, I got a Natural 19 plus 1 so I'm assuming my command check succeeded to at least a small degree.

Flurk hurries down the hill, eager to practice his magic on some animals, but trips halfway down in his haste and gets a few cuts.

Pelor
2014-08-08, 09:42 PM
Mwugg the Maker

Mwugg looks around and decides to try and claim the small little alcove in the eastern part of the cave for his workshop. "Mwugg think he use this place make bows so warriors hunt ani-mules."

Mwugg begins looking through supplies to see what is needed to make a shortbow and arrows. He will then tell others in the tribe to go scavenge for the things they do not have.

Craft: Bowmaking [roll0] to determine what items will be needed to create shortbows and and arrows.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-09, 12:12 AM
Tlok

"Alright, while the rest are out gettin' grub, we need to take care of some things here. You two!" Tlok points at two goblins taking dumps in the middle of the floor. "Dig a crap trench in the back near the cave in. We might be here a while, and I don't want to eat yer crap. The rest of you lot grab a pick, we're gonna start a new tunnel. This 'un is too close to topside. Tlok leads a few over to the chamber just north of the collapse, and sets them to work.

[roll0]

There is not much of a response from those two who instead look around as if you were talking to someone else then wander off before you talk to them again.

Well, I got a Natural 19 plus 1 so I'm assuming my command check succeeded to at least a small degree.

Flurk hurries down the hill, eager to practice his magic on some animals, but trips halfway down in his haste and gets a few cuts.
17 goblins join eager to stab things.

Mwugg the Maker

Mwugg looks around and decides to try and claim the small little alcove in the eastern part of the cave for his workshop. "Mwugg think he use this place make bows so warriors hunt ani-mules."

Mwugg begins looking through supplies to see what is needed to make a shortbow and arrows. He will then tell others in the tribe to go scavenge for the things they do not have.

Craft: Bowmaking [roll0] to determine what items will be needed to create shortbows and and arrows.
Goblins wander in without any concern of your claim, but you think you could make a bone bow with the bones in the cave or a wood bow with the branches outside, but you need stringy innards or plants for a bowstring.

Yael
2014-08-09, 12:19 AM
Ztos, the Cunning. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=981418)

After 11 goblins went outside of the cave, and others started to mine, Ztos was thinking about what to do, and what he considered the best was to scout outside of the cave, farthest than the trees that stand at the foot of the hill. Finally, Ztos steps outside, and follows the goblinkin with his sight. When outside, Ztos stares back at the cave and shouts:

Hey! Someone come with me to explore far than trees. We make maps so we keep away the munchies! And maybe another good cave to home!

(Int+Wis/2) Applying the -1 from the homesickness.
Rerolled in the OoC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17908511&postcount=11)
As Ztos calls its goblin, he goes down the hill.
[roll0]
Either if hit the trees or not; he catches up with the rest of the goblins, and goes other way, moving at half its speed to go with care, and making spot checks as he walkes.
[roll1]

Surgate
2014-08-09, 04:04 AM
Knag encouraged his goblins to keep collecting eggs and explore around the trees, managing to somehow speak whilst devouring an egg he found. He started picking up fallen branches and sticks, anything that looked viable to fashion a shortbow, and then tried to spot particular plants perfect for bowstring, hopefully coming across feathers along with the eggs for making arrows.

[roll0]

1*If necessary components found, this is to make a personal shortbow
[roll1]
2*If necessary components found, this is to make arrows
[roll2]

1337Noooob
2014-08-09, 07:46 AM
"Get slicing, get stabbing! Get hunting, get throwing! No ani-mule escapes our sight! No hoo-man beats us in a fight!"

How poetic.

Survival Check to forage for food)

[roll0]

I guess I found enough Munchies for me and 3 others?

Pelor
2014-08-09, 08:08 AM
Mwugg the Maker

Mwugg grabs a handful of goblins and explains what kind of plants to go gather. He says if they get enough he will give them their very own bows too.

Mwugg also tells the hunters that if they give him the sinew and innards of their kills, he can make them bows as well.

Command: [roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-09, 04:37 PM

After 11 goblins went outside of the cave, and others started to mine, Ztos was thinking about what to do, and what he considered the best was to scout outside of the cave, farthest than the trees that stand at the foot of the hill. Finally, Ztos steps outside, and follows the goblinkin with his sight. When outside, Ztos stares back at the cave and shouts:

Hey! Someone come with me to explore far than trees. We make maps so we keep away the munchies! And maybe another good cave to home!

(Int+Wis/2) Applying the -1 from the homesickness.
Rerolled in the OoC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17908511&postcount=11)
As Ztos calls its goblin, he goes down the hill.
[roll0]
Either if hit the trees or not; he catches up with the rest of the goblins, and goes other way, moving at half its speed to go with care, and making spot checks as he walkes.
[roll1]
Despite your roll the goblins don't seem too interested in making a map sense they don't like writing, or mental tasks in general 1 goblin follows you.

Knag encouraged his goblins to keep collecting eggs and explore around the trees, managing to somehow speak whilst devouring an egg he found. He started picking up fallen branches and sticks, anything that looked viable to fashion a shortbow, and then tried to spot particular plants perfect for bowstring, hopefully coming across feathers along with the eggs for making arrows.

[roll0]

1*If necessary components found, this is to make a personal shortbow
[roll1]
2*If necessary components found, this is to make arrows
[roll2]
You can't find flax or a suitable replacement in the mountains so flax is needed , but you find enough of everything else to make a bow.

"Get slicing, get stabbing! Get hunting, get throwing! No ani-mule escapes our sight! No hoo-man beats us in a fight!"

How poetic.

Survival Check to forage for food)

[roll0]

I guess I found enough Munchies for me and 3 others?

The spear hunting proves to be challenging because the spears get stuck in the tree branches a lot when aiming a squires and birds. A deer is killed, but most dodge through the trees outrunning the goblins.

Mwugg the Maker

Mwugg grabs a handful of goblins and explains what kind of plants to go gather. He says if they get enough he will give them their very own bows too.

Mwugg also tells the hunters that if they give him the sinew and innards of their kills, he can make them bows as well.

Command: [roll0]
It normally would be, but the goblins don't like the offer at the moment.

Ajacks
2014-08-09, 04:44 PM
Growing restless, Squig grabs a spear and raises it over his head triumphantly, trying to rally his goblin comrades.

"Come gobbies! We go look for da stoopid hoo-mans and steal their shinies and yum-yums!!"

Command Check
[roll0]
+1 for STR, -1 for mood, even d20.

Surgate
2014-08-09, 05:01 PM
Knag is momentarily frustrated until he catches wind of the slain deer, and promptly congratulates his fellow goblins, offering a few eggs in return for a portion of the deer's stringy innards to fashion the string for his bow. "Good trade! Save innards more bows. Eggs for you and you and you! With the rest of his materials assembled, Knag sits beneath one of the trees and starts fashioning a proper shortbow, and some arrows to go along with it.

*To save deer innards for bowstring, hopefully at least enough to make my bow[roll]1d20+1 here's ooc link (ooc link roll)

dextercorvia
2014-08-09, 09:12 PM
Undaunted by the thickheadedness of his kin, Tlok begins to urinate on the squatting goblins. "Oh, Tlok thought this was the latrine since you were squatting here. Maybe you should dig one like Tlok said, then Tlok won't piss on you anymore."

[roll0]

1337Noooob
2014-08-10, 12:22 AM
How many Munchies is one Deer worth? And don't Survival checks work by getting a 10+, with every 2 above providing for another person?

"We find horn horse, is good for eat! Make sheet home and fire we will! Make tree poles and make good camp.

Command check to get Goblins to use branches from trees and the canvases and ropes we already have in order to set up tents
[roll0]

Yael
2014-08-10, 02:00 AM

I see no much interest from tribe. Come, friend, we shall help tribe with info of cave so we expand home! >:D

Ztos walks a bit, with his goblin companion. He moves his sight to the rest of the goblins, to assure kind of the distance he's covered, then he starts to see the surroundings.

Hmm... Have nothin' to rihte a map though. For now, we'll just walk ahead and if we find something, we will return to home and write it on a wall. Leave that to Ztos! We help tribe!

Intelligence check to keep everything Ztos sees as exact as possible to write it on cave later: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Pelor
2014-08-10, 04:46 AM
Seeing that it is going to take some help to make a bow, Mwugg gives up and goes to get a spear. He takes it and begins digging the hole trench for the latrine... only instead of digging it in the cave, he digs it outside, so he doesn't have to smell it while he is working inside.

Mwugg begins going off on a rant. "Mwugg want make weapons, bows, armor, and stuff, but stoopids no want help Mwugg, want Mwugg go get things need make stuff, then make stuff, then let stoopids use stuff Mwugg make. That make Mwugg stoopid. Make Mwugg mad. Mwugg not stoopid... Mwugg wait they bring stuff to Mwugg, then Mwugg make stuff."

Action: Mwugg starts digging latrine by himself until he is less frustrated, or people bring him items he needs to make things for them. He does not intend to make weapons for himself so much as everyone else.

Vhaidara
2014-08-10, 02:33 PM
Nibble grabs three halfspears and hops on a worg
Nibble go get munchies! Any gobbies wanna come with, grab spear and a worg!
He rides out to hunt.

Command check, max 3 more (he only wants riders): [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]
Ride (if needed): [roll2]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-10, 02:43 PM
Overworld map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1oqt8UKZLjVAGko86voqAyQTPBW7rB-0eYgF6yxAZSTY/edit?usp=sharing) of things spotted from the treetops.

dextercorvia
2014-08-10, 03:09 PM
Tlok the magnificent sulks in a corner for a few minutes, while others are rushing around. He gives up on the latrine, and the new mine shaft, for now. Tlok spots a few goblins still doing nothing, and approaches them with an offer. "Help Tlok make tools. It's easy work, safe in this cave. We eat what they bring back after staying safe here, doing easy work." He get's some iron ore hot on the fire, and shapes it with rocks, making the various tools of his trade.

Command check [roll0]

Casting Magecraft, Taking 10 on a craft blacksmith check to make a set of blacksmith tools. 10+4(ranks)+2(Int)+5(Magecraft)-2(Improvised Tools)+2 per goblin helper (Aid another DC 10, they have no Int penalty, so they can pass by taking 10 i.e. "Not working too hard").

The tools cost 5gp to make, and is probably DC 10 (typical item). So, I can add 10 to the DC if at least 1 goblin helps, and 20 to the DC if at least 6 goblins help. That would be 400-900 SP worth in a week, so a 5gp job should be done in significantly less than a day.

(Please don't whiff this command check!)

1337Noooob
2014-08-10, 07:01 PM
Flurk grows restless even after just a few short hours, and like a few others notices a campfire in the distance. Hands slightly sparking in Eldritch power, he grabs a Spear to rally the Goblins. Surely Goblins love to raid other communities, so raid we will. They may be lazy, but they love their bloodshed.

Flurk see fire, may be hoo-mans to squash! Take 20 with me, plus 2 wolfy, go see what there. We be stealth, go slow, forage we will

Anybody want to tag along? This camp might be a little hard to raid for 1 low-level Evoker and a bunch of Goblins with NPC class levels.

Command Check to order up to 20 Goblins and 2 Worgs to follow me on a mission to kill puny hoo-mans (I didn't include the homesickness into the roll: [roll0]
Survival Check to forage food along the way assuming I can get a fair amount of troops (10+) to follow me (Move at half speed, and DC 10 to sustain myself and I sustain another Goblin for every +2 above that): [roll1]
If Goblins will follow me, We'll also take 2 days worth of food and water for each Goblin, in case foraging doesn't work out too well.

Surgate
2014-08-10, 07:20 PM
Assuming Knag successfully makes his shortbow, which is safe to assume given my roll and materials, I'll tag along and ride one of the worgs

Knag's ears perked at the mention of a campfire and potential victims to steal from. He holsters his newly made bow and ammo for it and runs over to Flurk the ponderous goblin and grins mischievously. "Me best stealthy, Knag help, Knag also ride."

Gunhaven
2014-08-10, 07:23 PM
Scarl blinked away the confusion and looked up to see the sky. He scratched his belly and got up, seeing his fellow goblins already busy at work. He decided to walk for what seemed an eternity and was more along the lines of an hour toward the south before he climbed up a tree to get a better view.

Going to climb a tree further away to see if I can find baby animals/humans.

Grimtina
2014-08-10, 07:28 PM
Quabba has avoided interacting with the others for a while; in fact she had not even noticed anything was amiss. Unlike most goblin wizards, she wasn't self-taught, one of the bugbear biggies had taught her. Not a lot, but still! And now she had her very own spell book and was thinking of finding new spells and maybe making up her own - sure that must be possible? - and thus not paying much attention to anyone else.

Her ears perk up when she hears talk about humans and campfires. What had happened? She had only gotten along with the others to get away from nagging family, not to bother with anything resembling work, but humans? Campfires?

"Hey you waits for me," she yells out. "I come, I come. You will needs me."

Campfires, after all, might mean some human wizards who might have spellbooks which might be stolen to take spells from!

Vhaidara
2014-08-10, 08:28 PM
Nibble sees the large group heading out, and hears Flurk's "plan" of attack.
Nibble go to!
Nibble redirects his worg to follow Flurk's group.

Yael
2014-08-10, 08:53 PM
Ztos, the Cunning.

As Flurk calls for the gobli, Ztos hears and also shouts:

Yes! Fire! Munchies! Come along, friend! Let's help them! Spread Flurk's word to recruit 20 goblins. Grab a couple of spears and follow along me!

Ztos runs towards Flurk's group, when he reaches them, Ztos reaches Flurk's speed and interacts:

What's ze'plan? Ambush? We can scout and plan it. Ztos then thinks a bit about what he said, then looks at the Worgs and goes back to Flurk. Or let doges to eat'em, we only want their resources and munchies.

Commanding the goblin that followed me to follow IC's instructions.
Home sickness applied: [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-08-10, 09:11 PM
"Where to are we going, anyway? Is it far? Is it? Me not good for walking long way," Quabba states a well known fact.

Ajacks
2014-08-10, 10:10 PM
Eager to draw first blood Squig grabs a spear, hops on a worg, and joins Flurk. Rallying the troops to join the fight, Squig tries once more to draw more goblins to the raiding party.

"We see sign of the enemy! Goblin stab! Goblin kill! Goblin weapons! Their blood will spill!"

Command Check
[roll0] to lead more goblins into battle at the campfire spotted from the tree tops.
EDIT: Wowww. Nice.

1337Noooob
2014-08-10, 11:58 PM
So here's who we've got so far:
2 Wizards (Me and Grimtina)
1 Rogue (Surgate; By the way nice FMA Avatar. Can't believe it took me so long to realize it)
1 Factotum (UrashimaJamez)
1 Fighter (Ajacks)
1 Ranger (Keledrath)
Assuming we can get 14 other Goblins that probably have like Commoner or Warrior class levels, we can easily forage enough food to sustain us all (assuming that everyone has a +0 to Survival, half of us will succeed the forage check. Out of that half, 9/11 will sustain at least them and another Goblin, 7/11 will sustain at least 3 Goblins, 5/11 will sustain 4, 3/11 will sustain 5, and 1/11 will sustain 6. So each day our 20 Goblins are foraging enough food to feed approximately 30 Goblins a day. The NPC Goblins might have a Wisdom penalty and we have a Wisdom bonus so it's Give or Take a little but you get the point. We'll get there in about 4 days since we're moving at half speed, but that should be fine.

By the way, if I'm mentioning a character, I've highlighted it so you can know about any information pertaining you. I'll be highlighting the character's name or class, not the player, so watch out for that.

Flurk, hearing Quabba's concerns about walking long distances, tells her that it is a moderately long journey but we will be resting and that I can carry her for short amounts of time if she really had to stop.

Quabba, is just 4 days. Can manage. Have spell which carry you if you lazy, but Flurk rather reserve magic power. We take short rest so you be fine.

After assuring her, he turns to the rest of the Goblins:

Goblins listen! Here is plan. Travel few days to camp while forage for food. Once get there, Send Knag see how many. If is big number, we come back with more. If just few, we shoot hoo-man with bow or rock. Maybe send Wolfy Riders first to soft hoo-mans. Then stop shooting so Me Flurk with Quabba finish by burn. Squig and Wolfiescan smash skull too if want.

Basically, if there are more than 6 humans we may wait for reinforcements. If not, we'll surround them and then pick 'em off at range until they're weak, which at that point I and Quabba will finish them off with an AoE damage spell like Burning Hands or something. Squig will help protect us as Burning Hands is pretty close range and we do have like 6 Hit Points Each, maybe 10 if we really maxed out Con and got a Toad familiar.

If you'd like to modify or suggest a different plan that doesn't endanger the lives of me and another Wizard I'd be happy to hear it :smallbiggrin:, although this is probably the plan that will risk as few NPCs as possible. Maybe instead of me and Quabba finishing off with fire, our Factotum, Fighter, Ranger and Rogue can leap in with that sexy d10 and d8 hitdie (Or in the Rogue's case, a +3 Dexterity, +1 Size, and +2 Armor bonus to AC) to fight off the rest while Wizards cast things that don't risk hitting you like Magic Missile. I'm not too sure how to handle the clean-up. Oh yeah, Worg Riders might attack first, although that means we don't get the surprise of an entire horde.

Vhaidara
2014-08-11, 12:04 AM
I've got +9, so I am self sufficient. As far as cleanup, that's my job. I have track and a 40ft move speed. As well as a fantastic ride skill to track from the worg.

Nibble hunt hummies down!

1337Noooob
2014-08-11, 12:07 AM
I've got +9, so I am self sufficient. As far as cleanup, that's my job. I have track and a 40ft move speed. As well as a fantastic ride skill to track from the worg.

Nibble hunt hummies down!

By the way I edited my post slightly so you might want to read it again. Or I can just tell you that we might send it Worg Riders first.

Surgate
2014-08-11, 12:48 AM
Thanks Noob! :smallsmile:

Knag farted, giggled, and then patted one of the worgs before getting atop its back. "Knag like plan. Knag hide with worg, ride fast, fight good together."

Yael
2014-08-11, 01:07 AM
Ztos, the Cunning.

Ztos like plan too! Let's go for those hiu-mens!

1337Noooob
2014-08-11, 03:00 AM
Thanks Noob! :smallsmile:

:smallbiggrin:

Seeing the general approval of his plan, Flurk beams with pride. Knowing that he could gain great status in the tribe if the raid goes well,
he is making sure everything stays together.

Plan is good? Okay! Will go tomorrow, ready now so we can go fastly after wakey. Need energy, so if not go to raid then be guard so we fight gooder!

Will need 5 Canvas Sheet and Rope! Mwugg, how many bow and arrow have you? Need 18.
Also some Spear be good for guard. Will need 10.
Lastly is food might not find any on way. Need only 2 days should be good.

Tomorrow is big day! Sleep tight, don't let monsters bite!

I'll need 18 Bows to equip everyone but the Wizards, who actually happen to not have proficiency with that weapon. We'll need crossbows eventually.

Spears are mostly for our PCs that do a lot of front-line fighting like Squig and our Ranger, but they can be put to good use by the NPC Warriors. Keledrath the Ranger has 3 spears already so we just need 7 more.

Canvas and Food is just helpful in general to keep us alive and comfortable.

Also, Command Check to get some Goblins who aren't participating in the raid to guard us for the night. Taking shifts of course. I made the roll in the OoC. Result was an 19. I swear I'm going to roll poorly eventually and that will be like during a save-or-die situation.

We're leaving tomorrow! Any PCs want to join before you get left behind? Most of us are doing it, and if you don't follow us you'll probably be lonely. Although there is the issue of "who's going to order the Goblins around"...

Pelor
2014-08-11, 04:27 AM
Mwugg starts jumping up and down, huffing and puffing. "Mwugg asked help get things needed make bows... All ignore Mwugg, all have better things do... now wen Mwugg give up, start making potty hole, now everyone want Mwugg make bows. Go gets things Mwugg need then Mwugg work all night make many bows and arrows as can. Mwugg need innards, stringy plant parts, and wood or bone to make bows. Need sharp rocks, bones, feathers, wood make arrows. You go get, Mwugg make. Mwugg want go to kill Hoo-mans, Mwugg think be good at it... but no, Mwugg stay and make bows all night... Hmph!!!"

Grimtina
2014-08-11, 04:40 AM
"Mwugg you do good making bows. Need bows. Sometime it best to use pointy things to kill, not magics." Quabba nods. "Maybe I try ride warg to human place. Then no need to carry me. But last time I try, warg dropped me in thorned bush."

Pelor
2014-08-11, 04:43 AM
"Yes, yes, Mwugg make bows, but Mwugg no can start till Mwugg get innards and such."

Vhaidara
2014-08-11, 04:48 AM
Quabba ride behind Nibble! Nibble bring Mwugg hummie innards for bows!

Grimtina
2014-08-11, 05:02 AM
"Yes, we need bow stuff so bows can be made to kill humans! Don't sit on your lazy fart bags," Quabba shouts to the undecided goblins. "Go help Mwugg find stuff or I will make you into toads!"

Yael
2014-08-11, 05:53 AM
Ae don't need'ya to tell me what to do! However, I'll help.

Ztos starts looking for the stuff Mwugg need as they advance.

Search: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-11, 11:48 AM
Tlok the magnificent sulks in a corner for a few minutes, while others are rushing around. He gives up on the latrine, and the new mine shaft, for now. Tlok spots a few goblins still doing nothing, and approaches them with an offer. "Help Tlok make tools. It's easy work, safe in this cave. We eat what they bring back after staying safe here, doing easy work." He get's some iron ore hot on the fire, and shapes it with rocks, making the various tools of his trade.

Command check [roll0]

Casting Magecraft, Taking 10 on a craft blacksmith check to make a set of blacksmith tools. 10+4(ranks)+2(Int)+5(Magecraft)-2(Improvised Tools)+2 per goblin helper (Aid another DC 10, they have no Int penalty, so they can pass by taking 10 i.e. "Not working too hard").

The tools cost 5gp to make, and is probably DC 10 (typical item). So, I can add 10 to the DC if at least 1 goblin helps, and 20 to the DC if at least 6 goblins help. That would be 400-900 SP worth in a week, so a 5gp job should be done in significantly less than a day.

(Please don't whiff this command check!)
One helper joins you for the +2 assist, but nobody else wants to make things.

The raiding party grows to 16 people NPC's, but by the time everyone gets organized the first day ends, you can travel through the night or rest and try to get everyone ready quicker the next day (either way a food will be deducted and I will add a bit of food back for what was collected and will save peoples survival checks for when people actually start traveling)

Surgate
2014-08-11, 12:46 PM
Once all their raiding party assembled, Knag voiced his opinion concerning pace. "Need to move fast, not miss opportunity. Move through tonight, darkness our friend!"

Grimtina
2014-08-11, 12:51 PM
Quabba climbs up on the worg behind Nibble, looking all excited. "You good rider Nibble? I just hold tight."

Ajacks
2014-08-11, 12:55 PM
Squig nods in agreement with Knag's comment, ready to festoon the home cave with hoo-man guts.

And give some to Mwugg of course... :smalltongue:

ImperatorV
2014-08-11, 01:53 PM
After the cave-in, the main thing Azg noticed was a lot of goblins running around and yelling at each other, with little success. It was a little funny, in it's way. He was not really interested in any of it, and went outside to try to find himself a nice club.

Spot check to find a tree branch that could serve as a club: [roll0]

When Azg returned, the chaos had not decreased in any way, but the chaotic yelling was focused around one specific topic: this campfire, and killing hoomans. This was interesting. Azg was interested in not-goblin tribes, so, for the first time since the cave-in, he spoke.

Azg will go with raid group. Azg think we should capture some hoomans, to do work for us and tell us about tings that are around. Not kill all right away.

Not going to command check that last one, as he's just suggesting it now. I'll probably make a command somewhere along those lines once we get to the campfire.

Gunhaven
2014-08-11, 02:06 PM
Scarl looked down at the growing raiding party and back up at the sky as the sun set. Looking down at the goblins left he yells out "You You You! Get logs! Make cave bigger!" Sliding down from his perch up in the trees he shows what he means and pulls a dead log in between two nearby trees, forming a slight bump, before gathering more logs and twigs to build up the wall.

[roll0]
Attempting to join in on the guard watch by building a palisade.

Surgate
2014-08-11, 02:37 PM
Knag nodded back to Squig and whistled, attempting to get the raid party's attention. "Oki moki, listen sharp! Gobs guard home, we move through night. Keep us hidden, we still see good. Flurk wanna sleep. Knag say sleep later! And Azg, maybe we capture some for their knows...no not their nose, quit touching yours!"

*Rally npc goblins to move through the night instead of sleep, [roll0]
Let's say Squig and anyone else who wants to go tonight add their +2 to this lol

Ajacks
2014-08-11, 03:11 PM
Sensing Knag's natural ability as a leader, Squig silently pledges his loyalty to Knag... At least until Squig grows stronger... He gives a gentle double heel tap into his worg's side and places himself at Knag's right hand, hoping to aid Knag's cause with his public support.

OOC
Squig will assist Knag in all command checks pertaining to violence against non-goblins until further notice.

1337Noooob
2014-08-11, 03:37 PM
Hearing Knag trying to rally the troops so soon has worried Flurk. Gauging the approximate distance of the campfire, he finds that it should take 4 days to arrive at the camp, and that in order to travel that far the troops will need to be well-rested. Especially him, as he would have to rest and prepare better combat spells.

No Knag! Not go yet. Need more time. Mwugg has no made no bow, plan not work right without! If want smash Hoo-man, must first get good weapon. Also Flurk with Quabba must prepare spells for smashing! Also, if leave by day, we get by night, give us advantage. Me want kill Hoo-man more than any you, but me know we need time. Is only few hours, can wait.

If want raid, must collect innard and plant to make bow!

First of all, command check to get Goblins to collect as many animal innards sinews and plants and stuff.: [roll0]
Well, crap :smallmad: Anyone want to help using "Assist with a Check"?

Second of all, we need to wait. I don't have many combat spells prepared. I pretty much have just Floating Disks right now. Secondly, Mwugg hasn't made any bows yet because we haven't supplied him with the materials needed. If we are reduced to simple throwing rocks at the Humans our plan won't work as well. So help me collect some materials for Mwugg's bows. We don't need to get any wood, the Bones can work. Also collect some materials for arrows.

The trip is also 4 days long, so if we wait until morning we should arrive at the camp at night, where we will have the advantage (Darkvision and Stealth)

Grimtina
2014-08-11, 03:56 PM
"Me thinks he has right," Quabba admits.

Vhaidara
2014-08-11, 04:47 PM
Now that they aren't leaving until the next day, Nibble looks at the gobbo lady on his worg.
Quabba want hunt with Nibble?

Surgate
2014-08-11, 05:08 PM
Knag scoffed at Flurk, "We prepare on the way. Flurk got travel all mixed up, it take two days not four. Maybe four there and backsies, but not four there, unless you really slow in head and feet"

Then he looked over to his right hand, to Squig, nodding a thank you for his support.

He then indicated his own bow. "Me also make bow, we make more on way. Plenty of time, none to waste!

Dispute time! Let's see which way the goblins decide to go. Here's a link to the overhead map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1oqt8UKZLjVAGko86voqAyQTPBW7rB-0eYgF6yxAZSTY/edit

Says two days travel,not sure where you got the four from Noob

1337Noooob
2014-08-11, 07:05 PM
Knag scoffed at Flurk, "We prepare on the way. Flurk got travel all mixed up, it take two days not four. Maybe four there and backsies, but not four there, unless you really slow in head and feet"

Then he looked over to his right hand, to Squig, nodding a thank you for his support.

He then indicated his own bow. "Me also make bow, we make more on way. Plenty of time, none to waste!

Dispute time! Let's see which way the goblins decide to go. Here's a link to the overhead map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1oqt8UKZLjVAGko86voqAyQTPBW7rB-0eYgF6yxAZSTY/edit

Says two days travel,not sure where you got the four from Noob

May be 2 day, but will be long for we forage food too.
Need food to make trip. We bring food only emergency. May danger be on travel, will need weapons to defend self. And remember Knag we arrive at night if go tommorow. Go now mean arrive in day and they see us easy.

I got the 4 because you move at half speed while foraging. We'll still need to look for food while on the go. Taking 2 days of food from the tribe isn't enough, and any more would cripple them.

Surgate
2014-08-11, 07:30 PM
Knag picked his nose while Flurk spoke, flicking a nasty looking booger away before responding, "We no need too much food, already forage some for trip, we be fine. Wait too long, they maybies gone when we get there. Let majority decide."

Knag turned to the group as a whole, addressing them confidently. "Forage one day, move faster the next, we finds them in darkness, our bellies full, ready to fight! Well?

I don't think we have to forage both days for enough, considering what we've already gathered. Seems silly (more than usual goblin antics) to double the trip time. At this rate it'll be over a week before we get back to the cave.

1337Noooob
2014-08-11, 07:45 PM
Flurk stares long and hard at Knag, thinking... a hand goes to his chin, a puzzled expression on his face. After half a minute of thinking, he responds.

Flurk accept com-co-compromiste. Agree 4 day too long. Knag plan forage first day then eat supplies next two?
Will leave now, will make bow while rest, get to hoo-man camp to wait for night so we strike. If go, we chase.

Yeah. we'll leave tonight. Probably would be wiser to travel by night so no one gets too suspicious anyways. We can hide during day and sleep. But remember we need to collect bow materials. Should we bring Mwugg with us? An extra Goblin to craft bows and arrows will help. If we get to the human camp and they're still there, it'll be daytime, so we'll set up another camp and wait until night. If they start to move, we'll strike.

Surgate
2014-08-11, 07:57 PM
Knag's lips curved upward into an excited grin. "Com-co-compromiste good good! Forage first day, then move fast and eat supplies next." He looks around, hoping everyone else agreed.

Sounds good. On one hand having another crafter is useful, on the other, we wouldn't have a handigoblin at home. Ultimately up to Mwugg anyways.

Pelor
2014-08-11, 08:51 PM
Mwugg is undecided on which course of action to pursue. On the one hand, he would be useful to the group, crafting weapons on the way to the human camp, plus, he could use his assortment of spells to do some serious damage to the humans. On the other hand, if he stayed at camp, he could get some work done on the camp and possibly have more weapons ready when the group returned. "Mwugg not know what Mwugg should do... what yousies think?"

I'll leave it to the group to decide if I should go, I see the benefits of both and have no strong feelings either way.

Yael
2014-08-12, 02:02 AM
Ztos will help, anyhow.

Yeah, that's it.

Grimtina
2014-08-12, 05:49 AM
"Stay here make bows better methinks. Next time, we have enough bows, everyone can go!"

Pelor
2014-08-12, 06:16 AM
"Mwugg do that... Mwugg stay, make bows..."

Mwugg begins making Composite Longbows.

Take 10 with +6 mod for 16. Requires DC 15 so success. Will keep doing this for as long as possible while the group is gone.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-12, 10:08 AM
After the cave-in, the main thing Azg noticed was a lot of goblins running around and yelling at each other, with little success. It was a little funny, in it's way. He was not really interested in any of it, and went outside to try to find himself a nice club.

Spot check to find a tree branch that could serve as a club: [roll0]

When Azg returned, the chaos had not decreased in any way, but the chaotic yelling was focused around one specific topic: this campfire, and killing hoomans. This was interesting. Azg was interested in not-goblin tribes, so, for the first time since the cave-in, he spoke.

Azg will go with raid group. Azg think we should capture some hoomans, to do work for us and tell us about tings that are around. Not kill all right away.

Not going to command check that last one, as he's just suggesting it now. I'll probably make a command somewhere along those lines once we get to the campfire.
You find a club.

Knag nodded back to Squig and whistled, attempting to get the raid party's attention. "Oki moki, listen sharp! Gobs guard home, we move through night. Keep us hidden, we still see good. Flurk wanna sleep. Knag say sleep later! And Azg, maybe we capture some for their knows...no not their nose, quit touching yours!"

*Rally npc goblins to move through the night instead of sleep, [roll0]
Let's say Squig and anyone else who wants to go tonight add their +2 to this lol

The goblins are simultaneously to exhausted to walk, but to hyped to care that there exhausted so they follow and many more stumble down the rock pile then last time. The loose shale from the top slides to the bottom of the pile making is slightly harder to traverse the dex check is now DC 11.

1337Noooob
2014-08-12, 06:27 PM
Flurk carefully goes down the hill, remembering his fateful encounter with the tree last time he went down.

Flurk Knowses yousis tired, but go far and we rest! To smashing!

Take 10 on Dexterity Check: 12
If I can't take ten: [roll0]

Surgate
2014-08-12, 06:32 PM
Knag and his worg quickly followed, hopefully their combined grace enough to avoid any mishaps on the way down. Smashies, munchies, shinies!"

I'm curious if riding a worg helps with this at all. Dex check! [roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-12, 11:50 PM
You can take 10 if you inch your way down slowly and the worg succeeds in hie roll.

Pelor
2014-08-15, 03:12 PM
Mwugg twiddles his fingers, waiting for something, anything, to happen.

Grimtina
2014-08-15, 03:19 PM
Having taken the time to do some "private business" away from the others, Quaggsa now has lost her worg to ride on as others seem to move on too quick for her. "Rotten rats remains," she grumbles. "Now my poor legsies will tire." Very very carefully, she inches her way down on her behind - her logic being already down, she can't fall that much.

1337Noooob
2014-08-15, 10:27 PM
So, first forage check for the journey, I guess?

Okay. Flurk say go collect munchies for eats. Has food, yes, but eat later. Find biggest ani-mule gets eat ani-mule first!

Survival Forage Check: [roll0]
Command Check look for food: [roll1]

Well...

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-17, 03:10 AM
Survival and command check fail. Also I was waiting for everyone to make these, but did not express it, sorry.

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 06:55 AM
Walking around, Quabba is looking for food and tries to make the others do the same.
(1d20+2)[17] Forage
(1d20+2)[4] Command

My dice thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?366345-Grimtina-s-diceys)

ImperatorV
2014-08-17, 08:51 AM
Azg is one of the last ones down the slope. He isn't very good at climbing, and if he is going to fall he would prefer to do so when no one is looking. The next thing is finding food in the wilderness; that is something he can do.

[roll0] Dex check
[roll1] Survival
[roll2] Command

Gunhaven
2014-08-18, 08:49 AM
Scarl keeps on erecting his fence of dead logs and other refuse, humming along with any of the other goblins he had managed to previously convince to work with him.

Pelor
2014-08-18, 08:52 AM
Mwugg continues working on the weapons.

AsDeR
2014-08-18, 11:27 AM
Moon the Weird wakes up to the commotion of the worg party preparations. He yawns, licks his right foot and gets out of the cave mumbling barks and other animals sounds to his dog companion.
He goes past the raid party and rolls down the hill into the trees like a falling log. His dog, "Muddy" goes after him. His dog looks like a giant ball of fur and dirt, only the spot on his back were Moon rides him looks tamed, the rest of his fur is wild and nasty.
[roll0]

Once they are in the middle of nature, Moon sees a rotten berry on the ground. "Moon could eat some berriez." He hugs a tree, closes his eyes and start whispering to it.

I would like to cast Detect Animals or Plants (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectAnimalsOrPlants.htm) to find berries so I could cast Goodberry (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/goodberry.htm) on them.
In case I find some I will make 2d4 goodberries: [roll1] and immediatly eat one for the flavour :)

Once Moon feels he has nothing else to do for the day, he climbs on Muddy and rides him into a thorned bush. "Nice place to rest. Only needz soft floor."
Moon casts a spell for creating water in the ground. Three times. And pats the resulting mud with his feet. Muddy helps.
Once the mud has the desired texture, they sleep on it.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-18, 10:12 PM
Overall enough food is found by the players good survival checks to feed themselves and the other players with them and berries are found and imbued with healing nature magic, you can make checks for the next day or say what you want the rest of the goblins at home to do if you are not traveling.

1337Noooob
2014-08-26, 12:01 PM
Flurk wakes up mid-afternoon, long before the other Goblins have. Checking the entrance to their small alcove they took rest in, he notices the guard fell asleep. Not overly concerned about that, as most Goblins have little care about how well defended they are as long as they're alive, he prepares his spells for the day.

Level 0: Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Flare, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Burning Hands x2,

Get up! Get up! Day over! Is night, so go travel now!

Since Flurk agreed with Knag to eat the rations today, there's really no checks to be done. Unless we get random encounters :/

Tomorrow will be the last boring day in this campaign, unless no one posts (again).

Assuming no one has anything important to do (Day 2 was pretty pointless), Flurk wakes up, does the same routine as Day 2, and prepares to forage for the last day of travel.

Foraging on the 3rd (and last) day of travel: [roll0]
If we have to command the Goblins to forage for food (I don't think we would have to), here's the check: [roll1]
Later, we arrive outside the human camp.
I know I'm kinda rushing, but this has been getting kinda slow and I want to speed up to the exciting battle hoo-mans part so everyone gets interested again

Grimtina
2014-08-26, 02:34 PM
Quabba takes care to stay in the middle of the others this time around, and takes care to prepare her spells.

0-level: Touch of Fatigue x3, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st-level: Shiekd x3, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-28, 06:57 PM
The rest of the trip goes by uneventfully just make some spot and listen checks and we can move on to the main events.

Grimtina
2014-08-28, 07:08 PM
[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

1337Noooob
2014-08-28, 09:07 PM
Hey Grimtina, if you're going to post OoC, go to OoC.

As they pass through a dark patch of the forest, during a dark night, Flurk starts to get somewhat unnerved. His fear wasn't so much from how he couldn't see in the dark (As a Goblin, he could see perfectly well). However, he knew stupid hoo-mans would assume that they would find easy prey under the cover of dark.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-29, 06:05 PM
You hear distant voices speaking in goblin which you mistake as nearby quiet voices from your tribesfolk, but then in the clearing with campfire smoke you see other goblins. This is a separate tribe of greener skinned forest goblins unlike your grey skinned mountain goblin brothers. They appear to have elves roasting on the fire, and while many have not noticed you there are watchgoblins up in the trees that notice you around the same time you notice them and they are holding small repeating crossbows which they do not immediately aim at you.

1337Noooob
2014-08-29, 07:46 PM
You hear distant voices speaking in goblin which you mistake as nearby quiet voices from your tribesfolk, but then in the clearing with campfire smoke you see other goblins. This is a separate tribe of greener skinned forest goblins unlike your grey skinned mountain goblin brothers. They appear to have elves roasting on the fire, and while many have not noticed you there are watchgoblins up in the trees that notice you around the same time you notice them and they are holding small repeating crossbows which they do not immediately aim at you.

Flurk takes a quick count of how many Goblins he can see, and all the tactical spots. At first, like the rest of his tribe, he expected hoo-mans, which at best could be kept as slaves, or food (Human flesh is one of a Goblin's favourite foods, after Raw Dog and sauté Elf). However, Goblins provided new options. Flurk knew an alliance could be made, but Flurk knows best (Krangle used to be the best knower, but Flurk made sure to take care of that long ago), and Flurk knows that a confrontation with other Goblins could end in disaster.

How many Goblins are there, where are they positioned, and what are some tactical points on the field should the engagement turn to fighting? [roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2014-08-30, 03:15 AM
I won't make a map until I get day off work, but I can give a description.

A large clearing reveals a stream from the mountain which has been funneled through hollow logs to irrigate crops, nearby are huts made of branches with tree bark to shed the rain, and behind these houses are a row of huckle berry bushes. "Goblins turn green from eating leaves?" asks a member of your armed gang of goblins. The forest watchgoblins are a bit to far away to hear you yet if you talk at a normal voice, and one guard seems to be talking with the goblins in the clearing while another waits to speak when you come within speaking distance.

Gunhaven
2014-08-30, 11:01 AM
Scarl, having spent the last two days toiling away with what goblins stayed behind with nothing to do, surveyed their new wall around their cave. Satisfied as a goblin can be he moved to his next task: mating the worgs that were left. He didn't know much about how to do it but he figured it wasn't much different than goblin mating.

[roll0]