PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Whats the max hit point you can get on a Character

Enochi
2014-08-08, 02:06 PM
Basic a fun little brain teaser to see what the max hit point we can load on a character by level 20. Lets see what we can get.

Also temporary hitpoints don't count.

This is what I have to contribute so far

Human +2 in Con

1st: Fast Learner
Human: Toughness
Trait: Finding your kin
3: Tribal Scars

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't a Dragonborn Mongrelfolk's +6 to Con beat out toughness a level 2? Even fast learner fails to keep up in the end, especially if I burn 1 LA and call it a redeemed Lolthtouched Dragonborn Mongrelfolk and walk off with a +12 to con IIRC.

Inevitability
2014-08-08, 02:46 PM
Pun Pun has NI Constitution. Therefore, Pun Pun has NI Hit Points.

/thread

Giddonihah
2014-08-08, 02:57 PM
Really gonna need to specify no cheese, cause things like turning into a Yellow Mold (or whatever its name is)+ Infinitely repeating source of electric damage can get you very high HP totals.

Since you need it to be permanent.. just play an Awakened Yellow Mold.

Enochi
2014-08-08, 03:00 PM
....yeah no Pun Pun. Also templates that are not for PCs like Lolth touched I'm going to rule no on. Template for PCs like DragonBorn I will say yes too.

So the Comparison is Dragon Born mongrel folk vs Pathfinder human for race choice.

So. The Mongel folk nets a nice +6 con bonus to the Humans +2. Finding your kin can be applied to both as well as toughness and Fast leaner doesn't help as much unless paired with the Synthesist Summoner's edilon class feature and the Alternate favored class ability of summoners. So Dragon born Mongrel folk seem to be the best race choice atm.

With HP per Hit Die:
+1 Toughness
+3 Racial Con
+1 Favored Class
+1 Trait

Anyone think of anything Else?

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 03:16 PM
It has LA, which means players can use it. Your distinction seems... off. Honestly, a Lolth-touched, Half-minotaur, Dragonborn Mongrelfolk will gave you MASSIVE HP for a mere +2 LA. Throw in mineral warrior (which a spell creates) for another +4 to Con as well as some nice DR and enjoy. You will out HP 3rd level barbarians in some cases (I think).

sleepyphoenixx
2014-08-08, 03:24 PM
Be a Grey Elf with Faerie Mysteries Initiate for Int instead of Con to hp, preferebly a wizard or some other int dependant class.
Then let a Dread Necromancer with Corpsecrafter turn you into a Necropolitan in a Desecrate area with an altar for an additional +6hp/HD.

For simplicities sake lets assume 40 Int at level 20 (which is pretty easily attainable) for not only +21hp/HD but also lots of bonus spells, higher save DCs and more skill points.

toapat
2014-08-08, 03:34 PM
It has LA, which means players can use it. Your distinction seems... off. Honestly, a Lolth-touched, Half-minotaur, Dragonborn Mongrelfolk will gave you MASSIVE HP for a mere +2 LA. Throw in mineral warrior (which a spell creates) for another +4 to Con as well as some nice DR and enjoy. You will out HP 3rd level barbarians in some cases (I think).

whats the Con Mod on that for LA +3?

GutterFace
2014-08-08, 03:39 PM
Mongrel Folk Totemist with Totem Avatar (i believe) can have a ton of HP if you max CON in the stat array...

take Toughness a bunch of times as feats.

Mix in Barbarian and Totem Rager

success?

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 03:40 PM
whats the Con Mod on that for LA +3?

Mineral warrior is the least necessary. It is just fun at low levels. Lemme write this up:
Mongrelfolk: +4
Dragonborn: +2
Lolthtouched: +6
Mineral Warrior: +4
Half-Minotaur: +6
So +22, so averaging 32.5. I assume you will put something more than a 10-11 in there though.

Firechanter
2014-08-08, 03:52 PM
You should really specify the ruleset for threads like this. Apparently Pathfinder? With or without 3.5 upgrades?

And do we care only about the basic HP written on your sheet, or do we also count reserves through self-healing?

If self-healing is a thing, look at the PF Paladin with Fey Foundling and Greater Mercy. With an easily achievable Cha score like 22 you have a reserve of (11d6+22) x 16/day -> +968HP. Without any items.

Zombulian
2014-08-08, 04:33 PM
Has anyone said Incarnate yet? Because they can get stupid amounts of HP. Vitality Belt adds HP equal to your Meldshaper Level for each point of essentia you add. There's also the option of being a Chicken Infested Necrocarnate with the Heart of Incarnum feat. Get 1 temp essentia for every chicken you drain, and have bonus HP equal to the amount of essentia you have. Plus you can pair this with Vitality Belt anyway.

Malroth
2014-08-08, 04:45 PM
Venerable Half giant Primordial giant Grey elf Necropolotian wizard with Fey mysteries Initiate
LA1 +2500 Xp
D12 for HP due to undead
INT 18 from a SAD point buy
+2 Grey elf
+3 Venerable
+4 Primordial Giant
+5 Level
+5 Inherent
+6 Item

Total Int 44 =>+17 modifier
340 Lv 20 HP

If converted to a Necropolotian in a Desecrated area
380 HP
If converted to a Necropolotian in a Desecrated Area by a Dread Necromancer with Corpsecrafter
460 HP

ZamielVanWeber
2014-08-08, 04:47 PM
And I think Malroth may have just won. Because wizards really needed help. Thank you, you monster.

Owl Prowler
2014-08-08, 05:22 PM
The True Dilettante (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1160896) gets 504 feats at level 20. By spending all these bonus feats on Toughness, you get 1542 extra hit points. Just tack on whatever you want to that.

Malroth
2014-08-08, 05:31 PM
oh? embrace/shun the dark chaos is on the table? Then why not go venerable Dragonwrought Kobald instead of Elf on that build. Yes thats 15 fewer feats to shuffle, but you can take Epic toughness instead of standard toughness and gain 14670 HP.

Owl Prowler
2014-08-08, 05:36 PM
So now the question becomes what feat, when taken repeatedly, offers the most hit point gain.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-08, 05:38 PM
Use your Plant Wild Shape ability to take the form of a Shambling Mound (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shamblingMound.htm) with the spell Enhance Wild Shape so you gain its special qualities, including gaining +1d4 Con every time you would take electric damage. Get your Improved Familiar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#improvedFamiliar): Shocker Lizard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shockerLizard.htm) to deliver its Stunning Shock to you over and over and over. The Con bonus from Shambling Mound lasts an hour, so if it does that every round after one hour the first one would wear off, so you can have a rolling +600d4 Con (average +1500, for +750 HP per level). At level 20, this adds 15,000 hp.

Zombulian
2014-08-08, 05:43 PM
Use your Plant Wild Shape ability to take the form of a Shambling Mound (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shamblingMound.htm) with the spell Enhance Wild Shape so you gain its special qualities, including gaining +1d4 Con every time you would take electric damage. Get your Improved Familiar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#improvedFamiliar): Shocker Lizard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shockerLizard.htm) to deliver its Stunning Shock to you over and over and over. The Con bonus from Shambling Mound lasts an hour, so if it does that every round after one hour the first one would wear off, so you can have a rolling +600d4 Con (average +1500, for +750 HP per level). At level 20, this adds 15,000 hp.

Oh that's a neat one.

Edit: just remembered that the Wild Shape rules were changed so that the Con of the form you've taken doesn't effect your HP.

Gemini476
2014-08-08, 06:13 PM
Alright. Be an Old Desert Kobold Fighter 20 with 18 Con (or 15 post-aging) and the following feats:
1x Dragonwrought
6x Epic Toughness
11x Epic Toughness (Fighter bonus feat)

Get some +5 manuals and +6 items to end up at 31 Constitution when all is said and done.

HP=20*(10+10)+17*30=910hp

This assumes that epic fighter bonus feats are actually on the normal list of fighter bonus feats; if they aren't, you're better off grabbing a d12 HD class and lots of templates that won't stop you from being a Dragon. (Remember, you need to give at least +5 Con in a LA+0 template for it to be better than that last level of Fighter! It gives 50hp as-is. Even without Epic Toughness it gives 20hp.)

This also assumes that you roll the maximum value for all hit dice, since this is a theoretical exercise.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-08, 06:25 PM
Alright. Be an Old Desert Kobold Fighter 20 with 18 Con (or 15 post-aging) and the following feats:
1x Dragonwrought
6x Epic Toughness
11x Epic Toughness (Fighter bonus feat)

Get some +5 manuals and +6 items to end up at 31 Constitution when all is said and done.

HP=20*(10+10)+17*30=910hp

This assumes that epic fighter bonus feats are actually on the normal list of fighter bonus feats; if they aren't, you're better off grabbing a d12 HD class and lots of templates that won't stop you from being a Dragon. (Remember, you need to give at least +5 Con in a LA+0 template for it to be better than that last level of Fighter! It gives 50hp as-is. Even without Epic Toughness it gives 20hp.)

This also assumes that you roll the maximum value for all hit dice, since this is a theoretical exercise.

Dragonwrought Kobolds don't take aging penalties to their physical ability scores.

Make that a Druid 12/ Duskblade 5/ Fighter 2/ Psychic Warrior 1, with Obtain Familiar, Improved Familiar, Dragonwrought, and two flaws for Epic Toughness nine times.
18d8+2d10 HP, with a Fighter level at 1st if it matters. Con is 19 (Shambling Mound + Enhance Wild Shape) + 8 Enhancement (Bite of the Werebear) + 600d4 untyped (Shambling Mound electric damage every round)

Average rolls: Con 1527 (+758), HP 96.5 from base HD, +270 from Epic Toughness, +5 Vigor, +15160 from Con = 15,531 hp.
Maximum rolls: Con 2427 (+1208), HP 164 from base HD, +270 from Epic Toughness, +5 Vigor, +24160 from Con = 24,599 hp.

Zombulian
2014-08-08, 06:31 PM
Still dubious about the Shambling Mound thing, but I've gotta look up the Wild Shape rules.

Oddman80
2014-08-08, 07:52 PM
Ok, all this use of epic toughness is diverting from RAW. You may only select epic feats starting at level 21. And this is a 20 level build.

The shambling mound is terrific. He's not taking the Con score of his wild shape. He's using the extraordinary ability, which one can acquire through Master of Many Forms at character level 13.

Siosilvar
2014-08-08, 07:55 PM
Ok, all this use of epic toughness is diverting from RAW. You may only select epic feats starting at level 21. And this is a 20 level build.

Old dragons can take epic feats even without 21 HD or levels, and Dragonwrought makes a Kobold the dragon type.

dextercorvia
2014-08-08, 08:38 PM
Venerable Half giant Primordial giant Grey elf Necropolotian wizard with Fey mysteries Initiate

Half-giant isn't a template, how are you a half-giant and an elf?

Zombulian
2014-08-08, 08:42 PM
Half-giant isn't a template, how are you a half-giant and an elf?

I assumed he meant Half-Ogre. Though that does come with a penalty to Int.

Chronos
2014-08-08, 09:02 PM
Which Primordial Giant gives back.

Zombulian
2014-08-08, 09:04 PM
Which Primordial Giant gives back.

Yeah but the penalty didn't seem to have any place in the calculations.

torrasque666
2014-08-08, 09:40 PM
Old dragons can take epic feats even without 21 HD or levels, and Dragonwrought makes a Kobold the dragon type.

Is that for True Dragons, or ALL creatures of the dragon type? Because I don't recall seeing that anywhere on the Dragon type ability list.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-08, 10:14 PM
Is that for True Dragons, or ALL creatures of the dragon type? Because I don't recall seeing that anywhere on the Dragon type ability list.

It's in the Draconomicon, and it applies to anything with the dragon creature type that uses the twelve age categories. Nothing to do with being a 'true dragon' or not.

torrasque666
2014-08-08, 10:21 PM
Can I get a page citation on that quick? never mind, found it. Still though, Kobolds don't have 12 age catagories, even when dragonwraught. Unless there's a table that outlines it Damn, I need to actually read my books. Nevermind to my whole stuff.

Forrestfire
2014-08-08, 10:26 PM
It's for true dragons, which Dragonwrought kobolds are, arguably (as dragons with 12 age categories). That's a whole other can of worms, though. Swordsaged.

Draconomicon p. 66 is where it says "Dragons of at least Old age...", so yeah, doesn't even have to be a true dragon.

On-topic: Fusion + Astral Seed lets you continuously add HP. Start by fusing with a Protean Scourge to double your HP every time you repeat the trick. A wight + Psionic Restoration + Transference (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a)lets you get unlimited level-ups (at a rate of one level every three days or so), which would lead to unlimited hit points.

Darrin
2014-08-09, 04:36 PM
PlzBreakMyCampaign has a Necrocarnate build (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8770.msg140059#msg140059) that can get 129,600 bonus HP. I don't doubt that it works, but I can't tell exactly what he's doing. Something about harvesting souls.

toapat
2014-08-09, 04:55 PM
PlzBreakMyCampaign has a Necrocarnate build (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8770.msg140059#msg140059) that can get 129,600 bonus HP. I don't doubt that it works, but I can't tell exactly what he's doing. Something about harvesting souls.

its ignoring the Essentia investment cap

Thurbane
2014-08-09, 10:23 PM
Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Barbarian 20, Slow trait, 2 flaws, Toughness feat (x8), Improved Toughness feat...that's without crazy NI loop/polymorph shenanigans.

Tomes to boost Con, Amulet of Health +6.

Assuming 18 base con (24 with racial mods):

20d12+320hp

Zombulian
2014-08-10, 12:27 AM

its ignoring the Essentia investment cap

No it isn't. Heart of Incarnum gives you bonus health equal to the amount of essentia you just have. That's it. It's the trick I already brought up in this very thread.

Oddman80
2014-08-10, 12:42 AM
Assuming you aren't trying to pull off the "Dragonwraught Kobold gets Epic Feats at Level 1" Munchkinery, this is the best I could manage.

Con Score
Point Buy (18)
Lolth Touched (+6) +1LA
Dragonborn (+2)
Mongrelfolk (+4 Racial)
Mineral Warrior (+4) +1LA
Levels (+5)
Manual of Bodily Health (+5 Inherent)
Total Con Score = 44 (+17 Con Mod)

+20 Con Mod = (20 HP/level) x (20 levels) = 340 HP.

Take Character Trait "Slow". This grants +1 HP/level
With LA buyoff, take 20 levels of Fighter, with 2 Flaws. This gives you 9 Feats & 11 Fighter Bonus Feats.
Take Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty.
Take the Improved Toughness feat once at level 1, and the Toughness feat 18 times over 20 levels. Also, since the OP included it in his own build at the front of the thread, take Pathfinder's "Tribal Scars" feat once.

Vow of Poverty = +8 Constitution (+80 HP)
Slow = +20 HP
Improved Toughness = +20 HP
Toughness (x 18) = +54 HP
Tribal Scars= +6 HP

Assuming Max HP per Fighter Level, that would be 200+80+20+20+54+6+340 = 720 hit points

If you can argue that after giving 95% of your wealth to helping others in need, all you wish for for yourself, is a +6 Amulet of health.... Well that would give another 60 HP, bringing the total to 780 hit points

If your DM doesn't thing an evil creature (lolth-touched) can take a sacred vow or vice-versa, then you switch those feats out for more toughness, and definitely get the +6 amulet of health, bringing the total to a mere 700 hit points

But honestly, thinking of ways to have both can create some beautiful and rich back stories and role play opportunities. My favorite, would be a good PC who has devoted his life to the good cause of taking down Lolth, herself. To do so, he plans to infiltrate the ranks of Lolth's followers. He wants to prove himself of service to Lolth in the attempt to get close enough to her to slay her. In the course of said service, Lolth grants the PC her "touch", and just as/after she does so, the PC attacks her, in his attempt to fulfill his vow.

Inevitability
2014-08-10, 12:46 AM
Another way: be an undead druid with Unholy Toughness. Cast Aspect of the Wolf on yourself, then cast Awaken on yourself. Gain +1d3 Cha, which improves you HP. Rinse, repeat.

Oddman80
2014-08-10, 01:04 AM
No it isn't. Heart of Incarnum gives you bonus health equal to the amount of essentia you just have. That's it. It's the trick I already brought up in this very thread.
The trick requires never sleeping, eating, or doing anything else your entire life, other than killing chickens (an April fools day joke flaw) and harvesting their souls, which most DMs would rule they didn't even have to begin with... The 126,000 hp, is (1) bonus hp... (It starts disappearing the moment the character stops killing/soul harvesting) and (2) requires the PC to have somehow reached level 20, when all it has done all day/every day is kill chickens...

Forrestfire
2014-08-10, 10:53 AM
Another way: be an undead druid with Unholy Toughness. Cast Aspect of the Wolf on yourself, then cast Awaken on yourself. Gain +1d3 Cha, which improves you HP. Rinse, repeat.

You don't even need unholy toughness. Awaken gives you two magical beast hit dice.

The trick requires never sleeping, eating, or doing anything else your entire life, other than killing chickens (an April fools day joke flaw) and harvesting their souls, which most DMs would rule they didn't even have to begin with... The 126,000 hp, is (1) bonus hp... (It starts disappearing the moment the character stops killing/soul harvesting) and (2) requires the PC to have somehow reached level 20, when all it has done all day/every day is kill chickens...

You only lose 6hp per round you aren't killing chickens, so being a warforged walking around and killing chickens like this works fine. Conceivably, Travel Devotion combined with someone handing you Bone Talismans every minute would let you move around just fine. I'm actually liking the mental image... It's a horrible robot monstrosity powered by life force, that's kept moving by its handler supplying it with fuel every so often.

Gemini476
2014-08-10, 11:41 AM

You could also do it by killing the ravens summoned by a 3rd-level Binder binding Malphas, or by various other methods.

Also, the build mentioned being warforged/undead/immune to fatigue because of the sleep issue.

Also also, being able to Raise Dead/Trap the Soul/etc. animals kind of seems to imply that they have a soul? I certainly am not aware of anything that says that they don't.

Also^3, you only start killing chickens/ravens/doves once you have the class features to do so, at which point you have all of the HP. Killing chickens before you can pull off the trick is somewhat useless!

(And it's not meant to be used in an actual game, of course. TO builds rarely are.

Also, please do remember that Lolthtouched makes you Chaotic Evil and if you're Dragonborn that means that you stop being so as Bahamut flays your scales off of you!

toapat
2014-08-10, 11:46 AM
Trap the Soul

that spell doesnt trap the soul, it traps the entire body. Purify the Wicked is the spell that actually traps the soul.

Forrestfire
2014-08-10, 12:10 PM
Animals do have souls in D&D, though. They mostly go to the Beastlands, iirc.

Zombulian
2014-08-10, 01:44 PM
Animals do have souls in D&D, though. They mostly go to the Beastlands, iirc.

Yeah I think the main concept people are having a problem with is absurd amount of souls you are suddenly putting onto the material plane by being chicken infested, and therefore the chickens a chicken infested commoner creates obviously don't have souls.
Not saying that that makes sense at all. Just postulating.

Threadnaught
2014-08-10, 05:46 PM
I've got 700HP on a Wizard.

Venerable Gray Elf, Faerie Mysteries Initiate, Custom Bloodline(+1 Int), Necropolitan, Fell Energy Desecrate with Altar, Dread Necromancer 8, Enhanced Undead Variant Necromancer Specialist Wizard x, Improved Toughness.

That's +23HP per HD.

Oddman80
2014-08-10, 10:03 PM
:smallmad:
Yeah I think the main concept people are having a problem with is absurd amount of souls you are suddenly putting onto the material plane by being chicken infested, and therefore the chickens a chicken infested commoner creates obviously don't have souls.
Not saying that that makes sense at all. Just postulating.

Nah, its more a problem I have with some TO builds. Some TO relies on a generous reading of RAW, while others result in Ni bonuses to abilities... Almost all share the trait that if you ever try playing one, your DM will strike you down.

But the good ones at least can be played. If the cheese du jour requires a series of events to take place in a closed room and therefore the that character cannot actually participate in the world... Well to me that isn't TO, Because there is nothing optimal about that.

TO characters shouldn't be played because they are game breaking, not because they literally can not partake in any adventure because they are busy completing these endless loops of actions....

If someone took the time to come up with a realistic proposal. Maybe one chicken every ten minutes... Or if the soul harvesting was able to become a swift action... Something that allowed the character to take part in the world... Then you have a TO build...

I liked the shambling mound build, because it only required the familiar to dedicate its actions to serving the PC. The PC is free to do whatever he wants.

Vaz
2014-08-11, 05:15 AM
When creating Necropolitans, it specifies necromancy spells for corpsecrafter etc. There is no spell for Necropolitan, so you don't benefit from Corpsecrafter.

Desecrate does, however. As it is flat "raised or created", so things like Wights etc benefit from it.

KingAtomsk
2014-08-13, 02:18 PM
As a thought experiment, consider a Gray Elf with the Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat to get his Int instead of Con to hp. If the elf completes the entire 10-level progression of Walker in the Waste, he becomes a Dry Lich, changing all his hit die to d12s and getting Unholy Toughness, adding his Charisma bonus times his level to his hp. Shove in all the magic items to boost Int and Cha and that's a pretty good starting point.

Frostthehero
2014-08-13, 02:23 PM
Are we assuming core only? Do we use dragon? Do we assume maximum hit points every roll, or do we assume average? The point is, a template needs to be agreed on. A barbarian will almost certainly have more hit points then a wizard, and a half dragon even more so. We need clarification.

Jeff the Green
2014-08-13, 03:04 PM
Assuming you aren't trying to pull off the "Dragonwraught Kobold gets Epic Feats at Level 1" Munchkinery, this is the best I could manage.

Con Score
Point Buy (18)
Lolth Touched (+6) +1LA
Dragonborn (+2)
Mongrelfolk (+4 Racial)
Mineral Warrior (+4) +1LA
Levels (+5)
Manual of Bodily Health (+5 Inherent)
Total Con Score = 44 (+17 Con Mod)

+20 Con Mod = (20 HP/level) x (20 levels) = 340 HP.

Take Character Trait "Slow". This grants +1 HP/level
With LA buyoff, take 20 levels of Fighter, with 2 Flaws. This gives you 9 Feats & 11 Fighter Bonus Feats.
Take Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty.
Take the Improved Toughness feat once at level 1, and the Toughness feat 18 times over 20 levels. Also, since the OP included it in his own build at the front of the thread, take Pathfinder's "Tribal Scars" feat once.

Vow of Poverty = +8 Constitution (+80 HP)
Slow = +20 HP
Improved Toughness = +20 HP
Toughness (x 18) = +54 HP
Tribal Scars= +6 HP

Assuming Max HP per Fighter Level, that would be 200+80+20+20+54+6+340 = 720 hit points

If you can argue that after giving 95% of your wealth to helping others in need, all you wish for for yourself, is a +6 Amulet of health.... Well that would give another 60 HP, bringing the total to 780 hit points

If your DM doesn't thing an evil creature (lolth-touched) can take a sacred vow or vice-versa, then you switch those feats out for more toughness, and definitely get the +6 amulet of health, bringing the total to a mere 700 hit points

But honestly, thinking of ways to have both can create some beautiful and rich back stories and role play opportunities. My favorite, would be a good PC who has devoted his life to the good cause of taking down Lolth, herself. To do so, he plans to infiltrate the ranks of Lolth's followers. He wants to prove himself of service to Lolth in the attempt to get close enough to her to slay her. In the course of said service, Lolth grants the PC her "touch", and just as/after she does so, the PC attacks her, in his attempt to fulfill his vow.

Eh, I've done better.
Why not? You have to burn a feat, but so what?

A venerable magic-blooded unseelie fey half-fey necropolitan grey elf (Int +5, Cha +9 = Int 23 Cha 27, Int 24 Cha 30 with level-up bonuses) incarnate with FMI, Undead Meldshaper, Mind Over Body, Beauty's Bounty, Improved Toughness, Heart of Incarnum, the slow trait, and, hell, toughness six times gives you a flat (7 + 10 [Cha, undead] + 1 [IT] + 6 [VB] + 1 [slow]) * level + 7 [Int, MOB] + 13 [Cha and level-up + 26 [HoI] + 18 [Toughness] = 564 HP at level 20 (buy off the LA from half-fey). Add in the d6 hitdie and you get a mean of 636.5, ±47.5.

Each +2 to Int from items and tomes nets you an additional 21 HP, each +2 to Cha from items nets you 21, and each +1 Charisma from tomes nets you 1 + 21/2. So figure a +6 and +5 to both and you have an additional 215 HP. An Incarnum Focus item gives you another 20 for 235. So 871.5 average. Not [I]quite up to Tippy's/Kazyan's, but has the advantage of actually being HP and not costing all your PP. You can replace the five of the Toughnesses with Devil's Favor, Devil's Stamina, and the three other devil-touched feats available to you for a loss of 5 HP but a gain of some nifty abilities.

All that is ignoring the +100 HP you can get from corpsecrafter/DN/desecrate. And, of course, the NI HP you could get from necrocarnate + an anthill.

Edit:
I don't recommend actually playing this, as you'll have a normal Strength of 0 and Con of -2 unless your PB is above 32. Dex will be a little better at 8, and Wisdom a respectable 13. Also you need some type shenanigans to be both a half-fey and necropolitan. With some buy-off shenanigans you could manage grave-touched ghoul, though (i.e. buy off the LA of half-fey before becoming a grave-touched ghoul and then buy off the gtg LA).