PDA

View Full Version : Persona In The Playground-Secret Of The Velvet Door- Moving In

alchaos
2014-08-08, 02:22 PM
''Lousy school,relocating me for a ''social experiment''. ''

Alice was murmuring under her breath, while trying to push her chest up the stairs and failing miserably.

''Get one of these inferior to push,a lady of our stature is above such trivial task. If you would just get rid of white,i could offer you so much.''
''Black leave her alone,she's not a meany like you.You could go see inside if there's anyone to help you thought.''

Alice was getting a headache,a familiar situation since those ''persona'' awakened two week ago.

''Shut up,just shut up and let me push.''

Alice was almost shouting and looking like a total loon.And to add insult to injury she fell right back to the entrance with her chest crashing open,dropping books and clothes everywhere.

OCC

Grey is Alice talking
Orange is White Alice (persona)
Blood Red is Black Alice (persona)

Philemonite
2014-08-08, 02:34 PM
"Now that is just rude, a lady should not be allowed to carry her own luggage. At least not that much."

Out of nowhere a boy, probably only a year or two older then Alice, appeared in front of her, flashing a rather silly grin.

"Do you need some assistance little lady?"

alchaos
2014-08-08, 02:47 PM
Alice looked up from where she had fallen and turned red in embarassment.

''Say yes,you lowly life form.I'm embarassed to be your persona.''
''He's cute,say something.''

''Hi-i-i-i,ni-i-ice weather we're having.''

''Really,the weather?''

Alice got up and tried to put back her stuff in her chest.While blushing and looking like a rising sun.

''Thanks for the he-e-elp.''

''Stuttering,stuttering,i've got the strength and power to dominate all and i'm stuck in this embarassment of a host.''
''At least she can say more than WORSHIP ME,your blackiness.''

While Alice was picking her stuff up.She kept murmuring.

''Shut up,shut up,.....''

Philemonite
2014-08-08, 02:52 PM
"The name is Jarod." The boy said, trying to help the girl.
"I'm one of the instructors here, and you are lucky you run into me. You must be one of the new guys?"

alchaos
2014-08-08, 03:02 PM
''Ye-e-s,i transfered to this school a month ago and they told me to come live here yesterday.Louisy school, an expiriment am i?So-o-o-rry, i did n-ot meant fo-or you to he--ar that.You must think i'm strange.''

''Inner voice,inner voice,you know the capibility of looking sane to better control them,ring a bell?''
''Honesty is the best policy, you're gonna be just fine.''

Alice blushing intensified even more,she was starting to look like a tomato.She was also starting to pinch the top of her nose,looking like she had the start of a headache.

Philemonite
2014-08-08, 03:10 PM
"Is your persona giving you trouble? Don't worry about that, it happens to some people. You just need to remember one thing, you are in control. Now, we have one room cleared, so you can be the first one in. Or you can join other girls. Personally I advise you to go with the empty room. Privacy is hard to get here."

alchaos
2014-08-08, 03:19 PM
''You know about persona?Is there any way of shutting them up?One conviced she's empress of the universe and the other one is so sweet and saccharine,i get a toothache.They say they're the two side of the same coin.I forgot i'm Alice, Alice Lindell and my persona is, roll of the drum here please, Alice. ''

''Babbling our secret.That's one joker lost and giving him our name too.That just won't do. I'm not talking to you until you apologize.''
''Too saccharine and sweet am i?Hmmf,let's see how you do without me for a while.''

Alice seemed pleased to finally find someone who had some idea of what was going on.Maybe he could also explain those weird shadowy thingy.Later thought,getting Alice under control was a priority.

''Also i'll take the vacant room then.If you could help me finish putting my stuff back in my chest.''

OCC

I'm leaving in RL in 30m.Will continue this tomorrow.

Xhosant
2014-08-08, 04:59 PM
Soga was walking through the corridors, thinking about this and that regarding their mission. As his steps drew him close to the entrance, he noticed none other than Jarod, along with a younger girl, and a sizeable chest that may or may not had just contained a bomb. He'd been curious to chat with him for a while, and the person, who was apparently a new member, also piqued his interest.

"Greetings, Jarod! Hello there!", he offered to each of them in return, somewhat formally to the former and friendlier to the latter.

CGDG
2014-08-09, 01:27 AM
*knock* *knock* *knock*

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Callum busts though the front door, wearing Caltach sweats, a sizable mountineering backpack over his shoulders and a large trunk in his hands. He lightly taps the door closed with his feet before looking up to notice the other people in the room. With the recognition that he's not alone, his eyes drop the the floor and his face takes on a much meeker expression.

"Uhhh...hey. Namaste."

Peeking again at the other people in the room, he dumps his trunk on the floor, before inquiring,

"Are any of you in charge here? Do you know where I can put my stuff?"

alchaos
2014-08-09, 07:13 AM
Alice turned around to face the newcomer,hand full of books and one of her bra on top of them.

''Hi-i-i,i'm Alice a-a-and you a-aare?''

She started blushing again after seeing her bra hanging there.

Xhosant
2014-08-09, 07:48 AM
Noticing the awkwardness, Soga tried to avert his eyes a bit, hoping that would make things less awkward rather than more. The new figure entering the room, who may be carrying his backpack, or the other way around, gave him something to focus on.

Turning back to Alice, he gave a smile and one of his mock bows as he replied, "Name's Soga! And Celaverimus, depending on how you see it. Welcome aboard!"

CGDG
2014-08-09, 08:06 AM
After Alice and Soga introduce them selves, Callum follows suit.

"My names Callum. Enchanter/COLOR]."

He extends a hand before noticing that Alice's arms are all full. He makes brief eye-contact with her bra before shaes his head and gaze away.

"[COLOR="#006400"]Uhh...Do you need a hand? I could carry something for you...BOOKS! I mean books! I could carry books for you, or something heavy."

He knocks his trunk with his foots and gives an embarassed school-boy smile.

"Everything important is in the backpack. This is mostly books, cooking supplies and amateur smithing tools. Though, I think there's a towel in there too, which I don't remember packing."

alchaos
2014-08-09, 09:18 AM
''Tha-a-ankks, for the help. I-it is much a-appreciated.''

''So those are our future subject.Hmmf,they do not look like much for now.Well there's always need for cannonfodder.''
''So many of them.Let's have a tea party.''
''Typical white nonsense,a tea party without crumpets? That would be an insult to even those low-born peasant.''
''But if we had the Hatter.We could have a funny party everyday Blacky.''

Alice laughed a little seeing Soga so flustered.It was a small sound,but it was there.She finally finished putting her stuff back in her trunks.

Xhosant
2014-08-09, 09:47 AM
Soga cracked a slight smile, hearing the girl laugh. His jesterly manners finnaly paid off.

Making a mental note of the 'smithing tools' comment, and brushing aside some odd joke about where that towel was, he extended a hand to Callum.

"Nice to meet you as well!"

His eyes zip between the two a couple times, trying to figure whose the load to ease the most to distribute it the best. Eventually, he reached for the smaller trunk in Callum's hands, placing it on top of the bigger one, hoping for Jarod or him to lift it with them.

"The dorms are over this way", he noted as he gestured towards the stairs.

CGDG
2014-08-09, 10:25 AM
With a small smile to Alice and Soga, Callum places both his hands on the larger trunks handles. With a nod to Soga, he says:

"On three?"

Before the two proceed to lug their load about the dorm.

alchaos
2014-08-09, 10:37 AM
Once the boys dropped Alice trunks in her chamber,she thanked them profusely while her blush was finaly starting to recede.She started taking her stuff out putting books in pile, art stuff in a corner and clothes on the bed. She got maybe a quarter done before starting to skim a book a little,then she just forgot what she was doing, flopped down on her bed still full of clothes and started to read. The rest of the world forgotten for now.

Philemonite
2014-08-09, 10:43 AM
''You know about persona?Is there any way of shutting them up?One conviced she's empress of the universe and the other one is so sweet and saccharine,i get a toothache.They say they're the two side of the same coin.I forgot i'm Alice, Alice Lindell and my persona is, roll of the drum here please, Alice. ''

"A twin persona? That is very interesting. Control comes through practice, and you will have plenty of practice once you join our little club."

"Are any of you in charge here? Do you know where I can put my stuff?"

"I believe Soga's room is quite empty, and he probably wouldn't mind a roommate. As for the vacant room, just follow me and I'll open the door. You probably don't have your velvet card yet?"

alchaos
2014-08-09, 10:47 AM
''No-o,what is a velvet card?''

Alice seemed genuily curious,her eyes almost shining behind her glasses.

Xhosant
2014-08-09, 11:14 AM
"Our Swiss Army tool. Keycards, persona-summoning aids, tracking devices and a couple other small stuff. Handy little tools", Soga replied as he pulled his card out and showed it to the others.

Kioku
2014-08-09, 01:02 PM
A relatively tall black haired girl with violet eyes wanders up the steps to the dorm, balancing a cake on one arm. She wears a fairly basic ensemble of a medium grey t-shirt and knee length skirt, with black lace arm-warmers reaching up to her elbows and socks to her knees. The four shoulder bags that bump against her front and sides, combined with the backpack she wears indicate that she's here to move in, albeit with fewer possessions than may be expected.
"Hello?" she calls into the building just as she finally gets the door open far enough to slip in without bumping or losing anything. "I hope this is the right place..." she whispers to herself as she kicks off her shoes and starts looking for a table.

CGDG
2014-08-09, 09:04 PM
I'm assuming Jarod and Soga's coversation is open and both Alice and Callum heard it. If I'm wrong let me know.

After hearing Jarod and Soga conversing, Callum's head begins to swirls.

"Sorry," he says, mostly to draw Jarod's attention from the other speakers, "did you say club? I thought we were here as part of a school-sanctioned social experiment."

Taking a moment to consider what he just said and collect his ideas, he follows up with,

"Did our parents sign off on this?"

He then focuses his attention on Soga, commenting,

"I only understood about half of what you just said. I think I heard about personas in my third period psychology class...It was Jung or Freud or someone right?"

As if struck by lightning, Callum's body goes rigid, a lightbulb almost visible above his head as the idea flashes in his mind. Turning back to Jarod he asks,

"Is that what this is, some psychology experiment?"

He then curls away a little, crossing his arms infront of his body, adding, in a much softer voice,

"There won't be any electric shocks or anything, right?"

alchaos
2014-08-10, 08:19 AM
''Eee-lectric Shocks?''

''Finally something useful. ''
''Electricity,it's so pretty with all the sparkly.''

Alice seemed a little scared and took a step back from everyone, a strange book with glowing glyph on the cover seemed to appear in her hand.

Xhosant
2014-08-10, 09:33 AM
Soga got instantly alarmed by Callum's words. If he didn't know what a Persona is, could he have wandered here by accident?

Noticing the book as something decidedly not within the things an outsider should notice, he awkwardly rushes between them and facing Alice, trying to hide it from view.

"None of that nonsense, don't worry!", he rushes to explain. "I heard we're just here because we experienced something extraordinary, and repeating it with purpose might be important."

On the last part, Soga looks over his shoulder towards Callum, a sly smile on his face.

"Ring any bells?"

He thought he heard something from the ground floor, but it could be his imagination.

Kioku
2014-08-10, 10:31 AM
Not seeing anyone else, Asami makes her way over to the nearest table or counter to set down the cake she's carrying, then, biting her lip, steps just out the door to double check the address. "Definitely where they told me to go," she murmurs to herself. She cautiously makes her way over to the stairs, just in case there are in fact people here that were just out of earshot. "Yes, I thought I heard something too," she replies to something only she can hear. "Do you think we should go up to see?" A small smile plays across her features as Asami ascends the stairs, peeking around the corner upon reaching it halfway up. From the sounds of conversation down the hall it's no longer a question of *if* others are here, but how many and whether any of them know which room she's to stay in.

Deciding to try her luck, Asami's careful, quiet steps take her down the hall to the room where the voices are coming from. She waits until nobody is speaking, then leans around the doorway so that just half of her face is visible. "Excuse me," she calls in a voice just above a whisper. "I'm Kimura Asami. Do any of you know where I'm supposed to be staying?"

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-10, 11:27 AM
As Asami leans in the door, she might hear a quiet but insistent voice rising from a whisper behind her.

"H-hi... you can't hear me, can you...? H-hey there."

Standing behind her is a tired-looking girl with long, somewhat tangled black hair and a wrinkled shirt and skirt. Miyuki hesitantly waves with one hand while clutching a handful of little batteries in the other, and then turns her eyes back at Asami's feet.

"So... you're new."

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-10, 03:04 PM
In spite of the growing noises, Lenora only decides to come out of her room at that moment; the older residents will notice she's wearing a brand new, and apparently just as expensive as the rest of her wardrobe, summer ensemble. She's black, wears her black hair in a fashionable style, and large glasses.
"What is... oh! Newcomers!", she exclaims, shifting from suspicion to friendliness. "Hello! I'm Lenora Hepaunton. Yes, that Hepaunton."
The girl never quite seems to tire from that introduction, in spite of the ever-growing evidence that most kids her age actually do not care enough at all about the financial world to know that name.
"Whoa, that's a lot of new students at once! Before you introduce yourselves, fair warning: don't believe anything Levi tells you. You'll recognize him, he's big. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out part of his ancestry stepped out from Hell itself."
She sounds entirely too serious about that warning, as if merely explaining there were roaches in the last room to the right and not to go there if possible.

alchaos
2014-08-10, 03:17 PM
For Alice,this was too much,too fast.She dismissed her book and just sat in the backgound while they were talking.

''The Queen bitch herself,make her kneel. ''
''So many people,where is the tea? This cannot be a proper greeting without tea.''

Kioku
2014-08-10, 03:29 PM
Asami tilts her head and turns around at the sound of someone behind her and blinks at the sight she beholds.

Miyuki hesitantly waves with one hand while clutching a handful of little batteries in the other, and then turns her eyes back at Asami's feet.

"So... you're new."
With a gentle smile at the apparently-shy foot-watching behavior, Asami replies. "Yes, I suppose I am... does that mean you're not, then? Err... sorry; I mean to say hel-" The replied greeting trails off on a "-lo..." when Lenora leaves her room, causing Asami to flick her eyes toward the motion.

A lot of new students at once? Hepaunton? Levi? She starts shrugging off her backpack to set it on the floor for now, tired of the dead weight in addition to her other bags.

CGDG
2014-08-10, 07:52 PM
Following Soga's words, Callum retreats from the previous line of conversation quickly, simply stating, in a very dry tone,

"No shocks then. Good."

With the gathering comotion and his general discomfort at the subject matter of the previous conversation, Callum exits, responding to Lenora's introduction with half-hearted and distraced nod, mumbling,

"A pleasure I'm sure."

insisting after,

"I should probably finish unpacking."

A final thought strikes him before he departs and he asks,

"By the way, is there a kitchen?"

If possible, it would be helpful if I knew what facilities the kitchen has (ie: oven, stove, microwave, fridge, freeze, etc.). Also, what time is it, in world?

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-12, 01:19 AM
The corners of Miyuki's mouth curl up in a little half-smile as Asami speaks to her.

"I'm, uh... l-less new than you. But I'm still pretty new, too. So if you h-have any questions, you can ask me or you don't have to if you don't want to, that's fine too..."

She glances down at Asami's bags, and back up again.

"D-do you need help with those bags? I'm only carrying these little batteries for my headphones right now... n-not that you asked about them, or anything..."

alchaos
2014-08-12, 07:00 AM
Alice sneaked off to explore the rest of the building while everyone was busy downstair.

Kioku
2014-08-12, 08:38 AM
"By the way, is there a kitchen?"

"I think I saw one on the way in..." Asami replies distantly, eyes flicking wildly to every new source of movement whenever anyone leaves a room or otherwise comes into view. New environment; new people. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, and very slowly opens them while Miyuki is speaking.

The corners of Miyuki's mouth curl up in a little half-smile as Asami speaks to her.

"I'm, uh... l-less new than you. But I'm still pretty new, too. So if you h-have any questions, you can ask me or you don't have to if you don't want to, that's fine too..."

She glances down at Asami's bags, and back up again.

"D-do you need help with those bags? I'm only carrying these little batteries for my headphones right now... n-not that you asked about them, or anything..."

"It's very kind of you to offer, but I've no idea where I'm supposed to go from here." She sounds much more focused and coherent now. Perhaps even singularly focused. "I don't suppose you know? I didn't see a roster or nameplates or anything with who belongs in which room, so unless it's a free for all..." Asami shrugs. "Ah - if I could ask this as well, do you know what this social experiment thing is all about? I recall someone mentioning it when I was first being assigned a place to stay while at this school. Not to say that I'm entirely sure if I was supposed to hear that though..."

Xhosant
2014-08-12, 08:58 AM
Soga was a little overwhelmed. 3 people moving in, coming one at a time, two of which he couldn't for sure tell were Users rather than transfer errors? They did mention the social experiment, but it could still be a mistake...

"Well, it kinda emerged, but this pair of rooms is the girls' dorms. The one across the corridor is the boys'." Turning to Callum, he adds, "That kind of makes us roommates."

Finally, the ones left and right down the hall are the commanders', and not recommended, respectively."

"As for the 'experiment', which I guess you could call it, it's done on field trips. But we use the basement as the staging ground."

CGDG
2014-08-13, 01:21 AM
"As for the 'experiment', which I guess you could call it, it's done on field trips. But we use the basement as the staging ground."

Callum nodded, still mildly paying attention, while trying to withdrawl from the gather group of people, the topic of unusual occurances having him still on edge and far from his comfort-zone.

"I'm still not sure how I was selected for this experiment or what the purpose of it is. Still, I should probably leave that to the teachers incharge." he says, his eyes rolling and his expression switching to one of frustration, only momentarily, at the word teachers, before returning to a more natural resting expression.

"I think I saw one on the way in..." Asami replies.

With his queery answered, Callum's eyes flash with excitement.

"In that case," he starts, "I'm going to fix up a snack."

Half-way out the door, he adds, invitingly,

"If anyone one's hungry, you're more than welcome to join me."

Afterwards he departs, to whichever room his deposited his luggage. There are a few loud banging noises and some curiously clunking sounds, following by a few curses, before he is seen departing, arms full of pots, pans, gorcceries, and a managery of odd culinary contraptions, for the kitchen.

I don't recall if I've been assigned a bunk yet. So, I wanted to leave that vague.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-13, 01:04 PM
"I'm home!"

Tsubaki walks in the door covered in cuts that she hadn't gotten around to treating yet from her earlier activities, some of them still bleeding. Her naginata was wrapped up and on her back while a paper bag was in her left hand. Upon noticing Miyuki she rapidly moves closer to the group with a smile on her face.

"Heya, Miyuki-chan. I got these after I was done sparring."

Reaching into the bag, she pulls out a taiyaki and holds it out for Miyuki before noticing the new girl next to her.

"A new member? I'm Tsubaki, I hope we get along."

The warrior girl holds out the bag to Asami.

"Take one, I bought plenty to share."

Xhosant
2014-08-13, 04:11 PM
Still a little worried about Callum, Soga nevertheless lets his mind slip away from the matter, with a single concerned look to the inactive Jarod.

Turning to the newest entrant, he offers a hand.

"I'm Soga. Good to have you with us."

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-13, 04:16 PM
Miyuki raises an eyebrow at the entrance of scraped-up Tsubaki, but decides to let it go.

"H-hey, Tsubaki. Welcome back."

She takes the taiyaki with a mumbled "thanks" and starts nibbling at it in one hand. After a few bites, she stops as if realizing something and turns back to Asami.

"Oh! I, uh... forgot my name. F-forgot to tell you my name, I mean. Sorry. I'm Maeda. Miyuki Maeda. Tsubaki's bunkmate. I hope we can be f-friends..."

Kioku
2014-08-13, 05:20 PM
"A new member? I'm Tsubaki, I hope we get along."

The warrior girl holds out the bag to Asami.

"Take one, I bought plenty to share."

"Oh! I, uh... forgot my name. F-forgot to tell you my name, I mean. Sorry. I'm Maeda. Miyuki Maeda. Tsubaki's bunkmate. I hope we can be f-friends..."

Asami wavers a little where she stands, assimilating Tsubaki into her present focus-on-without-letting-other-motion-distract-me state, and gladly accepts a taiyaki from the bag. "Thank you. Both of you, I mean, for the welcome. I'd love to be friends! Err... I mean... I hope we can get along too. Umm... I'm Kimura Asami, but I guess you might have heard that when I called into the room earlier. I feel silly about that now... Ah! But you can call me Asami if you like!" She seems caught somewhere between biting her lip in nervousness over getting too excited and failing in decorum, and trying to hold back from beaming at meeting new friends and gaining such quick acceptance. "Do you need something for those cuts? I always keep a first aid kit in my backpack..."

Turning to the newest entrant, he offers a hand.

"I'm Soga. Good to have you with us."

Asami looks over her left shoulder at the doorway to the room that she'd peeked into, then at the hand in it, then at the hand's owner. "I'd feel terribly foolish introducing myself thrice while standing in the same spot," she quips while reaching out to take the offered hand. "So I'll just say nice to meet you. Glad to be here." She almost adds "I think" to the end of that sentence, but having the other two girls in her field of vision reminds her that it's already a certainty. "So just how many people live here, anyway?" Asami's senses start to wander again, trying to pick up additional details about her new home.

Fact: during high school, I really did keep a first aid kit in my backpack at all times, and it proved useful more than once! I figured it fit Asami as well, what with her personality.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-13, 05:38 PM
At Asami's, mention of her injuries Tsubaki looks down at her midsection as though she hadn't noticed the cuts and laughs.

"Oh wow, he actually got me this time. That would be much appreciated, I'll reimburse the supplies later, I keep a couple kits in my trunk in the room."

Tsubaki grabs one of the fish shaped treats out of the bag for herself and takes a large bite. Swallowing before speaking again.

"I honestly stopped counting how many people were here, myself."

She gives a bit of an embarrassed smile as she speaks.

Morbis Meh
2014-08-14, 10:24 AM
A soft melody plays in the background as Levi lounges contently in his chair with a cup of tea in his hand, the day has been relatively calm and devoid of summons so either the problems in the velvet world were fixed or something was up. Bored... Oh so bored... Why haven't we been briefed for a mission?

Patience my Prince, all will become clear soon... I feel others.

The inner monologues of Levi were disrupted by the sound of large objects being dragged across the floor. Normally Levi would be bitter about such distractions but in this place it was the sweetest of music. Ahhh, fresh meat, very goooood."

Levi sets his teacup down gently on an end table and stands up to his full height stretching while cracking his neck "Time for some fun." He leaves his apartment casually, taking long strides out in the hallway while whistling to himself. He stops at the mention of his name and grins broadly at the aspersions cast his way.

"Now SARG, that truly cuts me deep, right to my soul. How can you say such painful words to me after that beautiful afternoon we shared together? We laughed, we cried you told me you wished to see me again, such sweet words then but now they sting like thorns upon rose." Stepping out from the corner the giant of a Russian appears with a feigned look of hurt on his broad face. Looking at the newcomer he breaks out his shark like grin "Do not let her frighten you, I am big teddy bear, it almost pains me how soft I am. Sarg is only bitter because I turned her down when she through herself at me, coming to my room with such desperation in her eyes. Also she doesn't want people to know she shops at thrift stores, those rags she is wearing were on clearance last week. Though enough pleasantries it would seem my comrades have learned nothing of courtesy and that won't do. Please follow me, I will put on some tea, I have an apartment to myself so no need to worry about space." His eye catches the other male in the group and he begins chuckling.

He leans his head past the girls and looks at Callum "Excuse me, this dorm does not allow animals or plants in it so we ask you to leave your pet beaver and maple tree outside. You may tag along for tea but I don't have any of that piss that your kind call beer."

Xhosant
2014-08-14, 02:10 PM
When people disapear in here, we just pretend they never existed. I once tried a meta-joke on the subject, it was ignored too. It'd be wise to not touch the subject IC :smalltongue:

"Well, we got our 4 commanders, and then a friend of theirs, and there's Rikya, a teacher, we don't see him much. There's also Levi, and he girls. That's Brianna, and Lenora, and Tsubaki, and Miyuki, Kyoko too, and then there's the boys, so me, Will, Sam, and Dorian, plus Damian, and Davis, and..."

At this point, his progressively more mumbled speech fades completely, obviously addressed to himself rather than Asami. Eventually, he turns back to her.

"Some 25 of us, you guys included. I think..."

Something bugged him, as if he'd let slip something he shouldn't.

Kioku
2014-08-14, 02:48 PM
Asami crouches next to her backpack to pull out the first aid kit, still a little flushed from embarrassment over her outburst before. "Ah, and your trunk is hard to get into right now? I see." While fishing it out, she gives a funny look up at Soga near the beginning of his speech, but quickly turns her attention back to Tsubaki's wounds and what is that booming voice.

"Now SARG, that truly cuts me deep, right to my soul. How can you say such painful words to me after that beautiful afternoon we shared together? We laughed, we cried you told me you wished to see me again, such sweet words then but now they sting like thorns upon rose." Stepping out from the corner the giant of a Russian appears with a feigned look of hurt on his broad face. Looking at the newcomer he breaks out his shark like grin "Do not let her frighten you, I am big teddy bear, it almost pains me how soft I am. Sarg is only bitter because I turned her down when she through herself at me, coming to my room with such desperation in her eyes. Also she doesn't want people to know she shops at thrift stores, those rags she is wearing were on clearance last week. Though enough pleasantries it would seem my comrades have learned nothing of courtesy and that won't do. Please follow me, I will put on some tea, I have an apartment to myself so no need to worry about space."

"Who... what?" Asami blinks rapidly up at the giant from her still-crouched position before horror dawns on her face. "Oh, Kami, I nearly forgot! I'm so sorry, what was her name again... oh, right, thank you. Hepaunton-san, I should have replied to your introduction right away! Not that I suppose you need me to now, of course, but... wait." She flicks her eyes between Lenora and the giant, hands still busy taking out the appropriate medical supplies. "Are you Levi of the warning, then? Tea might be nice, but it'd be terribly rude to leave the others here mid-conversation. Also..." She gestures with her eyes toward the four bags still on her shoulders. "I should probably find out my sleeping arrangements first."

With one more suspicious glance at Soga, hands even now working on the bandages as if with a mind of their own, she finally asks what's been on her thoughts since he started talking. "What do you mean, 'commanders'?"

Xhosant
2014-08-14, 03:02 PM
Soga pauses mid-thought. So that's what slipped him, damn.

"Uh... You heard about the field trips, right? They're the ones in charge of them, basically."

What a lousy excuse.

Soga stepped to the door, looked outside to make sure Callum wasn't in earshot, then turned back to her.

"Allright, let me set it this way: You've been chosen to transfer here with us, right? I want you to make a wild guess as to why, and assume that's what we all have in common. And don't hold the answer back because it seems too wild, because, boy, is the answer not wild."

Soga bringing his fingertips together, ever-so-slightly gesturing with them as if to punctuate the following:

COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you, recently?"[/COLOR]

alchaos
2014-08-14, 04:36 PM
Alice arrived in what looked like the kitchen.

''Tea,tea,tea,let's make some tea and some friend.Everything always better with tea ;).''

White voice sounded like she was skipping and singing.

''The kitchen,bah.Find that velvet room they we're talking about.You could gain much more there than from some tea with commoner.''

Black sounded as imperial as ever.

''Tea would be good,tea would be great.Maybe tea would relax me enough to talk to them?''

Alice started to search the drawers for some tea to put on the stove.

CGDG
2014-08-14, 08:44 PM
Alice arrived in what looked like the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Callum is cooking up a storm. He is so distracted by his preparations that he barely notices Alice come in.

The stove is crowded by plated and pans, all filled with food. The countertops are laden with rows upon rows of spiced, herbs and freshly diced vegetables. The cupboards, already filled with an array of food, were crammed with additional items.

Both hands working the stove, Callum opens up the oven with his foot. He breaks from his pans to slide a tea towel over his palm and remove a tray of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies from the oven. Placing them atop a row of glass spice bottles, he drops another tray of uncooked lemon squares into the oven and sets the timer.

Turning off the burners on the stove, Callum wipes his brow with the tea towel he had just used to take out the cookies, before setting it over the oven’s exterior handle. Grabbing a small ladle, he scoops soup, meat and vegetables from the pans he was working and plops it into various large plates and bowls.

Placing the assorted dishes along the table, he aligns them so that, regardless of seating position, everyone would be able to reach a desired plate. Making several trips, he also deposits two teapots, a French press and series of mugs on the table, already set with cutlery and plates.

Exasperated but pleased with the outcome, Callum looks at Alice with a fatigued grin.

“Help yourself.” He says welcomingly.

“We have braised garlic eggplant and port, egg and tomato soup, shredded potato with red peppers, butter chicken, pancakes with homemade apricot preserve, Szechwan chicken, cabbage and mushroom stir-fry and drumsticks with a homemade teriyaki glaze.”

With a happy breath at the end he adds,

“Oh and chocolate chips cookies and lemon squares. You’ll need for them to finish baking and cool first, though.

He smacks himself on the head, as if struck by his own idiocy.

“I forgot, the teas are green with pear buds and cherry mint. The coffee is from Brazil, freshly ground; the beans are in the top cupboard is you need more, but it is pretty strong.”

Smacking himself on the forehead a second time, he rushes into the kitchen and returns, depositing a small cup and a miniature cream carafe.

“Cream and sugar” he says, sheepishly, adding, “forgot.”

I decided to just assume there was a dinning room table. I took a little artistic liberty with the passage of time. I'm working under the assumption Callum left to the kitchen at least 30-40 miutes ago. Suspension of disbelief.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-14, 11:12 PM
Miyuki slips her spare batteries into her skirt pocket, and lingers at Asami's side while she nibbles away at her taiyaki.

"H-hey, Asami, I'll help you find your room. Um, that is, I'd like to help you, if I knew where you were staying. Which I don't. S-sorry... Th-the point is that I'd like to follow you around and t-talk to you maybe, if that's okay and not too weird..."

She looks at Tsubaki for a moment, as if reassuring herself, and sighs.

Kioku
2014-08-15, 12:53 AM
"Uh... You heard about the field trips, right? They're the ones in charge of them, basically."

Asami gives Soga's back the most deadpan look from her low position as he's walking to the door.

"What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you, recently?"
She slowly stands up, unconsciously falling into a defensive stance while consciously fighting (and failing) not to let amusement cross her face. "What's wild is so wild it's not wild?" A snicker breaks free, but her eyes flick around the room to each other person in it, and even to Jarod though the doorway. She closes the first aid kit, having just finished with it. "If it's so not wild, why would it be the weirdest thing? I dare say the weirdest thing that's happened to me recently is being asked to tea by a giant." Asami gestures vaguely to Levi, flashing him a small smile and a wink. "Alas, that's not wild, and surely not what you meant. Perhaps there's something you think is abnormal that I do not, though... Not after five years, at least." The last part is whispered so quietly it would take animalistic hearing or very near proximity to get a hint of it. A highly observant person might notice her shift slightly on her feet though, or glimpse the slight shiver that runs through her frame. She looks... well... a lot like someone might if they were moments away from self-invoking high stress to summon a persona. The tension breaks when Miyuki speaks, though.

Miyuki slips her spare batteries into her skirt pocket, and lingers at Asami's side while she nibbles away at her taiyaki.
"H-hey, Asami, I'll help you find your room. Um, that is, I'd like to help you, if I knew where you were staying. Which I don't. S-sorry... Th-the point is that I'd like to follow you around and t-talk to you maybe, if that's okay and not too weird..."

Asami blinks a couple times and relaxes slightly, a compassionate smile on her face, and looks Miyuki in the eye. "It's okay, and not weird at all." She pulls off all four of her bags and sets them next to her backpack. "I'll probably wind up somewhere near here anyway, if there are only 25 people and any of these beds are unclaimed. Can we sit some...where..." She seems to remember what was just going on and eyes Soga, twirls a bit of hair on a finger, then raises an eyebrow with glances at everyone else again. It was quite a gamble, but the curiosity was simply too much. She scoots a little closer to Miyuki (and Tsubaki, since the former seems to feel safe around the latter,) in almost a protective manner. "In just a few moments?" she finishes her sentence to Miyuki. "First... you know, that's a very curious question you ask, especially around so many others. You know something, and you weren't afraid to say it." She tilts her head in a contemplative way, unsure whether she should be acting reassuring or preparing for an escape. "Does that mean you all have Shadows as well?"

Mokou-tan
2014-08-15, 01:33 AM
Tsubaki smiles and stretches, freshly bandaged up by her new friend. "Don't worry about the bunk, I can annex the extra bunk Lenora's been storing her stuff on. Listening to the full conversation between Asami and Soga, the little hero gets a bright idea. She takes a deep, calm breath and closes her eyes. "You say we have Shadows? You're a bit off..." Her body begins to glow softly before the glow shapes the faint outline of one much taller than the small girl. "I'm the Hound of Ulster, Cu Chulainn." Her Persona fully forms to show the warrior within her. "We fight Shadows." Tsubaki has a beaming smile upon her face, thinking herself a bit clever with her reveal.

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-15, 04:22 AM
All the while Levi is talking, Lenora mostly just rolls her eyes. Just as expected.
Tsubaki causes a much stronger reaction, though. "... my extra bunk? But I need it to store my 'stuff'! Where else will I put it?"
What a dilemma. Give up that precious space, or look like the local bitch? (It might already be too late to help with that second part.)
"Beside that, Tsubaki is right. We're not here to hurt people; that's what Shadows do." Her own Persona's silhouette, Melusine, the serpentine fairy torn between two worlds, appears. "Melusine is here to protect us, anyway, which involves beating up Shadows."

Xhosant
2014-08-15, 05:23 AM
Soga's grin has been widening by the second. Not only was she a user, but apparently a veteran as well. And with everyone jumping in on the parade, things were getting better and better.

Pulling out his Evoker and bringing it bellow his chin in one swift motion, he pulled the trigger. He tried to suppress the daze as the velvet ribbons, with the grey-black shade they displayed on this side, shot out of his head to weave the cloak that was Celaverimus.

"See, not that odd a question to ask in front of these people. Now you know what we do on the field trips", he adds with one of his mock bows, mimicked by the hollow figure behind him.

Kioku
2014-08-15, 08:01 AM
Asami seems visibly more at-ease after the rapid subsequent demonstrations, if more than a little like she wants to hug Tsubaki in a flying leap. A kind of wonderful sensation flows through her that takes a moment to place or name - ah, that's it; belonging. She bites her lip, but it only makes the gleeful expression she wears more obvious. "I didn't know there were others like me and Tamamo. I hoped, but... if shadows are something else, what do you call them? Reflections?" A look of shock crosses her face for a split-second in sudden realization; Asami closes her eyes and shivers, pure torment and agony marring her features. In a strained voice between remembering and realizing, she whispers. "Ah... Persona." A ghostly image of a stunning woman in a kimono, barely a couple inches bigger than herself, overlays her body. Nine fox's tails blossom out behind her, and Asami opens her eyes with a tear in the visible one. She wavers a little on her feet, still caught up in the memory that gave her enough stress to summon Tamamo just now. "I see." She sits down against the wall, pensive.

Xhosant
2014-08-15, 08:18 AM
On hearing Asami's question, Soga realises he goofed twice in a row, the aforementioned Shadows referring to the personae, not the creatures they fought. As he's about to explain, he notices the girl's expression.

At first he's surprised, then remembers what one of the instructors said: a Persona awakens through a dangerous or traumatic experience. Which she was just reminded of...

He reaches out to lightly touch he girl's shoulder.

"They pick a bad time to show up, don't they? I got it easy myself, but if you want to talk about it sometime, I'm here."

And here's a social thread hook, if interested.

"Anyway, don't let it haunt you if you can help it. Might help to try and focus on the tasks at hand. Like making yourself at home, or figuring out if Callum is one of us, too."

Or our war with the true Shadows, he thought, but figured it better not to mention that yet.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-15, 08:39 AM
Miyuki glances around at everyone else's Personas, sighs, and looks to Asami.

"I h-have one too, of course. I'm sure you could figure that out..."

The silhouette of a woman draped in robes and veils appears behind her, amid a faint, translucent haze - Pythia.

CGDG
2014-08-15, 09:03 AM
With a loud ding, Callum turns around, grabbing the tea towel again and heaving a large baking dish of lemon squares from the oven. He switches the machine off with a flick then proceeds to lay the tray down to cool. Waving his hand atop them slowly to sample the armoa, he nods with satisfaction.

"They need a minute to cool, but they smell excellent. I was worried they would burn."

With a smile to Alice, he pulls out a chair.

"Please, have at it. I'll call the others down."

Cupping his mouth with his hands he shouts,

"Ollie ollie oxen and free! Snacks are ready if anyone's hungry!"

With a schoolboy's smile he confesses to Alice,

"I hope everyone likes it."

Morbis Meh
2014-08-15, 09:21 AM
Levi looks at the others with a pained look on his face "And these are people who are tasked with saving the world, may God truly help us for we are so screwed... Alright children playtime is over, you either get snack time or nappy time, except Sarg she gets time out for not wanting to share." Levi stomps away from the disgusting sight of his team mates showing off and wanders downstairs to make himself dinner but alas the sight he is confronted with is even more horrific than the previous one.

"JUMPING JUDAS ON A JETPACK WHEN IN HELL DID MARTHA STEWART MOVE HERE? WHO IS GOING TO EAT ALL OF THIS!?!?!" He swings his head and glares at the culprit, stalking over to be inches away from Callum pointing one large, meaty finger at him "By all that is sacred, if you touched my dumplings I will not only murder you in the most horrific and traumatizing way possible I will also eviscerate you and feed you your entrails. Why would you even do this?" He stares at the face for a moment then wrinkles his nose "You're white and definitely not European, none are this stupid to waste so much food, you're not American because it's actually home cooked food and not take out, not to mention know American would have enough motivation to get off their rear, so that leaves one option.... A CANADIAN....ugh. God damn Maple boy and your bloody over polite nation of sissies." He walks to a cupboard, grabs tea, slams the door shut, and goes back upstairs muttering "Better not start watching hockey in here or I will shove Tsubaki's naginata up his @ss."

alchaos
2014-08-15, 10:50 AM
Alice tried some of the snacks that Callum had made.

''Th-hha-anks for the food.''

She starting nibbling one of the chocolate chips cookie,while waiting for the teapot to heat up.

Kioku
2014-08-15, 11:51 AM
The image starts to fade, Asami gets a sad look from Levi's parting comment, and doesn't even pay attention to the noise from below - something about oxen, followed by yelling? "So much for tea then, I suppose."

CGDG
2014-08-15, 06:50 PM
A little pained by Levi's comment, Callum's face saddens. Under his breath he mumbles,

"Some people just don't appreciate good food."

Seeing Alice take a cookie, Callum's mood improves ten fold. Like a den mother, he starts pilling food onto her plate.

"Oh, please, you can't stop at a cookie. Here, have some of this...oooh and this, at and the butter chicken is my specialty!"

Nodding with approval at the mountain of food now on Alices plate he says,

"You need to keep up your strength. Moving in is a lot of work."

With an irritated side-glance in the direction of Levi's departure, he adds,

"And so is putting up with some of the residence."

Looking over the table he ponders a moment.

"He may have been right about the food, though; if nobody else is hungry it'll be a lot for the two of us to eat."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-15, 07:06 PM
With the dramatic reveal all over with, Tsubaki hears someone shouting something she didn't quite understand. What was an ollie? Then she sniffed the air a bit. Her eyes widened a bit at what she smelled. It was food! "Someone did a lot of cooking, I can smell it. Come on girls, let's get something to eat. We can figure out your bed setup later in the girl's rooms." She turns to Lenora a bit, not forgetting that she didn't want to give up her storage space. "I'm not a cruel conqueror, if I annex that space to move her in, I'll of course have to allow the refugees to flee. We should get you a pretty trunk like mine." With that, she picked up her naginata, ready to go to the delicious smells, but not willing to go alone.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-15, 09:52 PM
Miyuki looks down at her taiyaki, reduced to nothing but a scrap of a tail, and shrugs.

"S-still hungry... I'll come with you, Tsubaki."

She quickly finishes off the last bit of her snack, then wipes her mouth with her sleeve as she walks over to follow behind Tsubaki.

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-16, 03:35 AM
"That's some martial vocabulary there", notes Lenora, before grinning. "Life is war, after all. I'll accept this truce."
It's her turn to go try the baked goods. On the way, she ponders: "That cute little dress would fit her perfectly..."

Xhosant
2014-08-16, 08:45 AM
With most everyone else gone, Soga offers his hand to Asami to help her up.

"It's best we head down, too. There's much left to be done, after all."

Kioku
2014-08-16, 09:59 AM
With most everyone else gone, Soga offers his hand to Asami to help her up.

"It's best we head down, too. There's much left to be done, after all."

Asami blinks up from the floor and, after several moments, takes the hand and gets up. "Sorry," she mutters, and starts heading for the door (and then stairs). "I should apologize to Miyuki too, for letting that get to me so much right after telling her we could talk if she wanted... Hey, I know you were just trying to confirm your suspicions or something, but it's nice to know that Tamamo and I aren't alone in the whole duo thing. Oh! You'll be wanting that back," she exclaims upon looking down and noticing that she was still imprisoning his hand in her own. Asami quickly drops it and hurries to catch up with the others, to essentially repeat her apology to Miyuki, and to thank Tsubaki for being brave enough to show herself first.

It would feel terribly repetitive to type out the exact words for the apology and thanks mentioned in the last sentence, so you may assume that she says basically what she said to Soga, as appropriate for each of them, as soon as she's close enough. Or I could just type it out next post or edit this one, your (the ones being talked to's) call.

Xhosant
2014-08-16, 10:21 AM
Soga headed down soon after, an optimistic smile on his face, to be greeted first by the overpowering, mixed aromas of the foods, then the sight of them. Did Callum do all that?

He smiled in amusement as he saw Tsubaki's naginata leaning against a chair near her, then approached a chair himself.

CGDG
2014-08-16, 09:24 PM
Callum perks his head up as the group approaches.

"Hey, more people excellent!"

He gets up and pulls the chairs out for the new arrivals.

"Please help yourselves."

He clears his throat quietly before beginning to present the goods.

"We have braised garlic eggplant and port, egg and tomato soup, shredded potato with red peppers, butter chicken, pancakes with homemade apricot preserve, Szechwan chicken, cabbage and mushroom stir-fry and drumsticks with a homemade teriyaki glaze."

Pausing for a quick breath, he adds,

"To break it down by taste: the eggplant is has an overtone of garlic with a sutle undertone of pepper, the egg and tomato soup is a little plain; it's more of a palate clenser but works well if you only need something light, the shredded potato tastes pretty much like french fries, with a little kick, butter chicken is buttery; I'm sure that's a big surprise, the pancakes are Canadian style, thick and fluffy with a light sweetness, while the apricot preserve is sweet and a little sour, the Szechwan chicken is spicy, the stir-fy is rather mild, for those of you with stomache problems and the drmsticks are salty and sweet."

Callum then sits down and motions to the food.

"Eat up. When you're done, toss the dishes in the sink and I'll take care of it. I started on sme fo them already, but eating is, undoubtedly a social occassion and I don't plan to miss it by washing dishes. I'll do those after."

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-17, 12:27 AM
Miyuki replies to Asami's apology with a seemingly unfazed shrug.

"D-don't sweat it... it's not like you're going anywhere anytime s-soon. Hee hee!"

Already smelling the aroma of the food, she claims some of the chicken and potatoes for herself with a quiet nod of thanks. She grabs a chair, and starts eating right away with a contented little smile on her face.

"Tasty..."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-18, 12:15 AM
Tsubaki grabs a some of everything quickly. Tsubaki watches Miyuki out of the corner of her eye, making sure she gets by alright. After a moment, she notices her concern wasn't really needed and smiles to herself, glad to see her friend managing the situation well. The little warrior pours a cup of tea for Miyuki, noticing she has no drink. "Here, a drink will do you good. If you need anything, just ask, okay?"

Xhosant
2014-08-18, 09:00 AM
Soga, too, started sampling all of the feast before them. He rather liked the food that one could find in the area, and his own cooking was adequate (if little more), but frankly, even his mother's cooking could only compare with this at its best, and he hadn't known a better cook than her.

I don't know if he's gonna stay for long after all... but maybe it won't be that bad if a non-user learns, he finds himself thinking as he lowers his guard.

Kioku
2014-08-18, 12:13 PM
Asami looks up and blinks rapidly with wide eyes at the array of food, unnoticed due to her task-focus until the onslaught of words. "...I am so glad I left the cake in the lobby, this puts it to shame." She whispers to herself, already thinking of how to sneak it into the fridge once nobody is around. She slowly takes a seat and goes for the Szechwan chicken, stir-fry and soup. After a brief thought, she takes just enough of a drumstick to try the glaze too. "Wow. You made all of this?"

CGDG
2014-08-18, 11:28 PM
Callum bristles with pride and obvious joy as he sees everyone enjoying the food.

"I'm glad you all like it."

With an embarassed smile, he adds,

"I hope it's enough. I was planning on making more, but there just wasn't enough time."

In response to Asami's query, Callum shrugs and grins a little sheepishly.

"I have two sisters, one older and one younger. They're both pretty picky eaters and did is often bouncing around for work. Mom's home a lot and she's a genius at computers but her mashed potatoes could've kill Castro."

With a forced chuckle he adds, nervously scratching his neck,

"Besides, I've been to a lot fo school and food brings people together. No on can stay mad at a meal, if the food is ood enough."

More chipper, he continues,

"Anyway, most of you look like you do a lot of sports or get a lot of exercise. I was big into sports before and trainning like that requires fuel. You don't want your body giving up on you in the middle of a big match."

Hoping for some more small talk, he presses,

"What sports do you all do? Are you on teams together or do you compete against each other?"

Xhosant
2014-08-19, 05:29 AM
"Hiking and fencing would be the most accurate answer, i guess", Soga replied with an embarrassed smile.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-19, 12:59 PM
Tsubaki tosses her eating implement to her left and picks up her naginata for Callum to see, not missing a beat in her eating. "This thing. I'm not on a team, but I used to be club president for it. Any form of combat's fine by me though."

alchaos
2014-08-19, 01:47 PM
Alice said mouth half-full of cookies.

''I'm on the library comitee.''

And then she was back on nibling cookies.

Kioku
2014-08-19, 01:48 PM
"I haven't even been to the school yet besides placement tests and registration," Asami replies between bites, "but I try to keep pretty active. No sports really, just running, climbing, aikido, jujutsu. I guess swimming sometimes, too. My brother had me juggling and knife throwing with him when I was younger and he was practicing for a friend's party, but that doesn't really count, and I had to sell my set a couple years ago anyway." She pours herself some tea and listens to the conversation going around, glad to be with people again.

Xhosant
2014-08-19, 02:58 PM
Soga lay silent for a moment. Apparently, he was the only one not in any short of club. Perhaps he should pay Tsubaki's old throne of power a visit?

CGDG
2014-08-20, 02:48 AM
Callum's eyes grow wide at the sight of Tsubaki's weapon.

"That's impressive." he says, astounded by some of the comentary.

"Looks like most of you keep busy. I spend a lot more time at home now. Sports just aren't for me anyone, I don't think. We'll see. It's good to keep active. Maybe I'll take something up on the side, if I get bored. Doa ny of you know any good sports clubs to join?"

Xhosant
2014-08-20, 07:54 AM
An idea flashed in Soga's head.

"Well, I'd like to join Tsubaki's old club, so maybe we could go together? Especially if she's willing to show us around?"

He stabbed another bite of chicken while waiting for the two's answer.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-20, 02:49 PM
Tsubaki chuckles at Soga's comment. "I guess I am still on their roster, showing you around wouldn't be a problem at all. I owe them a couple competition victories after I had to bail out on nationals."

CGDG
2014-08-23, 05:14 AM
"It could be interesting," Callum said, hesitantly and sounding distant, asif half-asleep or deep in thought.

"What kind of club is it?" After a short pause, he clairified, "I gather it's a martial club of some kind, but what exactly is it?"

Seeming a little solemn, he chippers up, saying

"I'm not really into sports or martial arts that much, anymore, but I still like to learn."

Xhosant
2014-08-23, 09:45 AM
Soga caught something odd about the answer. Maybe he was just exhausted by the cooking and the feast? I know i would be, but...

"Alright then, it's a deal!" he declared.

CGDG
2014-08-27, 11:39 PM
"Sounds good." Callum says.

He takes a quick headcount while chatting and eating a little food. The eggplant turned out better than expected.

"How many people live here?" he asked, "Is it just us? Are there any teachers who supervise or, I dunno, anyone else?"

"If I'm going to be able to prepare breakfast and dinner, I'm going to need an estimate...and any food allergies." he adds.

As if daydreaming, he mumbles and sighs to himself,

"It's so good to have a real kitchen again."

Looking back to the others, he regales,

"In my last dorm we weren't allowed to cook at all. The food at the cafeteria was like disguised cardboard cooked in every possible manner."

With a shake of his head, he continues,

"You wouldn't belive how hard it is to cook food for a room of eight people with only a hotplate."

Kioku
2014-08-27, 11:51 PM
"I've only seen the seven of us down here, plus Levi and another man who didn't introduce himself, but looked a bit older. I asked Soga here earlier though, and he said..." Asami gives a questioning glance toward Soga to make sure she's remembering right. "25, was it, in the whole place, with four or five instructors and their friend? Something along those lines. Waaait a moment, what did you just say about breakfast and dinner?" She sharply looks toward Callum with a head tilt and questioning expression, a slight smile trying to emerge through it. "This is going to be a regular thing?"

CGDG
2014-08-28, 08:37 PM
With a slight look of confusion on Callum's face at Asami's question, he blinks a few tims before coming to his senses.

"Oh! Uh...It wasn't a demand or anything. I just like cooking, and I'd like to help out around the dorm. There's not a whole lot else I'm good at and I miht as well make myself useful."

A little embarassed, he adds in a quieter voice,

"I plan on cooking large meals anyway, just in case someone doesn't have time to make breakfast or dinner. If you don't like the food, I mean, you don't have to eat it. I don't mean to be a pain or anything."

With a shrug, he continues, cutting a piece of butter chicken and having a bite before speaking,

"When I was in England, it became commonplace for me to cook for my roomates. Back in Canada, I cooked for my family too; it's just what I do. It's very relaxing and it helps me calm down,"

To himself, almost in a whisper, he finishes

"which is in high need these days."

Kioku
2014-08-29, 08:37 PM
Asami leans in, looking very interested now. Anyone watching could swear that her ears flicked at the whisper, but that simply isn't anatomically feasible; it must have just been a twitch. Her emergent smile is soft, and slightly playful, but her eyes have the look of a predator that's just found prey and is preparing to pounce. "In high need? Why might that be?" Could he have just recently met his Shadow? Err... his persona?

CGDG
2014-08-29, 09:08 PM
Not expecting the line of questioning, Callum falters and stutters in his reply.

"What?...Oh...Uhhh...Nothing. Moving to a new country, lots of new people; it's a lot to take in."

His answer is less than convincing, as he takes a deep gulp from a large mug of coffee, averting his eyes.

Kioku
2014-08-29, 09:42 PM
"Of course," Asami says in reply, switching to English to make Callum feel more comfortable. "That can't be easy, especially with the added stress over the social experiment they want us to all be a part of..."

CGDG
2014-08-29, 11:17 PM
Callum's ear perk up at the mention of the social experiment. He continues the conversation in English.

" 'K, so it's not just me. Do you have any idea what's going on? What kind of experiment is it?"

Xhosant
2014-08-30, 05:13 AM
Soga smiled, slightly, at Asami's efforts. Way to go, girl! Keep at it!

He doesn't say anything, however, instead watching in amusement.

Kioku
2014-08-30, 08:10 PM
Asami grins. "Oh, yes. Not the best idea to be sure, but a basic one. The true question is, do you? Not that I suppose it would do much harm to say it outright... after all, you were placed here, but it's quite possible that the terms would be as meaningless to you as they were to me - we humans do make our own terms to describe things when not given a common word, don't we?" She seems to ponder something for a moment. "Of course. Have you 'faced yourself' lately?"

CGDG
2014-08-30, 10:01 PM
With Asami's question, Callum's face turns as white a sheet. His contract and his mouth his left agape for moment as his brain possesses what was just said. Seconds later his face controts in anger and he clenches his firsts so tight the silverware threatens to break the skin on his palms.

After a trice passes, he gently lays down the silverware on the table and places his hands over his eyes, very slowly. With his eyes still covered, he leans back in his chair and takes a deep breath, exhaling costively. After some time to collect himself, he looks back at Asami and asks,

"This is a psychological experiment, isn't it? My folks sent me here cause they think I'm going mad. No cancer, no concussion, no hormone fluctuations. Nothing to explain it, so I must be crazy."

After a sharp intake of air through clentch teeth, he finishes with,

"F**kin' brilliant."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-30, 10:16 PM
Tsubaki chuckles at Callum. "Hey, I don't know some words you are saying and my English poor. If we are here for crazy, world in trouble." She had been quietly listening up to now, but had to say something. It was obvious she did poorly in English. "Or maybe the world needs crazy..."

Kioku
2014-08-30, 10:21 PM
Asami's playful look turns to something dark and serious, and she doesn't even care that she switches back to Japanese. "Crazy?" She pushes out her chair and stands, glowering. For just a second, the wispy images of tails reappears in her sudden change of tone. "No."

For anyone that didn't figure it out, Asami's extreme tone change earlier, around post 84 (and ever since then) has been her being partially-possessed by Tamamo / acting as a conduit for her / doing as she would without any filter (take your pick depending on how much or little is similar to the rest of the Persona universe).

CGDG
2014-08-31, 03:06 AM
Rocking on his chair, is head tilted back towards the ceiling, Callum decends, resting his chair legs flat on the ground. As he brings his head forward again, he clarifies, obviously worried that he caused unintended offence.

"Look, I wasn't saying you're cra-"

He stops as his eyes come to meet Asami and the ethereal manifestation behind her. H
He stiffles a curse, his voice caught in his throat, as his pupils dialate. Cathing himself, he feigns a smal smile and bonks his temple playful with his palm. Twirrling his fingers as he searches for words, he waves his left hand slightly in the air, a jesture of nevermindedness, and stands up from the table, after a quick gulp of water.

"I need to...No offense, really. I didn't...I'm just going to...air. I need air."

He says, as he withdrawls and goes to step outside, but finds himself lost two steps towards the door. He spins a few few times, discombobulated and seemingly unable to see the door three feet infront of his face. A split-second later he is struck by the sight of the door and, infurited, kicks it open and closes it briskly behind himself as he steps outside.

Kioku
2014-08-31, 03:28 AM
The moment Callum is out the door, Asami drops back into her chair looking exhausted, with a wince of pain while holding her head. "That... could have gone better. Does anyone else suspect he's been exposed to this before and just doesn't quite know what it is yet? W- I should probably not be the best to go after him after that." She takes a cookie to munch on while recovering.

Xhosant
2014-08-31, 07:42 AM
Soga rushes after Callum, stopping only to nod at Asami. "Don't sweat it, you did good."

The door slams a few meters in front of him, so he slowly, quietly opens it and steps out. Callum was standing there, and he likely hadn't noticed him.

"It's not a hallucination. We can all see it... and do more than that."

CGDG
2014-08-31, 10:24 AM
Callum squats down, using the side of the building as a back-rest and chuckles half-heartedly.

"Funny."

He mumbles to Soga, sounding defeated. With a sideways glace towards Soga, he lets out a deep sigh, before saying,

"You don't get it. My dad's a doctor, a good one. He's got hook-ups. I've seen specialists in every field: optometrists, oncologists, psychiatrists and neurologists. I’ve done the full circuit: blood work, psych evals, every scan you can think of, and there’s nothing wrong with me.”

After a brief pause, he continues, sounding aggravated and confused.

“But…I’m getting lost everywhere. I can barely find my way out of the house some days. And the mood swings; it’s like I’ve got twelve people living inside me. I’ll be happy, then sad, then angry. So angry. And there's the headaches and memory loss. I lose whole days sometimes, like they never happened. And my appetite; I’ve never eaten so much food before in my life.”

With a nervous look, he asks,

“Have you ever eaten a raw steak? I don’t mean blue or rare or any of that BS. I mean raw, like bloody. I know it’s bad for you, but I can’t help it sometimes.”

A self-conscious laugh escaped his lips for a moment before he admitted,

“You know, I actually looked into occult stuff. I thought maybe I was turning into a vampire or a werewolf or some kind of monster, for a second.”

The laughter stops as he looks over to Soga, almost on the verge of tears, asking pleadingly.

“What’s wrong with me?”

Philemonite
2014-08-31, 10:40 AM
“Have you ever eaten a raw steak? I don’t mean blue or rare or any of that BS. I mean raw, like bloody. I know it’s bad for you, but I can’t help it sometimes.

A slight chuckle echoed through the hall as a girl emerged around the corner.

"Actually, raw meat is very healthy. Lots of nutritious properties are destroyer when you grill it."

Xhosant
2014-08-31, 10:46 AM
Soga turns around. Alexandra? Good that you're here.

"I'm just guessing here. But what you saw? You could say that was her guardian angel. I have one, and so does everyone in there. And if you could see it, you likely have one too. That's why you're here, after all."

"Maybe, just maybe, your choice of words was spot on. You do have someone in you, and maybe they want out. Shall I let them out for you?"

Philemonite
2014-08-31, 11:11 AM
Soga turns around. Alexandra? Good that you're here.

"I'm just guessing here. But what you saw? You could say that was her guardian angel. I have one, and so does everyone in there. And if you could see it, you likely have one too. That's why you're here, after all."

"You know, Jessica did say you were romantic, but she never mentioned that you tend to be so... let's say childish. Persona is a manifestation of inner strength that manifests as a personal shield when in crisis. It is not something mystical or divine, it is simply psychological. It is a proof that human mind is constantly evolving. Saying that it is guardian angel equates it with Santa Claus, and we all know that's one big fat lie."

Xhosant
2014-08-31, 11:18 AM
"I gave him the simple version. Point on the 'fat' bit, though."

Philemonite
2014-08-31, 11:27 AM
"I gave him the simple version. Point on the 'fat' bit, though."

Alexandra makes a slight bow, and whether it is mockery or sincerity you can not really tell.

"Well thank you, long and detailed speeches are kinda my thing. Even if today is not really my thing."

CGDG
2014-08-31, 11:44 PM
A slight chuckle echoed through the hall as a girl emerged around the corner.

"Actually, raw meat is very healthy. Lots of nutritious properties are destroyer when you grill it."

With a bewildered look to Soga, then back to the girl and to Soga again, Callum stammers,

"Wh-...Who is...-"

Then looking back to the girl, he continues to stutter,

"Wh-...Who are...you're...uh?"

Barely following their conversation, Callum chimes in, more than a little lost and confused,

"Mystical? Divine?...Santa Clause!? What are you guys talking about?"

Xhosant
2014-09-01, 08:14 AM
"She's one of those in charge. Ok, keep this in mind, you have an 'oh ****' button, as do we. Maybe that's why you've been feeling weird. It's a little rough, but i could push it for you. See what happens."

CGDG
2014-09-01, 11:32 PM
With an akward look, Callum mumbles meakly,

"I...I have no idea what you're talking about."

Xhosant
2014-09-02, 05:10 AM
Soga sighs.

"Of course you wouldn't... It's a big old mess until you see it. I'll show you, just promise not to flee."

With a swift motion, one that wouldn't give Callum time to stop what this would seem like, Soga drew the gun in his pocket, put it under his jaw, and fired.

The back of his head exploded in black ribbons, swiftly weaving into an empty, frayed, hooded coat, its grey-ish texture less intimidating that its true, Velvet-side form.

Soga shook the dizziness away. "This is Celaverimus. We first met when I fell off a cliff, and he Awakened to save me."

"Now, it's your turn. Don't be scared by the looks of the device, it is harmless." His hand was extending the Evoker to him, held from the barrel. Behind him, the phantom mirrored his motion, offering its sharp gloves like an invitation.

CGDG
2014-09-03, 06:45 AM
Eyes locked on the aberration before him, Callum take the Evoker with a shaky hand. He looks it over a few times and points it away from himself, firing it into the air a few times. Hearing nothing but a hollow clicking noise, he looks bashfully at Soga, chuckling weakly and saying,

"Had to be sure."

After several heavy breaths and a cacophonous gulp, Callum looks to Soga and the creature before him for reassurance one last time. Methodically, he places the tip of the Evoker, upside-down, against his forehead. Whispering to himself, "Please don't die", he pulls the trigger.

Immediately afterwards, his eyes shoot open and he takes a deep gasp of air. Behind in a shadowy figure begins to appear. The image is blurry at first, as if made of fog, but gradually becomes clear.

Behind Callum stands a manifestation of a fierce warrior. Her long reddish-brown hair is tangled braided in a messy fashion. Her eyes are sharp and bright green, glowing in the dim lighting of the street. Peeking out from under her think navy cloak and scale mail is a dark orange belted tunic, covering her shoulder and upper arms. Over her waist and legs is a thick woollen kilt, adorned only with a scabbard for a longsword with a leafed blade.

A long spear in hand, she looks down upon Callum irritatedly and smacks him playfully on the head with her free hand. He wheels around quickly to see the source of the blow and is left petrified upon seeing the source. Her features soften and he gives him a reassuring smile, before looking at Soga and Celaverimus and giving them a slight bowing nod of thanks. She then dissipates into the night air like scattered ashes.

After Boudicca’s disappearance, Callum looks like her has been hit by lightening. He gazes towards Soga and Alexandra wide-eyed and slack-jawed. Gasping for breath, he starts to laugh hysterically and give them both a big toothy smile.

“Oh my God!”

He says as he returns to his feet.

“Jeez! That’s…I mean it’s completely unbelievable.”

Shaking his limbs casually, like an athlete warming-up, he bobs and shakes his head a bit, adding,

“Wow! I feel like I just drank the Atlantic Ocean worth of Red Bull.”

Coming to his senses a little, he asks,

“So, you two can both…?”

Answering his own questions, he says,

“Of course. And everyone in there?”

He asks, pointing to the dorm. He then slaps himself on the forehead and answers his own questions again,

“Duh, that’s why we’re all in the same building.”

As if struck by lightning, he freezes momentarily and repeats the same series of words, starting as a whisper and growing louder with each repetition.

“I’m not crazy. I’m Not Crazy. I’M NOT CRAZY!!”

He begins to cackle uncontrollably with joy. Grabbing Soga, he shouts,

“Ohhh! I could kiss you!"

In a lower voice, he adds,

"...I won’t ….But I could.”

He picks Soga up, lifting his feet of the ground, and spins him around a couple times before putting him back down.

After a deep breath, he asks, seemingly back to normal,

“So, what now?”

Xhosant
2014-09-03, 08:30 AM
Soga had been silent in reverent awe during the Awakening. He hadn't realized before, as his only chance had found him preoccupied with dying, but it was a rather important, ceremonial even, moment. He could feel Cel behind him bowing to the newly-arrived warrior, before dissipating along with her.

Once all was over, he watched with amusement at Callum's reaction, nodding in agreement as he asserted his sanity. With all the celebrations out of the way, he answered to Callum's question.

"You know what they say, where there's a light, there's shadows. Quite literally, in our case. These creatures, the Shadows, normally live in a safe place, but they find their way through now and then. Once in mass numbers, I hear. And the reason we're here is that what you saw are the weapons of choice against them."

Soga chuckled at this point.

"Fencing and hiking, remember?"

Kioku
2014-09-03, 01:06 PM
“I’M NOT CRAZY!!”

From within the building, Asami chuckles a little at the wall-muffled yet still rather loud outburst. "Told you," she whispers in a teasing fashion, even though she knows the recipient can't hear it from so far away.

CGDG
2014-09-03, 09:29 PM
With a nod hesitant understand, Callum paraphrases,

"Okay, so kill the cheerleader and her groupies, save the world. Got it."

With a look of determination and re-awakened confidence, he says,

"When do we start?"

Xhosant
2014-09-04, 09:34 AM
Soga grinned. he liked this one's attitude.

"I doubt it'll be long, but we can never know for sure. A couple days till something pops up, most likely. Although, you may get a chance to stretch those new muscles sooner."

((OOC: Sparing invitation get!))

CGDG
2014-09-09, 06:11 AM
With a nod, Callum says,

"I'd like that. Some form of training would be good. I'm more than a little rusty with my sword-play and I don't want to bog anyone down if there's a fight."

Xhosant
2014-09-09, 06:16 AM
Soga nods. With a sly smile, he turns to head back in, along with the rest.

Today was a good day, he thought to himself.

Seeing as we're out of activity, I'm ready to close this thread, unless you guys still have plans?

CGDG, feel free to drop by the sparring thread. PM me if you need a link.