PDA

View Full Version : Rage (the mechanic, not the emotion, sort of)

TechnOkami
2014-08-09, 09:19 AM
So this is a pretty simple-yet-complex kind of question I have. What games are out there that you would recommend I play where I have the option to effectively have something either equal to or similar to a rage bar? I've always enjoyed anger-based characters for some reason.

Game I already know about:
-D&D
-Asura's Wrath
-WoW
-LoL
-Skyrim
-Diablo

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head at the moment.

banthesun
2014-08-09, 10:06 AM
Crimsoness (http://altogether.insani.org/2008/2.html)

Enjoy

Jormengand
2014-08-09, 12:32 PM
The Rage series. While they're flash games and not exactly amazing quality, it means they're free to play so you can spend an hour on them and not really worry about it if you don't think they're great.

Kish
2014-08-09, 04:03 PM
In Star Wars: The Old Republic, Sith Warriors have Rage.

TechnOkami
2014-08-10, 05:31 AM
Crimsoness (http://altogether.insani.org/2008/2.html)

Enjoy

And it's free! Dear Gods...

Lighturtle
2014-08-10, 05:35 AM
The Stronghold armies in Tribes of the East are based on being really angry.

Togath
2014-08-10, 06:04 AM
Borderlands 2 might fit, Krieg, Salvador, and Gaige all have abilities that gain boosts from staying in combat or taking damage(Kreig especially).

tonberrian
2014-08-10, 09:53 AM
The King's Bounty series has a Rage pool that functions as sort of a separate mana pool for different spells. You play as a commander with a bunch of troops - as the deal and take damage, Rage increases. Outside of battle, Rage decreases while Mana increases.

TechnOkami
2014-08-10, 02:43 PM
Borderlands 2 might fit, Krieg, Salvador, and Gaige all have abilities that gain boosts from staying in combat or taking damage(Kreig especially).

Yeah I remember. I just habitually try to avoid shooters and mmo's like the plague. The only shooter I ended up liking was Bioshock Infinite and the only mmo was WoW, but I finished Bioshock and I got tired of paying WoW's subscription fee.

Hunter Noventa
2014-08-11, 05:40 AM
Yeah I remember. I just habitually try to avoid shooters and mmo's like the plague. The only shooter I ended up liking was Bioshock Infinite and the only mmo was WoW, but I finished Bioshock and I got tired of paying WoW's subscription fee.

The aforementioned SWTOR doesn't have a subscription, though you'll want to toss some money at is as playing as a Free Player, rather than preferred (Someone who's spent SOME money on the game) is pretty intolerable. But both the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight have a 'Rage' bar, even if the Jedi Knight calls it something else, it functions the same way.

TechnOkami
2014-08-11, 05:57 AM
The aforementioned SWTOR doesn't have a subscription, though you'll want to toss some money at is as playing as a Free Player, rather than preferred (Someone who's spent SOME money on the game) is pretty intolerable. But both the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight have a 'Rage' bar, even if the Jedi Knight calls it something else, it functions the same way.

A lot could be same about a lot of mechanics flavored one way or another. I'm much more interested in they actually being flavored appropriately.

Also, I tried SWTOR. Good story telling, but didn't enjoy much else.