PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the RL's, Charlie Brown! [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

AngryCyc
2014-08-09, 10:57 AM
CHAPTER ONE: BURNT OFFERINGS

After waking up before the sun rose and traveling for several hours without break, the last leg of the journey was over! Though they had come from many different areas and joined up at different points throughout the trip, the 5 adventurers who had tagged along with the Silver Hound Caravan had finally reached their destination: Sandpoint; Light of the Lost Coast.

The caravan leaders were happy to have each of the adventurers along for the trip. Although no major incidences occurred, there was always the chance for bandits, monsters, or even the fabled Sandpoint Devil to interrupt what should typically be a very serene and scenic route along the Lost Coast Road. As the adventurers began unloading their gear, the Caravan leader thanked them, and told them "Be safe, enjoy yourselves. Looks like we arrived just in time for the Swallowtail Festival to begin. I'd tell you to go find a nice inn to stay at, but I doubt you'll find anything open while the Festival is underway. Follow the sounds of cheering and you'll quickly find the new Cathedral being blessed today. Hurry on now! We can handle our jobs just fine here. Take care!" before resuming their businesses practices.

The five of you find your ways down a few long, winding streets making your way north towards a large Cathedral looming above the various wood-and-stone buildings near the south entrance to the village, where the caravan entered the city by crossing a long bridge. As you all make your way down a street labeled "High Street" by various signs, you crest a hill and see a sight that is all too welcoming after the days of empty roads you have crossed: People everywhere, music, dancing, stalls with merchants and vendors offering every kind of goods and foods and drinks (many of which are being given away for free!) Someone is finishing a speech on the top of a large stage constructed in front of a magnificent cathedral. Listening closely reveals that the speech is one of welcome and rejoicing, with a friendly and energetic tone. Though you all came up during the middle of the speech, it quickly becomes evident that the person speaking (a female human) is Mayor Deverin. As her speech concludes, she welcomes Sheriff Belor Hemlock to the stage to give another welcome speech, to much applause for both the Mayor and the Sheriff.

You find yourselves each standing on the edge of the celebration, with the stage to the east, and some stands selling goods just a few paces to the north. on the northernmost edge of the large space reserved for the festival, several games and contests appear to be being played, including one particularly large crowd around a very brightly displayed and multicolored wagon featuring flags and ribbons all around it. The crowd at this spot is half listening to the Sheriff speak, and half watching as a man attempts to play with some sort of strange metal-and-wood box.

What do each of you do?

Weikel
2014-08-09, 02:05 PM
Riker did a slow turn, taking in all the sights and sounds. "This is amazing! I've always lived not too far from Sandpoint, but I've never been here, let alone for a festival. I bet there are a lot of beautiful women here. Women I have yet to meet... Anyone care to join me? I want to see everything I can for the few gold pieces I have." Riker looks around at those who came into town with him, his smile disarmingly innocent, even though his desires may not be so. His expression inviting and promising a good time, somehow.

Cardea
2014-08-09, 03:43 PM
Valen laughed as he watched the spectacle before him. He turned to Riker, returning man's smile. "An empty stomach makes for empty endeavors. Let's fill ourselves first, ah? Who is with me?"

Burnheart
2014-08-09, 04:23 PM
Ulfgar takes in the sights of the festival with a slight smile and a hint of sadness in his eyes before replying to Valen without turning to face him "I will." he states then after a few moments pause he marches off towards the food stands.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-09, 06:33 PM
William looks admiringly around at all the festivities, unused to being around so many people doing so many things. "Food sounds good. Let's see what we can find. I want to see what those games are about afterward." He glances around him, and though he has packed away his other weapons, he keeps one hand on the dagger on his belt.

Syekate
2014-08-10, 04:34 PM
Rahazi takes a couple steps toward a pastry cart and sniffs at the air with a sneer. "This bread smells like flowers. Where is good meat? I would like to see the character of this city. Let us meet its people, Riker," she says, fairly oblivious to the warlord's intentions.

Weikel
2014-08-10, 04:44 PM
"Ah, but Rahazi, you can do both at the same time! Come, let's meet the people by the food stalls, and I can fill my stomach with whatever they have here. It may not be what either of us are used to, but I'm sure the food is worth a taste, maybe they'll have some kind of roasted meat. It's been far too long since I've had some good roasted pig." Riker says, throwing an arm around the large woman's shoulders and attempting to lead her towards the crowds by the food stalls. Given what he had already found out about the woman, it was likely a bad idea to touch her, but Riker nevertheless seemed completely confident and at ease, the smile on his face undiminished.

AngryCyc
2014-08-10, 04:45 PM
Much of the food is available free of charge. There are not many substantial meals yet, merely various tasty snacks, but amidst the chatter you make out that there is to be a rather extravagant lunch provided later on, free of charge. Some merchants do happen to be giving out small samples of more exotic fare however. Cheeses and wines, ambrosias, meat pies of rare and fantastic beasts, and even one fellow offering to sell bowls of some sort of food sold in large water punches labeled as "from the mermaids"... These things are all selling for enough to feed a family on simpler food for weeks however, and only the higher class seems to actually be purchasing. Many delight in the samples though.

While perusing the food merchants, the Sherriff continues a speech that seems to be more focused on urging safety and vigilance, especially around the bonfire planned for that evening... More so than the actual warm welcome that the Mayor had just espoused.

Syekate
2014-08-10, 09:00 PM
Tensed and bristling like a feral cat backed into a corner, Rahazi says, "Either you are removing arm, or I am." Without waiting for an answer, she pushes the offensive appendage away and begins walking in the direction Riker was taking them, toward the food carts. Perusing the free samples, she walks past the fancy cheeses and finer delicacies, chooses a bite-size morsel of meat pie and swallows it, barely stopping to chew. "This is not terrible." She reaches her hand, filthy from the traveling, to grab a few more samples.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-10, 09:53 PM
William hurries up behind Rahazi and speaks to the merchant peddling the meat pies. "Excuse our friend. She's a bit... Excuse us." He grabs a piece of meat pie for himself and hurries away before the merchant can raise too much of a fuss.

He does loop back around and tries a few types of cheese, though. Ultimately he hopes for some good roast meat later on.

Weikel
2014-08-10, 10:15 PM
Riker takes the rejection in stride, continuing on to the food stalls, sampling some of the meat pie, then striking up conversation with the man behind the stall. "This is delicious! Is this normal cuisine here, or is this special for the festival? This is the first time I've been to Sandpoint. What kinds of things does this festival entail? I can already see some games, but what's the most important thing to see, in your opinion?"

AngryCyc
2014-08-10, 10:44 PM
The "man" behind the counter turns to address and you see a beautiful, though quite lively a bit dangerous, looking woman. She has her hands quite full as many people are similarly flocking around for both her looks and her goods. She tells you, though, "Newcomers eh? Well if you like the food and haven't booked a place to stay yet, I hope you'll come check out my 'Rusty Dragon'. As for the festival, there's a much, MUCH bigger lunch that you'll see. And oh when they release the Swallowtails... That's certainly very exciting! I'm most excited for the dedication of the cathedral tonight at sundown, however." With that, she resumes talking to others.

Cardea
2014-08-11, 12:03 AM
Valen nudges Riker in the side, half-smiling, flicking his eyes to the woman. "Dedication ceremony? Sounds like something you'd enjoy, Riker!" He takes a small meat pie, pointing towards the Sheriff. "You know, we might want to get a listen in on what he's saying. Wouldn't want to miss something genuinely important."

rs2excelsior
2014-08-11, 12:16 AM
William frowns up at the sheriff on the speaking platform. He's never been one to pay too much mind to authority figures. Besides, all he seems to talk about is being safe at the bonfire... as if people can't be trusted with a simple fire! It's not like he would throw himself into the flames or anything.

Instead, he wanders over to where the contests are being held, hoping perhaps to find one where he can show off his skill with the bow.

Burnheart
2014-08-11, 04:10 AM
Ulfgar silently joins the others at the food stand, taking a few bits and nodding thanks to the people giving them out while scanning the crowd "And how much would that cost us?" he asks quietly when the woman mentions her inn.

AngryCyc
2014-08-11, 08:08 AM
A few snippets are caught from the Sherriff's speech, asking for respect for those who died in the fire that took the old Cathedral. He continues on to the end of his speech with the same gruff and dour attitude, but is sure to give a warm smile at the end as he says, almost as if he forgot, "And be sure to have fun." After some light applause, an announcement that the next speaker, Lonjiku Kaijitsu, is sick and will not be speaking today, is quickly rattled off by a young nervous looking boy. There's a bit of a lull in the crowd as people seem not-too-shocked by the news, but haven't recovered enough to know yet what to do about the empty spot on the stage. In mere seconds though, a roaring round of applause goes up as a handsome, well-dressed man seems to just appear in the center of the stage, completely and totally prepared for the limelight. A cry of "Cyrdak we love you!!" goes out from a few of the younger ladies in the crowd. The man quickly begins what appears to be a well-rehearsed speech, starting with a formal introduction signifying him as "Cyrdak Drokkus, playwright extraordinaire, diviner of the fine thespian arts... and a few other larger-than-life titles. Judging by the reaction from the crowd, this a much more welcome change from the expected Lonjiku. Cyrdak quickly goes into a rousing tale about the ordeal the town went through to gain the financial backing to construct this new cathedral... Even taking some time at the end of his speech to advertise his company, the Sandpoint Theatre, and the new production of "The Harpy's Curse" which would be opening soon with none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda playing the lead role as the Harpy Queen. Finally, and older Priest named Father Zantus steps up to finish the welcome speeches with a simple message that the festival is now officially underway. Immediately, all who were listening to the speeches begin spreading out, making their way to the various booths and carts that you each have been persuing. The crowd around each nearly doubles. Dancing and singing are occurring throughout the area.

William is very quick to find numerous games occurring, especially with the entire crowd of people now scattered about engaged in nearly all manner of entertainment. It's not long before he does in fact find an archery contest happening between a half dozen citizens, and even shorter after that, he is quickly dubbed the winner and best archer. He quickly finds out that the "prize" for this and most other games amounts to no more than bragging rights for the day, but the citizens of Sandpoint certainly take it a bit seriously, though always in a good-natured and light-hearted way. Many of the losers congratulate William on his victory and the skill with archery that he must have practiced much for. Nearly every other game and contest seems to end in a similar manner, with one exception.

The cart with the largest crowd has grown even larger still. Closing in on it (a difficult task with the size of the crowd) reveals a gnome smiling and bouncing around collecting silver pieces from folks waiting in a line, all watching one man up next to the cart who appears to be trying to wrestle with some sort of metal-and-wood box. A sign reads "OPEN THE PUZZLE BOX, CLAIM THE MAGIC RING! 5 silver/Attempt" and it appears that many have tried to open the puzzle box already to no avail. The crowd all eager cheer on whoever is attempting the box, and get extra loud as the pieces of the box spin and click, only to die back down when the box does not open itself up. The gnome is clearly making a large profit off the many attempts.

Ulfgar tries to ask more, but the lady is barely able to squeak out an answer of "1 gold per two nights!" before the rush of the crowd intensifies as the welcoming speeches conclude.

Weikel
2014-08-11, 09:07 AM
"Hmm, renting a room might be a good idea before they all fill up." Riker says thoughtfully while grabbing a couple pieces of cheese before listening to the activity at the stage for a moment. He gives a snort of derision at the pompous looking playwright. "What's so special about this guy? I'm better looking than he is..." Riker mutters before heading off towards the games, seemingly looking to prove himself, searching for the contest with the most women in the crowd and noting the crowd around the puzzle box. Directing himself there, then getting the attention of one of the crowd members. "What's the big deal with the puzzle box? What makes it difficult?"

Syekate
2014-08-11, 02:43 PM
"Well, I suppose we stay at Rusty Dragon tonight," says Rahazi once the cart woman's attention is entirely lost. Then the flamboyant playwright on stage catches the corner of her eye. "That man looks like bread cart smells," she mutters. Wandering toward the competitions, she watches as William wins at archery, and gives him a hearty clap on the back in congratulation. Keeping an eye out for potential feats of strength, she tends to stay on the outskirts of larger crowds until she finds something that really catches her attention.

Cardea
2014-08-11, 02:50 PM
Valen catches the woman's attention, slapping five gold towards her. "Valen Mandraiv, scholar. Two nights for each me and my comrades." He smiles once the money changes hands, and walks over to the puzzle box. He stares at it, at people trying to solve it, and tries to work it out in his head.

Intelligence Check to try and figure it out. If I succeed, I'll pay 5 silver to try. [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-11, 03:09 PM
Waiting in line, Valen observes the others before him as they all attempt to open the box as well. From a rudimentary investigation of the box, it appears to be a mechanical contraption of some kind that is simply very difficult to unlock. Finally he gets to the front of the line and the gnome holds out a bag to place the money in, saying "Fancy a try then? You look smart enough to unlock the magic ring hidden inside!"

Goaded a bit into it, Valen quickly finds intelligence is not what will be needed to open the box. Upon a closer inspection, and some loose fumbling, he figures out that it's mainly just a series of locks, possibly combination locks, which each seem to change combination based on what was last entered. 3 separate "parts" of the box seem to need to be unlocked at the same time, or they each reset themselves. Having tested a few twists and pulls on the mechanical aspects of the box, Valen thinks he knows WHAT he must do, and attempts to actually go about doing it.

I'm going to need 3 Disable Device rolls please.

Cardea
2014-08-11, 06:11 PM
Valen smiles at the gnome. "Sure thing. Maybe I'm half as clever as I think I am, aye?" Valen sets down a gold piece to the gnome, and attempts at the box, trying to work the box before the resets.

Two attempts.

One: [roll0]
Two: [roll1]
Three: [roll2]

One: [roll3]
Two: [roll4]
Three: [roll5]

Edit: :smallsmile:

AngryCyc
2014-08-11, 06:24 PM
With some whirs and some clacks, the moving parts of the box whiz and spin around... Only to come to an inglorious stop.

"I guess not. Who's up next?? Come try your hand at the amazing puzzle box, and win a MAGICAL RING!"

Cardea
2014-08-11, 06:39 PM
Valen laughs, excited at this new challenge. If no one else attempts the box, Valen tries again. "This Mandraiv never lets a challenge get the best of him! Your challenge is set."

If no one else tries, Valen keeps trying. Ten tries, five gold.

One: [roll6]
Two: [roll7]
Three: [roll8]

One: [roll9]
Two: [roll10]
Three: [roll11]

One: [roll12]
Two: [roll13]
Three: [roll14]

One: [roll15]
Two: [roll16]
Three: [roll17]

One: [roll18]
Two: [roll19]
Three: [roll20]

One: [roll21]
Two: [roll22]
Three: [roll23]

One: [roll24]
Two: [roll25]
Three: [roll26]

One: [roll27]
Two: [roll28]
Three: [roll29]

AngryCyc
2014-08-11, 06:55 PM
Though there is still a line behind him of would-be attempters, the crowd is a bit excited to see so much money being thrown out. Even those immediately behind Valen in line wait and watch as he fails again, and again, and again...

Cardea
2014-08-11, 07:30 PM
Ten more tries, Valen makes.

One: [roll6]
Two: [roll7]
Three: [roll8]

One: [roll9]
Two: [roll10]
Three: [roll11]

One: [roll12]
Two: [roll13]
Three: [roll14]

One: [roll15]
Two: [roll16]
Three: [roll17]

One: [roll18]
Two: [roll19]
Three: [roll20]

One: [roll21]
Two: [roll22]
Three: [roll23]

One: [roll24]
Two: [roll25]
Three: [roll26]

One: [roll27]
Two: [roll28]
Three: [roll29]

AngryCyc
2014-08-11, 07:32 PM
The gnome smiles ever more gleefully at the quickly growing pot of money he has collected, before someone behind Valen calls out "Alright, high-roller, you've had your fun... let the rest of us have a chance now, eh?"

The box has bested Valen.

Syekate
2014-08-11, 08:11 PM
By now Rahazi has found herself mingled into the ever-growing crowd as Valen spends a fortune on a fruitless escapade. She spies the sign, and, influenced by her companion's failure, gets in line to try her hand at the box. Depositing her 5 silver with the greedy little gnome, she takes the box in hand and says, "Is time for new strategy. You do not fiddle with walnut to open. You SMASH!" With all her force, she brings the box crashing against the paved ground in an attempt to break it open.

Strength check to break the box open? [roll0]

Weikel
2014-08-11, 08:17 PM
Riker approaches Valen, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't let it get to you Valen. It's probably not meant to be opened at all. I may be a goodhearted and naive farm boy, but I know a scam when I see one." Just as he says this, he hears Rahazi's words and a loud slamming sound as she tries to break the box.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-12, 02:18 AM
William laughs to himself at Valen's determination and Rahazi's directness, moving to observe the outcome of this latest attempt. "Why don't you try that greataxe? That'd open it right good," he calls, only half joking. The other half wants to see her hacking at a small metal box.

Burnheart
2014-08-12, 06:45 AM
"Is this small insignificant little box really worth all this effort to open?" Ulfgar asks with a shake of his head.

AngryCyc
2014-08-12, 07:42 AM
A gasp and a cheer go out from the crowd, but the box bounces off the ground relatively unharmed. It appears to be structurally sound. The gnome cuts a half-second glare before returning to his crowd-pleasing smile and quickly ushers the next challenger up.

Suddenly a loud bell rings. People look around hastily, quickly ending whatever games or sports they were engaged in. All the businesses in town have put away all samples and lower-quality foods they were trying to sell. Lunch had begun.

It was a literal feast. Every single type of extravagant food imaginable was sitting, free of charge, ready to be devoured. The entire congregation quickly set about feasting themselves. One corner appeared to have a fancier air to it, as the foods were top-notch. A brief study shows that the citizens are judging these foods, and it appears each business brought it's best dish possible to compete against the others. The smells wafting through the air fill every mouth with the desire to satiate themselves on the rich foods available.

After the smaller, less-filling samples this morning, this lunch-time feast is miles above in comparison and it's not long until the entire party has stuffed their faces, quickly pushing their defeat at the hands of an inanimate object out of their minds at least until after they have engorged themselves.

Anyone who takes the time to try a bit of everything finds that a certain curry-spiced salmon and winterdrop mead easily beats everything else available. The food has been provided by the same fine-looking woman of the Rusty Dragon from before. However her success at cooking has earned her a few dirty looks from a business labeled "The White Deer" who themselves made an alright peppercorn venison. Other than them, though, nearly every other business in Sandpoint is quick to lable Ameiko Kaijitsu(evidently the name of the lass) as the clear winner, though the Hagfish had a lobster chowder that was easily second best.

After lunch, a few more hours of excitement occur, especially when the cleric from before brings out a covered wagon and, after a short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nurses back to health by a blind child, the child was transformed into an immortal butterfly for her aid. As the tale ends, the covers of the wagon pull back to release thousands and thousands of swallowtail butterflies, who stream into the air in a spiraling riot of color.

Finally, the sun starts to approach the horizon as the day comes to an end. A few more contests have been won by the members of the party, and everyone is starting to grow tired. Father Zantus takes the stage as the sun begins to set, and using a Thunderstone, draws the attention of everyone so that he might begin the consecration. He clears his throat to begin the blessings.

What do you do?

Cardea
2014-08-12, 09:43 AM
"Oh, I'm not disheartened in the slightest. Gold comes and goes." Valen says, as he rejoins his travelling companions. As the thunderstone booms, he whispers hastily. "Speaking of, I've covered the expense of rented rooms for the five of us. Two nights each, with the woman who had the meat pies."

rs2excelsior
2014-08-12, 03:02 PM
William nods his appreciation to Valen for arranging lodgings for us and wanders over to where Father Zantus is speaking, trying to watch the consecration ceremonies.

Weikel
2014-08-12, 03:21 PM
"Very generous of you Valen. I haven't known you long, but for what it's worth I already feel I can count you among my friends." As the ceremony seems to begin, Riker looks to the other, saying quietly to those within hearing. "Can't say I've ever been one for religion. I have no problems with it, but back home the only God my folks paid any heed to was Erastil, who holds sway over farming and hunting, but I just never got very invested in it. I guess this ceremony will at least give me a little more insight into what religion really means to people."

Syekate
2014-08-12, 07:08 PM
"YOU, Valen, you are good friend. You are all good friend! The priest on stage, he speaks of Gozreh! Only god for Rahazi is Gozreh. All things come from nature, so why worship anything else, I ask?" Rahazi's eyes flutter in tiredness for a second, then snap open again. "Is time for new drink. Waiter! Bring more of mead for myself and friends here!" she directs to the nearest person who looks like they might be capable of fulfilling such a request.

Fortitude save: [roll0]

Burnheart
2014-08-12, 11:31 PM
"And all things pass to The Lady of Graves eventually, so spare her a thoguht or two." Ulfgar replies quietly whilst he touches the back of his left hand, if someone looks they'll see a dark spiral shape through his fingers "Now let us step closer to the stand and listen." he adds still speaking in a low quiet voice.

AngryCyc
2014-08-12, 11:45 PM
A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the
excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray
dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and
the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn
toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken
the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a
woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another
scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new
voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human.
The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with
disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses
with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around
its head, the raucous sound of a strange song (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KwgOwMVTxec)begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

The shape that races by and killed the dog is hiding at the edge if a wagon... A single goblin licking blood from its dog slicer as it looks excitedly at the crowd, seeking out a new target.

You're all gathered around the stage, about 50 feet away from the whatever is happening, with lots of people around and in the way.

We're going on block initiative here. The enemies move all at once, then each of you... So post in whatever order you want, and then enemies will post, and then you can post again in whatever order. Initiative is mainly for surprise/first move type stuff. First round of combat is officially here. Please post actions as combat. Move man can be basic descriptions, as discussed in the first post.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-13, 12:03 AM
"Well, crap."

Start off with that Perception roll (I'm guessing we're supposed to roll this before checking the spoiler tag):

[roll0]

No time to string the longbow and the dagger won't do much good, so William draws my scimitar from his pack. Holding the wickedly curved blade aloft, he leaps forward with a shout, pushing through panicked crowds running the other way.

Apparently I can't do rolls on an edit, so I'll hold off rolling attack and damage unless I get word that I can reach the goblin this round.

Weikel
2014-08-13, 12:10 AM
An look crosses Riker's face, for a second you can see glee and then serious determination. "First night in the city and I already get my chance." Riker says quietly before raising his voice to a shout, it easily carrying across the square. "I am Riker Cassano, warrior and future hero. Stand aside citizens, your savior has arrived!" With that, Riker pulls from his back a massive two handed sword. One side of the weapon is extremely sharp, the other square and thick. The weapon is easily larger than a young child, yet he seems to wield it as though it were weightless. With his weapon now exposed, Riker moves towards the source of the commotion, calling out for those in his way to move. While he moves, he seems to hold his weapon in front of himself, providing as slim a target as he can behind his blade.

If it would help to move the crowd (I don't know if it fits or not, so if it doesn't, just ignore it), here's a diplomacy check:[roll0]
Perception check:[roll1]
I'm assuming the crowd will hamper me enough to not get there this turn, but I intend to get as close as I can. Given I'm more than a single move action away, I'll take as much of a double move action as necessary to close to melee range, if I can get that far.
Also, swift action to go into Scarlet Zweihander stance (+2 dodge bonus and +1d6 to damage on attacks)

Burnheart
2014-08-13, 02:23 AM
At the sound of goblin chanting a grim, determind expression settles on Ulfgars face "Aw hell." he mutters before stepping forward into the middle of the crowd stopping half way between where we were standing and the source of the commotion, then raising his left hand into the air above his head "Lady Pharasma grant these people the strength to fight for their homes." as he prays to his goddess a soft purple glow shines from the spiral patten upon the back of his hand before a wave of energy rolls out across the crowd.

Seeing the goblin crouched by the wagon Ulfgar points to it "There."

Perception [roll0]

moving forward and casting bless (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bless) on everyone who isn't a goblin.

Cardea
2014-08-13, 03:35 AM
Valen calls out to the goblin underneath the wagon. "Hello! Terribly sorry about this!"* He points finger at the Goblin, shooting a ray of cold at it.

Ray of Frost
Ranged Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Syekate
2014-08-13, 07:51 AM
Rahazi's first thought is, "Catchy tune." Then she sees the goblin near the dead dog. Why did it kill the dog? Just because it has a dogslicer doesn't mean it has to slice dogs! The follower of Gozreh is angered now. "Come here, puny runty goblin meat!" she shouts as she hoists the great axe strapped to her back. She pushes toward the goblin through the writhing mass of people. "EVERYBODY MOVE!"

Intimidate check to try to influence the crowd to part for me, if applicable. [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-13, 08:24 AM
As everyone starts trying to move towards the goblin, several more
Goblins make an appearance. They seem to have been hiding in the wagon and now all jump out to marvel at the dead dog that the first one had killed. Wide grins bedeck their faces as they ready their weapons, looking out at the crowd of scared people. They start moving towards people, slashing at them, laughing, jumping at things, and in general just having a playful time with the matter.

The party closes the distance though. A few civilians had been slashed at but it only looks like superficial injuries had been dealt. People are fleeing and scattering away now, rushing to hikes and buildings to lick themselves in.

You're all within 20 ft of 3 goblins in the northwest corner of the street. Only a few people are around he immediate vicinity of the goblins, as most have fleed or are fleeing. The sound of goblins all throughout the city is clear though as more screams and sounds of fighting are heard down other streets.

Weikel
2014-08-13, 08:46 AM
Riker closes the last of the 20 ft to the goblins. "You have chosen the wrong day, foul creatures! Today will see your death and all goblins shall rue the day that any encountered Riker Cassano. All who witness, remember the name, for you will later speak of the first time you saw me do battle!" With that, he brings his massive blade to bear.

Riker swings blade left to right, striking at two goblins, the sheer power of the blow bringing it across the both of them with incredible strength. Initiate Scything Strike, targeting two of the Goblins. One attack roll against two enemies.

Riker closes on one of them, bringing his sword down into a powerful overhead swing. Initiating Crushing Blow. One attack with +1d6 damage and has a chance to make opponent flat footed with a Fort DC of 11+Initiator Modifier (I believe that is Charisma, if I understand the system correctly, thus DC 15)

Using Power attack under either of the above two scenarios. Here is a single attack roll that works for either situation.
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage if hit:[roll1]+[roll2] (Scarlet Zweihander) +if using Crushing Blow [roll3]
The text was unclear on whether to apply the same damage rolls to both for Scything strike, but it says to use the same attack roll. If you think I should use different damage rolls, let me know and I'll roll another one.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-13, 11:19 AM
Sprinting the last 20 feet, William tries to taunt the goblins, hoping to draw them toward himself rather than the fleeting civilians. He shouts in their foul language, "Come on, you little green bastards! Or are you too afraid to fight someone who'll fight back?" With that, he rushes forward beside Riker, bringing his blade down on the nearest goblin.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Cardea
2014-08-13, 11:37 AM
"Now hold on! I am sure we can come to a reasonable solution here!" Valen says, slowly walking towards the Goblins. He reaches his hand out, shooting multicolored lights at the largest grouping of them, without trying to hurt his companions. "That solution is to scream and curse as you fall down!"

Color Spray on the Goblins. DC 15 Will negates.

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for [roll0] rounds, then blinded and stunned for [roll1] rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.

AngryCyc
2014-08-13, 12:19 PM
Two goblins fall, unconscious.

Burnheart
2014-08-13, 12:57 PM
Ulfgar remains where he is, unslinging his mace and carefully scanning the streets for sign of more goblins nearby.

Drawing his weapon and rolling a perception check to see if he can spot more goblins sneaking around.

Perception [roll0]

Syekate
2014-08-13, 01:48 PM
With a guttural battle cry, Rahazi charges at the goblin still standing, swinging her great axe for impact as she moves.

Charging attack: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-13, 02:05 PM
People are still running away, but now the street is fairly deserted. Sounds of battle still rage elsewhere as it appears the town guard is actively fighting goblins all around other streets, if the sounds are to be believed.

But here, the party has managed to put down the three goblins before they were able to do much harm. The two goblins still lay unconscious though. The third lies in a puddle of its own internal organs.

Burnheart
2014-08-13, 02:52 PM
After the third goblin falls Ulfgar strides over to the others "Finish those two off quickly, we need to deal with the others still attacking the town."

Weikel
2014-08-13, 03:03 PM
"Helpless or not, for your actions you deserve death." Riker calls out as he brings his blade down onto one of the two unconscious goblins.
Coup de grace on one of the two downed enemies. [roll0]+[roll1] (Scarlet Zweihander) + [roll2](coup de grace critical damage)

Syekate
2014-08-13, 03:07 PM
"Dead men tell no tales," Rahazi says, procuring a long silk rope from her pack. "We tie them now, they talk later. Never waste good prisoner." The inquisitor begins restraining one of the goblins, using a series of complex knots. She is unfazed by Riker's action on the one goblin so long as the other prisoner is left alive.

Mind if I use the Survival skill to roll for knot strength? If not, I can reroll with another skill/ability. If that works for the DM: [roll0]

rs2excelsior
2014-08-13, 03:21 PM
William sheathes his scimitar and draws his longbow, quickly stringing it and nocking an arrow. He jumps up onto the wagon, scanning the area around them for more goblins who could use some arrows delivered point-first.

Perception Roll: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-13, 03:39 PM
Tie Up

If you have your target pinned, otherwise restrained, or unconscious, you can use rope to tie him up. This works like a pin effect, but the DC to escape the bonds is equal to 20 + your Combat Maneuver Bonus (instead of your CMD). The ropes do not need to make a check every round to maintain the pin. If you are grappling the target, you can attempt to tie him up in ropes, but doing so requires a combat maneuver check at a –10 penalty. If the DC to escape from these bindings is higher than 20 + the target's CMB, the target cannot escape from the bonds, even with a natural 20 on the check.

As the final knots are added to the bindings on the goblin, a sudden plume of smoke and fire erupts from a cart to the south of the stage, some 80 feet away!

Cardea
2014-08-13, 03:56 PM
Valen moves towards the fire and holds a hand out, grasping at the fire. A downpour falls down in the cart. "That goblin will be out for some time. We should move to find more in help."

I cast Drench (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/rare-cantrips) to put out the cart. DC 14 Reflex.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-13, 04:20 PM
William scans the area around the cart for goblins, maybe some running to avoid the Drench spell. His bow comes up and the arrow draws back, ready to fly toward a target at a moment's notice.

Perception Roll (if applicable): [roll0]
Attack Roll (if I find something): [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Weikel
2014-08-13, 04:31 PM
Riker lifts his blade out of the body and turns towards the explosion, moving swiftly in that direction, blade low and in front of him, constantly looking for threats.

Perception check:[roll0]
Use both actions to move 60 ft towards the other cart. If Riker sees a threat closer he'll divert his move in that direction.

AngryCyc
2014-08-13, 04:48 PM
Around the backside of the cart are four more goblins, each squealing with delight as they watch the contents of the cart (the fuel for tonight's bonfire) erupt in flames. One of the goblins appears to be one of the ones singing their little song. They are all too busy trying to light the cart more on fire (somehow) using their torches.

Syekate
2014-08-13, 07:24 PM
Having just finished restraining the goblin prisoner, Rahazi stands up with axe in hand and rushes to Riker's aid. Not having time to clean it, clots of congealing blood run down the blade with little plops on the earth below.

Picking up weapon after tying down the goblin as a move action, and then moving as close to the goblins as I can with the rest of my action, so probably end up around 60 feet away from them.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-13, 09:27 PM
Seeing the goblins behind the cart, William quickly moves so that he can get a clear shot with his bow. "Desna, I hate goblins," he mutters.

Move action to go up to 30ft--enough to get a shot at one of the goblins. If I can't get a shot with one move action, use a second. Try to get a bit closer as well--maybe 60-70 foot range.

Assuming I can get a clear shot:
Attack Roll: [roll0] (thanks for the Bless Ulfgar)
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Burnheart
2014-08-14, 05:16 AM
Ulfgar runs toward the burning cart as fast as he can seeking to prevent more carnage.

Just a double move forward so i'd be close but not able to attack yet.

AngryCyc
2014-08-14, 09:37 AM
As the goblins see new foes running at them, and arrows flying past, they shriek in glee and immediately charge at the new threat. One of them charges straight at Ulfen, while a second one slides past Ulfen to get on his opposite side where they both start trying to set him on fire, striking with their torches.

Charge attack from first goblin [roll0]
Confirm crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2] +1 fire
Crit [roll3] +1 fire

Acrobatics from second goblin to move without AoO [roll4] DC your CMD
Attack from second goblin [roll5]
Confirm crit [roll6]
Damage [roll7] +1 fire
Crit [roll8] +1 fire

Simultaneously, something similar happens to Riker. One goblin charges at him, but the second doesn't come all the way to him. Instead this fourth goblin runs up to within 10 ft of Riker, and with a pause in the music she was singing, calls out loudly something in goblin while pointing at Riker.

Hideous Laughter, DC 12 will save

Charge attack from first goblin [roll9]
Confirm crit [roll10]
Damage [roll11] +1 fire
Crit [roll12] +1 fire

Burnheart
2014-08-14, 10:01 AM
Ulfgar swings at the goblin moving past him but the creature just ducks under his blow and strikes him from behind with its torch while he bats aside the charging goblins wild swing. Grunting at the burning wound in his back Ulfgar steps back away from the goblin that charged him and tries to cave in the skull of the goblin that stuck him a few moments ago which sadly fails as the little brute again nimbly avoids the attack.

5ft step so Ulfgars not flanked anymore then an attack on the goblin that wounded him
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Weikel
2014-08-14, 10:01 AM
Riker sways to the side just in time for his opponents swing to find empty space. As the goblin calls out in his direction, Riker laughs for a moment, but it becomes all too clear in a moment that he is amused, not compelled, to laugh. "Foolish goblin, your words mean nothing to me!" he calls out as he brings his blade down into his foe in a powerful overhand swing.

I assumed that I didn't use Crushing Blow on the other goblin so I'm going to use it now. If I'm wrong about that tell me and I'll change it.
Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]
DC 15 Fort save or flat footed

Syekate
2014-08-14, 02:41 PM
Frustrated that the battle has started without her, Rahazi raises her axe and quickens her pace for another charging attack. "Your actions bring your end upon you!" she shouts in orc, and she almost shimmers with protective aura.

Swift action: Judgement Protection: +1 AC sacred bonus
Full action: Charging at the goblin that was flanking Ulfgar. Correct me if wrong, but I believe Ulfgar and Riker were each 60ft toward the cart, while I was 20ft, making us 40ft apart, so to charge and flank the goblin that stabbed Ulfgar in the back should be doable.
Attack: [roll0]

rs2excelsior
2014-08-14, 05:34 PM
Realizing his new friends are in trouble, William returns his longbow to the sheath and charges the nearest Goblin, once again drawing his wicked scimitar.

Sheath the longbow, if I can, drop it otherwise. I'm ~60 feet from the wagon, so I should be able to reach one goblin. I have quick draw so I can move the full 60 feet and draw my weapon.

+2 Attack, -2 AC

Cardea
2014-08-14, 06:12 PM
Valen points a finger at the Goblin, shooting out small beam of frost.

Ray of Frost.
Ranged Touch: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-14, 07:11 PM
One of the goblins takes a ferocious blow, followed by tiny icicle knocking him to the ground unconscious. The smiles fall from the remaining three goblins' faces. Two of them switch to using their dog slicers instead of torches, and the third lashes out with her whip trying to lash it around Riker's feet.

First against Ulfen
Attack from first goblin [roll0]
Confirm crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Then a trip attempt against Riker
Attack [roll4]

And then attack against Riker
Attack [roll5]
Confirm crit [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Crit [roll8]

rs2excelsior
2014-08-14, 08:14 PM
William runs over to Riker, trying to draw attention away from him, and bringing down his scimitar overhead with as much force as he can muster. "Get up! I've got this one!" he shouts, immediately followed by a stream of insults in Goblin.

I assume I take an attack of opportunity from moving since he has reach, but I can still finish my move and make my attack. And if I get AoO'd, I believe that lets Riker stand up without taking one, unless the Goblin has combat reflexes.

Syekate
2014-08-14, 08:24 PM
Satisfied by her opponent's fall, Rahazi takes a split second to assess the situation. Riker down, but with William to help. Ulfgar is bleeding with another opponent to face. That seems like a reasonable target at this juncture. She moves to hack at the goblin bearing down on our favorite cleric with grim determination. Unfortunately, her swing does not take into account the puny disgusting stature of goblin folks, and the axe whistles over the little devil's head.

Crit Conf: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Weikel
2014-08-14, 08:51 PM
The whip pulls Riker's feet from underneath him and he falls heavily to the ground. Not wasting a moment, Riker rises to his feet, just too late to be able to do anything to the nearer goblin. "Just two left. Let's take them down!" With that, Riker moves to the singing goblin, resuming his prior defensive stance.

Burnheart
2014-08-15, 06:23 AM
Letting out a hiss of pain when one of the other goblins slices him with a vicious looking blade Ulfgar once more raise his left hand whilst muttering "Lady guard your servents mortal flesh." and with that his wounds seem to close and he flashes a grim smile at the remaining goblins.

spontaneously cast Cure light wounds on himself. [roll0]

Cardea
2014-08-15, 09:28 PM
"I thought these sorts of towns were all about doing nothing and living easily!" Valen says, raising his hand at the goblin with a whip. "Did no one tell them this?"

Ray of Frost

AngryCyc
2014-08-15, 09:50 PM
With a shriek, the goblin drops the whip. Her hands glow for a second as she mends the wound from the ice, before pulling out a bow to aim at her assailants. The other goblin keeps swinging with his dog slicer, probably unaware that he is not fighting dogs.

CLW, duh.

And [roll0]
Confirm crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Syekate
2014-08-16, 07:33 AM
Rahazi continues hacking at the dogslicer goblin, hoping that if she swings enough, a blow will eventually land.

short attack post because typing on a phone is a pain.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Weikel
2014-08-16, 08:22 AM
Riker swings wildly at the goblin as it's hands glow, but his blow goes right over the goblin's head. Without turning the blade, Riker sweeps the back of it low into the beasts feet.

Swift action to declare use of sweeping gambit.
Trip attempt:[roll0] (cmb+improved trip+cha mod from sweeping gambit)
If successful, gain an immediate attack of opportunity, adding cha to damage and recover all manuevers.
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]+[roll3]
If failed, recover Crushing blow and take a -2 on d20 rolls for one round.

Burnheart
2014-08-16, 09:11 AM
After the goblin facing him cuts a ragged gash in his side Ulfgar bellows and brings his mace down in an over the shoulder blow aimed at the goblins skull.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cardea
2014-08-16, 11:08 AM
"Really? No one? I know this is a very serious situation we have right here, but some laughter is the best treatment, is it not? Hey! You! The one that had the whip! That injury looks awful. Better put some ice on that!" Valen shouts, shooting another piece of ice at the same goblin.

Ray of Frost!

rs2excelsior
2014-08-16, 08:25 PM
William laughs at Valen's comment. "Very funny, wizard. But the only language these things understand is that of steel. Maybe I can relay your message for you..." He closes the distance to the now bow-wielding Goblin, his scimitar lashing out against it.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-16, 08:27 PM
Confirming critical: [roll0]
Additional damage: [roll1]

AngryCyc
2014-08-16, 08:42 PM
The war chanter's head goes rolling off her body, as the last remaining goblin strikes out with as much fury as he can muster at the one who just slaughtered his leader. He charges at William in fury, trying to slash him to pieces.

Charge!! [roll0]
Confirm crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]fire
Crit [roll3]

Weikel
2014-08-16, 09:07 PM
Riker moves to the last goblin, bringing his blade down overhanded at the goblin. "Join your comrades!"

Initiate Crushing Blow
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2] (Scarlet Zweihander and Crushing Blow) Fort DC 15 or become flat footed

rs2excelsior
2014-08-16, 10:09 PM
William jumps back, narrowly avoiding the blade, swinging his own at his assailant. "You will harm no more innocent people, foul beast!" he shouts in Goblin as the scimitar whistles past the tiny creature's head.

(Confirm crit: [roll1])
Damage: [roll2]
(Critical damage: [roll3])

Syekate
2014-08-17, 07:17 AM
AoO for goblin leaving Ulfgar and Rahazi:
Crit conf: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll3]

"You will NOT ESCAPE ME!" She shouts at the charging goblin, chasing it down.

Using a charge attack to flank the goblin with the person it just attacked.
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Crit conf: [roll6]
Crit damage: [roll7]

AngryCyc
2014-08-17, 07:22 AM
The goblin dodges several more blows, successfully making many of the party look entirely incompetent with weapons, but fortunately after it's last strike, it is knocked down and does not rise back up. The immediate goblin menace seems resolved in this area, at least for now.

Burnheart
2014-08-17, 07:42 AM
After checking his wound Ulfgar listens for further sounds of conflict in the streets of sandport.

perception [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-17, 08:20 AM
Here and there, the sounds of battle, clanging swords, calls of support by the town guard, and shrieking and singing goblins echoes through the streets. You even notice one goblin leap from a rooftop only to break his neck on the landing.

But a sudden scream pierces the air from the norther end of the street! Frantic barking can be heard as well as cries for help.

Burnheart
2014-08-17, 08:36 AM
Head snapping round at the sound of nearby screams Ulfgar starts moving towards them immeditely "We're not finished yet, lets move."

Weikel
2014-08-17, 08:44 AM
"Right, sounds like somebody needs our help." With that, Riker heads in the direction of the sounds, ignoring the few dying goblins they left in their wake.

Cardea
2014-08-17, 10:27 AM
Valen breaks out into a run with the others, hiking up his robes so as not to trip. "Come to the lovely village of Sandpoint! Meat pies! Tricky Puzzle boxes! Goblin raids! Rahazi, did you tie that unconscious Goblin to something, or did you just tie him up to himself?"

rs2excelsior
2014-08-17, 12:30 PM
"You all go ahead, I'll catch up!" William shouts as he turns around and runs back the way they came, sheathing the blood-stained scimitar as he went. He picks up the goblin that Rahazi had tied up. "We don't want any of your friends finding you and setting you free," he says as he lifts the goblin into the cart, hastily covering him, before sprinting back to join his comrades. He draws his longbow and readies an arrow as he goes.

I'll be using the run action over this and the next few rounds. That should make this doable.

Syekate
2014-08-18, 07:54 AM
"I tied hands and feet behind back. Little devil will have to bounce home to escape. Thank you, William!" Rahazi calls as she breaks into a run with the others, trying to keep up despite her heavier and cumbersome armor.

AngryCyc
2014-08-18, 08:23 AM
Running up the street a ways, there is the northern gate of the city, and before it "The White Deer Inn". In front of the inn, a goblin commando riding the back of a disgusting, vile looking goblin dog (more rat than dog really) is fighting a bloody hunting dog. The goblin dog quickly races around the dog while the commando fires arrows at it. Nearby, a noble looking man cowers and hides behind a rain barrel.

Commando attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

A final arrow pierces the dog, sending it crashing to the ground. A goblin cheer goes up from around the building where several others had been hiding while the commando fought the dog. They now all come out to cheer at the dead dog, playing with it's body and dancing around it.

Roll perception, and keep the same initiative as last time. You have a surprise round while they are distracted though. 80 ft away from the goblins. 3 goblins, 1 commando on goblin dog.

Weikel
2014-08-18, 08:31 AM
Perception:[roll0] I'm assuming I need to meet some DC to be able to act in the surprise round?

Burnheart
2014-08-18, 09:42 AM
Seeing the goblins ahead Ulfgar mutters "Lady guard us." as a wave of healing energy bursts out of him.

Channel energy so everyone within 30ft gets [roll0] hp back.

perception heck [roll1]

rs2excelsior
2014-08-18, 02:52 PM
William slows down, finding a clear line of sight. He draws his bow, wood creaking as the fletching of the arrow brushes his cheek. He lines the arrow up with the goblin's vile dog and releases it, watching it spring toward its target and bury itself in the thing's flesh.

Move forward 30ft, finding cover if I can, then shoot an arrow.

Perception check: [roll0]
Attack roll: [roll1]
(Confirm Crit: [roll2])
Damage roll: [roll3]
(Additional damage: [roll4])

AngryCyc
2014-08-18, 03:15 PM
The arrow arches through the air, a slight whistle heard as it travels towards the beast. Whether by a trick of the light or just a chance passing that nobody had noticed before, as everyone watches the arrow soar, a butterfly appears to fly off from son here incredibly close to the path of the arrow. More than likely it had been there all along and merely the arrow had drawn attention to it, but it was almost as if the butterfly itself had sprang forth into existence as the arrow passed.

Heartbeats later, the arrow explodes through the chest of the goblin dog. The arrow enters and exits in one straight motion, rocketing chunks of heart and viscera out against some of the other goblins. The goblin dog, dead before it hit the ground, lands with a loud thud on it's belly, before rolling slowly over and pinning the commando's leg underneath it.

I like impressive criticals.

Weikel
2014-08-18, 03:31 PM
Riker sees the arrow fly. "Nice shot William!" Moving up closer to the goblins, Riker slows down a bit watching the goblins closely in case they should rush at him.

Riker moves up 30'.

Syekate
2014-08-18, 07:24 PM
Rahazi jogs up to stand side-by-side with Riker. "I like your sword. Reminds me of my people. Let us see how well you use it," she says with a grin.

Two move actions to get up to Riker.
Perception: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-08-18, 07:54 PM
Two of the goblins begin trying to pull the dead goblin dog off their apparent leader, while he barks orders at them. The third goblin looks around confusedly and then charges straight at William, being the only creature around holding a bow. The goblin slashes at his legs with a dog slicer.

There was little to no cover on this street. It's pretty much a straight stretch of road with buildings. Maybe a rain barrel scattered around but nothing substantial.
Charge attack from first goblin [roll0]
Confirm crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Weikel
2014-08-18, 08:09 PM
Riker nods appreciatively at Rahazi before turning back to the goblins. "Let's keep them in chaos." Riker says before charging at one of the two trying to help their leader.

Initiating Panthera on the Hunt to make a charge attack. (+2 on charge attack, no attacks of opportunity) Also using a swift action to attempt a Brave Gambit. (+Cha to charge attack, if successful, get back all maneuvers and all allies get +Cha to damage for next single attack) Also making it a power attack.
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

rs2excelsior
2014-08-18, 08:49 PM
Stepping out of the way of the goblin's hasty swing, William drops his longbow and draws his scimitar once again, swinging it out of the scabbard and toward the goblin in one smooth motion.

(Confirm crit: [roll1])
(Critical damage: [roll3]

Cardea
2014-08-18, 08:59 PM
"That was brilliant!" Valen shouts, as he stops his approach. "And I think we should pull the curtains on this, shouldn't we?" He whips his arm into a snap, focusing on a point above the Goblins.

Casting Sleep; I want to affect as many Goblins as I can, possibly the Commando as well, if I can hit him and other non-Commando Goblins. DC 15.

Burnheart
2014-08-18, 10:32 PM
Ulfgar trots forward, still behind the others but ready to heal them if needed.

Double move action so he'd be 20ft away from most of the goblins.

Syekate
2014-08-19, 07:40 AM
Rahazi maneuvers herself to the backside of the goblin that just charged William and lashes out at it.

If possible to do with 20 ft of movement, I flank the goblin with William. If that applies, please add +2 to the attack roll. Otherwise, just placing my character towards the goblin's back half, so I am about 40 feet from the dead dog and other goblins.
Crit Conf: [roll1]
Crit: [roll3]

AngryCyc
2014-08-20, 05:58 AM
The goblin commando jumps up, the other two goblins having helped him wedge his leg out from under his dead mount. He surveys the scene quickly, still a bit unsure of what had happened exactly in the confusion. Looking out though, his face falters a bit. As he rises to a standing position, he can very clearly see 5 able soldiers fighting against him, one of his goblins laying in the road nearly cut in half with his eyes blank and empty and unblinking, and as he turns to order the two goblins nearest him he watches them both drop straight to the ground, obviously asleep.

The commando looks into the face of the nearest longshank, stares hard into his eyes, pulls back the string of his bow and sends an arrow the short 8 or so feet distance between them right for his eyes.

Firing a bow at Riker, because he likes to charge things a lot and be the closest person for some reason:
Attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Syekate
2014-08-20, 07:28 AM
"Witness the power of Gorzeh's voice!" Rahazi shouts as she moves toward the only standing goblin. She takes a deep breath of air in, and appears to start screaming, only no noise can be heard by anyone but the commando. To the goblin, the sound is so high-pitched and loud it is brain-rattling. As her spell begins, the holy symbol burned onto her chest smolders like a dying ember.

Moving forward 20ft, so approximately 20 feet away from the commando. Using Ear-Piercing Scream to deal [roll0] damage and daze for one round. Fortitude DC 15 for half damage and no daze.

Weikel
2014-08-20, 09:37 AM
Riker takes an arrow in the side. Grunting from the blow, he moves forward to the enemy. Riker takes a swing at the commando, slamming his blade through it's chest, then he takes a step towards the two sleeping goblins.

Seeing as I have no gambits left, I regain them.
Initiating Red Zephyr Strike (if I hit, I can move 10' as an immediate action without attacks of opportunity)
Damage:[roll1] +[roll2]
If I hit, move to the opposite side of the enemy.

AngryCyc
2014-08-20, 10:09 AM
The goblin commando drops.

Burnheart
2014-08-20, 11:41 AM
Walking towards the sleeping goblins Ulfgar calls out "We should finish those two off before they wake."

rs2excelsior
2014-08-20, 01:58 PM
William strides over to the nearest sleeping goblin, blade in hand. He places one booted foot against the back of the goblin's neck. "More prisoners? In case the other one isn't willing to talk."

Cardea
2014-08-20, 02:09 PM
"Really, this has been thrilling, but does anyone think this is suspicious? A town with goblins in the area would be prepared for the randomness of one or three or four. This is downright smart. I mean, who wants to deal with smart Goblins?" Valen says, as he approaches the fallen goblins. "They might even have a proper song given a few decades." He pauses at the fallen dog's body. "Seemed like such a god dog, to be fighting something like this. We should find his owner."

Syekate
2014-08-20, 06:52 PM
Rahazi storms over to one of the sleeping goblins, axe in hand. "The goblin scum murdered this defenseless, brave animal. They reap what they sow." She brings the axe down upon the little cretin with angry force, and looks William in the eye. "The prisoner will talk. I will MAKE him talk."

[roll0] plus [roll1] damage.

AngryCyc
2014-08-20, 07:11 PM
With the situation now under control, and the goblin threat eliminated, the noble-looking fellow hiding behind the rain barrel rushes out, a smile wide as a mile on his well-cut face. His clothes are a bit dirty from hiding, but you can see their inherent elegance still.

"Thank you. Thank you all!!" he says excitedly. He rushes up to Rahazi and says"Such ferocity! I have never seen such excellent form and expertise! Please, I must thank you all properly. I am Aldern Foxglove and I will make sure your efforts here are rewarded properly later! Come see me at The Rusty Dragon, where I'm staying. I have never seen such heroics... I should hurry away from the perimeter of the city in case the goblins aren't done... It appears the fighting has died down now. Again, The Rusty Dragon. Thank you, heroes!" he casts a last glance at Rahazi and then hurries running down the street, peeking carefully around corners before dashing into the heart of the city.

All around the sound of fighting has disappeared. Cheers fill the streets now.

What do you do?

Cardea
2014-08-20, 07:28 PM
"Well, goblin societal advancing intelligence aside, it appears we've made a name for ourselves now. And maybe someone to court, ah, Rahazi?" Valen says, laughing. "You might want to save the violence for now. We'll bring the goblin to the sheriff. Put the blasted thing in a cell."

Weikel
2014-08-20, 07:39 PM
"My first true battle. I think we make a good team. I guess we can bring this last one to the sheriff as well." Riker says, indicating the one still asleep before going down to tie him up. "We should go make sure the town guard doesn't need any help ensuring there are no more goblins in town."

Syekate
2014-08-20, 07:45 PM
Raising a confused eyebrow at Valen, Rahazi says, "Why should I take that man to court? He has done nothing wrong, aside from hiding like coward. But yes, let us take goblin prisoner to more secure location."

EDIT: "We should be searching corpses as well. Perhaps we find more information that way."

Cardea
2014-08-20, 07:49 PM
"Ah, let me see, how do I phrase it?" Valen says, a smirk turning into a smile. "He thinks you are a very great warrior, and he admires your form. Goblin first, and then we should go see if this Mr. Foxglove is true in making sure we are rewarded properly for our efforts. You lot especially. Nasty wounds from filthy blades."

AngryCyc
2014-08-20, 07:58 PM
Gonna assume some things and do some speeding along, feel free to interject at any point if you feel like. I do need to know if y'all search bodies, if you just forgot that's a thing you could/should do or if you deliberately have not done so.

The party hurries back to their bound goblin. In view of the cathedral once more, they see the cleric outside the church healing lots of guards and some civilians too. A few bodies have sheets draped over them and appear larger than goblin sized. It appears the battle is definitely over though it came with some cost. They ask around and gather the location of a jail where the goblins may be taken to. Arriving there, they meet a few guards, but no Sheriff (who, they are told, is quite busy trying to keep the town from falling into a shambles) They drop off their prisoners and see a few more prisoners already taken, and Even stick around for a bit of interrogation. Not much info is brought to light however. The best information anyone can gather is that several tribes of goblins were forced together for the assault and that some "long shank" had led the alliance for some reason. The various goblins argued and bickered and none seemed to have much idea of who or what was going on, only that they were instructed to fight and rather enjoyed that order.

Leaving the jail and making the way through town, the place is a mess. Many people are still hiding in buildings and haven't bothered trying to come clean up yet. Those who are outside all stop what they do to issue applause and thanksgiving to the heroes of the fight. Eventually coming to the Rusty Dragon, Ameiko Kaijitsu herself thanks each of you personally, asking for your names and where you're from, before decreeing a free weeks stay in the Rusty Dragon. She offers the finest rooms and even cooks a delicious meal to celebrate you all. Aldern Foxglove is present for the meal as well and buys several rounds of drinks.

A few other townsfolks and guards have made their way down to the Rusty Dragon despite the lateness of the hour (it's nearly 10:30 by now) all to help feast to their saviors. It appears the town believes each of you acted so heroically and bravely that the outcome of the night would've been much different had you not been there.

The feast and drink is upon you, and calls for more info are heard from those gathered! WHO are our heroes? Where are they from? How long are they here for?!

The night is yours. What do you do?

rs2excelsior
2014-08-20, 09:45 PM
Tired and rather hungry from the exertion, William avails himself of the food and ale. He shrugs off praise that the townsfolk direct at him, telling them that town guardsmen and even everyday townsfolk had fought just as bravely and in many cases gave their lives to stop the goblins. He wanders out into the streets, weapons within reach, to help clean up the damage and check on the guards. In the morning, when things calm down, he thinks that we will have to ask around and see who might have organized the goblin attack.

Weikel
2014-08-20, 09:58 PM
Oh, ya I had forgotten about searching bodies. I agree we should do that.

Riker seems to be basking in the attention of the people. While he easily shines in the spotlight, he also does a good job of involving the rest of the group in the conversation. In actuality, his only real boasts are of his comrades' accomplishments in battle.

"One goblin, who had been singing and seemed to be leading group, got a whip around my ankle and pulled me from my feet. Before I could even react, William was above me taking down the nearest goblin, giving me a chance to stand." Riker continues to tell of his comrades' bravery for a while before he eventually wanders over to Ameiko Kaijitsu as the night begins to wind down and the people begin to shuffle out. "A beautiful woman like you shouldn't have to clean up after us alone. Why don't I help you out and you can tell me more about yourself and where you learned to cook such delicious foods?" Riker says to the woman, putting on a charming smile, a gleam in his eyes.

Assuming he doesn't get a cold reception, Riker is going to continue to try to flirt with her.

Syekate
2014-08-21, 01:02 PM
Rahazi celebrates the victorious skirmish in true orcish fashion: eating, drinking, and challenging others. She has been imbibing with the best of them, and is currently undefeated in an apparent tourney of arm-wrestling competitions. Currently locking fists with a burly-looking farmer, she has him on the ropes, and with a grunt, forces his hand down to the table. The small crowd of men around give a cheer, and Rahazi, jumping to stand on her chair with arms in the air, shouts in victory, "I am Rahazi of Brrashgnari, and no man can match my strength of arm!"

Cardea
2014-08-21, 01:13 PM
Valen takes a tour of the town, waving to any of recognize him from the fight, and making note of what trades and stores are present in the town. As night settles in, he finds his way to the Rusty Dragon, and smiles as he sees Riker talking to the innkeeper. "Careful now, Miss. Big strong hero types like this one? Strong on the outside, but soft when it comes to women like you." He wanders off, patting Riker on the back, heading deeper into the Inn, attempting to find Aldern Foxglove.

AngryCyc
2014-08-22, 06:28 AM
Loot and junk you would've found: A dogslicer on each of the goblins plus one masterwork dogslicer, 2 shortbows with 35 arrows, 2 studded leather armor, a whip, and two potions. Standard procedure to identify potions. Everything is sized Small.

The partying and celebrating continue on for just a bit more into the night. Many toasts are at the behest of the heroes. Ameiko warmly thanks Riker, but introduces him to her halfling cook who has done the majority of the cooking and cleaning herself.

Aldern Foxglove is beyond delighted to be staying in the same inn as the heroes, and eagerly invites you all to come join him on a wild boar hunt in Tickwood the next morning. "Oh it would be absolutely delightful! Such scenery and majesty. The boars themselves always provide much excitement. Come now, don't leave me disappointed! What have you to say?"

Syekate
2014-08-22, 08:23 AM
"Fancy-dressed man hides from puny little goblins, but wants to fight mighty boar? This I should wish to see," says Rahazi. As the evening's festivities start to quiet down, she is content to sit back in a comfortable chair by the hearth.

Cardea
2014-08-22, 08:56 AM
"To be fair, Rahazi," Valen says, pulling up a chair beside hers. "A boar cannot ride a dog or sing a song. Besides, its common sport among the more well-off."

Burnheart
2014-08-22, 04:44 PM
"I shall decline, i'm going to spend tomorrow at the cathederal."

rs2excelsior
2014-08-22, 06:48 PM
When William wanders back in from the streets, he hears his new comrades talking about the boar hunt. After the others fill him in, he agrees to come along, though he scowls a bit at the richly-dressed man that invited them.

Weikel
2014-08-22, 09:55 PM
Feeling like he has been somewhat rejected, Riker moves back to the group, hearing of the Boar Hunt. "That sounds like a fun opportunity. My father used to take me and my brother hunting for deer when we were boys. I imagine this will be a bit different though."

Cardea
2014-08-25, 09:45 AM
"I'm going to mimic Ulfgar, here, and skip the hunt. I'm sure you understand. Heavy robes is a bit of a deterrent." Valen says, leaning back in his chair. "That aside, something about this raid is still bothering me. I'm going to try and get in touch with the Sheriff, see how the goblins have acted in the past."

Syekate
2014-08-25, 02:31 PM
"Spoil sports. But you make good point. Maybe in woods there are signs of more goblin activity. We can watch for goblin tracks as well as boar's."

AngryCyc
2014-08-25, 03:40 PM
"Nonsense!" Aldern chimes in. "Tickwood nary has a sight of any of the goblins. They're as safe as can be... Not accounting for letting the boars catch you unaware! I'm so excited to hear how many of you are eager to come! We should leave first sunlight in the morning. It's a 30 minute ride out there and it's best to do it while it's cool. I should hurry to bed soon... Need to make sure I get plenty of rest for an exciting hunt! See you all down here at dawn!" With that he hurries upstairs to what can be assumed to be his own room for the night.

Burnheart
2014-08-25, 06:51 PM
"Well i think i'll go to sleep now, see you tomorrow." Ulfgar says after watching Aldern leave, standing up without waiting for a reply he heads to his own room and crawls into bed.

Cardea
2014-08-26, 01:39 PM
"Fare the well, Ulfgar, may nary an insect find purchase in your skin. The rest of you might do the same, yes? Busy day, hunting down creatures of the forest. I'll head down to the incarcerated Goblin tomorrow, see what I can gleam. Should I wait for one of you? Rahazi? Riker?" Valen says, comfortably opening up his spellbook for review. As the noise in the Inn comes to a close, he heads to bed, to awake the next morning.

Syekate
2014-08-26, 02:29 PM
"I will be hunting tomorrow. Is worth getting to know surroundings. Chance to give mighty boar glorious death in combat is not bad, either. A good night to all," she says, leaving the hearth for the comfort of her room.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-26, 11:14 PM
"A proper hunt. Should be a nice change of pace. Been fighting far too many horrifying things, some normalcy could do me good." With that, William says his farewells and heads to his own room.

AngryCyc
2014-08-27, 06:49 AM
Did everyone take whatever from the loot, or did you leave it? I listed the loot earlier and nobody has said they've taken what. Maybe work that out OoC, or if one person wants to just be the loot-guy and take everything, go for it. I'm not going to worry about weight unless you're trying to carry a giant 400 pound solid gold giant helmet or something like that.

Also EXPERIENCE! Almost forgot! Everyone gains 535 XP for the fights. We're on the Fast track for XP so little less than halfway to a level up.

Rahazi, Riker, and William are all awoken the following morning bright and early by a halfling woman, who tells you that there is breakfast downstairs when you are ready for it. Aldern Foxglove is down waiting for each of you already. He welcomes you, asking each of you to join him at breakfast, and hurries through his own meal (clearly quite excited for the hunt.) After eating, he rushes you each out, doubling back once to grab his hat which he left sitting under the table, and brings you to the Goblin Squash Stables, where he purchases a mount for each of you. "It's my pleasure! Please! Consider it thanks for your aid yesterday!" he says as the stable attendant, introduced as Daviren Hosk, hands over the reins to 3 fine horses to each of you. The stables themselves are quite a sight. Looking closely, you notice several dozen goblin ears nailed to the stable rafters, each with the name of a goblin(you can assume) burned into the leathery ears.

Finally as the sun just starts to peak above the horizon, the four of you are on your way, down the road and out of Sandpoint as you make your way to Tickwood. Aldern is positively bouncing with excitement and never seems to stop asking questions. "Where are each of you from? Have you been slaying goblins for long? Are there any harrowing tales of earlier adventures?" He pays particularly close attention to Rahazi, ever interested in any word that comes out of her mouth.

Ulfgar and Valen are left to sleep in the morning, allowing them time to rest up or really do whatever they want. The smell of breakfast cooking creeps into each room early in the morning however. The day is beginning and the noise of the inn below starts to pick up as the city awakens.

Weikel
2014-08-27, 10:42 AM
Riker turned in tired the night before. After the travel, festivities and then the fight, Riker was exhausted and barely able to stand. In the morning, Riker seems refreshed. He's even already awake when the halfling comes to collect him, standing in his room going through forms, blade out, likely frightening the small woman as she enters.

At the stables, Riker looks very happy. "Thanks, I haven't ridden a horse in a few years. My parents used to own one that they used to pull the plow, but they had to sell it and replaced it with a few breeding cows. I was never that good at riding, but I always enjoyed it."

The more they travel, the more excited Riker seems to get, his anticipation for the hunt increasing the closer they get. "Well, I grew up on a farm outside of Galduria. Harrowing tales? No, not really. I used to hunt a bit, and I've been in more than a few fist fights, but my fighting was mostly untested until yesterday. Though I've been practicing with a blade for about seven years now."

AngryCyc
2014-08-27, 11:35 AM
"Practice? How did you do that, exactly? What sorts of forms and techniques... Did you use a real weapon or some form of practice instrument? What material is your weapon made of? I'd be very interested in seeing a display of your methods later on!" Aldren replies to Riker.

Weikel
2014-08-27, 11:47 AM
"Well, when I was really little, it was mostly just about building enough mass to actually hold the thing properly, but eventually I started to just swing at trees, trying to think of how to fight to do the most damage and avoid being hit myself. Once I grew up a little, I met some people who would agree to spar with me. It used to be with a longsword, but I had always used it two handed, and I liked to add weight to it so that when I used it without the weight it would be more fluid and easier to handle. Forms? Well, I've figured out a couple moves that seem fairly effective. I could show you later, but they mostly involve large swings to knock opponents off balance and ways to move while fighting."

Syekate
2014-08-27, 01:49 PM
Upon being taken to the stables, Rahazi is wary. Horses were not a common mode of transportation in her tribe, and her experience with them is minimal at best. Still, after a bit of shifting during the few minutes, she begins to grow more comfortable with the ride. Aldern's attention is not as easy for her to grasp. The woman might be used to showing off with feats of strength, but this kind of inquisitiveness on a personal level is a relatively new experience for her. Usually Rahazi is the one doing the serious questioning. As such, she is happy enough to let Riker dominate the conversation for a bit, and then interjects with her own questions when there is a lull.

"What of you, Aldern Foxglove? You sleep at the inn, so I think you are not of Sandpoint. Where are you from?"

rs2excelsior
2014-08-28, 08:11 AM
William eyes the horse a bit warily. He's always been fairly good with animals, but for some reason horses worry him. Maybe it's just that he doesn't like trusting something other than his own two feet to get him around. While riding, he listens to Riker and Aldern chatting on, smiling a bit as they discuss sword techniques.

Burnheart
2014-08-28, 10:43 AM
Ulfgar rises after the hunting party has departed for their trip, eats a fine breakfast and heads for the cathedral while checking the town for signs of damage done by the goblins last night. Once he reaches the cathedral Ulfgar pauses and takes in the sight of the large building, noting the decorations and other such things.

AngryCyc
2014-08-29, 06:29 AM
Aldern smiles as Rahazi takes interest, replying "Well I stay mainly in Magnimar, though I do have a manor house about, ohhh, 5 miles as the crow flies south of here on the coast, though it's really more like 10 miles if you're riding the roads. But Sandpoint is all to pleasant NOT to visit! And what about yourself Miss Rahazi? Such a fine and beautiful woman AND the ferocity of a warrior! Where on this great plane does one pick up such talent, such grace and beauty?" He pulls his horse alongside Rahazi's to dote on her.

Ulfgar's quick check of the streets reveals little permanent damage from the goblin invasion, though some debris and scorch marks are still visible. The cathedral itself looks magnificent. The decorations pay homage to the six gods worshiped most commonly in the region: Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae, and Shelyn, with each god having their own shrine in a different area of the cathedral. The core of the cathedral is an open-aired courtyard featuring 7 standing stones surrounding an altar. Fine workmanship accompanies nearly every detail of the cathedral, from the smooth stone walls to the fine stained-glass windows.
http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachments/finished-maps/11762d1238105626-sandpoint-cathedral-sp-cath-su.jpg

Cardea
2014-08-29, 01:37 PM
Valen wakes slowly, the exhilaration from yesterday taking it's toll as a form of rare muscle soreness. He stretches, and sits up in bed, reading his spell book. The familiar pages are a comfort to the wizard's mind. An hour he stays, hands grazing through the ink filled pages, memorizing what tidbits of power he thinks he'll need for the day. He makes his way downstairs, eats a light breakfast, and makes his way to the Red Dog Smithy, with the gear acquired from the goblins of yesterday.

Syekate
2014-08-29, 01:42 PM
Rahazi suddenly regrets opening her mouth. She snorts and spits a glob of phlegm to show what beauty there is within. "I am of the Brrashgnari tribe; we are nomadic, frequenting plains to the east. All orcs are natural fighters, trained from birth. Do you know of Brrashgnari in these lands?"

Burnheart
2014-08-29, 01:45 PM
Smiling slightly at the sight of the building which must have cost much to construct, Ulfgar seeks out the nearest priest "Excuse me for asking but how fair the survivors from last night?" he asks of them.

AngryCyc
2014-08-30, 06:25 AM
Bra-... shaganani? Yes, yes of course! Of course I have heard of the brave and fierce warriors that you speak of! Naturally, it all makes sense. THAT would explain your flawless ferocity in battle!" Aldern lies. His questions and fawning over Rahazi (and to an extent, each of the others) carries on for quite a bit longer until "OH! We're here! We should make ourselves quiet now... boars could be anywhere around here. Come, I'll lead the way..."

Play it up as much or little as you want. Everyone call roll a d20 for affect.

Valen makes his way to the Red Dog, which upon closer inspection it becomes apparent why it is named such. 3 large red mastiffs lay about lazily around the shop. Inside, a bald and powerfully muscled man gruffly introduces himself as Das Korvut though he takes one look at the shoddy goblin weaponry and rudely refuses any of it before Valen even has chance to make much of an offer. All, except, until his eyes land on the masterwork horsechopper. "oh... oooo. 171 gold for that. Take it or leave it."

Ulfgar finds himself talking to the high-priest from yesterday, Abstalar Zantus. He greets him with a formal introduction, but states "No need for an introduction from you, Hero of Sandpoint.", with a bit of a knowing wink, and a tone implying more mild amusement at the hero-worship the party had been receiving more than one of accompanying said hero-worship. "The survivors are fine, the Gods are more than willing to aid in healing and life-saving techniques when asked for. We did lose a few souls yesterday, but, the town has seen much worse and has persevered. I am quite confident we will carry on through this as well. Now then! I have just finished a much quieter, much less celebratory dedication of the cathedral, so everything is in order here. Did you need some help of the religious nature? Or may I point you in the direction of one of our chapels?" he asks warmly.

Syekate
2014-08-30, 09:17 PM
So that is the way of it. A liar who would fake knowledge for the sake of getting closer to others. Rahazi makes a mental note to never trust this one, not that she was particularly fond of him in the first place. She lets the conversation drift away from her past until they arrive at their destination. At Aldern's word, she dismounts, the better to spot and respond to their prey. She ties her horse to a tree, choosing to go into the forest on foot.

So I'm not entirely sure what you meant by your spoiler, AngryCyc, but I think it's read as roleplay away, so here goes:
Perception to look for tracks/signs of game or monsters: [roll0]
Stealth to move silently in the forest: [roll1]
Survival to follow tracks if I find them: [roll2]

Weikel
2014-08-30, 10:11 PM
Riker doesn't mind to let the conversation go away from him as Aldern tries to get closer to Rahazi, but as she seems to get uncomfortable with his response, he attempts to steer the conversation away until they reach their destination. Riker follows Aldern's lead in the hunt, not having hunted boar before.

Stealth Check:[roll0]
Perception:[roll1]

Burnheart
2014-08-31, 09:56 AM
"Ah it is good to know that everyone has recovered." Ulfgar states with a nod "As to why I'm here I was curious about the story of this cathedral, as a priest of the lady of graves this is the first time I've heard of so many gods being worshiped under the same roof.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-31, 09:24 PM
William gratefully dismounts, walking stiffly for a moment to ease the soreness. He looks suspiciously at Aldern, not sure he is being entirely truthful about his knowledge of Orcish tribes, before following the others into the forest, searching for signs of a boar as he draws his bow.

Sense motive to determine whether Aldern is lying: [roll0]
Stealth to move quietly: [roll1]
Perception to search for tracks etc.: [roll2]
Knowledge (Nature) in case it will help in some way (knowing what boar tracks look like, their habits, etc--bonus for Perception check?): [roll3]
Survival to follow tracks: [roll4]

Cardea
2014-08-31, 10:51 PM
"171 gold sounds like a fine deal, but surely even the dogslicers are worth the raw metal you could get by smelting them down?" Valen says, sheathing the masterwork dogslicer. "The leather was a longshot, I admit, but raw metal is raw metal, Mr. Korvut."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-09-01, 06:48 AM
The hunting party makes it's way through the brushy woodlands. It is fair weather and pleasant, if you are into that sort of thing, trekking through the trees and observing the Natural Condition, with the only downside being the increasingly annoying yammerings of a certain noble. It isn't long before signs of the boars are picked up and a trail followed.

"don't want 'em" Das says to Valen. "If I needed scrap metal, we wouldn't be throwin' all our garbage off Junker's Edge and I'd be saving a mighty bundle just takin' what they throw away. ...That one their is a fine beaut though. Here." He digs out the gold and tosses a sack your way, holding out his hands to accept the masterwork horse chopper. Taking it and placing it gingerly on a workbench, he turns back to say "Oh. And uh. Thanks for... ya know. 'ppreciate the help."

Abstalar smiles at Ulfgar. "If you want the short answer, it's politics. It's always politics. This place had long been a holy spot, a shrine to Desna, back before Sandpoint had even been thought of. The Varisians, with their traveling, had a shrine here, there in the center courtyard. It's been preserved to showcase our roots. But with their traveling and journeying they seemed to like this spot. I believe they also worshipped a few of the Empyreal Lords. But those seven standing stones there are supposed to represent the seven towers of Desna's otherworldly palace. Ah, but back to how these all came to be under one roof. The shrines to Abadar, Gozreh, Sarenrae, and Shelyn were because they were the patrons of the original founders of town, the Sandpoint Mercantile Consortium. Erastil happened to be the favored Deity of the most populous of the original settlers. Now, I'm not terribly familiar on what all happened, but somewhere in the original bargaining of this land with the native Varisians, someone did something and lives were lost. The Varisians had been playing nice and fair and, I believe it was one of the Scarnetti's, decided they didn't want to deal with natives anymore and tried to run them out with force and bloodshed. Sandpoint might not have ever been founded if cooler heads hadn't prevailed, and as a sign of solidarity and penance, the favored god of the Varisians was given a special place here in the city. Desna..." he says, gesturing towards her shrine, whose holy symbols match those he himself wears.

"My former master, may he rest in peace, never got to see all these wonderful shrines be brought together in a marvelous house of worship like this. Back then, it was merely a chapel with the various shrines scattered around. But Ezakien, Ezakien Tobyn, he was the high-priest and he worked hard! It was a tragedy, he and his beautiful daughter Nualia... they perished in the fire that brought down the old chapel. But this Cathedral can hopefully be a lasting memory to them both." He smiles warmly, obviously fond of discussing religious matters, no matter how mundane and trivial.

Burnheart
2014-09-01, 06:29 PM
"Politics huh, and I thought nothing good ever came of politics." Ulfgar says with a frown "Tell me do many people here look to the Lady of Graves in troubled times?" as he mentions his goddess Ulfgars fingers brush the birthmark upon the back of his left hand.

Cardea
2014-09-01, 06:35 PM
"Any day, sir. Any day," Valen says pocketing the coin. He takes a look at the three dogs, and remembers. "While I'm here, I wonder if you might know. Is there a bookstore in town? Or anyone who'd know more about this area's history?"

Syekate
2014-09-01, 07:50 PM
Worst hunting trip EVER. Rahazi must have been either very foolish or very drunk last night to accept going on this little venture with the talkative nobleman. First he suggests, they quiet down when they get to the woods, then he won't stop talking?! The tracks are easy enough to spot. She lets William take point, and addresses Aldern. "If you must talk, make it something of use. You say goblins are not found in Tickwood, then where are they coming from? You seem to travel area, have seen much of these lands. Is there stronghold nearby?" The questioning seems futile with this ignorant fool, but she may as well attempt to glean some useful information from him.

AngryCyc
2014-09-03, 06:07 AM
Aldern looks momentarily flustered as he tries to find the right words to reply with, before suddenly being cut off by the quick intrusion of two rather large boars! They crash through the underbrush grunting and slashing at everything with their sharp tusks!

This isn't combat. You kill 2 boars. Feel free to describe how you go about doing it though.

"Books? I don't... think anyone has an entire store o' books. But the General Store might have some and ummm... the Boutique. Oh, maybe the Feathered Serpent but that clown is more likely ta be showin' off any books rather than sellin' them." He gives Valen rough directions to each of the described places.

The priest tells Ulfgar "You know... there really isn't much worship of Pharasma around here. It's just a quiet village, and frankly I don't think the concept of Death comes up enough for the folks of this town to really ever consider it. They're a bit more concerned with the crops coming in, having good meat, the sunrise. Honestly, I think it's part stubbornness, and the folks like to ignore the end that awaits us all, as a way of forgetting the Late Unpleasantness. Or maybe they just prefer to worship the gods they've picked just because human nature is fickle and that's the way it is!" he ends with a laugh and smile. "Magnimar has a great temple of Pharasma however."

Cardea
2014-09-03, 07:26 AM
"Thank you kindly. Beautiful dogs, by the by," Valen says, exiting the shop. He breathes in the fresh air if the town, and makes his way to the Feathered Serpent. In the back of his mind, he makes a mental note to drop off all the excess goblin gear off of Junker's Edge. And to figure out what this other potion is.

Burnheart
2014-09-03, 02:54 PM
"Is that so? If my travels take me that way I'll have to visit it then." Ulfgar says after a moment "I suppose its better to ignore the end than to try and escape it at least. Though I'm surprised more people aren't drawn to the inevitability of death, after all so many people seem to spend their lives chasing comfort in the arms of certainty."

rs2excelsior
2014-09-03, 10:32 PM
William leaps back as the boars break through the underbrush, drawing and releasing an arrow. The first flew wide, but as the others approached at least one struck true. As his comrades push forward, William returns his bow and rejoins the battle, scimitar flashing. He dispatches one wounded beast while the others are fighting its fellow.

Syekate
2014-09-04, 07:31 PM
"Hold that thought," Rahazi says to Aldern as she charges at the other boar that appeared. It is a little smaller than its companion, so she decides to have a little fun. She grabs the beast by the tusks, and with a grunt of effort, throws it by the head onto its side, pinning the head and neck with her body and one arm to keep it from rising, and pulling its front limb on the down side up to prevent it getting its legs under itself again. It appears to take all her strength to keep the thing from bucking her off. "Finish it!" she tells Riker, allowing him the killing blow.

Weikel
2014-09-05, 02:48 AM
Riker charges after Rahazi to the boar and when she encourages him, brings down his blade into the exposed upper body of the creature, ending it's life with a single blow. The rush of the hunt seems to fill Riker, as he then searches around for another foe. Finding none, he looks back to the two they had taken down. "Is this a good haul, Aldern? What is the typical next step? Do we search for more, or just bring these two back with us?" Riker seems excited to be participating in the hunt, and even ready to continue, should that be the way things are normally done.

AngryCyc
2014-09-05, 07:04 AM
Valen makes his way down the streets of Sandpoint, which as the sun starts to climb higher in the sky, becoming increasingly more filled with people. Several of these people, point and wave at Valen, and one woman comes running out of her bakery with a hot, fresh loaf of bread, nearly forcing it into Valen's hands amongst a round of compliments and praise thanking him for saving the town. Judging by the way conversation quiets or stops as he passes, it would seem most of the small groups of people who were seconds before eagerly talking to themselves, are quite busy passing around tales and stories of Valen and the rest of his associates. Snippets of "Goblin slayers... here from the gods to bless us... I just hope they stay longer! ... Ooh but where is the dreaaaammmyy one? ..." all float around in the air.

Finally making his way to the Feathered Serpent, Valen barely opens the door when an exotic looking man, with bright blue eyes, long red hair, and almost bronze-colored skin, rushes to Valen and clasps his hand in a firm handshake.

"WELCOME! Welcome! Please, enter, make yourself at home! I am Vorvashali Voon and I thank you for coming to my humble establishment! Come in come in! There is much for you to see here!" the man says, clearly not lying. The shop is absolutely packed with all manor or relics, pieces of monuments, manuscripts and tomes and scrolls, weapons glimmering and shining and sparkling with arcane energies. A large section of the shop appears to have no price tags and merely has ancient objects secured behind glass displays, almost as some sort of museum. One corner of the shop features a stone foot from a statue so large, even the largest giant would have to look up to see above what would be the creatures shins if the foot were not broken off just at the ankle (luckily, since the ceiling appears to be just inches from the top of the foot, making one briefly wonder how the statue's foot even made it in the room to begin with.)

"Is there anything in particular I can help you with today or were you just looking to browse?"

The priest continues rambling about religious matters, discussing the pros and cons of worshiping too many or too few gods, discussing death and mortality, sharing a brief bit more history about the town, and in general just having the sort of dialectic conversation one would expect from a wizened old priest long-spent keeping a small town's trite religious needs filled. After much talk and discerning of character, he says that he must attend to some matters before the day escapes him, but that Ulfgar should feel free to visit the Cathedral whenever he wishes and that should he need it, he would be happy to perform a rudimentary service in the name of Pharasma for him (though not to expect anything more than a noble effort from someone untrained in her worship). With that, Abstalar makes his way out through a side door in the cathedral and away to the day, leaving Ulfgar in the beautiful church to himself.

"HA HA! Yes! The day is ours!" the noble man shouts as the boar falls. "Fine job, FINE job! One is plenty on a normal occasion, but myyyy look at the size of the brute! And the second one as well! Oh we shall feast well tonight. Congratulations all around my friends! Come, let us load our fare and hurry back to celebrate another victorious battle most fierce!"

Aldern helps field dress and load the two boars onto the horses, and leads the way back out to the road. Heading back is slower with the extra weight of the haul, and the sun soaring high over heard is much warmer than the early morning ride featured on the way in to the woods. As such, it takes nearly twice as long to make it back to town. The longer ride is once again filled with the questions and pestering of the rich noble, this time complete with thrusts and jabs of his sword as he tries to enact the sort of fighting he has seen the party do. Finally, they reach town. Riding up to the Rusty dragon once more, Aldern says he will fetch Ameiko and have her and her servant maid begin preparing the boars for a feast most fine for the evening. Before turning in he says "And again, thank you so much for your aid yesterday. Keep the horses, a gift from me. And here" he says handing over 100 gp, "50 gold each for your friends who could not join us, that should more than cover them almost purchasing a fine steed should the desire it!" With that, he quickly hurries in to fetch Ameiko.

It's later in the morning now, nearly noon. The city is alive and bustling with activity. Several groups of girls point and chatter at Riker and company...

Cardea
2014-09-05, 09:04 AM
"Hello, Mr. Voon. I am Valen. It seems we have a bit of alliteration with our names, ah?" Valen says jovially, shaking the man's hand just as firmly. "Well, Mr. Voon, I was told by Mr. Korvut at the Red Dog that you had might have had books in your store. What he didn't tell me was how fantastic this place looks on the inside. Really, truly, its nice to be in such a fine place; I fear I might blind myself if I cast Detect Magic in here. But I was wondering if you had any books regarding the history of the area? Specifically Thassilon. I don't know if I could afford to purchase a tome, but I'd be more than happy to pay for the privilege to read one or two in your establishment, if that is alright with you."

Burnheart
2014-09-05, 07:27 PM
After father Zantus leaves Ulfgar finds a quiet spot to bow his head in silent prayer Lady guide my path in the coming days for I fell more trouble coming upon this town after that brief moment Ulfgar heads back to the inn.

Syekate
2014-09-05, 07:34 PM
As Aldern rides off, Rahazi is left baffled by the generosity of their buffoonish benefactor. She turns to the horse, a tall dappled gray mare, stroking its neck and saying quietly, "I know not if you are his to give or mine to take, but I do not turn my back on a new ally." After saying a prayer to Gorzeh in praise of the fighting spirit and gift of life from their prizes, she unloads a boar off the horse's back, and then looks around to find the stable master, Daviren, and asks, "Please, show me how to care for this horse, and I will help you in your duties."

Weikel
2014-09-08, 10:32 PM
Riker holds out his hand for a handshake before Aldern heads in. "Thanks for the entertainment and the horse. I think I'd like to actually see the city now that I have some time without goblins roaming." Then he notices the girls looking his way. "Looks like not everything that came of the goblin raid was bad. Now the women recognize me." He chuckles and a big smile covers his face. "William, care to see if we can't find ourselves some distractions... female distractions?"

AngryCyc
2014-09-09, 06:45 AM
"Books on Thassilonian history? My friend, I'm not sure what you've been told but any such books you'd find would mainly be folklore and fairy tale from my experiences. Yes, we have some marvelous remnants of that time, some grande monuments and whatnot. But actual FACT on the history of that time? Why, you're better off asking a child to come up with a plausible tale! Have you heard some of the things people think used to be around here?? If you are genuinely interested int he subject, I don't believe there's much I can do to help you. Our resident crackpot Brodert Quink lives over in the Old Light, well he lives near it but for all intents and purposes... Anyway. He's always spouting off absurd theories of how they lived and what sort of things they got into. But I really must warn you... I don't think he's holding the 'facts' you seem to want. Why, just the other day I heard him trying to convince some children that the Old Light was never a lighthouse, but a grande war machine, capable of shooting concentrated blasts of fire up to a mile away! Haha! What, were they afraid ships wouldn't be able to see the light and just wanted to really really make sure they were visible?! Hahaha! the shopkeep laughs enthusiastically at his own joke. "No, no... if you want history from that time, your best bet is to actually study the things they left behind. This foot of the statue for instance! Notice the intricate carving, and how the details seem so sharp still? It's almost like the carving was produced last week, yet from the location it was found you would imagine that it was well over a thousand years old! TEN thousand years maybe! Who is possibly going to have knowledge on history from that long ago? At least, reliable knowledge anyway. Come now, let me show you some of my other wares. Surely there's something here worth buying or trading for... or perhaps an adventure like yourself has something stunning to impress my little humble shop with..?" he inquires, looking closely at your belongings as if a golden, animated spider is about to leap from your pocket to look up at him with ruby-bejeweled eyes.

The Goblin Squash Stables, located conveniently adjacent to the Rusty Dragon Inn, is quite easy to spot for Rahazi. Daviren welcomes her back and congratulates her on a successful hunt, and seeing that Aldern has gifted them the horses he purchased, is actually a bit taken aback. "He actually gave you those horses?! I know he's well-off, but I am a bit surprised at such generosity. You must have really impressed the man! Sure, let me show you some things... in fact, feel free to stable your horses, all of them, here for the month on me. It's the least I can do to likewise show my gratitude. I heard about what you lot did to those goblins... mighty fine work. MIGHTY fine." He then shows her some basic information about caring for horses, before stabling the lot of them.

As Rahazi makes her way back over from the stables, she sees Ulfgar coming around the way. The two of them arrive at the Rusty Dragon roughly around the same time that Riker and William approach a small gathering of young women. The look of confidence on Riker's face quickly falters, however, as the girls see him approach and several turn and walk-run down to the market to lose themselves in the crowd, while the few remaining act as if they never saw Riker at all, clearly a bit too dumbfounded to speak in front of such a celebrity.

Cardea
2014-09-09, 10:40 AM
"Actually, believe it or not, that sounds like he would have what I'm after. I'm researching old Thassilon stories and inventions to develop my own theories. So whether or not this Quink is really all there is optional, because all stories hide some truth, savvy? But that does sound erroneous. Maybe they had fleets back then, had a ship sail out ahead of the group, and when they saw it bombarded by bombs, they knew they were close to home, ah? Ah? Could you tell me where Old Light is?" Valen says, admiring the stone foot as it is presented, taking in Voon's answer. "What I have is wizard secrets and spells, but I'll be in the area for a few more days. Provided I find something worth your time, Mr. Voon, you'll be told first. Good day, Mr. Voon." Valen bows slightly as he exits the shop, the blood pumping in his heart. This Quink could be a Thassilonian scholar like him! Maybe moreso, more well-read, with more resources. Valen heads off to Old Light.

Syekate
2014-09-09, 07:50 PM
Smiling at her travel companion, Rahazi raises a hand in greeting. "Hello, Ulfgar! How is cathedral this morn? Free of goblins, I hope," she says in jest. "Oh, before I forget, here. Is fifty gold, courtesy of Foxglove. Is meant for new horse for travel; he gave us each new horse after hunt. He is generous man, although lacking wits." She hands him one of two bags of coin, the other meant for Valen.

Burnheart
2014-09-10, 05:42 PM
"Well none that i saw." Ulfgar replies straight faced and with a deadpan tone before taking the bag of coins with a nod of thanks, heading inside the rusty dragon.

Syekate
2014-09-12, 04:34 PM
Growing accustomed to Ulfgar's cold ways after traveling the road with him, Rahazi shrugs off the emotionless reception and heads into the tavern, ordering an ale to quench her thirst and decide what next to do with her oh-so-busy schedule.

Weikel
2014-09-13, 02:19 AM
Riker falters for a moment as many of the women flea, but then seems to regain himself. "Hello ladies. I noticed that there were pretty women pointing my way and thought I'd come over and introduce myself. My name is Riker, and my companion is William. We're new here, but I was wondering if you all would be willing to show us around? "

AngryCyc
2014-09-13, 06:00 PM
Valen makes his way to the northern part of town, the large structure known as the Old Light sitting high above the other buildings of the little town. There, sitting near the cliffs looking down into the waters below, sits what looks like once was an old, old lighthouse or tower of some sort, though the top is completely ruined from age and weathering. Several large chunks of the stone structure appear to have fallen of so long ago that they appear perfectly natural sitting have buried around the structure. A large, empty doorway sits facing the street and, making his way inside, Valen finds that it is not at all as musty or dank as he imagined it would be from the outside. It seems quite habitable even.

Inside the Old Light is a man that Valen can only assume to be the Quink in question. He's an old human, busily scratching away at pen and paper, peering closely at half-worn away scribbles and scratches on the walls around him. Seeing Valen enter, he takes a couple more seconds to finish writing his thoughts, before turning to him and addressing him. "Yes..? May I help you with anything there?"

"Well Mister Riker, and Mister William." one of the girls begins, "I believe that is ENTIRELY too forward of you to accuse myself and Miss Fay here of, what was it... 'POINTING your way'! Quite presumptuous don't you think?"

"Yes Miss Molloy, quite." says the other.

"I'm not sure how I feel about being accused of such FORWARD improperties! Who do you take me for, one such as that KATRINE VINDER, always want to showcasing her affections and indecencies for all the town to see! No Mister Riker, I am not that sort, and I do believe I have some engagements to attend to that will not allow me the leisure of showing you about. Good day gentlemen, Mister Riker, Mister William." she says with a curtsy, Miss Fay quickly following suit. Before Riker has much time to respond, the two fast-walk away at nearly a trot, rounding the nearest corner straightfaced and proper, though Riker is quite convinced he heard several bouts of the giggles from around the corner and saw the hint of a blush as the two ladies turned away.

The Rusty Dragon, not completely filled, is seeing its share of customers all eating what smells like a delicious lunch. Food and drinks are bought for the party once more, with pats on the back and more kind words of thanksgiving in the wake of the goblin attack. Already the fear of the event has started to fade as various patrons laugh about goblins falling into half-filled rain barrels and drowning themselves all the way to death.

Cardea
2014-09-13, 07:27 PM
"Hello, Mr. Quink? I was told you were a scholar of Thassilon." Valen says, closing the door behind him. He brushes his hand on his robe, and holds it out to Quink as he approaches. "My name is Valen Mandraiv, I helped the town during yesterday's goblin raid. I was actually erhm, travelling through the area, to uh... because I'm trying to research Thassilon myself, with no such luck. I'm a scholar myself, you see, and Thassilon has always stuck out to me as something very worthy of learning from."

AngryCyc
2014-09-13, 07:35 PM
"Oh a scholar!! How fantastic! So few in this town respect the noble academic, nor do they even realize what marvelous history they live right on top of! I'm so glad, SO glad to see another scholar in town after all this time! What can I do for you? Are you seeking anything specific?"

Syekate
2014-09-13, 08:02 PM
Rahazi is still not quite sure what to do with all this popularity. Back in her tribal days, she had to fight to gain any sort of positive recognition, and now they were pouring it on her for one little battle. She tries to hold onto a conversation with those around her, no doubt with the odd faux pas.

Weikel
2014-09-13, 10:52 PM
Riker is a little baffled by the reactions of the women, commenting to William "Well, that was a bit odd, but what man can say they fully understand women? Let's go to the bar and see if any rumors have spread about information regarding the goblins, or for that matter anything else that could be of interest." He then strides off and enters the bar, going straight up to Ameiko. "In all the tales I've heard, those who tend bars also tend to hear the best rumors. Any chance you've heard anything about where those goblins came from or why they came? Or maybe any other threats that me and my newfound friends might be able to deal with?"

AngryCyc
2014-09-14, 06:43 AM
Ameiko is happily attending to her patrons when Riker walks up. "Well the goblins have various tribes around here. They've always been around... I think there's something like 5 tribes that live around here. Usually they're too busy squabbling with eachother to be any sort of threat. Shalelu typically keeps an eye on the goblin situation for us though. She's a bit of an outdoorsy type, always travelling the country... She stops in about twice a year and gives pretty thorough updates on the goblins, let's the Sheriff know which tribes are gaining power and potentially becoming a threat. She was just here a month ago though and I don't recall hearing anything out of the ordinary. I guess we'll have to wait a handful of months to hear her next report. Still... it's odd. So many goblins all orchestrated at once? That's very out of character for them. But, threat's over with now! Thanks to you lot!!" She tips a glass in the air as the bar once again roars a toast to the party.

"Make sure you guys are around for dinner tonight. That boar you brought in is going to be coming along quite nicely!"

The inn is filled with many people who are eager to share various rumors and gossips with their new heroes:

Rahazi hears from a few rough-looking guards that Farmer Grump claims the Sandpoint Devil, a horselike monster with bat wings, once flew off with one of his prized sows. Asking more specifically about goblins, all she hears is that Rynshinn Povalli has operated Vernah's Fine Clothing for the last five years, since her mother's death. She is the daughter of a mysterious elven bard who reportedly was killed by goblins less than a week after Rynshinn's birth. Despite this, every year on the anniversary of her birth, a small package of elven trinkets has mysteriously appeared somewhere in the upper floors of Vernah's.

William picks up a few more rumors more specifically about goblins: No one hates goblins more than Daviren Hosk. The bitter ranger's pride and joy is a large glass bottle filled with brine in which he's preserved the body of Chief Whartus of the now extinct (due in large part to Daviren) Bonegrinder Tribe. He also has a quite-inebriated man tell him Ilsoari Gandethus keeps the Sandpoint Devil in the basement of the Turandarok Academy.

Ulfgar tries to gather some information on the goblins but the folks he find seem to be more interested in idle gossip of the town, such as that Ethram Valdemar, patriarch of the Valdemar family, is not long for this life. The old man has a lung infection that keeps coming back, no matter how often the family pays to have it cured. He does hear an interesting fact whispered to him when Ameiko is in the back: Ameiko Kaijitsu at the Rusty Dragon has a "discount rooms for anyone who tells an exciting adventure story" policy.

Finally, Riker, the crown jewel, spends the afternoon swarmed with admirers eager to share stories and tales with him. One man earnestly warns him that Nisk Tander fancies himself a more gifted alchemist than he really is. Use caution when buying anything from Bottled Solutions. He also picks up an obvious fabircation that the Sandpoint devil is the son of a widowwoman named Agatha Leeds who used to live north of town and was said to practice dark magics and consort with evil beings. When she wandered into town round with child, she avoided all questions about her pregnancy. Weeks later, Leeds’s home was found reduced to cinders with its owner missing. Soon after, the first sightings of the Sandpoint devil began. Riker is quite sure the Sandpoint Devil is instead just some outsider from whatever plane it calls home, here to do whatever it pleases.

Burnheart
2014-09-14, 11:14 AM
"I'd hardly call the goblin threat over." Ulfgar remarks quietly to Ameiko "Someone forced goblins from multiple tribes to work together and whoever that was didn't join in on the attack last night, or such is the impress I took from the goblins we captured." he shrugs before ordering a beer.

Cardea
2014-09-16, 06:42 PM
"Really, I just wish to learn more about their culture, specifically their magical development. We all hear the stories of what they could do, and no one wants to admit when the ruins of the stories lay at our feet, eh?" Valen says, smiling to meet such another academic like him. "Unfortunately, I've not been able to find much of their old structures. I was actually passing through town, heading to Magnimar to see if there was anything there that could help me, but Mr. Voon tells me you believe this... this Old Light, is it? Was a grenade launcher? Is that right?"

AngryCyc
2014-09-16, 07:09 PM
Quint replies "Hellflume Tower. Concentrated blasts of pure fire shot out miles away! Yep!" He stares at the walls a bit, then looks back to Valen. "Sorry, so... Just here for study then? Magnimar will definitely have more in the way of accommodations for you. I am... Actually a bit busy here at the moment and I'd rather not interrupt the progress I've made today lest I lose it. Do you have any immediate needs..? Otherwise you could make arrangements for study once I've had time to... To prepare more than... Yes. Some other time then?" He begins resuming work before he even finishes his question.

Cardea
2014-09-16, 07:17 PM
"That's... amazing." Valen says, floored. "A life of study, hopefully. I have my own accommodations in town for the time being. A Mr. Foxglove was so kind as to pay for rooms after we helped with the goblin attack yesterday. No no, I'd hate to interrupt your work. When would be a better time to talk, if you don't mind? I have not met another scholar of Thassilon in my time." After receiving an answer, Valen makes his way back to the Rusty Dragon.

Weikel
2014-09-17, 04:29 AM
After realizing there was a pattern to the stories he was hearing, Riker gave up hoping that he would get any information out of the people. Each story he was told was vastly dramatized and exaggerated, likely all just baseless rumors. He did come to some of his own conclusions about things though.

Once the group were all back to the inn, Riker asked them all to meet him in a private room. Once all together, Riker speaks up. "So, after the fight yesterday we all got caught up in the festivities and I didn't get a chance to say it, so I'll do it now. We worked great as a team against those goblins. I came here to make a name for myself. To become a better fighter and use my skills to help those who can't fight. You guys have given me the best opportunity I could get. I wouldn't take offense if you said no, but I propose we join together as a more permanent group. I may just be a young ignorant farm boy, but even I could tell that something was off about that goblin raid yesterday and I think we more than most are in a perfect position to investigate it and put a stop to any further developments. I'd love it if we gave our group a name because it would be easier to spread the word and find out who needs our help, but some of you may not love the dramatic as much as I do, so I understand if you don't want to do that. Either way, what do you say about working together?" Riker's voice is a bit more serious than it normally is and it's obvious he is emulating some bards tone with how rousing he is trying to be, but his expression shows how excited and hopeful he is at the whole thing.

Cardea
2014-09-18, 12:09 PM
Valen stares at Riker, and waits a beat for others to speak, before he does. "I'm in town for four days more, at the least. So you have me around for that much longer, unless something keeps me longer." Valen pulls a pouch of coins from his satchel, splitting it among everyone present. "Most of what those goblins carried was garbage, but one of their slicers sold for a good deal. I kept hold of the potions they had. One is a healing potion. The other one? No clue. Tastes like copper." He carries the spare gold coin aloft, showing it to everyone. "The Gold Vanguard? Anyone have a better idea?"

Everyone add 34 gold to your total.

rs2excelsior
2014-09-18, 02:27 PM
William sits back, contemplating the ale in front of him. "I left home to hunt down the things that threaten innocents. Seems like I can do that all the better with some other fine fighters at my side. I'm in." He looks at Valen's gold coin. "The Gold Vanguard? It's a bit dramatic, but I can't think of anything better. Works fine for me."

Burnheart
2014-09-18, 04:30 PM
"From what I've seen of your recklessness without a good healer and someone to voice caution you'll be dead within 6 months, so i guess I've got no choice but to stick around do I?" Although he says that with a slightly annoyed tone there is a hint of pleasure in Ulfgars eyes at the thought of forming a group, as though he is finally back in a comfortable, familiar place at long last. "The Gold Vanguard works for me as a name."

Syekate
2014-09-18, 11:16 PM
Rahazi contemplates the proposition carefully. After the others have said their pieces, she chimes in. "It is better to hunt in pack than make chase alone. Fine, then. We are team, at least for time being. So, what is next action for Gold Vanguard?"

Rahazi will have passed the 50 gold for a horse on to Valen before the meeting.

AngryCyc
2014-09-19, 06:24 AM
Formalities established, the team makes their way back to the hubbub of the Rusty Dragon dining area with a new sense of pride and togetherness. It's immediately obvious that the room is not quite the same as it had been minutes before when they had left it. Father Zantus is now there, with Sheriff Hemlock, both talking to Ameiko as she points in the direction of the room the party just stepped out of.

"Ah there they are, Sheriff." says the old priest. The sheriff strides over and says "Hello I am Sheriff Hemlock. I would like it very much if you'd accompany me to the Boneyard. Father Zantus has just discovered that the stone door to our previous priest's burial chamber was left hanging ajar after the attack yesterday. There may be some goblins still inside... the matter needs investigating and I could use your help."

Burnheart
2014-09-19, 12:51 PM
A stern expression with a hint of anger appears on Ulfgars face "Lead us there now." he replies immediately.

Weikel
2014-09-20, 05:21 AM
"This kind of thing is exactly why I suggested we continue working together. Let's go."

AngryCyc
2014-09-21, 06:26 AM
The sheriff leads the way through town. "So uhh... are you lot staying in town then for awhile? We don't often get the heroic types around here."

Cardea
2014-09-21, 06:33 AM
"The Golden Vanguard will be here for a little while longer, at the least, which seems fortunate, given an evident need for us, Sheriff," Valen says, glad he wore his walking robes today. "Do you know what caused such a large goblin group to raid the town?"

AngryCyc
2014-09-21, 07:03 AM
"No there's never been anything like that before. I don't understand it entirely myself. 'Golden Vanguard'? Is that the name you're calling yourselves..? Well then. I can't say the folks in town aren't taking to you quite nicely but do keep in mind, this is a simple town. Helping out like you've been doing, that's real nice. A good citizen should always come to the aid of others when it is needed. Just don't end up being the trouble that others need to come to the aid of, understand?"

Walking up past the Cathedral, the sheriff says "Father maybe you should stay here in the Cathedral while we attend to the burial chamber." and then leads the group around to the back where the gate to the boneyard is. The vault in question is a 20-ft square stone structure up against the wall. The stone door does indeed hang ajar. The ground around the place is churned up.

Many of the footprints are goblins, but some appear to have been left by a larger humanoid.

About 6 goblins and 1 medium humanoid seem to have climbed the wall and then approached and entered the vaults.

Burnheart
2014-09-21, 01:45 PM
After pause to take in the sight of the churned up ground Ulfgar turns to the others "Can any of you make sense of this?"

Weikel
2014-09-21, 03:12 PM
Riker looks at the ground for a moment before giving up. "The ground means nothing to me. Sheriff, is there anything someone might want from in there? Has the place ever been robbed before?"

rs2excelsior
2014-09-21, 07:38 PM
Survival check: [roll1]

William notices the footprints, a mass of smaller ones with a few larger prints interspersed. He drops to one knee, studying the tracks closely, following the path the creatures took to reach the tomb. He stands up. "Looks like five... no, six goblins. I'm sure of that. And something else... something bigger."

Syekate
2014-09-21, 08:07 PM
Going so far as to get down on all fours and sniff at the tracks when she spots them, Rahazi stands, brushes off her hands, and nods in agreement with William. "Hard to say what made bigger tracks. Could be human, orc, anything of same size with two feet. What do we know of man buried here?" As she speaks, she unslings her axe, making sure it is in hand should the need arise.

AngryCyc
2014-09-22, 05:56 AM
"Hmm..." the sheriff says. "So there definitely were goblins here during the raid. The question is, are they still here? ...do you want me to go first or does anyone else want to poke inside the vault first?"

Syekate
2014-09-23, 07:40 AM
Rahazi picks a stone off the ground and holds it to the holy symbol on her chest. The small rock begins to shine brightly as she holds it aloft, scanning the vault entry. She aims the light toward the doors, the better to examine them. "Maybe go make sure you have some men on alert, sheriff. Could be more goblins lurking about. Would anyone like honor of opening door?" she asks, standing in front of the doors at attention for any goblins that might fly out.

On a rock.

rs2excelsior
2014-09-23, 06:20 PM
William draws his bow and nocks an arrow, ready to draw and release it at anything that might come through the door.

Burnheart
2014-09-23, 08:37 PM
"Well if everyone's ready?" Ulfgar asks, moving into position to open the doors.

Weikel
2014-09-24, 01:27 AM
"We'll go first Sheriff." Then drawing his blade, he turns to Ulfgar. "Do it."

AngryCyc
2014-09-25, 12:48 PM
The door opens easily for the mighty strength of Ulfgar, but the door opens to a surprising sight. Two creatures, humanoid shaped, but made entirely of bones reach out with sharp, boney claws to slash at Ulfgar!

Roll initiative!

Skeletons attack [roll0]
Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Skeletons attack [roll4]
Confirm [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Crit [roll7]

Cardea
2014-09-25, 01:48 PM
"It looks like they have a bone to pick with you, Ulfgar!" Valen says, moving fast. He taps Riker, granting him size and strength.

Enlarge Person on Riker.
Initiative: [roll0]

Burnheart
2014-09-25, 04:48 PM
Ulfgar collapses to the ground, bloodied and beaten but the creatures awaiting on the otherside of the door.

Syekate
2014-09-25, 08:42 PM
Seeing the damage Ulfgar takes, Rahazi goes into a rage. Focusing on the nearest skeleton, her axe arcs toward it with divine ferocity. "Let the Wind and Water cleanse you, unholy demons!" she shouts in orc as she attacks.

Using Judgement: Destruction for +1 damage for rest of encounter.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit Confirm [roll2]
Crit damage [roll3]

Weikel
2014-09-26, 02:13 AM
"Ulfgar!" As the cleric falls, Riker feels Valen's finger on his shoulder before his nearly doubles in size. Riker adopts his fighting stance, blade out front. Closing the distance, he swings wide at both the creatures in front of him.

Swift action to enter Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 damage). Initiate Scything Strike (attack 2 enemies using one attack roll).
Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage 1st enemy:[roll1]+[roll2]
Damage 2nd enemy:[roll3]+[roll4]

AngryCyc
2014-09-26, 05:03 AM
The mighty blow absolutely demolished the skeletons, sending the majority of them into the air as a puff of dust, while the remaining bones rattle and shake as they fly about. The skeletons are no more.

Syekate
2014-09-26, 07:34 AM
The threat gone for now, Rahazi turns her focus to the fallen cleric. With one hand to Ulfgar's chest, and another to her holy symbol, she prays for Gorzeh's aid in reviving her fallen comrade.

Healing [roll0] damage, Max 5

rs2excelsior
2014-09-26, 12:59 PM
Seeing that Rahazi has their fallen cleric in hand, William steps forward, bow in hand and drawn fully back, waiting for any sign of movement.

Step up into the edge of the tomb and ready an action to shoot an arrow at anything that comes forward to attack us.

Burnheart
2014-09-26, 06:09 PM
Opening his eyes with a moan, Ulfgar climbs carefully to his feet "Thanks." he says quietly to Rahazi before he stares down at the skeletons a dark frown appearing upon his face "Abominations, we need to stop this." he tells the others quietly.

Weikel
2014-09-26, 07:50 PM
Riker goes over to his downed enemies, examining them before looking into the open door. "Think there are more down there? Either way we should go down and find out."

Syekate
2014-09-27, 04:39 PM
With Ulfgar back on his feet, Rahazi continues to kneel, sifting through the bones for any signs of interest that might help point the group towards some answers. "Dead should not walk again," she mutters as she searches.

AngryCyc
2014-10-01, 06:15 AM
The party waits, but nothing more happens. "I think that... might be it." the sheriff says as he moves to head into the small vault.

Cardea
2014-10-01, 08:21 AM
While still feeling... redundant, Valen does admire their ferocity. He claps for a moment. "Come visit Sandpoint. Festivals, coastal living, be assaulted by Goblins and the undead. Has anyone known Goblins to summon the undead, or to command them? Anyone at all?"

Weikel
2014-10-01, 01:02 PM
Riker puts his hand on the sheriff's shoulder as he tries to move past Riker. "Let us go in first. There may be more of them in there. Vanguard, let's make sure this place is clear, then we can figure out what's going on." With that, he heads into the vault.

Can I assume I still fit into the vault? or has the enlarge person worn off yet?

Syekate
2014-10-01, 02:35 PM
Rahazi appears immersed in trying to compare the skeletons' feet to the humanoid footprints on the ground. She looks up after Riker says his piece. "Oh, yes, vanguard is us. I suppose we enter vault then."

rs2excelsior
2014-10-01, 04:28 PM
William keeps his eyes still scanning ahead, nodding to the others. He steps forward slowly, letting Riker and Rahazi catch up to him. They think they might have heard him muttering something about killing undead.

AngryCyc
2014-10-01, 05:06 PM
No creatures are present in the vault. Searching around does reveal a dark cloak cast off into the corner of the vault, and, with a cry from the sheriff, something else is revealed. "That was his coffin!" the sheriff says pointing to a now-open and empty grave in the vault. "Father Tobin's corpse should be resting there right now!"

Cardea
2014-10-01, 05:55 PM
"And as we can see, it isn't." Valen says, looking over the grave. "Did his family have any enemies? Does he have any next of kin that has upset someone?"

AngryCyc
2014-10-01, 05:59 PM
"No! He was an old man when he died in the chapel fire. His only family was his adopted daughter, Nualia, and she perished in the fire too... I suppose some ancient ancestral grudge may have been around but... After all that time? I guess we can't rule it out...

Do me a favor. Keep this between yourselves, okay? Goblin attack is one thing but stealing a priest's body is a whole new level I don't think this town could handle. At least not until more information comes to light...."

Syekate
2014-10-01, 06:49 PM
Rahazi scans the inside of the vault, muttering an invokation to Gorzeh as she goes. When finished, she says, "Two skeletons in vault. Maybe one came from coffin, but... Was daughter laid to rest here as well?"

Casting, starting with focusing on the coffin, then the cloak, then scanning the rest of the vault.

AngryCyc
2014-10-01, 07:01 PM
The cloak pings with a faint magical aura. Standard jazz to identify."No these vaults are primarily for the burying of servants of the church... The priests themselves. And additionally, Nualia's remains were not able to be retrieved from the... Well. What was left of the chapel and attached buildings was a smoldering pile of ash. Father Tobin died of smoke inhalation, probably in his sleep, and as his room was adjoining the chapel and off to the outskirts of it, there was actually a body to reclaim. Nualia was lost amongst the ash and debris."

Syekate
2014-10-01, 07:24 PM
"Perhaps we need to be searching other graves, then. Could be this is not only one robbed." The woman picks up the cloak for closer examination. Unable to determine the source of its aura herself, she balls it up and tosses it to Valen. "What can you make of this, funny man? It has magic aura."

Cardea
2014-10-01, 07:59 PM
"Hmm? Sure, sure." Valen grabs the cloak from the ground where it landed, missing the toss of it from Rahazi. His eyes glow teal as he stares at the cloak. "Bone takes an extraordinary amount of time to burn, however. It isn't like paper or grass or leaves. You're saying not one person found bones?"

Casting Detect Magic.
Spellcraft: [roll0]

AngryCyc
2014-10-01, 08:37 PM
Robe of Bones, no patches left.

"Look at the current cathedral. Imagine it was wooden. Now light it on fire and imagine finding a body in it after it's done. I'm not saying her bones disintegrated. I'm saying we didn't find them amongst the ash and rubble. Maybe they ended up buried during the clean up, or during the rebuilding of the cathedral. Maybe she's scattered around the countryside by now... I dunno honestly..."

Cardea
2014-10-01, 09:22 PM
"Garbage. But it does explain the skeletons." Valen says, dismissing the spell. "Robe of Bones. They're made with patches; pull them off, you get an undead of whatever the patch was. Its empty, however. No patches, no power. I'm guessing that's where the skeletons come from. What can you tell me of the girl?"

Burnheart
2014-10-02, 02:24 AM
"If you didn't find a body why are you so sure that this Nualia is dead?" Ulfgar asks the sheriff.

AngryCyc
2014-10-02, 11:23 AM
"Beautiful girl, Nualia. She was one of them Aasimar. Her hair was like liquid platinum and she sort of radiated an aura of beauty and goodness. She was a foundling I believe. Nobody knew where she came from. The good priest took her in though, and raised her from a child as his own flesh and blood. She was well admired in the community. Some even called her a gift from the gods themselves.

And I suppose we have no definitive proof that she died, but... Well. The facts are that her bedchamber was completely burnt to a crisp in the middle of the night, with the entire chapel collapsing down upon it. And she didn't exactly show up that morning and say 'oh hello. I'm alive. Here I am everyone!' So. I don't feel like it's any great leap of detective work to assume she died and that her remains are amongst the debris and detritus of the ruined chapel. It's the simplest answer that relies on the least assumptions. The place was a mess. If the father's room hasn't been so close to the edge, I doubt we'd have recovered his body too..."

rs2excelsior
2014-10-02, 11:41 AM
"A robe that summons undead, you say? Could be that whatever was leading these goblins was wearing it and decided to give us a surprise when we came in." William goes to where the robe was laying and begins searching for tracks--disturbed dust, torn-off bits of clothing, anything that could indicate something had passed by recently.

[roll0]
And if a survival check isn't appropriate, a general perception check: [roll1]

Syekate
2014-10-02, 04:34 PM
Rahazi plays with a string of beads woven into her unkempt hair as she contemplates the new information. "My tribe has crushed many goblin scum, but no warrior returned with tales of grave robbing. The coordinated attack, skeleton robe, all strange for goblins. Who is leading them?"

Burnheart
2014-10-03, 08:29 AM
"Whoever was wearing that robe perhaps, is there anyone in town who could perform a divination upon it?" Ulfgar asks the sheriff.

Cardea
2014-10-03, 08:37 AM
"Magic like that is... very uncommon, Ulfgar." Valen says holding the robe out before him.

Weikel
2014-10-03, 05:33 PM
Riker looks around the vault for any other sign of activity. "Do you think this was all planned together, or just someone taking advantage of the confusion that took hold last night? If it was planned, I think there is a bigger problem we have here. Unless anyone has an idea of more information we could get in town, perhaps we should pay a visit to the nearest areas where goblins typically reside."

Perception:[roll0]

Cardea
2014-10-04, 10:23 PM
"I was saying something like that yesterday, if I recall. Maybe we should ask our resident Innkeeper if she knows what's what around town?" Valen says, seizing Riker with a smirk.

Syekate
2014-10-06, 02:22 PM
Rahazi follows Valen and Riker out, still thinking aloud over the recent events. "Goblins attack cathedral. Next day, body found missing in Boneyard next to cathedral.; cannot be coincidence. If main objective of attack is stealing corpse, maybe other goblins captured know something? You remember what they say before? 'Long shank.' Perhaps Long Shank makes prints with goblin outside tomb, provides undead cloak to lay trap here. Yes, I will want to be talking again with goblin prisoners. If nothing else, they can tell us where their tribes are located." Resolved, she asks the sheriff to lead the way back into town towards the jail.

Weikel
2014-10-06, 03:34 PM
"Allow me to go with you, Rahazi. I may be able to get one to tell us something." Riker says, carrying on with her and the sheriff.

Syekate
2014-10-06, 06:59 PM
"Hah! Maybe I let you help with interrogation. You be angel, I will be demon."

AngryCyc
2014-10-11, 09:16 AM
"We'd already... Uh. Disposed ourselves of the little devils after they proved completely useless. Every single one of them was just told to come destroy, and they jumped on that without any need for more information. I even spoke to a few myself and there was no hint of deceit in their voice. The only talk of a "long shanks" was that someone had been talking to the higher-ups of the goblin tribes... The leaders and whatnot. That fits perfectly in with goblin nature. The majority of them just jumped at the chance to come destroy things. So there's not much need for further interrogation from those who neither know nor care why they were here.

Maybe you could go to the tribes themselves? But... That's just incredibly risky and stupid! Shalelu herself hasn't attempted to raid an entire tribe of goblins and she's been fighting them and living around them for decades! I'm afraid the trail might grow cold unless we uncover some new information first..."

Syekate
2014-10-12, 11:09 AM
Rahazi stops in her tracks, and turns on the sheriff in a fury. "What exactly are you meaning, disposed?" she asks angrily, but she quickly takes a deep breath and changes the subject back to the task at hand. "Nevermind, is too much to do for distractions. We need more information. We have all been about town; has anybody heard of goblin-related mysteries? I am told woman running cloth store, her father was reported killed by goblins at young age, but she is receiving elven gifts on day of birth every year. A difficult rumor to connect to current case, but anything could help. And what of this Shalelu? What do we know of her?"

AngryCyc
2014-10-13, 06:03 AM
"Shalelu is one of those ranger types. She doesn't really have a home I think, just lives out in the wilds. She's the best ally this town has though when it comes to goblins. She's been studying them and keeping them manageable for years now. She stops by town about twice a year and catches us up to speed on the ongoings of the various tribes, tells us who is in power and what we should be on the lookout for if anything. She was just here 2 months ago which means we shouldn't expect to see her for another 4 months yet. Shame really, because she gave no indication about anything being out of the normal. In fact she was pretty certain that it would just be another boring year with no real rise in activities..."

Cardea
2014-10-19, 10:42 AM
Where did everybody else go? :smalleek:

"What that means, then, is someone is working with the Goblins. Something that this Shalelu would not have foreseen," Valen says, stuffing the robe into his bag. "Which is all the more reason to ask around town for information pertaining to people who aren't locals. Us excluded, of course. As said, I will be going to our hostess for word on town. Anyone else wish to join me?"

rs2excelsior
2014-10-20, 10:25 PM
Sorry for the silence, it's been a busy week.

"I'll go with you, although I think we might have heard all we're going to hear. This Shalelu would be worth talking to, though I imagine she'd be hard to find." William turns to the Sheriff. "Is there anyone who would want to see harm done to Sandpoint? A powerful person with a grudge, or a political or economic rival?"

Syekate
2014-10-21, 05:46 AM
At a conference for a couple more days, so limited posting, sorry.

"It is best we stick together during hunt. Surprises like this may be appearing anywhere at this point."

AngryCyc
2014-10-21, 06:09 AM
"hmm.. no. No. There aren't really any political threats against Sandpoint. I mean, maybe the Sczarni but, no that's really about it. As for foreigners, for one thing there were plenty of them here for the festival but I see no reason to go suspecting foreigners merely for not having lived here... and if that IS the standard we are going with, I see no reason that you lot should be included from it. See what I mean?

No, no. Our best course of action here is most likely vigilance. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more information, but there really aren't ant true leads to go on yet. We're better off keeping all this speculation between us, too... as there is really no need to stir up and alarm the entire town AND those behind this if we expect to catch them. Be vigilant and be calm about it, and our perpetrator will reveal themselves to us in time."

Weikel
2014-10-21, 03:55 PM
"Oh, I suppose in that case I can't ask them anything, but I still think seeing their tribal homes would be good. We don't necessarily need to raid them, but scouting might help if we are to figure out what they are really after. For all we know, there could be even more goblins amassing for another attack, though that seems unlikely. Either way I think the best source of information is going to be the source of these goblins."

rs2excelsior
2014-10-21, 10:36 PM
William nods to Riker's statement. "Agreed. You always track a wild beast to its lair if you want to find where it's hunting."