PDA

View Full Version : Caster Killer Class/Sub-class, who are they?

hawklost
2014-08-09, 01:37 PM
After having a chance to read through the PHB, what class/Sub-class do you see as being the best Caster Killer? (This includes other caster classes or multi-classing)

I am seeing the Paladin of Ancients being quite powerful against Damage style Casters
* +cha to all saves
* Good Wis Save and Cha saves
* Immune to Fear
* Cleansing touch to remove spell against you
* Natures Wrath to hold Casters close
* Aura of Warding gives Resistance to all damage from spells

What are your opinions?

CyberThread
2014-08-09, 01:59 PM
Hmm... the features that can kill a mage ... I think while some features are good.. all of them will need this feat

Mage Slayer

If someone cast a spell within 5 feet of you , you can use your reaction to hit them with a melee weapon

If you hit them , they get disadvatage status on saving throws for concentration

You have advantage on saving throws from spells that are made within 5 feet of you

Besides another caster, melee fighters do get some serious tools to handle magic users.

Chambers
2014-08-09, 03:15 PM
The Gnome's racial ability that grants it Advantage on Int, Wis, & Cha saves versus magic gives it a potent defense. Gnome Paladins, whee. :smallsmile:

shomaxt
2014-08-09, 09:25 PM
As long as feats are involved, I believe a Battle Master with the Archery Specialization and Sharpshooter will do a pretty good job at it. With a longbow, they can fire from as far away as 500 feet and incur no disadvantage, while at the same time doing at least (Assuming 16 DEX) 14 damage per attack and +2 to hit at level one, and it only gets better from there. At higher levels you can pick up Alert as well so that you'll have increased initiative, so you can geek the mage before he gets a spell off.