PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Armed Legs...Can it be done?

Getsugaru
2014-08-09, 04:16 PM
Something I've noticed recently is the popularity in many series (anime, manga, video games, novels, etc.) to have a character have weapons mounted on their legs. I know that 3.5 has knives that you braid into your beard to fight with, but can think of very few weapons for the user's feet, and very few ways (sadly, monk comes to mind) for them to actually use them without crazy high penalties. So, playground, how would one go about having a character with weapons on their legs (for visual examples, look up Bayonetta; actually, see anything linked to this page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmedLegs))?

ahenobarbi
2014-08-09, 04:22 PM
Raptorans (Races of the Dragon) have a bow that you FIDE using both your legs and arms (when flying).

Complete Scoundrel hashidden- blade-mounted-on-a-shoe weapon but I don' remember it's name right now (and can't check right now).

I don't recall any more.

EDITS: Stupid autocorrect.

Fable Wright
2014-08-09, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Boot Blades/Knee blades from Complete Scoundrel are exactly what you're looking for. The penalties are limited to only -2, and the kneeblade at least does Short Sword damage.

Getsugaru
2014-08-09, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Boot Blades/Knee blades from Complete Scoundrel are exactly what you're looking for. The penalties are limited to only -2, and the kneeblade at least does Short Sword damage.

Are there any foot/ankle crossbows? :smallamused:

Jack_Simth
2014-08-09, 06:16 PM
Are there any foot/ankle crossbows? :smallamused:
You could probably add the throwing and returning weapon properties. I'm fond of Defending for such things, myself. I mean, you can totally trick a human out with two footspikes, two knee blades, two weighted sleeves, X poison rings, armor spikes, a spiked animated shield, a weapon in each hand, probably a few others. Make 'em all +1 Defending, then get a Chained Greater Magic Weapon going....

Getsugaru
2014-08-09, 06:21 PM
Main reason for asking about crossbows is so I could give them the Quick Reload trait...thing... and turn them into this (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/bayo-bayonetta-kick_3673.jpg). :smallamused: