PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

Tygerkitsune
2014-08-09, 04:39 PM
So, recently in some of my down time I have been building characters, and having quite a bit of fun with it. One in particular, I wanted to be a parkour character. I know the character would go great in a city scape scenario, and not so much in the open world (well, to an extent anyway..) This is the first draft, and looks "good." Just curious what you guys would suggest adding/changing to make it better, however I am not looking to min/max this by any means. Just, helpful suggestions, feats, classes, etc to achieve the parkour affect i am wanting.

Alena Lightfoot
halfling Parkour aficionado(Strong Heart Halfling)(shaky Flaw)

Str 14 (+2)
Dex 18 (+4)
Con 11 (+0)
Int 16 (+3)
Wis 10 (+0)
Cha 10 (+0)

HP 90
AC 17 (+5+3+1)
Damage Per attack
1d4+
SA +8d6
Sk +5d6(7d6+7ac) +5ac

LvL Class BAB Fort Ref Will Special Feat
1 Swashbuckler 1 2 0 0 Weapon Finesse Dodge, Mobility, Combat Reflexes
2 Swashbuckler 2 3 0 0 Grace +1
3 Swashbuckler 3 3 1 1 Insightful Strike Combat Expertise
4 Rogue 3 3 3 1 Sneak Attack 1d6, Trapfinding
5 Rogue 4 3 4 1 Evasion
6 Rogue 5 4 4 2 Sneak Attack 2d6, Trapsense Daring Outlaw
7 Scout 5 4 6 2 Skirmish 1d6, Trapfinding
8 Scout 6/1 4 7 2 Battle Fortitude +1, Uncanny Dodge
9 Scout 7/2 5 7 3 Fast Movement +10, Skirmish +1d6 +1ac, Trackless Step Elusive Target
10 Scout 7/2 5 8 3 Bonus Feat Swift Ambusher
11 Rogue 8/3 6 9 4 Improved Uncanny Dodge
12 Rogue 8/3 6 9 4 Sneak Attack +3d6 Improved Trip
13 Rogue 9/4 7 10 5 Trapsense +2
14 Rogue 10/5 7 10 5 Sneak Attack +4d6
15 Rogue 11/6/1 8 11 5 IMproved Uncanny Dodge Spring Attack
16 Rogue 11/6/1 9 11 6 Sneak Attack +5d6, Trapsense +3
17 Rogue 12/7/2 10 12 7 Skill Mastery
18 Rogue 13/8/3 10 12 7 Sneak Attack 6d6 Improved Skirmish
19 Rogue 14/9/4 11 13 8 Trap Sense +4
20 Rogue 14/9/4 11 13 8 Sneak Attack 7d6, Slippery Mind

SKills:
Balance 23
Climb 23
Disable Device 4
Escape Artist 23
Jump 23
Hide 23
Listen 23
Move Silently 23
open Lock 3
Spot 10
Search 10
Tumble 23

SKill Tricks:
Acrobatic Backstab
Easy Escape
Back On your Feet
Corner Perch
Extreme Leap
Leaping climber
Slipping Past
Walk the walls
Wall Jumper

Ranks/Spent
229/229

Any suggestions? Comments? I realize that this is a pretty basic build, nothing outstanding and what not. Which is why i say it's "good." I feel that it just needs something... especially for those last 10 levels.

yoshi67
2014-08-09, 09:13 PM
Parkour is about flavoring movement, so most of it is how you describe it. With those high skill levels you should be able to make whatever the DC is for running up walls, backflipping over fences, or whatever else you want to do. I would suggest looking at Slippers of Spider Climb to do some REALLY impressive stuff. Items that increase movement speed would be good too, as well as Chronocharm of the Fateweaver. It gives 1/day reroll one Balance, Climb, or Tumble checks that might be useful if you miss a Jump check running across rooftops.

HaikenEdge
2014-08-09, 09:30 PM
Parkour is about flavoring movement, so most of it is how you describe it. With those high skill levels you should be able to make whatever the DC is for running up walls, backflipping over fences, or whatever else you want to do. I would suggest looking at Slippers of Spider Climb to do some REALLY impressive stuff. Items that increase movement speed would be good too, as well as Chronocharm of the Fateweaver. It gives 1/day reroll one Balance, Climb, or Tumble checks that might be useful if you miss a Jump check running across rooftops.

You're confusing parkour with free running, which are two different things. Parkour is primarily about efficiency of movement through space, while all the flourishes and what not are mostly free running. Parkour can generally be simulated with a good skill bonuses in Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble, as well as the ability to run/charge through difficult terrain.

Frankly speaking, the skill bonuses and skill tricks seem to fit what you're going for, so you should be good to go.

Extra Anchovies
2014-08-12, 03:01 PM
Ignore this if you aren't using psionics, but if you aren't using Up The Walls (expanded psionics handbook) then you aren't doing parkour properly, IMO. You need to be psionically focused to use it (so you'd probably need to take Wild Talent or something similar to get it), but it lets you move on vertical surfaces as long as you start and end on a horizontal surface. It's compatible with Spring Attack, and there's no limit to how often you use the feat. Could be combined with Speed of Thought, which grants +10 feet to speed as long as you're psionically focused. Speed of Thought grants an insight bonus, too, so it stacks with the enhancement bonuses from spells or Boots of Striding and Springing.

This thread makes me want to make a Soulknife build focused on being Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed.

Tygerkitsune
2014-08-12, 06:29 PM
Sadly, Psionics is a no go, but still worth noting for future uses. I actually got a chance to try out a low level version of this, and while it was immensely fun, I realized that what made it fun was how it was played, not so much how it was built. The skills/skill tricks are very make or break for this character, and I am sure that within time, I will remake her again. Albeit, somewhat differently. Thanks for the input ^.^