PDA

View Full Version : Does Mage Armor Stack?

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-03-05, 11:56 AM
Say I'm a Fighter in full plate, with a +8 bonus to AC. I proceed to drink a potion of Mage Armor. Do the two stack? And (I'm assuming not) can Mage Armor stack with itself?

AngelSword
2007-03-05, 11:59 AM
Since Mage Armor grants an armor bonus, it doesn't stack with normal armor. Casing it again while still under the effects of the first spell would cause the duration to extend, since the spells overlap.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-05, 12:00 PM
No and no.

Mage armor provides and armor bonus and except for a few exceptions bonuses of the same type does not stack.

Even if it was an unnamed bonus it would not stack ,because bonuses from the same source does not stack.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-03-05, 12:03 PM
Thank you.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-03-05, 01:21 PM
However, as mage armor is made of force, using the spell in combination with normal armor can provide benefits while fighting incorporeal or ethereal foes.

Thes Hunter
2007-03-05, 03:06 PM
However, as mage armor is made of force, using the spell in combination with normal armor can provide benefits while fighting incorporeal or ethereal foes.

Very interesting. I will remember that.

However, my current GM is a lawyer, and he doesn't like me rules lawyering in the game. :smallwink:

Shrew
2007-03-05, 03:09 PM
So do multiple casting of spells like Ray of Enfeeblement, Poison, or other ability drainers stack?

Fax Celestis
2007-03-05, 03:11 PM
So do multiple casting of spells like Ray of Enfeeblement, Poison, or other ability drainers stack?

Ability drain? No. Ability damage? Yes.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-05, 03:14 PM
Ray of Enfeeblement provides a penalty, and penalties of the same type or from the same source do not stack.

Drain or damage to abilities really does not have anything to do with stacking.
You can get damaged or drained multiple times.

You do not ask if the damage from being hit with a longsword two times stack or overlap either.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-05, 03:16 PM
Ability drain? No.

You are thinking about penalties, right Fax? :smallwink: