PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Ronan the Accuser

Carl
2014-08-09, 09:12 PM
For fun, and profit, (selling for 4 Billion units). Obviously insanely overpowered :smalltounge:

Ronan the Accuser:
Large Humanoid
Hit Dice: 30d20+630 (945 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 42 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +15 Deflection, +15 Natural Armor), touch 27, flat-footed 39
Base Attack/Grapple: +55
Attack: +5 Hammer +60 melee (8D8 + 30 / 15-20 4x)
Full Attack: +5 Hammer +60 melee (8D8 + 30 / 15-20 4x)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Energy Burst (8D8)
Special Qualities: Supremely Tough, Heavy Fortification, DR 20/- Energy Resistance Fire/Cold/Acid/Lightning/Sonic 30, Absorb Missiles, Mettle, Improved Mettle, Bastion, Fast Healing 20, Intimidating Presence
Saves: Fort +33, Ref -, Will +32
Abilities: Str 60, Dex 16, Con 30, Int 22, Wis 28, Cha 10
Skills: Heal +40, Intimidate +40, Listen +40. Spot +40, Survival +40, Use Magic Device +40
Feats: Weapon Focus (Hammer), Power Attack, Improved Feint, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Improved Critical (Hammer), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Great Fortitude, Improved Ovverun, Improved Bullrush, Improved Sunder, Endurance, Diehard, Whirlwind Attack, Overwhelming Critical (Hammer), Devestating Critical (Hammer), Epic Endurance, Epic Fortitude, Epic Will, Improved Combat Reflex’s, Legendary Wrestler, Perfect Health
Challenge Rating: Too Hard

Energy Burst (Ex): Ronan The Accusers Hammer is able to emit a powerful of energy in a 25Ft Cone dealing the indicated damage. In addition any creature of Large Size or smaller is Blown Backwards 30 Feet from it’s starting position and lands prone. If it strikes an object it stops and both take 1D6 damage per 5 Ft they would have travelled and falls prone. If it struck a creature of equal or lesser size then the creature is also knocked prone Any creature struck by the Blast must also pass a Fortitude save with a DC of 50 or be stunned for 1 round. The save DC is Strength based.

Supremely Tough (Ex): Ronan the Accuser gains the Toughness and Epic Toughness Feats once each per 3 HD he possesses.

Heavy Fortification (Ex): Ronan the Accuser is immune to critical hits, in addition any damage dealing effect has an 80% chance of being nullified completely, (it deals no damage), and it’s total damage before deductions for DR/Energy resistance is reduced by 90%, (i.e. it becomes 1 tenth it’s prior magnitude). Finally Ronan the Accuser is immune to Death Affects.

Absorb Missiles (Ex): Ronan the Accuser’s incredibly tough armor absorbs and negates completely all Missiles and Rays.

Bastion (Ex): Ronan the Accuser Gains a bonus to his Armour Class equal to his HD, split half and half between Deflection and Natural Armour Modifier Types. In addition he always substitutes his Fortitude save for his Reflex save when asked to make a Reflex Save, his Mettle and Improved Mettle features do work with this. Finally Ronan is Immune to Negative Energy affects, Ability Drain, and Ability Damage.

Intimidating Presence (Ex): Ronan the Accuser may use his Intimidate Skill in the place of Diplomacy, Bluff, and Gather Information skills for all relevant skill uses. In addition he is Immune to all Mind Affecting Affects.

Hammer (Ex): Ronan the Accuser's Hammer is a Mighty Weapon indeed, after calculating it's base rolled damage, Quadruple it.

Leviting
2014-08-09, 10:28 PM
I don't think than Ronan is large, just saying. He seems to be not much wider or taller than Starlord

bekeleven
2014-08-11, 01:41 AM
I assume Hammer (Ex) is included in the statblock, but the wording really confuses me. If it were already applied, it would say "He deals quadruple damage with his hammer." Instead it says "After rolling, quadruple it." Does that mean I roll the 8D8 and quadruple it to 32D8+120?

Improved Mettle doesn't exist. If you want it, write it.

His base attack probably doesn't equal his grapple. As a matter of fact, he has 30 humanoid HD, so he should have a BAB of 22. This also means his full attack should swing 4 times, unless his hammer can't be used as an attack action. And if that's the case then he can't make attacks of opportunity with it.

Not sure where the D20 HD is coming from, but I'm too lazy to read through that ream of feats.

---------------------

So basically he's immune to any effect that requires a save unless it kills him on a success, in which case he has +32-33 against avoiding the on-success effect.

In addition, he has an ungodly AC, good touch AC, energy resist, fast healing, some immunities, and a big ol' bag of health.

Basically, he's a god if you're next to him. The way to take this guy is 1. Fly 50 feet in the air, and 2. Start killing him with BFC. You know, wall him in with walls of stone, place the walls of stone in a forcecage, then starve him to death. If you don't have enough of the right spells prepared, just run away - he'll wait. He has no alternate form of movement, after all.

Anyway, against a group playing "the right way" he'd be a rather high CR - probably an epic challenge by the book, in that you'd need an epic level group of Rogue + Core Fighter + Fireball Wizard + Healbot cleric to defeat him. Against a group of high-tier characters... or even just one moderately optimized caster... I'd say you can take him as soon as you get enough 5th level slots, say at level 12, using the method I described above. With a bit of book diving, you could probably do it earlier. He's not immune to ability damage, so I'd use that myself. Surge of Fortune + slime hurl for clerics, spectral hand + true strike + metamagiced shivering touch for clerics or wizards, for instance. Neither attack is a missile or a ray. Get one of his stats to 0 and he's helpless (or dead).

Carl
2014-08-11, 02:06 PM
I assume Hammer (Ex) is included in the statblock, but the wording really confuses me. If it were already applied, it would say "He deals quadruple damage with his hammer." Instead it says "After rolling, quadruple it." Does that mean I roll the 8D8 and quadruple it to 32D8+120?

Improved Mettle doesn't exist. If you want it, write it.

His base attack probably doesn't equal his grapple. As a matter of fact, he has 30 humanoid HD, so he should have a BAB of 22. This also means his full attack should swing 4 times, unless his hammer can't be used as an attack action. And if that's the case then he can't make attacks of opportunity with it.

Not sure where the D20 HD is coming from, but I'm too lazy to read through that ream of feats.

I'm basically treating him like he has a unique class, remember humanoids usually vary stuff by class level. I just didn't want to write out a full class for what is ultimately a throw away idea thought up in about 5 minutes for fun.

Also quite a few monsters don't get iterative attacks, that's why he gets the big damage multiplier, it's more his style, single massively powerful blow at the most opportune moment against the most appropriate target.

So basically he's immune to any effect that requires a save unless it kills him on a success, in which case he has +32-33 against avoiding the on-success effect.

In addition, he has an ungodly AC, good touch AC, energy resist, fast healing, some immunities, and a big ol' bag of health.

Basically, he's a god if you're next to him. The way to take this guy is 1. Fly 50 feet in the air, and 2. Start killing him with BFC. You know, wall him in with walls of stone, place the walls of stone in a forcecage, then starve him to death. If you don't have enough of the right spells prepared, just run away - he'll wait. He has no alternate form of movement, after all.

Anyway, against a group playing "the right way" he'd be a rather high CR - probably an epic challenge by the book, in that you'd need an epic level group of Rogue + Core Fighter + Fireball Wizard + Healbot cleric to defeat him. Against a group of high-tier characters... or even just one moderately optimized caster... I'd say you can take him as soon as you get enough 5th level slots, say at level 12, using the method I described above. With a bit of book diving, you could probably do it earlier. He's not immune to ability damage, so I'd use that myself. Surge of Fortune + slime hurl for clerics, spectral hand + true strike + metamagiced shivering touch for clerics or wizards, for instance. Neither attack is a missile or a ray. Get one of his stats to 0 and he's helpless (or dead).

I'm going to assume from this you haven't seen the movie. If your in an environment where you can out range his hammer blast your in an environment where his necrocraft can just use their fireball machineguns to reduce you to paste.

Also check under Bastiion, you missed something. Forcecage can be dealt with though by making his staff blast equivalent to a disintegrate i guess. But it is kinda how he get's delayed for a while in the movie. Unfortunately by that point he's got the Infinity Gem so as soon as he gets tired of waiting he busts out.