PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other New Races (PEACH)

Bluydee
2014-08-09, 10:52 PM
The idea popped in my mind, so I made a thread.

Slauzan

http://37.media.tumblr.com/c41e3a554ce96413da28b7887ff7eacc/tumblr_n2am96TlrH1rfyiu4o1_500.jpg

The slauzan are an outcast race, unable to feel at home anywhere from their mixed heritage of elf and orc. Hunted by either race, and rejected by others, the slauzan lives a lonely life.

Personality:
From their cruel upbringing, to their persecution by their own races, most slauzan are cold and unfeeling, callously rejecting others in fear of being rejected first. Many refuse to work with others, preferring to walk alone. In addition, slauzan are known for their violent mood swings, switching from sadness to anger in a blink of an eye.

Physical Description:
Slauzan are both graceful yet strong, more dexterous then their bulk would seem, carrying themselves with a inbred nobility from elves. They have faces like a muscular elf, and bodies like a slimmer orc. Slauzan average around 6'5, in between 5'11 and 6'11.

Relations:
Most races view upon the slauzan in disgust, as many of the more good races see the orc inside them, and those sworn to evil see the elf inside. This is specially true for orcs and elves, who swear to hunt any slauzan abominations they can. More neutral races don't take a stand, like humans and halflings.

Alignment:
The slauzan tend mostly to neutrality, torn between savagery and nobility of their parent races.

Slauzan Lands:
Slauzan lands do not exist, for not only are they rare, they usually are hunted down before ever being able to settle down and form communities.

Religion:
Slauzan tend to no religion, for both Corellon Larethian and Grummsh refuse to listen to their call. Only rare, true slauzan heroes can call on the might of Corellon Larethian, and only true slauzan villains can call on the vileness of Grummsh.

Language:
Slauzan speak Common. They usually also know Elven and Orcish.

Names:
Slauzan names are usually Elven or Orcish in nature, although those who may have been abandoned may be named in a language of their adopters.

Adventurers:
Slauzan adventurers are the most numerous variety, for rarely can any ever live a peaceful life. These mercenaries are known for their efficiency and swiftness, with no shortcuts. Once they take a job, they rarely ever quit.

Slauzan Racial Traits

+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma. Slauzan are graceful and strong. They are brighter than the average person, but are usually detached from normal life and their cold, callous personality as well as their heritage makes them hard to approach and talk to.
Medium. As medium creatures, Slauzan have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Slauzan base land speed is 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: A slauzan can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Violent Fury: Slauzan, with their anger and sorrow, can release all their fury in short bursts. When reduced to below half health, a slauzan can enter a violent fury, gaining +2 to strength and dexterity but suffer a -2 penalty to wisdom and intelligence, viewing all nearby enemies as people who brought great pain to them in the past. This lasts for up to 1 minute, or can be ended prematurely if there are no enemies left to fight. This can be used up to 1+their constitution modifier times per day (minimum 1).
Slauzan Blood: For all effects related to a race, a slauzan is considered both an elf and an orc.
A slauzan gains +2 on saves against magical sleep and enchantment effects.
Favored Class: Ranger

Bluydee
2014-08-09, 10:57 PM
Another race I thought of.

Golan

http://38.media.tumblr.com/f527c44d023704ce734cf8b4c661dc2c/tumblr_ml6zkuj8Rb1rfyiu4o1_500.jpg

Golan are souls of the departed, sealed in armor through experiments or mere chance. They are renowned for their skill in battle, and for their stealth, able to blend in with any military group. These souls can only faintly remember some details of their life, though they know for certain their old race and homeland.

Personality:
Golan, though fierce in the art of war, are usually jovial folk, happily conversing with others. At times, however, they can feel sadness at being unable to remember their past life, or the fact they can never truly interact with others.

Physical Description:
A golan's physical description depends mostly on the armor they inhabit.

Relations:
Many races hire golan, for their skill and prowess. As well, golan who had past life as a certain race are always welcome in their past races homes.

Alignment:
Golan usually have alignments corresponding to their past life, though they usually don't remember why they gone down that path in the first place.

Golan Lands:
Golan lands are usually the homeland of their past life. Golans, due to their mixed races, rarely congregate with others.

Religion:
Golan pay respects to their old race's gods.

Language:
Golan speak common, and can fluently speak the main language of their past life

Names:
Golan names are usually just ordinary objects, like Rock, thoguh varied depending on the language of their old race.

Adventurers:
The golan are primarily a race of adventurers and mercenaries, rarely taking any other jobs due to their natural armor.

Golan Racial Traits

All golan have +2 charisma and -2 wisdom. Golan also receive an adjustment depending on the armor they inhabit. As constructs, Golan have no constitution score.
Medium. As medium creatures, Golan have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Golan base land speed is 30 feet.
Armored Toughness: Golan have no constitution score, though they receive extra health equal to half the hp of the armor they inhabit. At above 10 levels they gain DR equal to the hardness of their armor/magic.
Golan Armor: All golan inhabit a suit of armor. This can be any type of armor, and the Golan can enhance it like a normal set of armor. Depending on what type of armor they inhabit, Golan gain an extra stat bonus. Light Armor: +2 Dexterity, Medium Armor: +2 Strength. Heavy armor instead gets moderate fortification.
Construct Traits.
Golan Life: Golan, for all intents and purposes, can be treated as one race. This race can only be chosen once and can never be changed.
Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Knight

Bluydee
2014-08-09, 10:58 PM
Reserved #2

Bluydee
2014-08-09, 11:00 PM
Reserved #3

Ralcos
2014-08-10, 12:28 AM
I know it's a bit too early, but I like this idea.

The race (imho) is balanced as well as allowing roleplaying opportunities.

I'm suddenly thinking of a character concept for a wandering outcast in all respects, due to having psychic powers.

Doesn't a Slauzan Psychic Warrior/Swordsage sound awesome or what?

Sorry. Excitement overwhelmed me. :smallsmile::smallbiggrin:
Anyways, good idea.

ZinZenWho
2014-08-22, 12:31 AM
(Bows down and begins worshiping) The Golan is what I've always wanted in a race (from a role play perspective). Although I might change their stat mods depending on what type of armor that are (like a to - dex if their heavy armor.)

ZinZenWho
2014-08-22, 12:40 AM
I wonder if multiple golans could willingly "fuse" to make a super Golan as a once a day spel like ability. Or do you treat the armor that they "inhabit" as one solid piece of armor and can't be taken apart to be replaced of it say rusts? Can they disassemble themselves? Or would that kill/injure them?

EdokTheTwitch
2014-08-22, 04:41 AM
The Slauzan seem to be an interesting race, though I think it is a bit unfair to say that you came up with the idea, when it is obviously a rework of an existing (homebrewed) race. And just a quick comment: You left the mention of Voldur in the Slauzan blood feature.

Now, for the actual race: Well, the ability scores seem a bit too min-maxy, IMHO. maybe drop the INT bonus, and reduce CHA to -2? I like the rest of their racial abilities, especially Violent Fury, it's really flavorful. And it's easily reflavored to just a rage gene from their Orc side, if a campaign is not played as a "mutants are hated" thing. Good job on that.

Golan, on the other hand, are awesome. I love the interaction between them and their armor, and I'm really sorry I didn't stumble on them earlier, when I was starting my E6 campaign. They would have been a perfect substitute for warforged, as they were the only other "real" race, aside from humans. The race just oozes awesome, good job.