View Full Version : Pathfinder Best 3.5 and pathfinder wizard spells for scrolls and and wands.

Iwasforger03
2014-08-09, 11:38 PM
I have around 60K and I can scribe my own scrolls. Anything not already in my spell book I'll buy a scroll of once then get more as necessary.

So what spells are good as scrolls and wands?

jaydubs
2014-08-09, 11:57 PM
Off the top of my head (PF):
-Tongues and comprehend languages.
-The various counters to magical darkness and invisibility.
-Gust of wind for cloud effects.
-Sending if you have some form of backup you can call on short notice.
-Wand of infernal healing for out of combat.
-Endure elements if your campaign deals with that sort of thing.
-Silent image.
-True strike.

Snowbluff
2014-08-10, 12:09 AM
Wands?

Wraith Strike for melee.

Wings of Flurry (use an eternal wand for this one).

Friendly Fire.

Celerity.

Enervation.

Ray of Clumsiness.

Shivering Touch.

Dalebert
2014-08-10, 08:20 AM
Wand of Mudballs (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mudball).

Thanx, Psyren.

Snowbluff
2014-08-10, 09:01 AM
Wand of Mudballs (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mudball).

What? Why? Remember the mud only needs a DC 11 to be removed. After making an attack roll, it has a pretty good chance of being removed. I guess it can be useful for sneak attackers, but still...

Also, make sure to get some spiked gauntlets with wand chambers in them. Drawing wands is for dweebs.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-08-10, 09:26 AM
Benign Transposition, Joyful Noise, Knock, Blockade, Instant of Power, Sonorous Hum, Glibness, Faerie Fire, Wings of Cover, Lesser Vigor.
You'll need UMD for some of those depending on class but they're generally useful for every caster if you can spare the skill points.

Dalebert
2014-08-10, 02:45 PM
What? Why? Remember the mud only needs a DC 11 to be removed.

And that means they will frequently be successful, but they are blinded automatically UNTIL the start of their next turn when they finally get that save. Depending on initiative order, a lot of your allies could get actions in the meantime. It's usefulness is somewhat contextual (based on initiative order), but when it's useful, it can be very useful. Even if an ally wipes it off for them a little earlier, that's still a standard action by one of your opponents wasted.

Oneris
2014-08-10, 02:51 PM
And that means they will frequently be successful, but they are blinded automatically UNTIL the start of their next turn when they finally get that save. Depending on initiative order, a lot of your allies could get actions in the meantime. It's usefulness is somewhat contextual (based on initiative order), but when it's useful, it can be very useful. Even if an ally wipes it off for them a little earlier, that's still a standard action by one of your opponents wasted.

Of course, your success might be undercut by the GM ridiculing you mercilessly as the rules suggest. :smallamused:

deuxhero
2014-08-10, 03:35 PM
Scroll:
Gentle Repose: You don't want to prepare this every day, but if you don't have it when you need it, it kinda stinks.
Erase: If someone scrawls down your name before dieing, you don't want to wait a day to get rid of it.